PDA

View Full Version : Mobley - Rockets

PaceBalls
04-28-2004, 10:54 PM
Man, he is a great player, and they have such a great team. That team should be headed to the finals. It is so frustratin watching that team down the stretch though, soooooo many mental errors. Mobley and Francis make the most errors too. It is painful watchin JVG on the sideline ripping his hair out and growing ulcers. He has done everything he can with that club to make them a winner. Those guys just always brainfart at the worst times. They should be up 3-1 on the lakers.

If Francise and Mobley ever get their heads on straight that team will be the favorite to win it all.

MSA2CF
04-28-2004, 11:02 PM
I like the Rockets, and actually chose them to reach the Finals. :(

TheSauceMaster
04-28-2004, 11:04 PM
Francis is not a true PG , He's way too streaky as a shooter , same goes for Mobley , very streaky shooter ...watch when the Rockets get behind and then Francis and Mobley become sudden ball hogs.

Kstat
04-28-2004, 11:05 PM
The Rockets really play great defense, which makes up for their lack of cohisiveness offensively. They'd really made LA look like crap this series.

sweabs
04-28-2004, 11:07 PM
It's too bad that they aren't up 3-1 in this series because they have really played their hearts out for the entire game except in crunch time when it matters. The mental errors have caused them dearly - and I agree, when they start getting down, look out for Francis and Mobley to jack up 3's and ill-advised shots... :(

Unclebuck
04-28-2004, 11:08 PM
The Rockets and the Spurs are probably the two toughest matchups in the whole league for the Lakers. Now the Rockets are not nearly as good as the Spurs, and that is why the Lakers will beat the Rockets but not the spurs.

TheSauceMaster
04-28-2004, 11:08 PM
The Rockets and the Spurs are probably the two toughest matchups in the whole league for the Lakers. Now the Rockets are not nearly as good as the Spurs, and that is why the Lakers will beat the Rockets but not the spurs.

Aye , I agree UB

Kstat
04-28-2004, 11:19 PM
I can't tell who I'm watching play center for Houston tonight. Is that Yao Ming or Rebecca Lobo?

PaceBalls
04-28-2004, 11:30 PM
Well, I think Mobley is not only a great scorer, but a great defender too. If he didn't brainfart all the time and play outside the offense he would be All NBA. He reminds me of Artest a couple years ago. Same goes for Francis. Just too many stupid plays..
Yao is too passive, but I think that has alot to do with his teammates. Put him on a club like the Pacers or Sacremento and run the offense through him and all that would change.

kerosene
04-29-2004, 12:12 AM
Francis and Mobley need to realize they'll never have more than a punchers chance of a knockout if they don't buy into the team concept. The mental lapses, the selfishness, the one on ones when there are capable open teammates. Van Gundy has to be cursing "Mark, Mark, why did you get so old Mark?"

PaceBalls
04-29-2004, 12:40 AM
Ya, it seems the Rockets are coming to a crossroads.. do they keep Francis and Mobley or keep Yao. Or maybe its just Francis or Yao, Mobley might be able to adapt. It seems a no brainer to me, and I bet Francis will be gone, if the Rockets are smart.

Now dont get me wrong, I think Steve Francis is a great player. Just not with Yao. They could trade him for someone who is better suited to the team. Ya, the Mark Jackson of old woulda been great. John Stockton, those kinda guys.

This team interests me the most out of all other NBA teams besides the Pacers, because I feel they have the most potential. I think they could finish on top of the West next season. I really thought they could beat the Lakers in this series too. But too many brainfarts and too much Kobe.

Anthem
04-29-2004, 03:08 AM
I'm trying to think of who would be a good point guard for Houston. Eric Snow, maybe?

I followed that thought to HoopsHype/RealGM, where I noticed one possible trade: Iverson, Snow, and Marc Jackson works for Francis, Mobley, and Mo Taylor. :devil:

Jeff van Gundy coaching Allen Iverson? Are you kidding me? Plus, you'd have Marc Jackson and Mark Jackson on the same team. :o

NewYawk
04-29-2004, 09:40 AM
I'm trying to think of who would be a good point guard for Houston. Eric Snow, maybe?

I followed that thought to HoopsHype/RealGM, where I noticed one possible trade: Iverson, Snow, and Marc Jackson works for Francis, Mobley, and Mo Taylor. :devil:

Jeff van Gundy coaching Allen Iverson? Are you kidding me? Plus, you'd have Marc Jackson and Mark Jackson on the same team. :o

Kenny Anderson is a FA at the end of this year. ;)

Seriously, KA will get consideration from Houston. The Rockets should also look to TRADE Steve Francis. He stinks. Just another highlight reel hack.

Unclebuck
04-29-2004, 09:54 AM
One thing no one has mentioned about Mobley or Francis.

Both are excellent defenders

ChicagoJ
04-29-2004, 10:01 AM
I've historically been a big fan of Cat Mobley.

But he isn't exactly the most disciplined guy in the league. I'd love to have him on the Pacers, but at what cost? If JVG can't get him to buy into a team game, I don't know who could? Ditto for Francis, but he'd be too expensive for the Pacers. Ragnar might not agree - but its not that Francis doesn't have PG skills, its that he plays without discipline.

:confused:

NewYawk
04-29-2004, 10:05 AM
One thing no one has mentioned about Mobley or Francis.

Both are excellent defenders

Mobley is better than Francis, but you are correct. Both are very good defenders.

Francis is a cancer though. The guy doesn't seem to get it.