PDA

View Full Version : The official "Who gives a fock what Gregg Popovich thinks" thread

NewYawk
04-28-2004, 11:29 AM
Bruce Bowen is not a better defender than Ron Artest. This is a non-issue. Only a total and complete biased homer (aka Popovich) would even suggest Bowen is better. Hell, SPURS FANS would rather have Artest than Bowen; and if they wouldn't, then they'd be ignorant fans.

Again, who cares what Popovich thinks, says, or feels? When we meet SA in the Finals, and Artest and the Pacer school SA like a bunch of half-wit, inbred toddlers, I'd like to know then how Popovich feels about Artest and his DPY award.

Zesty
04-28-2004, 11:44 AM
I'm on board with this. Fock Pop.

Slick Pinkham
04-28-2004, 12:39 PM
I'm on board.

But I also can't understand why anybody gives a fock about Speewell taunting the crowd after they had given him crap all night.

Snickers
04-28-2004, 12:46 PM
I never really gave a fock [.... fock?] to begin with. :unimpressed:

Now, if it had been somebody like Larry Brown, then.... well, I wouldn't give a fouck then either. I guess I just don't care what other people say about our team or players. If I did, I'd have been seething all season.

NewYawk
04-28-2004, 02:09 PM
I'm on board.

But I also can't understand why anybody gives a fock about Speewell taunting the crowd after they had given him crap all night.

Tom, the last part of your statement is unnecessary.

Slick Pinkham
04-28-2004, 02:36 PM
Why? Spreewell is a scumbag. Getting worked up over him acting up is like getting upset over the sun rising. It happens all of the time. No news.

And Popovich is just posturing for his guy, like you'd expect him to.

Other irrelevant topics of discussion include "disrespect" shown by TV analysts, angst over a Detroit matchup weeks from now, ex-coaches, all star centers traded to other teams, and trade proposals involving Al Harrington.

indygeezer
04-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Why? Spreewell is a scumbag. Getting worked up over him acting up is like getting upset over the sun rising. It happens all of the time. No news.

Other irrelevant topics of discussion include "disrespect" shown by TV analysts, angst over a Detroit matchup weeks from now, ex-coaches, all star centers traded to other teams, and trade proposals involving Al Harrington.

The only sure fire way to puta stop to all this inane talk is to schedule some flocking games so we aren't so (*&%$#%76 bored!

Pop's just steamed that we stole Mike Brown from him in the 1st place and has been looking for a way to fire a broadside at us.

NewYawk
04-28-2004, 03:44 PM

Fine. I agree, but post it in the Sprewell thread. Not here.

Agreed.

BTW: I only respond to these tired subjects when provoked. :D

TheSauceMaster
04-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Personally I could careless what pop thinks he just playing games , I am not saying Bowen is as good as Ron but he's damn very compareable to Ron.

Hicks
04-28-2004, 04:49 PM
As Greg said on Sportsdesk this afternoon: "What an ***."

FireTheCoach
04-28-2004, 06:18 PM
What is more pathetic.... Rick lobbying for Ron to win DPOY or Pop crying about it.

I never really had an opinion of him before but all the sudden I think Popovich is an a$$ whole.

Tim
04-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Pop started this because he thinks his team and the Pacers are going to the finals. He saw the way the Pacers handled the Celtics and remembers how tough the Pacers played the Spurs in the regular season.

Pop is working the mental game for the finals, he fired the first shot and I like it.

TheSauceMaster
04-28-2004, 06:51 PM
Pop started this because he thinks his team and the Pacers are going to the finals. He saw the way the Pacers handled the Celtics and remembers how tough the Pacers played the Spurs in the regular season.

Pop is working the mental game for the finals, he fired the first shot and I like it.

I think this is the first time I will agree with Tim :laugh: :laugh:

NewYawk
04-29-2004, 09:45 AM
What is more pathetic.... Rick lobbying for Ron to win DPOY or Pop crying about it.

I never really had an opinion of him before but all the sudden I think Popovich is an a$$ whole.

There's nothing "pathetic" about a coach lobbying for his players. There IS something pathetic about a coach whining that his guy didn't get DPOY, especially when it's THE COACHES that vote for that award.

Southside_Pacer
04-29-2004, 10:26 AM
There IS something pathetic about a coach whining that his guy didn't get DPOY, especially when it's THE COACHES that vote for that award.

Coaches don't vote for DPOY, the media does. Coaches do vote for all defensive team though, and Ron had the most votes there.