PDA

View Full Version : Offical ABA draft thread - Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Jose Slaughter
10-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Thanks

Frank Slade
10-21-2006, 11:58 AM
With the First Pick in the 2006 ABA Draft...

Frank's Ball Buster's select..

LeBron James

Hicks
10-21-2006, 12:54 PM
NOTHING?

I was even 15 minutes later than I thought, and NO ONE has picked since then?

Wow.

able
10-21-2006, 12:58 PM
Pizza isn't on

what can we say, would've been nice to leave a msg with a reason

DisplacedKnick
10-21-2006, 01:16 PM
I gave James my top 5 - I don't see why, in the 1st rd, anyone can't make a list. I can see it later to balance your lineup but in rd 1?

Hicks
10-21-2006, 01:18 PM
It's not that; I'm just surprised. I thought it'd go faster.

I'd like to get out today to see a movie, but it's looking like I'm grounded for the next two days at this rate.

:violin:

able
10-21-2006, 01:22 PM
2 days ???? more like 2 weeks :D

DisplacedKnick
10-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Well, I'm putting storm windows up in a bit but James has my list for the 1st rd. I think I'll be back in time for the 2nd.

Do we need a draft discussion thread? We could corrupt this one pretty quick.

Jose Slaughter
10-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Hicks

Don't let this get in the way of your life.

There was no way this was going to go like clockwork. However, I am a little surprised that we're stuck after just one pick.

JayRedd
10-21-2006, 02:26 PM
hmm....I thought yall were gonna be waiting on me by now

Los Angeles
10-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Can we have a policy where a courtesy email is sent when it is your turn?

If I wait for a long while and nothing happens I feel like I'm wasting my time. But if I go away and then there is a flurry of activity, I'm seen as the problem.

SO - if I get an email alerting me that it is my turn, thenI can be back online almost instantly via my handheld.

Speaking of which, can my handheld account "LosAngeles" (no space) be given access to this forum?

Thanks!

Jose Slaughter
10-21-2006, 03:47 PM
As soon as Frank Slade made his pick I sent Pizza Guy a "pager message" that he will get the moment he logs in.

I just sent off an e-mail but I'm telling ya now if I have to send off 275 e-mails over the next 10 days I'm gonna more than a little PO!

Los Angeles
10-21-2006, 04:55 PM
Ah - I didn't really consider it in terms of total number. Yeah, 275 emails is silly - and too much to deal with. I retract my suggestion.

I guess I'll just let the person picking ahead of me that I may be away and to send me a PM (which is forwarded to me as an email anyway) once they've made their decision.

Thanks.

DisplacedKnick
10-21-2006, 05:03 PM
If you'll be away for a while and your pick's up soon, just send jose a PM.

Of course I don't think he'll be on here nonstop for the next week either.

Jose Slaughter
10-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Not non-stop, but it'll seem like it.

JayRedd
10-21-2006, 05:58 PM
This sorta sucks

Jose Slaughter
10-21-2006, 06:01 PM
I've got list from 5 guys picking in the top 11.

If you want to send me a list of players we can try to get this thing rolling once Pizza Guy gives us his pick.

JayRedd
10-21-2006, 06:05 PM
I would if I had any idea who will be available at 18...Too many possibilities to plan around.

I'll still be at home for a few more hours I think. Hopefully, Pizza will make an apearance and we'll get me out of the way before too long.

Hicks
10-21-2006, 07:22 PM
STILL nothing. Jeez.

Jose Slaughter
10-21-2006, 07:30 PM
I realize we go thru a long dry spell during our draft every year but after everything we've done in the past few weeks, this is nothing short of disappointing.

I hope this will spur people to be a little more attentive to the draft from here on out.

able
10-21-2006, 08:09 PM
I realize we go thru a long dry spell during our draft every year but after everything we've done in the past few weeks, this is nothing short of disappointing.

I hope this will spur people to be a little more attentive to the draft from here on out.

I could not agree more.

diamonddave00
10-21-2006, 08:17 PM
I'd almost suggest just picking 2nd ranked player for him as yahoo does- picking highest ranked player if teams don't show

Frank Slade
10-21-2006, 08:29 PM
I'd almost suggest just picking 2nd ranked player for him as yahoo does- picking highest ranked player if teams don't show

That was my thinking just give him KG so we can move on

JayRedd
10-21-2006, 09:17 PM
I just got a call from Pizza Guy...He says he's sorry and, with the 2nd Pick in the 2006 American Basketball Association Draft, he will take Sarunas Jasikevicious.

Burnzone, you are now on the clock.

pizza guy
10-21-2006, 09:51 PM
Wow, really sorry about that guys!

:blush: :blush: :blush:

I was out of town all day, without any chance to get online. A thousand apologies.

Hicks
10-21-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm banking on Tim Duncan having a rebound from last season's dip. I think he will.

Jose Slaughter
10-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Duncan is a great pick for being 6th.

He hasn't been taken outside the top 3 in his career.

diamonddave00
10-21-2006, 11:20 PM
Sorry I was slow picking i left for first time today 10 minutes before Pizza picked , I'll try not to do it again. Yes JO was a reach but team 7 pick 7 just pointed to #7 -okay a real reach.

able
10-21-2006, 11:41 PM
good pick DD

though I had hopes :)

I waited long enough, so if and when I am up and back form Diwali stuff I will pick assuming the ppl before picked by then :D

DisplacedKnick
10-21-2006, 11:48 PM
I'm banking on Tim Duncan having a rebound from last season's dip. I think he will.

I think he will too - the only problem with some of these guys is figuring how likely it is that they'll have clinched their playoff spot and might be rested at the end of the season - during our playoffs.

Out of the 4-5 players I had right at the top I thought the Clips most likely to still be fighting for something, along with the Cavs.

The other problem with Duncan is that both Ginobilli & Parker are continuing to lift their games. Might hurt his numbers a touch but I expect a big season from him anyway.

JayRedd
10-22-2006, 02:17 AM
I would think you'd hafta be pretty happy with Shawn Marion at #9.....How does that happen? WOW....Nice, nice, nice work.

Raskolnikov
10-22-2006, 08:28 AM
As far as I can see, no real surprises 'till now. Maybe picking Jermaine that early is a bit of a gamble....we'll see I guess.

I'm curious who will still be available at pick 19.

Since that's my pick, you know.

Hicks
10-22-2006, 09:00 AM
I think he will too - the only problem with some of these guys is figuring how likely it is that they'll have clinched their playoff spot and might be rested at the end of the season - during our playoffs.

Can we control how long our season goes? Regardless of the answer to that question, I think it's a flaw that needs to be addressed in Fantasy NBA Basketball. This thing revolves around getting a couple big names and finding productive guys to fill in the gaps (generalizing big time), and to have it set where at the end of every year the guys with the top players on the top teams are punished like this is something that should be corrected. Perhaps be having the fantasy playoffs start earlier.

Raskolnikov
10-22-2006, 09:35 AM
Can we control how long our season goes? Regardless of the answer to that question, I think it's a flaw that needs to be addressed in Fantasy NBA Basketball. This thing revolves around getting a couple big names and finding productive guys to fill in the gaps (generalizing big time), and to have it set where at the end of every year the guys with the top players on the top teams are punished like this is something that should be corrected. Perhaps be having the fantasy playoffs start earlier.
Right, didn't think of that (amongst many other things without a doubt).

That means it's actually best to pick players from a team that will still be trying to clinch a playoff spot nearing the end of the season.

DisplacedKnick
10-22-2006, 09:55 AM

I don't particularly consider it a flaw - just a factor.

Owners have known for years that drafting Shaq was an almost automatic ticket to the playoffs but that he'd sit most, if not all of the last 3-5 games of the season.

Just one more thing to consider when making picks. I'm not opposed to changing dates or anything - I just don't see why this should be more of a factor than anything else.

pizza guy
10-22-2006, 10:12 AM
So, looking at it like that, a pick from a bubble team, say the Lakers, would be smart because they'll be trying to clinch, and they star, Kobe Bryant, would be playing his best when the fantasy team is in the playoffs.

hmmm...who picked Kobe?

;)

JayRedd
10-22-2006, 11:12 AM
The NBA season ends on Wednesday, April 18.

Our head-to-head Championship week will end on Monday, April 16.

So there is a two-day "buffer" built in and it will only effect those two guys that make the ABA Finals.

I suppose one solution would be to go from a 20-game regular season to a 19-game season. Over half of us are making the playoffs anyway (16 of 24).

One other thing I was thinking is that the "game week" seems odd in that it goes Sunday-Monday. To me, Saturday-Sunday would make a lot more sense for a number of reasons, such as, people have more time to look at things generally on the weekends and that Sunday night would seem to be a better night to watch your players to see if they can do enough to put you over the top for the week. Monday gets strained by work and MNF. I don't even know if that's an customizable feature, but Sat-Sun just makes a lil more sense to me.

Nothing major at all though. Just my $.02 while I wait to pick.

Hicks
10-22-2006, 11:12 AM

Owners have known for years that drafting Shaq was an almost automatic ticket to the playoffs but that he'd sit most, if not all of the last 3-5 games of the season.

Just one more thing to consider when making picks. I'm not opposed to changing dates or anything - I just don't see why this should be more of a factor than anything else.

I think penalizing a team with great players on top teams is wrong. You should have your best available when you need them the most.

able
10-22-2006, 11:18 AM
I think penalizing a team with great players on top teams is wrong. You should have your best available when you need them the most.

Whilst I agree to an extent, it only goes for people drafting in the top 10

this system makes drafting harder, but more interesting for those drafting between 11 & 19 who are screwed in each round otherwise and would not need to play to begin with as there are only so many superstars in this field

Hicks
10-22-2006, 11:46 AM
I think the problem is we have leagues that are too big and should probably be split in two.

Mourning
10-22-2006, 12:16 PM
Come on, people! We have been going for 25 hours and only 10 people have picked. I would really like to make my first peck before I go to bed tonight.

Can someone contact Peck?

Edit: I just send DD a PM, I hope he soon reads it and can get into contact with Peck, so Peck can pick himself or tell DD which player he wants.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Jose Slaughter
10-22-2006, 01:04 PM
Come on, people! We have been going for 25 hours and only 10 people have picked. I would really like to make my first peck before I go to bed tonight.

Can someone contact Peck?

Edit: I just send DD a PM, I hope he soon reads it and can get into contact with Peck, so Peck can pick himself or tell DD which player he wants.

Regards,

Sorry

Peck had send me a list but I was ..... napping

MagicRat
10-22-2006, 01:10 PM
I would think you'd hafta be pretty happy with Shawn Marion at #9.....How does that happen? WOW....Nice, nice, nice work.

Yeah, I was thinking I would've taken Marion 2nd or 3rd. I think I must feel kind of like Larry and Donnie felt when Granger fell right into their laps........:woohoo:

Mourning
10-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Sorry

Peck had send me a list but I was ..... napping

Never mind! Maybe I was a little too uptight ;).

Regards,

bulldog
10-22-2006, 02:57 PM
No, you weren't being too uptight, this is a little annoying. Here's an idea...

We should schedule times for each round, maybe one per day, and try to get everyone here at once to expedite things. If you can't make it, you can submit a list. I know it's a pain in the butt to submit a list of 22 players if you're picking last in that round, but we can switch up the times during the day so that everyone only misses a few rounds.

Think that could work?

Mourning
10-22-2006, 03:08 PM
How about going back from 24 to say 6 or 8 hours?

Los Angeles
10-22-2006, 03:35 PM
At this rate, this process is going to take weeks. What steps can we take to improve it?

Jose Slaughter
10-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I wish some of these had been mentioned before we started the draft.

I looked back at some of the threads from the past couple weeks with the 24 hour draft clock being mentioned.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25225

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25229

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25185

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24708

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25193

I've ask for suggestions, ask for members of the league to vote & express their views. Explained that the draft would tend to be drawn out but that the 24 hour draft clock would be the best option. I even suggested someone that has played on NBA.com in the past, step forward so our league would have a commish with a little more experience.

I also mentioned that I really didn't want to listen to whining.

I took great effort in making sure everyone had the opportunity to share their view & know well ahead of time exactly what was going to happen.

To say I'm not happy with the results is a major understatement.

Would I prefer people get on here when they know their pick is coming up & either make their choice or PM me a list? ..... yes

Believe me this is far more maddening for me than it is for any of you guys.

I'm going to send out an e-mail, post the same info on here as well as on the league site, explaining what our plan is for the next 8 days.

Thanks

Mourning
10-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Well, I'm not trying to whine and I have no previous experience with the NBA.com system. Maybe, the thing we overlooked, me included, is that in a draft room you can list your players and then that way you won't have to type in your preferred player either.

I think last year ws.hoops it started pretty fast then became a little slower and then speeded up very fast again as choices were becoming less important because those players were less well-known and/or of less quality and it's easier to take a chance on a pick when it's one of your later picks. So, people would list more players, atleast I would, at that point. Hence why it accelerated.

That won't happen here because you have to be on-line to pick. What we should have done, looking back, maybe is to draft on the NBA.com engine, instead of here. Discussion here is fine, drafting in hindsight might have been better off there. I also chose to draft here, so I'm just as much to blame, when we voted on that.

Anyway, I am not attacking or trying to know it all better then you or anyone else. Just trying to get things rolling a little again. I have no problem helping you with something if I could help you there.

Ok, shutting up now, and waiting for that e-mail.

Regards,

Jose Slaughter
10-22-2006, 04:42 PM
Well, I'm not trying to whine and I have no previous experience with the NBA.com system. Maybe, the thing we overlooked, me included, is that in a draft room you can list your players and then that way you won't have to type in your preferred player either.

I think last year ws.hoops it started pretty fast then became a little slower and then speeded up very fast again as choices were becoming less important because those players were less well-known and/or of less quality and it's easier to take a chance on a pick when it's one of your later picks. So, people would list more players, atleast I would, at that point. Hence why it accelerated.

That won't happen here because you have to be on-line to pick. What we should have done, looking back, maybe is to draft on the NBA.com engine, instead of here. Discussion here is fine, drafting in hindsight might have been better off there. I also chose to draft here, so I'm just as much to blame, when we voted on that.

Anyway, I am not attacking or trying to know it all better then you or anyone else. Just trying to get things rolling a little again. I have no problem helping you with something if I could help you there.

Ok, shutting up now, and waiting for that e-mail.

Regards,

First, thanks for allowing me to let off a little steam.

The drawback to the NBA site is that the maximum draft clock was 999 seconds. That works out to 16 minutes & 39 seconds. That would mean that all 24 members of the league would have to be on line at the same time for more than 6 or 7 hours.

That is completely impossible.

We've tried it that way for 5 or 6 years. Last year we went with the 24 hour clock but we did have the added feature of an online contingency list. The only thing we did different this year is that we're attempting to replace the contingency list with a list sent to me via PM.

Why should there be such a big difference? I have no answer.

able
10-22-2006, 11:21 PM
diff between this year and last is that everyone was ready to pick last year, this year not, it will pick up, chill out, get a drink, a smoke, a woman, a man, whatever fancies your tickle and chill.

we have more then enough time, Jose is doing a great job, and we'll all get there

Mourning
10-23-2006, 02:54 AM
Damn! I was hoping Dwight Howard would fall a little more, about 7 picks to be more precise ;):D:D:D.

Regards,

Raskolnikov
10-23-2006, 03:43 AM
Damn! I was hoping Dwight Howard would fall a little more, about 7 picks to be more precise ;):D:D:D.

Regards,

I definitely would've picked him too if he were still available at 19....

Raskolnikov
10-23-2006, 06:18 AM
Work?

He didn't do anything, that lazy *******.....:-p

But I agree, steal of the draft thus far. Although Marion's numbers could go down a bit with the return of Amare....

Mourning
10-23-2006, 06:19 AM
I definitely would've picked him too if he were still available at 19....

No, you wouldn't have! You hear me!!!??? :mad:

;):D:D

Regards,

Raskolnikov
10-23-2006, 06:29 AM
In case anyone hasn't noticed yet (I only just did): Jose has all our picks nicely tallied up in his first post of the picks thread.

Neat! :)

bulldog
10-23-2006, 07:14 AM
I don't get the excitement about Marion.

Marion's really good in roto leagues, where a number of different categories matter (and he's good in a lot of them), but we're just adding the numbers up. He was picked right about where he's supposed to be, I think. Maybe even a little high.

DisplacedKnick
10-23-2006, 08:06 AM
I don't get the excitement about Marion.

Marion's really good in roto leagues, where a number of different categories matter (and he's good in a lot of them), but we're just adding the numbers up. He was picked right about where he's supposed to be, I think. Maybe even a little high.

The issue with Marian isn't him, it's Amare. IMO if Amare's anything close to 100% he goes back to being a nice top-20 fantasy player. If Amare's out he's in the top 5-10 range again.

Don't forget KT was out much of last season too. If he's healthy you have to look at his impact as well, particularly in rebounding.

Slick Pinkham
10-23-2006, 09:13 AM

I agree. I won a title with Shaq last year, but I also realized from the very beginning that I needed some good FCs on my roster to cover up for his injuries and for the last week of the season when he might sit.

Why FCs and not Cs? Well, when Shaq played 40 minutes a backup C would have been useless in the gametime system.

Not with nba.com and having designated starters, the sit-out-the-last-week factor could be magnified, since depth doesn't automatically get taken into account here.

JayRedd
10-23-2006, 10:21 AM
when Shaq played 40 minutes a backup C would have been useless in the gametime system.

Shaq played 40 minutes in a game? Hard to believe. ;)

As for Marion....I agree that his value is magnified in roto leagues more so than in a head-to-head setting, but he still gives you that same "very good base" in almost every category on a weekly basis by the same logic. And even when Amare was on the court, Marion still averaged 19.3 ppg, 11.3 rpg, 2 spg, 1.5 bpg and 1.4 threes/game on 47.6% from the field on 16 attempts per game.

So it's almost as though he's the equivalent of a lower-scoring Dirk with more boards and defensive stats or a Tim Duncan that hits threes and doesn't miss four free throws every game.

Kurt Thomas being on the court may effect those numbers a little, but if he's pushed out to the perimeter more and loses a few rebounds, he'll most likely make that up by shooting more threes. Because if we know anything by now, its''s that regardless of personnel that offense isn't slowing down. Not until D'Antoni quits or Nash's back explodes anyway.

Plus, it's always nice to know you have a guy that's missed 7 total games over the past 5 seasons.

I would have a hard time picking Marion too, because I really don't like the guy that much and wouldn't want to root for him, but it's hard to argue he's a Top 5 fantasy guy. (Even if he can't create his own shot to save his life in the real NBA.)

Diamond Dave
10-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Well I took the Stoudemire risk.

Who thinks I'll get burned?

Mourning
10-23-2006, 12:03 PM

I think it's a pick that could go both ways. But, IF in the very unlikely event that he would have been around at 21 I would have snatched him in a second without thought.

Regards,

JayRedd
10-23-2006, 12:05 PM

I wouldn't want to have done it, but at 13 it's probably a good gamble.

Microfracture is pretty scary though. I'm guessing he misses 15 games.

DisplacedKnick
10-23-2006, 12:09 PM
I wouldn't have taken him that high - might have at 20 though, depending on what's left. Then you're close enough to your next pick to have some strategies to hedge if the old MF rears its ugly head.

I have a pretty hard rule not to take a player with injury issues in the 1st rd, and no more than 1 in the 1st 4.

Raskolnikov
10-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Still no toad?

Man, I was really hoping to make my pick tonight.

MagicRat
10-23-2006, 02:23 PM

Mike D'Antoni was on Sirius the other day and said Amare didn't have the explosion back yet. Said some days he looks good and you think he's getting there and then the next he just doesn't have it......

Diamond Dave
10-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Mike D'Antoni was on Sirius the other day and said Amare didn't have the explosion back yet. Said some days he looks good and you think he's getting there and then the next he just doesn't have it......

Well, hell.

I wanted Areanas, thank you Able :rant:

So it came down in my mind to Amare, Pierce, or Yao. Well Yao is injured already, and I always feel you should take a big man over a guard. I can find a guard who can put up mid-teens points any day of the week.

MagicRat
10-23-2006, 02:59 PM
If it makes you feel any better, he did say Amare was setting more and better picks and backscreens than ever before......

JayRedd
10-23-2006, 03:31 PM
Well, hell.

I wanted Areanas, thank you Able :rant:

So it came down in my mind to Amare, Pierce, or Yao. Well Yao is injured already, and I always feel you should take a big man over a guard. I can find a guard who can put up mid-teens points any day of the week.

Yeah....Yao over Pierce is a no-brainer. Pierce is actually pretty overrated. I think he finished like 24th overall by Yahoo's rankings last year, which is pretty much the same system we'll be using. And that was in the best year of his career so far.

Los Angeles
10-23-2006, 03:41 PM
If it makes you feel any better, he did say Amare was setting more and better picks and backscreens than ever before......

How many fantasy points do I get for a backscreen?

;)

bulldog
10-23-2006, 03:52 PM
I think he finished like 24th overall by Yahoo's rankings last year, which is pretty much the same system we'll be using. And that was in the best year of his career so far.

It's not the same system at all, right? Yahoo does categories, we're totalling everything up. That makes a huge difference. Pierce is heavy on points and gets moderate rebounds and assists but gets a lot of turnovers at a poor FG%, so he's a little worse when you're in a roto league. But for us, he's pretty darn good.

I hate to tip my hand here, but I just wanna make sure we're all on the same page in regards to the scoring. Am I wrong on this?

bulldog
10-23-2006, 03:56 PM
I would have a hard time picking Marion too, because I really don't like the guy that much and wouldn't want to root for him, but it's hard to argue he's a Top 5 fantasy guy. (Even if he can't create his own shot to save his life in the real NBA.)

So I got the stats from Yahoo from last year and plugged in our scoring system, and he came in like 8th or 9th. So I'll argue it. Now, that's per game, so factor in his durability and he looks a little better (although the guys ahead of him were all pretty durable as well). However, I worry about two things: A) Amare and Kurt eating into his numbers and B) his stats drop when Steve Nash goes down (which is pretty inevitable with his bad back, right?). He's a stud in roto leagues, still very good in our league, but I don't know about Top 5.

JayRedd
10-23-2006, 03:56 PM
It's not the same system at all, right? Yahoo does categories, we're totalling everything up. That makes a huge difference. Pierce is heavy on points and gets moderate rebounds and assists but gets a lot of turnovers at a poor FG%, so he's a little worse when you're in a roto league. But for us, he's pretty darn good.

I hate to tip my hand here, but I just wanna make sure we're all on the same page in regards to the scoring. Am I wrong on this?

shhhh

Los Angeles
10-23-2006, 03:57 PM
shhhh

No kidding. :D

DisplacedKnick
10-23-2006, 04:09 PM

AFAIK we're not using efficiencies so FG & FT % won't matter. There are some negatives subtracted though, including TO's.

JayRedd
10-23-2006, 04:15 PM
So I got the stats from Yahoo from last year and plugged in our scoring system, and he came in like 8th or 9th. So I'll argue it. Now, that's per game, so factor in his durability and he looks a little better (although the guys ahead of him were all pretty durable as well). However, I worry about two things: A) Amare and Kurt eating into his numbers and B) his stats drop when Steve Nash goes down (which is pretty inevitable with his bad back, right?). He's a stud in roto leagues, still very good in our league, but I don't know about Top 5.

Your post made me re-look at our scoring system.

We're really not counting 3-pointers? Weird. Flagrant fouls? I thought I'd seen this before. Guess not.

MagicRat
10-23-2006, 04:49 PM

I don't have the stats for flagrants and techs, but excluding those I have him at 4th in total points based on ABA scoring, behind LeBron, Kobe and Elton Brand......

DisplacedKnick
10-23-2006, 05:07 PM
I don't have the stats for flagrants and techs, but excluding those I have him at 4th in total points based on ABA scoring, behind LeBron, Kobe and Elton Brand......

6th last year from the stats I pulled off sports.ws - add Iverson & KG to the 3 you have.

JayRedd
10-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Maybe we all oughta just stop talking for a while...You know, take the next couple plays off.

indytoad
10-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Sorry it took me so long guys. Crazy weekend. I also somehow missed Joe's e-mail that said the draft was going to be here, so I kept scouring the NBA.com site. I won't have a problem keeping up from this point, although I have had absolutely no time to do any player research, so go easy on me and let me pick some good players, okay...?

IndyToad
A fire inside

MagicRat
10-23-2006, 05:55 PM
6th last year from the stats I pulled off sports.ws - add Iverson & KG to the 3 you have.

Is that based on this year's scoring, though?

<table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="95%"><tbody><tr bgcolor=""><td class="instruction_left" width="50%">Assists/Game </td> <td class="instruction_left"> Pts: 2 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor=""> <td class="instruction_left" width="50%"> Blocked Shots/Game </td> <td class="instruction_left"> Pts: 2.5 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor=""> <td class="instruction_left" width="50%"> Defensive Rebounds/Game </td> <td class="instruction_left"> Pts: 1.5 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor=""> <td class="instruction_left" width="50%"> Flagrant Fouls </td> <td class="instruction_left"> Pts: -1.5 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor=""> <td class="instruction_left" width="50%"> Offensive Rebounds/Game </td> <td class="instruction_left"> Pts: 2 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor=""> <td class="instruction_left" width="50%"> Points Scored </td> <td class="instruction_left"> Pts: 1 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor=""> <td class="instruction_left" width="50%"> Steals/Game </td> <td class="instruction_left"> Pts: 2 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor=""> <td class="instruction_left" width="50%"> Technical Fouls </td> <td class="instruction_left"> Pts: -1.5 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor=""> <td class="instruction_left" width="50%"> Turnovers/Game </td> <td class="instruction_left"> Pts: -1</td></tr></tbody></table>

JayRedd
10-23-2006, 05:57 PM

Shame on you for trying to divert my subterfuge......Luckilly, everything worked out and Pierce fell to me anyway. Otherwise, I may have had to kill you.

This message will self-destruct.

00JayRedd

DisplacedKnick
10-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Is that based on this year's scoring, though? He's making some good hay on those extra points for rebounds, blocks and steals.

<table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="95%"><tbody><tr bgcolor=""><td class="instruction_left" width="50%">Assists/Game </td> <td class="instruction_left"> Pts: 2 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor=""> <td class="instruction_left" width="50%"> Blocked Shots/Game </td> <td class="instruction_left"> Pts: 2.5 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor=""> <td class="instruction_left" width="50%"> Defensive Rebounds/Game </td> <td class="instruction_left"> Pts: 1.5 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor=""> <td class="instruction_left" width="50%"> Flagrant Fouls </td> <td class="instruction_left"> Pts: -1.5 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor=""> <td class="instruction_left" width="50%"> Offensive Rebounds/Game </td> <td class="instruction_left"> Pts: 2 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor=""> <td class="instruction_left" width="50%"> Points Scored </td> <td class="instruction_left"> Pts: 1 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor=""> <td class="instruction_left" width="50%"> Steals/Game </td> <td class="instruction_left"> Pts: 2 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor=""> <td class="instruction_left" width="50%"> Technical Fouls </td> <td class="instruction_left"> Pts: -1.5 </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor=""> <td class="instruction_left" width="50%"> Turnovers/Game </td> <td class="instruction_left"> Pts: -1</td></tr></tbody></table>

Is that our scoring? I was going with - 1.5 TO's and -1 Techs.

I may have to do some recalculating.

Kinda dizzy at the moment - 4 picks in half an hour? Unfortunately, where our next guy is it's very, very dark right now.

DrBadd01
10-23-2006, 06:53 PM
very happy to have CP3. I wanted Arenas or Iverson though.

Jose Slaughter
10-23-2006, 07:29 PM
This should be the scoring for our league

Scoring Configuration
Assists/Game Pts: 2
Blocked Shots/Game Pts: 2.5
Defensive Rebounds/Game Pts: 1.5
Offensive Rebounds/Game Pts: 2
Personal Fouls Pts: -0.5
Points Scored Pts: 1
Steals/Game Pts: 2
Technical Fouls Pts: -1
Turnovers/Game Pts: -1.5

MagicRat
10-23-2006, 08:11 PM
This should be the scoring for our league

Scoring Configuration
Assists/Game Pts: 2
Blocked Shots/Game Pts: 2.5
Defensive Rebounds/Game Pts: 1.5
Offensive Rebounds/Game Pts: 2
Personal Fouls Pts: -0.5
Points Scored Pts: 1
Steals/Game Pts: 2
Technical Fouls Pts: -1
Turnovers/Game Pts: -1.5

Hey, you can't go changing the scoring! I declare this draft null and void!

Looks like we'll have to start over.........;)

Mourning
10-24-2006, 02:35 AM
Wow! Raskolnikov, that seems like a rather risky selection. IF Kirilenko stays healthy you have a great player, his injury history suggests he could miss atleast a couple of games though, but who knows.

Regards,

Raskolnikov
10-24-2006, 02:52 AM
Wow! Raskolnikov, that seems like a rather risky selection. IF Kirilenko stays healthy you have a great player, his injury history suggests he could miss atleast a couple of games though, but who knows.

Regards,

Yeah, I know....living (fantasy) life on the edge!

If he misses only 10 games or so, I still have a decent player for the 19th pick.

If he misses more than 20, I'm screwed.

If he misses none (or close to none), I easily have a top 10 player.

Of course, I'm hoping for the last to happen....

Raskolnikov
10-24-2006, 04:57 AM
Mourning, you forgot to change "19th" in the picks thread. :) ;)

You must be quite happy with Kidd at 21. It was only after I picked Kiri that I realized Jason Kidd was still available. I'm not sure if I would've chosen him, but I surely would've doubted a lot more.....

Mourning
10-24-2006, 05:06 AM
I am still not sure on Kidd. He will lose minutes and will be slower this season and he does have a slight injury risk.

In the end the other three players I was considering all had something that could also discount their value slightly.

Regards,

bulldog
10-24-2006, 07:41 AM
I can't believe I got TMac at 20. I know he'll miss more than a few games, but I can cross my fingers and hope he'll be around for the playoffs at least. Heck, with a little luck, I got a Top 10 pick.

MagicRat
10-24-2006, 08:08 AM
I don't get the excitement about McGrady.......:-p

JayRedd
10-24-2006, 10:07 AM
I am still not sure on Kidd. He will lose minutes and will be slower this season and he does have a slight injury risk.

In the end the other three players I was considering all had something that could also discount their value slightly.

Regards,

I almost took Kidd...The rebounding is amazing. And with the guartenteed 8 APG and no FG% category, you got yourself a steal that late.

Try not to think about the knee.

DrBadd01
10-24-2006, 10:44 AM
I can't believe I got TMac at 20. I know he'll miss more than a few games, but I can cross my fingers and hope he'll be around for the playoffs at least. Heck, with a little luck, I got a Top 10 pick.

Almost took McGrady myself,but the last two times I have taken a Houston Rocket with my frst round pick my team ended up at the bottom of the league.

Los Angeles
10-24-2006, 11:38 AM
I'm waiting for lifeisgood to go active this morning, but once he does our 4 picks will go fairly quickly. Since86, Mourning and Bulldog should prepare to draft soon.

Jose Slaughter
10-24-2006, 11:47 AM
He was on ealier today, I was hoping he would have picked then.

bulldog
10-24-2006, 12:06 PM
I don't get the excitement about McGrady.......:-p

Ha Ha, saw that one coming. :laugh: Marion was a good pick.

Frank Slade
10-24-2006, 12:24 PM
Almost done with the first round..

What's taking L.A. so long ? ;)

:duck:

Los Angeles
10-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Almost done with the first round..

What's taking L.A. so long ? ;)

:duck:

Hey - I had a client call. :tongue:

---------------------------------------

Well, I'm taking a long gamble on two point guards that I expect to play near complete seasons.

I just have to hope that there's enough talent to fill my other positions when the time comes.

On paper, lifeisgood took me to school. We'll see how things actually pan out.

Mourning
10-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Screw you Since86!!! I wanted Joe, dammit!!! :mad:

:soapbox:

;)

Seriously was my next target. Ah well...

Regards,

Since86
10-24-2006, 03:59 PM
If I would have gotten Billups, you would have gotten JJ.

:tongue:

LosAngeles
10-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Of course, lifeisgood just told me that bibby,s thumb is injured and he's going to be out the first two weeks of the season. :sad:

MagicRat
10-24-2006, 04:21 PM
If I would have gotten Billups, you would have gotten JJ.

:tongue:

Go easy on him. Apparently you stole the only guy on his list......

Mourning
10-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Go easy on him. Apparently you stole the only guy on his list......

Yeah, and number two is out three months I just learned :arrgh:

JayRedd
10-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Jose --

As far as position eligibility goes, is NBA.com the official word? Because it seems like they are sending me a mixed message on some players.

I'm assuming Paul Pierce is G/F since that's how he's listed in their player profile...but then again, when you sort the NBA.com stats by position, Pierce doesn't appear in the list of Guards.

I've noticed that there are a lot of players (TMac, JO, Joe Johnson) that are listed as being a dual "Forward-Guard" of "Forward-Center" but do not get listed that way under the "Sortable Stats by Position" page. If they classify them as only one thing there, will they also do that when it comes to setting rosters?

This could become a problem for people who favor players because of their position versatility only to find out later that they have none when we have the official rosters up on our actual team pages. Also a problem in not being sure how many forwards/guards you are actually picking.

Please advise.

Frank Slade
10-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Of course, lifeisgood just told me that bibby,s thumb is injured and he's going to be out the first two weeks of the season. :sad:

Ugh, I was wondering if you knew that, but you had already made your pick.
If it's just really two weeks maybe it won't be so bad..

MagicRat
10-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Yeah, and number two is out three months I just learned :arrgh:

You stole Okur from me!.......:grumble:

LosAngeles
10-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Well, since86, my small mistake was to your benefit. JJ would have taken bibby's place if I had known.

I'm going for a point guard plus sleeper strategy, so I didn't have high hopes for the beginning of the season anyway.

Can't wait for Saturday. That will be a fun day for me.

Mourning
10-24-2006, 05:39 PM
You stole Okur from me!.......:grumble:

:wtf:

:lol: I only saw this post AFTER I finally decided on picking Okur after changing my draft strategy after some guy :grumble: knicked MY player just one place in front of me and my other option is injured far into the season! Damn!

Hence MR shall from now on be known as ... MTR MagicTelepathicRat :bow:

:D:D:D

Regards,

Since86
10-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Wow Rasko, you've certainly got high hopes.

Jose Slaughter
10-24-2006, 08:12 PM
Jose --

As far as position eligibility goes, is NBA.com the official word? Because it seems like they are sending me a mixed message on some players.

I'm assuming Paul Pierce is G/F since that's how he's listed in their player profile...but then again, when you sort the NBA.com stats by position, Pierce doesn't appear in the list of Guards.

I've noticed that there are a lot of players (TMac, JO, Joe Johnson) that are listed as being a dual "Forward-Guard" of "Forward-Center" but do not get listed that way under the "Sortable Stats by Position" page. If they classify them as only one thing there, will they also do that when it comes to setting rosters?

This could become a problem for people who favor players because of their position versatility only to find out later that they have none when we have the official rosters up on our actual team pages. Also a problem in not being sure how many forwards/guards you are actually picking.

Please advise.

Jay

Displaced Knick mentioned that he went thru before our keeper league draft & corrected the position errors that the site had made.

Then, he had to go back & do them again after the draft.

I went thru some of them & saw what you mentioned. I'll go back after our draft is complete & correct the on-site mistakes. For an example. Jermaine O'Neal will be listed as a F, FC & C. T-Mac & Pierce should be G, GF & F.

You will also have an option of putting a player up for a vote to make him multi-positional.

I'll do my best to get the positions corrected on Saturday night but I'm sure they'll be done before Sunday night.

LosAngeles
10-24-2006, 08:17 PM

So did I.

He was one of my sleepers.

Jose Slaughter
10-24-2006, 08:31 PM
I'll be gone for about 2 hours.

Also

If you have a pick with in the next 10 selections please try to put together a list & PM it to me. I'd like to get thru the 2 round by Wednesday afternoon.

Thanks for your help.

DisplacedKnick
10-24-2006, 09:32 PM

Maybe he has an in w/ the Phoenix medical staff.

MagicRat
10-24-2006, 11:12 PM
<embed src="http://www.sounddogs.com/previews/32/mp3/272046_SOUNDDOGS_Cr.mp3" autostart="false" loop="false" width="280" height="45"></embed>

JayRedd
10-24-2006, 11:48 PM
Hey guys....Really sorry about the delay. I was supposed to be back home like two hours ago. We had a good pace going too...Damn. I am now "that guy".

Also apologize for taking a Piston.

JayRedd
10-24-2006, 11:55 PM
Jay

Displaced Knick mentioned that he went thru before our keeper league draft & corrected the position errors that the site had made.

Then, he had to go back & do them again after the draft.

I went thru some of them & saw what you mentioned. I'll go back after our draft is complete & correct the on-site mistakes. For an example. Jermaine O'Neal will be listed as a F, FC & C. T-Mac & Pierce should be G, GF & F.

You will also have an option of putting a player up for a vote to make him multi-positional.

I'll do my best to get the positions corrected on Saturday night but I'm sure they'll be done before Sunday night.

Cool...No sweat. Just figured it beared mentioning before we got too far along.

Also...You did hear about Pau right? I imagine you must have and are just gonna eat a few months...but again, figured it bears mentioning.

Jose Slaughter
10-25-2006, 12:06 AM
Yep, I've got Gasol in the keeper league plus picked him up in another league early this morning.

I'm not worried about the first 6 weeks. The last 6 weeks are the ones where ya win the trophy.

Jose Slaughter
10-25-2006, 12:10 AM
Heres the last picks of round 2

35. Kerosene
36. Diamond Dave
37. Able
38. Peck
39. Number Seven
40. Magic Rat
41. Boston Connection
42. Indy Dave
43. Hicks
44. Displaced Knick
45. Slade
46. Burnzone
47. Pizza Guy
48. Frank Slade

If I could get you guys to PM me a list we can get some of these out of the way either later tonight or early in the morning.

The more we do before Saturday the better!

Jose Slaughter
10-25-2006, 01:32 AM
Well its 1:30 & I'm off to bed.

I've got PM's from the 3 guys that follow Kerosene.

The rest of you guys can PM me if you have a list available.

Thanks

Mourning
10-25-2006, 02:10 AM
My first choice was Joe Jonhson my second choice was Pau Gasol. He offers great numbers at his position. I didn't realize he was injured though. I always Google one last time before I ink his name to see if a player has some problems I had missed in my earlier "analysis" of other drafts, predictions, statistics and results.

A three month injury is pretty serious though and I don't think it's just those 6weeks off the start of the season, but also some time after that where a player has to get settled and game-ready. Also the risk of coming back to early or reaggrivating the injury is a real risk. If nothing like that happens you have a GREAT player there.

I thought the risk was a little too risky though, so I went with another Center who will play more then enough minutes, doesn't have any real injury history, gets a decent amount of rebounds, doesn't have another player eating lots of minutes from his time on the court and has the potential to get better.

And, yeah, Rasky you seem to be taking quite a risk :).

Regards,

Raskolnikov
10-25-2006, 02:30 AM
About my choice of BD.....first I was gonna pick Ben Wallace, but then I thought: Meh, it's not like I have anything to lose as a rook. So while I'm at it with Kiri, why not take Baron as well....

If he only plays 10 games more than last season, he already is a top 20 fantasy player.

Of course if he plays less....

EDIT - Plus I didn't really feel like supporting Ben Wallace.

Raskolnikov
10-25-2006, 02:32 AM
Maybe he has an in w/ the Phoenix medical staff.
:confused:

What do they know about the status of Kiri and Baron?

Raskolnikov
10-25-2006, 03:21 AM
Wow, Jose, you actually getting any sleep at all?

Thanks for all the work you do and effort you put in in order to make this happen....

DisplacedKnick
10-25-2006, 06:30 AM
:confused:

What do they know about the status of Kiri and Baron?

Meh - wasn't paying attention - thought you took Diaw and was figuring on Amare missing the season.

Baron's a good pick there IMO.

JayRedd
10-25-2006, 09:21 AM
About my choice of BD.....first I was gonna pick Ben Wallace, but then I thought: Meh, it's not like I have anything to lose as a rook.

Thanks for the change of heart....I hate taking Wallace as much as anyone, but I guess I'm a little conservative with this fantasy stuff, so I'd rather have the guarenteed 12-14 rebounds, 2 blks and 7+ pts per game Big Ben will put up than try to guess what those type of stats Jamison, RJ or JRich are gonna decide they want to put up this year.

At least he's a Bull now. That's a little better I guess.

DrBadd01
10-25-2006, 01:28 PM
looking to swap 3rd & 4th round picks with sombody. If anyone is interested offer before pick 50

Los Angeles
10-25-2006, 01:46 PM
looking to swap 3rd & 4th round picks with sombody. If anyone is interested offer before pick 50

Yes, I'm interested.

Bonus is that I can offer you a significant upgrade in the 4th.

DrBadd01
10-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Good deal LA. :)

Los Angeles
10-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Good deal LA. :)

Done.

MagicRat
10-25-2006, 03:57 PM
It moisturizes my situation. It preserves my sexy. And I'm off to doing what I need to do.

Somebody's been watching too much NBAtv.

I wonder if Shade's PC has exploded.........:hmm:

Mourning
10-25-2006, 04:08 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It would be typical for Shade with his luck!

I wonder how long it would take him to go somewhere else and post his "ROT IN HELL, Toshiba and Newegg, part 2!!!"-topic ;).

Regards,

Frank Slade
10-25-2006, 05:12 PM
I can only hope Marcus Haislip is still there when I pick... :pray:

Mourning
10-25-2006, 05:51 PM
I can only hope Marcus Haislip is still there when I pick... :pray:

I heard that Jimmie Hunter chap is still on the list too, you might want to take a good hard look at him just before I pick :nod:.

Regards,

Jose Slaughter
10-25-2006, 06:06 PM
As you might have noticed Dr. Badd & Los Angeles have made a trade.

Dr. Badd trades picks 50 & 95 to Los Angeles for picks 68 & 77.

DisplacedKnick
10-25-2006, 06:21 PM
You're all welcome - I have indeed decided to accept the Chris Webber curse.

DrBadd01
10-25-2006, 06:31 PM
I thought the curse was over by now. Didn't PacerTom have Webber last year?

Mourning
10-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Well Webber played, I think, the 3rd most games of his career last year. But, he's getting pretty old, so the risk of injuries should only increase, logically speaking.

It's a risk that could pay off, you'll probably need to :pray: though :). IF he remains mostly healthy he's a really nice addition, especially if he adds to Elton Brand in the frontcourt, very nice.

Regards,

DisplacedKnick
10-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Well Webber played, I think, the 3rd most games of his career last year. But, he's getting pretty old, so the risk of injuries should only increase, logically speaking.

It's a risk that could pay off, you'll probably need to :pray: though :). IF he remains mostly healthy he's a really nice addition.

Regards,

The risk was pretty calculated - the next highest player (with one exception) was 4 FPPG lower. If he stays reasonably healthy he shouldn't drop more than that. We'll see how it pans out.

BostonConnection
10-25-2006, 08:49 PM
You're all welcome - I have indeed decided to accept the Chris Webber curse.

Isn't that also known as the Honorary "arkman" pick? ;) :D

MagicRat
10-25-2006, 11:50 PM
http://froit.nl/images/waldo/Where's%20Waldo.jpg

Los Angeles
10-25-2006, 11:59 PM
Wow - I actually think that Shade will be the first to lose his turn and pick two players at his next round.

Hope he's all right.

EDIT - Wouldn't you know it - the exact same moment I post this, Shade makes his pick.

SycamoreKen
10-26-2006, 12:10 AM
Hey guys.

Jose, if you need any help covering picks over the next couple of days I would be happy to help. Unemployment has left me with time to burn. If you, or anyone, wants to send me their lists I will try to help keep this going.

I know Rim wants the Rose twins and Jerome James, right?

bulldog
10-26-2006, 12:17 AM
Rashard Lewis and Gerald Wallace are great picks.

kerosene
10-26-2006, 01:26 AM
I'm up after Frank Slade but I'm running out to the grocery for a few (less crowded this time of night ;)). I sent Jose a list of picks for this round if I'm at bat and not around to select. I'll check back in a bit.

Jose Slaughter
10-26-2006, 03:36 AM
Hey guys.

Jose, if you need any help covering picks over the next couple of days I would be happy to help. Unemployment has left me with time to burn. If you, or anyone, wants to send me their lists I will try to help keep this going.

Thanks Ken, I sent you a PM as well.

Could you gather the list from those that have an upcoming selection, then post them in the other thread when their turn comes around?

I'll try to keep up with the updates as best I can.

Thanks for your help.

Also, sorry to hear about the unemployment thing. Are you changing fields or are you going to try to stay in education?

Mourning
10-26-2006, 06:27 AM
Same here, Jose. IF you need anytime then I'm more then willing to help. Considering time zones that might not be a bad thing.

Regards,

DisplacedKnick
10-26-2006, 06:44 AM

Well, we've had leftover donuts at team meetings and been wondering what to do with 'em - JJ could sure help that out. And giving the team lessons in addressing themselves in the 3rd person is always helpful ...

JayRedd
10-26-2006, 10:25 AM
And giving the team lessons in addressing themselves in the 3rd person is always helpful ...

JayRedd also values the education of our youth. Learning really is fundamental. JayRedd respects your committment to the future of our nation.

Sincerely,
JayRedd

Shade
10-26-2006, 11:58 AM

It didn't explode (yet), but it is completely down now. The recovery disc they sent me was damaged or misburnt, and didn't work. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Mourning
10-26-2006, 02:23 PM
It didn't explode (yet), but it is completely down now. The recovery disc they sent me was damaged or misburnt, and didn't work. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Ugh! That sucks, goodluck man!

Regards,

MagicRat
10-26-2006, 04:10 PM
I wonder if Shade's contingency list exploded..............

Mourning
10-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Starting to wonder the samething, MR :rolleyes:.

Shade
10-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Sorry, but I haven't really had time to construct a contingency list. Taking 15 credit hours, while learning 5 new software programs and taking an online course with unreliable internet access, as well as working two part-time jobs kind of makes it a little difficult to find the time to peruse a list of ~164984613 players.

BostonConnection
10-26-2006, 06:54 PM
Big Z is a pretty daring pick, I don't think Zendon Hamilton has ever gone that high! ;)

MagicRat
10-27-2006, 12:40 AM

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="boxTitleBG"> <td class="boxTitleSmL"> Amare Stoudemire, Forward-Center, Pho: Amare Feels Sharp Pain In Knees </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#dddddd"> <td class="columnTxtL"> Thursday , Oct 26, 2006 - 08:37pm - Arizona Republic (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/1026amare.html) </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="columnTxtL"> Update: The Suns' star center revealed after Thursday's practice that he still felt "sharp" pain over the past two day and says he will need recovery days between games.
Analysis: Pain is nature's way to tell you to slow down, and Amare is inclined to listen. That's positive for the longevity of his career, but it kills his upside for this season. He'll come off the bench, miss some games, and is a risk to be shut down at any point this season. You want no part of this headache.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Mourning
10-27-2006, 03:03 AM
Hoping for Jameer Nelson to continue his curve up and really break-out this season.

Regards,

Raskolnikov
10-27-2006, 04:00 AM
Crap, it appears that Andrew Bogut is injured.

And it also appears I've been using the wrong draft list till now...anyone willing to trade teams with me?

Frank perhaps? :eyebrow:

Hicks
10-27-2006, 09:05 AM
I was determined to have a strong C position for once, and I think Duncan and Murphy will deliver that.

Frank Slade
10-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Crap, it appears that Andrew Bogut is injured.

And it also appears I've been using the wrong draft list till now...anyone willing to trade teams with me?

Frank perhaps? :eyebrow:

by trade you mean for Bogut ?

Raskolnikov
10-27-2006, 09:52 AM
by trade you mean for Bogut ?
No, I mean our entire teams, including LeBron...

I repeat: :eyebrow:

Frank Slade
10-27-2006, 10:01 AM
No, I mean our entire teams, including LeBron...

I repeat: :eyebrow:

:-p I'm always wheeling to wheel and deal for the right offer. I'll pass on that on though, I'm happy with my team so far.. that could change.

Raskolnikov
10-27-2006, 10:44 AM
I was determined to have a strong C position for once, and I think Duncan and Murphy will deliver that.
Murphy's a F-C?

I could've sworn you were gonna pick the one in your avatar. Now if only he would fall to pick 91...

Raskolnikov
10-27-2006, 10:45 AM
:-p I'm always wheeling to wheel and deal for the right offer. I'll pass on that on though, I'm happy with my team so far.. that could change.
Just hypothetically speaking, who would you give for Bogut?

Hicks
10-27-2006, 11:12 AM
Murphy's a F-C?

I could've sworn you were gonna pick the one in your avatar. Now if only he would fall to pick 91...

If he isn't already, he will be voted to be; Nellie's going with a starting 4/5 of Dunleavy/Murphy.

SycamoreKen
10-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Hey guys. I'm heading out to run some errands and will be on here touch and go, mostly go, all day. We are having a yard sale tomorrow and I have to get things set up. Glad to see you got the commish. position filled and things are staying on track.

I'll check in when I can. Sorry I have not actually helped yet. I will probably not be available for the dreaft tomorrow.

Shade
10-27-2006, 09:40 PM
I won't be available at all tomorrow. Does this mean I have to construct a contingency list to cover the last 9 rounds?

Hicks
10-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Do your best, and after that I'll make the picks for you.

Raskolnikov
10-28-2006, 11:27 AM
30 minutes till the 10 minutes draft clock starts, right?

(I'm not entirely sure about the time difference)

Mourning
10-28-2006, 11:32 AM
I think that's correct Raskolnikov.

Regards,

Hicks
10-28-2006, 11:34 AM
That is correct.

Jose Slaughter
10-28-2006, 11:44 AM
30 minutes till the 10 minutes draft clock starts, right?

(I'm not entirely sure about the time difference)

So what time is it over in Belgium?

Raskolnikov
10-28-2006, 11:52 AM
So what time is it over in Belgium?
6 hours later...tomorrow it will only be five.

Winter time, baby! :dance:

Hicks
10-28-2006, 11:53 AM
6 minutes until the clock goes to 10 min.

Mourning
10-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Winter time, baby! :dance:

Yeah :sad:

Raskolnikov
10-28-2006, 11:59 AM
Yeah :sad:
C'mon on, that means one extra hour of sleep...:eyebrow:

Hicks
10-28-2006, 12:00 PM
pizza guy is on the clock.

Mourning
10-28-2006, 12:01 PM
C'mon on, that means one extra hour of sleep...:eyebrow:

Yeah, I just hate winter. I hate the DARKNESS!!! :uhoh: :shudder:

Regards,

bulldog
10-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Let's do this thing.

Mourning
10-28-2006, 12:02 PM
And we are go! :woohoo:

Hicks
10-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Jose is now on the clock.

Hicks
10-28-2006, 12:09 PM
Since 86 is on the clock

MagicRat
10-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Hicks has been assessed a penalty for taking a player already chosen. Loss of pick.....

34. Indy Toad --------------- Antawn Jamison

bulldog
10-28-2006, 12:10 PM
STOP!!!

Antawn was already picked.

Raskolnikov
10-28-2006, 12:11 PM
I think Antawn Jamison has been chosen yet.

NumberSeven
Jamison has already been chosen.

Los Angeles
ANTAWN JAMISON HAS ALREADY BEEN SELECTED.

fyi, hicks.

Hicks
Crap. I'll fix that; sorry guys

Jose Slaughter
10-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Jamison was taken at 34

Hicks
10-28-2006, 12:13 PM
There we go. I took Dunleavy.

Mourning
10-28-2006, 12:13 PM
I could just join in now and say "Antawn Jamison has already been picked", but I won't :eyebrow: .... waite a minute!? :huh:

Regards,

Hicks
10-28-2006, 12:23 PM
I didn't get a list from Since86, but his time is up.

Mourning
10-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Hia,

Is Since86 still on the clock? I need to know since I am up next.

Hicks
10-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Mourning, you're up.

Hicks
10-28-2006, 12:27 PM
burnzone is on the clock

Hicks
10-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Jose, who are you drafting for today?

I know SuperReggie is supposed to be here for her dad (BostonConnection), and I'll get it if she's MIA.

I think Abel wanted you to pick for him, are you doing that? Are you helping anyone else?

I'm covering Peck, Diamond Dave, Shade, Pizza Guy, and if necessary JayRedd and Frank Slade

Frank Slade
10-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks Hicks, I'll be here at least long enought to make my upcoming pick.
But then may be away for the later rounds...

Hicks
10-28-2006, 12:33 PM
It's so quiet...

Hicks
10-28-2006, 12:35 PM
NumberSeven is on the clock.

Mourning
10-28-2006, 12:35 PM
I dunno what to say ... I'm still a little stunned Wilcox got hijacked one pick before my own ... and by the same guy!!! :soapbox:

;)

Regards,

Raskolnikov
10-28-2006, 12:38 PM
It's so quiet...
Every player that was on my list has been picked....:(

Suggestion: if you see that an owner is not online, wouldn't it be ok to just make his pick right away, instead of waiting 10 minutes? Chances that he will get online within 10 are extremely small anyhow...

Hicks
10-28-2006, 12:41 PM
Frank Slade is on the clock

Hicks
10-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Every player that was on my list has been picked....:(

Suggestion: if you see that an owner is not online, wouldn't it be ok to just make his pick right away, instead of waiting 10 minutes? Chances that he will get online within 10 are extremely small anyhow...

I thought about that, but just in case they're running late, I want to give them that chance. Of course, anyone who sent me a list I'll pick immediately.

Frank Slade
10-28-2006, 12:45 PM
Ahhhh I wanted Mike James:mad: Oh well I'm taking a chance on Brandon Roy.

Hicks
10-28-2006, 12:45 PM
Magic Rat is on the clock

Hicks
10-28-2006, 12:49 PM
indytoad is on the clock

Hicks
10-28-2006, 12:59 PM
bulldog, you are on the clock.

DisplacedKnick
10-28-2006, 01:02 PM
My list is being obliterated - sucks when you have to draft for position this early.

Hicks
10-28-2006, 01:03 PM
As Jose has pointed out, at this rate it'll take 20 hours to finish. Therefore if I don't see the person next to pick online, I'm picking for them immediately, not after 10 minutes.

DisplacedKnick
10-28-2006, 01:06 PM
As Jose has pointed out, at this rate it'll take 20 hours to finish. Therefore if I don't see the person next to pick online, I'm picking for them immediately, not after 10 minutes.

That could create difficulties when 2 AM tomorrow repeats itself - I'd be profoundly confused. :-o

You may want to throw an announcement thread in - so people can let you know when they arrive & when they leave. Could get lost in this one pretty easy.

Hicks
10-28-2006, 01:09 PM
DK is on the clock

Hicks
10-28-2006, 01:11 PM
That could create difficulties when 2 AM tomorrow repeats itself - I'd be profoundly confused. :-o

You may want to throw an announcement thread in - so people can let you know when they arrive & when they leave. Could get lost in this one pretty easy.

Good idea; I've added a sticky thread to sign in/out.

bulldog
10-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Mike Miller's not a sexy pick, but he's always very productive.

Mourning
Maybe the solution would be to lock the first drafting topic at 02:00 AM Indytime and then waite for 30 or 60 minutes (sort of a mini-break) and then opening a second drafting thread after it? Everyone should be able to notice it and you let people know in how many minutes the draft will resume. Something like that.

Regards,

Hicks
BostonConnection and SuperReggie are not online, so I will pick for him.

Hicks
10-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Los Angeles is on the clock

DisplacedKnick
10-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Good idea; I've added a sticky thread to sign in/out.

Yeah - you'll have enough to keep track of without having to scroll back 3 pages or go to the front to figure out if someone's here.

Mourning
10-28-2006, 01:15 PM
In the "I Hope He Learns to Pass" category, I'll take Larry Hughes

I would want him to be in the "I hope he stays healthy" category ;).

Regards,

DisplacedKnick
10-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Mike Miller's not a sexy pick, but he's always very productive.

With Gasol out he's gonna need to score for them in a big way. Maggette, Miller and Deng were who I really wanted. I can live w/ Hughes though.

DisplacedKnick
I would want him to be in the "I hope he stays healthy" category ;).

Regards,

That's kind of a given.

Hicks
kerosene is on the clock

Hicks
10-28-2006, 01:18 PM
With Gasol out he's gonna need to score for them in a big way. Maggette, Miller and Deng were who I really wanted. I can live w/ Hughes though.

Yeah, Deng was who I hoped would drop to me.

Hicks
10-28-2006, 01:19 PM
DK is back up!

JayRedd
10-28-2006, 01:20 PM

I think you'll be happy with Larry. He should be the 2nd scoring option to what's his name. Was gonna be my guy if you didn't take him.

Hicks
10-28-2006, 01:21 PM
LA is now back up!

DisplacedKnick
10-28-2006, 01:21 PM
I think you'll be happy with Larry. He should be the 2nd scoring option to what's his name. Was gonna be my guy if you didn't take him.

Who took whatsisname? I'd trade ...

JayRedd
10-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Who took whatsisname? I'd trade ...

I think he's still on the board...Hope he falls to me.

(We're talking about Damon Jones right? :))

Hicks
10-28-2006, 01:24 PM
JayRedd, it's you!

Hicks
10-28-2006, 01:26 PM
MagicRat, you're up!

Hicks
10-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Life is Good is on the clock!

Hicks
10-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Number Seven is on the clock!

Hicks
10-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Mourning is up now!

Mourning
10-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Been there, done that :-p.

Hicks
10-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Mo Williams = the G for the :bucks: , right? Maurice Williams?

Hicks
10-28-2006, 01:57 PM
Since86 appears to be online now, so he has 10 minutes!

Hicks
10-28-2006, 02:03 PM

Anyone?

Mourning
10-28-2006, 02:03 PM

Yeah, sorry, that's the one.

JayRedd
10-28-2006, 02:07 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hicks
10-28-2006, 02:11 PM
bulldog is on the clock! Since86, pick as soon as possible!

Hicks
10-28-2006, 02:13 PM
burnzone is up!

bulldog
10-28-2006, 02:14 PM
Blocks are worth a lot in this league, Darko may not be a bad pick.

Mourning
10-28-2006, 02:14 PM
OK, I may regreat this one, but I'm jumping on the Darko rejuvenation bandwagon. Gotta do it.

Darko Milicic

I was already eyeing him with my 107th pick. He's a high-risk pick, but with a lot of good potential.

Regards,

DisplacedKnick
10-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Well, 10 picks/hour beats 10 picks/day.

burnzone
10-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Dr. Badd is now on the clock at #113

Hicks
10-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Yeah, but it's still too slow for my tastes. I'm thinking by round 8 I'll switch to 5 minutes.

Jose Slaughter
10-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Hicks

Burnzone wants to change one of his picks.

Can we get an OK on that?

DisplacedKnick
10-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Bynum's an interesting pick - I hadn't decided what to do with him but he's been putting up some big preseason numbers.

Hicks
10-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Jose is up!

Hicks
10-28-2006, 02:33 PM
wait for your turn, kerosene! :mad:

;) That was diamonddave00, you're after Diamond Dave's next pick.

Hicks
10-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Yes, folks, I allowed burnzone to swap out a pick, but only because I had chosen it for him while he was offline, and the guy he'd rather have was still available. I'm not opening that up to everyone. But, if someone I picked for comes online and wants to swap for someone still available, I'll allow it.