PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Pacer Personality

flakcatcher
04-28-2004, 11:34 AM
Okay, so this might seem like a silly topic to some, but we've got a looooong time before the next game, and the Pop/Artest talk is already getting kind of stale. So how's about this for a question: Who is your favorite Pacer personality-wise?

I'll go with Al Harrington. Here's why.

People have *****ed a lot about Al's grumbles about not starting, and his shoot-first attitude has rankled even more. But I see a good kid who wants to be the best. He always works hard, rarely jaws at refs, and is great with the media. Plus, the dude just exudes likeability.

Plus, he has great quotes. Like this he said today in the star about Artest:

"Don't bash Ron. Don't take nothing from him, because he does lock kids up every night. We all know that. Everybody knows that."

efx
04-28-2004, 11:46 AM
Besides Reggie I think my favorite Pacer overall is Artest.
Beyond just working incredibly hard at both sides of the floor there's a side of him that we don't get to hear through the media. But when you hear about his charity work and the way he just involves himself honestly and not just for the publicity (because there is none) that just strikes me as very cool. And he seems to have a great sense of humour.

And for someone who has not always been in favor of the refs he rarely complains. All in all I just like the guy.

Doug
04-28-2004, 11:48 AM
I no longer pick a favorite Pacer, as they always get traded or hurt when I do.

ChicagoJ
04-28-2004, 12:44 PM

Let's see... I've got a Chuck Person jersey. Kenny Williams. Chris Mullin. Jalen Rose. My wife wanted a Mark Jackson jersey. We've decided to quit picking favorites - I'm 100% scared to get a JO jersey.

:o

Snickers
04-28-2004, 01:05 PM
Please Jay.... stop buying jerseys. :(

As for my favourite Pacer personality.... Scot Pollard.

:dance:

Suaveness
04-28-2004, 01:36 PM

Let's see... I've got a Chuck Person jersey. Kenny Williams. Chris Mullin. Jalen Rose. My wife wanted a Mark Jackson jersey. We've decided to quit picking favorites - I'm 100% scared to get a JO jersey.

Buy a Reggie ;) I think that is pretty safe

Suaveness
04-28-2004, 01:51 PM

He might retire. :uhoh:

Oh, but then it would be a collector's item. Remembering the Great Reggie. You see, he'd still be part of the team. Plus, there's a good chance he'd be in the front office ;)

kybjones
04-28-2004, 02:14 PM

Could you pleeeeease go pick up a Primoz?

My favorite personality right now has to be Pollard. Not my favorite Pacer by any means, but the guy seems to be a real character. Doesn't give "typical athlete" answers in interviews, always keeps teamates and media on their toes with his pranks and such. Remember his intro on Halloween night where he did the "Boo!" on the jumbotron.... just a nice breath of fresh air as far as athlete personalities go.

ChicagoJ
04-28-2004, 03:26 PM

He might retire. :uhoh:

Because of my superstitions (who woulda guessed that?), I've got a Reggie jersey from the 1994 WCs. I've got both a white and a blue Reggie jersey from the 96 olympics, I've got an NBA at 50 Retro Reggie Jersey (1974-75 design, which looks much, much better than the retro's used this season), and I've got the holy grail of jerseys - an authentic Reggie jersey with the Flo-Jo design. My wife paid big $$$ for that ten years ago when authentic jerseys were impossible to find, so it actually stays in the closet, on a hanger, and is only worn for very, very, very, very important games (hasn't been worn in almost four years). When Reg retires, I'll figure out how to get it autographed and framed. For reasons that are obvious based on my first post, I've basically got everything but a regular old Reggile replica jersey. :D

kybjones
04-28-2004, 06:29 PM
Because of my superstitions (who woulda guessed that?), I've got a Reggie jersey from the 1994 WCs. I've got both a white and a blue Reggie jersey from the 96 olympics, I've got an NBA at 50 Retro Reggie Jersey (1974-75 design, which looks much, much better than the retro's used this season), and I've got the holy grail of jerseys - an authentic Reggie jersey with the Flo-Jo design. My wife paid big $$$ for that ten years ago when authentic jerseys were impossible to find, so it actually stays in the closet, on a hanger, and is only worn for very, very, very, very important games (hasn't been worn in almost four years). When Reg retires, I'll figure out how to get it autographed and framed. For reasons that are obvious based on my first post, I've basically got everything but a regular old Reggile replica jersey. :D

Hey Jay Triple Deuce,

Have you ever come acrossed a white authentic '91-'97 style Reggie jersey? I bought a navy authentic years ago and have still never seen a white authentic for sale in retail or on EBay to this day.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

ChicagoJ
04-28-2004, 06:43 PM

Hey Jay Triple Deuce,

Have you ever come acrossed a white authentic '91-'97 style Reggie jersey? I bought a navy authentic years ago and have still never seen a white authentic for sale in retail or on EBay to this day.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

The only place I've seen one is when the Pacers occasionally sell game-worn authentics, which is usually via charity auction for the Pacers Foundation. Years ago they would also make a few jerseys available in the Home Court gift shop - usually after the player was traded or cut and they had no remaining need for his jersey. I had a chance to buy a white, authentic Haywoode Workman jersey but that just didn't 'do it' for me (at least not at the asking price.)

BTW, I love that pic in your signature. Except when I noticed Pooh Richardson's pic, then I got ill.