PDA

View Full Version : The Champions League (ATTN:all three leagues)

FlavaDave
10-24-2006, 09:09 AM
I just had a potentially cool idea:

PD has three FBB leagues with 12 teams each, right? Well, I propose that at the end of this NBA year we take the top four teams from each league and form a new one for the following year. A "Champions League", if you will. We'll call this the "A" league. Then, the middle four teams of each original league will form the "B" league. Finally, the last four teams of each league forms the "C" league.

Then, in subsequent years, we can promote and demote teams like soccer does. Top 4 teams in the B league move up to A, bottom 4 to C. Top four teams in the C league get moved up to B. Bottom 4 teams in the A league move down to B.

If a team drops out, the new team that replaces them starts out in the C league, even if the team that dropped out was in the A league. More teams are promoted as needed to balance it out.

What do you think? Good idea, bad idea? I think this will help keep owners in the lower half of the standings active through the year and will add some extra meaning to the season.

I propose that if 20 team owners vote yes on this thread by the end of the year, we do it. Sound good?

LoneGranger33
10-24-2006, 10:26 AM
I wanna be king of the C league! Count me in.

Robertmto
10-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Thats a big 10-4.

travmil
10-24-2006, 11:55 AM
It sounds like a cool idea. I'll participate. What do we do if some folks want to drop out though? And one of the leagues actually ended up with 14 or 16 I think.

Frostwolf
10-24-2006, 11:29 PM
It doesn't matter about the league sizes though... the lower leagues can have more teams, it doesn't really matter at all.

BoomBaby33
10-25-2006, 01:12 PM
Sounds cool to me!

To add to that, we might still be able to do that yet this year. Towards the end of the FBB signup period, a new private league could be made, and take the 4 leaders from each league on a certain pre-specified date (maybe the all star break). Then the selected commish (someone who would be in the top 4 by the all star break) could then invite those other 11 players and have a champions league for this year, using an autopick draft.

If im in the top 4 of the autopick league, i will certainly offer that option then.