PDA

View Full Version : Latrell Sprewell-- punk @ss choke artist

NewYawk
04-28-2004, 11:21 AM
I've never liked Latrell Sprewell. Always thought he was a greedy, over-rated punk that got waaaaaaay to much attention when he played in NY. Nobody cheered louder when Reggie schooled Spree in Game 6 of the 2000 ECF.

Last night, I decided that the label "choker" could be applied to Spree. With 20 some-odd seconds left in the game against Denver, Minnesota had a 2 point lead against the Nuggets. Sprewell was fouled, and had an opportunity to ice the game if he made both his free throws.

Again, these are FREE THROWS: uncontested looks at the basket. What did Spree do with his free throws?

He missed them BOTH!

That's right! Game on the line. This is WHY he was signed, for situations like this. Misses them both. So, Denver gets the ball, and has a chance to tie or get it into OT. Andre Miller :unimpressed: jacks up some ridiculous shot, rather than getting the ball to Voshon Lenard, who was 7-7 from 3 point land last night (and people thought Miller was a better PG than Tinsley-- whatever).

Time runs out. Minnesota wins.

So, what does Spree do after his team narrowly escapes a fine Nuggets team on the road despite his horrific play down the stretch?

HE TAUGHTS THE CROWD!!!

That's right! The moron who just missed two free throws that could have potentially cost his team the game (and maybe the series) actually thought he was big enough to taught the crowd. They threw beer, pretzels, popcorn, and curse words at him something fierce.

:rolleyes:

There are many words I could use to describe Latrell Sprewell. Choker and loser are two such words.

zxc
04-28-2004, 11:25 AM
Well right before he missed those FTs he did hit a three pointer which essentially won the game in the end anyway.

ChicagoJ
04-28-2004, 11:27 AM
Well right before he missed those FTs he did hit a three pointer which essentially won the game in the end anyway.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story. :P

Bball
04-28-2004, 11:28 AM
'Taught', like a tiger.....

I didn't get to see the game but it sounds like Spree got what he deserved if he was taunting the crowd and easily could've been fitted for the goat horns by blowing important FT's....

-Bball

NewYawk
04-28-2004, 11:30 AM

Again, his missed free throws almost cost them the game. Then, he TAUNTS (sorry, not taughts) the crowd.

efx
04-28-2004, 11:43 AM
He explained afterwards that he did this because of all the trash the Nuggets had talked. I enjoyed it. This is the playoffs, trashtalking is part of it. I'm sure noone here has cared every time Reggie taunted the crowd.
I said it last night and I said it again: Go Spree.

NewYawk
04-28-2004, 12:17 PM
He explained afterwards that he did this because of all the trash the Nuggets had talked. I enjoyed it. This is the playoffs, trashtalking is part of it. I'm sure noone here has cared every time Reggie taunted the crowd.

Reggie Miller (a future HOF, one of the best clutch players in basketball history) taunting a crowd is a bit different than Latrell Sprewell taunting a crowd.

Yes, it's the playoffs, but the point I'm making is only a me-first loser would actually taunt a crowd after he missed two potentially disasterous free throws. A winner, a TRUE winner, would have walked off the court, apologized to teammates for almost losing the game, and gone home.

Bball
04-28-2004, 12:37 PM

Reggie Miller (a future HOF, one of the best clutch players in basketball history) taunting a crowd is a bit different than Latrell Sprewell taunting a crowd.

Yes, it's the playoffs, but the point I'm making is only a me-first loser would actually taunt a crowd after he missed two potentially disasterous free throws. A winner, a TRUE winner, would have walked off the court, apologized to teammates for almost losing the game, and gone home.

Good thing Spree didn't take a bow after hitting that 3 that Jay mentioned.

-Bball

efx
04-28-2004, 12:49 PM
This might be off-topic. But after Reggie hit that 3 and started bowing, didn't they end up losing the game anyways to the Bulls? Or am I wrong?

ChicagoJ
04-28-2004, 01:02 PM

Good thing Spree didn't take a bow after hitting that 3 that Jay mentioned.

-Bball

Wasn't me, but that's a fine point. After all, when a certain #31 took a bow, there was - as you all know - time still on the clock. When Kukoc hit the next shot, which really was the game winner, I don't think Reggie did any more taunting... But let me tell you - the fine citizens of Chicago remind me of Reggie's "great display of sportsmanship" just about every time I go to the United Center. I just laugh and reply that only a Pacers' homer would try to defend some of Reggie's antics.

I actually saw an old NBA commerical of last-second shots, and Reggie's shot and bow in the United Center were included. Shouldn't it be a rule that your gamewinning shot really be a game-winning shot in order to make the commerical. :rolleyes:

ChicagoJ
04-28-2004, 01:05 PM
For what its worth, I :love: Spre almost as much as I :love: JVG: and Jermaine.

Bball
04-28-2004, 01:05 PM
This might be off-topic. But after Reggie hit that 3 and started bowing, didn't they end up losing the game anyways to the Bulls? Or am I wrong?

Yip... twas a loss in the end. There was time on the clock and Chicago made good with it. :(

-Bball

indygeezer
04-28-2004, 01:10 PM
I saw that ( I woke up just in time to see the taunting). I thought he was pointing back at the Denver players...for a while there I thought there was gonna be a fight out of it, but evidently I was still dreaming.

Suaveness
04-28-2004, 01:33 PM

Uh oh...you better hope no one else there is reading this ;)

indygeezer
04-28-2004, 01:50 PM

Jay...I am suddenly very concerned for you. You don't happen to paint your toenails do you?

Suaveness
04-28-2004, 01:52 PM

Jay...I am suddenly very concerned for you. You don't happen to paint your toenails do you?

I think he should be most concerned that his wife doesn't see this...I can see worse things happening than painting his toenails.... :o

DisplacedKnick
04-28-2004, 02:09 PM

I was just wondering if he was the guy who wrote DirectTV saying, "If DirectTV was a woman, I'd marry you."

And what's wrong with painting your toenails anyway???? :P :D :laugh:

indygeezer
04-28-2004, 02:45 PM

I was just wondering if he was the guy who wrote DirectTV saying, "If DirectTV was a woman, I'd marry you."

And what's wrong with painting your toenails anyway???? :P :D :laugh:

Painting of ones toenails is not something one would want to admit to in rural Indiana. One might find himself :banned:

ChicagoJ
04-28-2004, 03:07 PM
Holy crap, I went to the gym and lunch, and I came back and saw that all Hell had broken loose over here.

:blush:

marcd
04-28-2004, 03:33 PM
HE TAUGHTS THE CROWD!!!

I watched the game last night but didn't see Professor Spreewell teaching anything. Did I miss something? :D

MarcD

NewYawk
04-28-2004, 03:42 PM
HE TAUGHTS THE CROWD!!!

I watched the game last night but didn't see Professor Spreewell teaching anything. Did I miss something? :D

MarcD

Taunt.

TheSauceMaster
04-28-2004, 03:50 PM
oh I am sure the crowd wasn't taunting him ethier :rolleyes:

NewYawk
04-28-2004, 03:59 PM
oh I am sure the crowd wasn't taunting him ethier :rolleyes:

Crowds can taunt all they want. However, when you choke on the free throw line and miss two very important FTs, you kind of look like a punk when you leave the stadium taunting and acting like a bad @ss.

Again, Sprewell has character issues. And he's a loser. And a punk. And a dork. And he's ugly. And he let a taunting crowd affect his play in a negative way, which means he's weak-minded and unfocused.

TheSauceMaster
04-28-2004, 04:06 PM
wouldn't be the first time a player has missed 2 critical free throws and I am sure it won't be the last :rolleyes:

NewYawk
04-28-2004, 05:09 PM
wouldn't be the first time a player has missed 2 critical free throws and I am sure it won't be the last :rolleyes:

Again, that's not the point.

And in regards to Sprewell specidically, I'm positive it won't be the last time he misses two vital FTs in crunch time in a playoff game.

Kstat
04-28-2004, 07:03 PM
Oh right, like this is the FIRST time a player has TAUNTED the crowd after a back-breaking three-pointer...... :rolleyes:

TheSauceMaster
04-28-2004, 07:08 PM
Oh right, like this is the FIRST time a player has TAUNTED the crowd after a back-breaking three-pointer...... :rolleyes:

No need to argue with him cause he will just say : " Again, that's not the point."

Kstat
04-28-2004, 07:10 PM

No need to argue with him cause he will just say : " Again, that's not the point."

No, he'll say: "Wah wah wah STFU cuz Detroit sukkks....they won't meet NJ in the NBA finals anyway...."

followed by this:

TheSauceMaster
04-28-2004, 07:17 PM
maybe I am too stupid to figure out his point , looks like some others are confused also :rolleyes:

Fans , taunt , spree taunts back ..seems fair to me
Nuggets talk mad trash between games , wolves win a close game ...spree taunts back , again seems fair to me :D

Kstat
04-28-2004, 07:17 PM
maybe I am too stupid to figure out his point , looks like some others are confused also :rolleyes:

Nuggets talk mad trash between games , wolves win a close game ...spree taunts back , again seems fair to me :D

Don't you get it......THATS NOT THE POINT! :mad:

Kstat
04-28-2004, 07:22 PM

Don't you get it......THATS NOT THE POINT! :mad:

Neither is Chauncey Billups.

I'm rolling today. :D

Billups's assists per game this playoffs: 7.5

Tinsley's assists per game this payoffs: 5.8

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

TheSauceMaster
04-28-2004, 07:25 PM
were talking about Spree here not tinsley or billups :unimpressed:

Kstat
04-28-2004, 07:25 PM
Oh, I never said you did, just that people here are still stuck in the "Billups isn't a true point stereotype," which really isn't true anymore.

Southside_Pacer
04-28-2004, 07:26 PM
Tinsley's assist to turnover ratio in the playoffs: 4/1

Billups' assist to turnover ratio in the playoffs: 3.33/1

;) :laugh: :dance:

Kstat
04-28-2004, 08:59 PM
:idea:

According to P.J. Carlisimo...... Laatrell Sprewell is thee_ best CHOKE ARTIST in the NBA.

{ Rim Shot ~~~~ Crash Cymbal!!! ]

...and you were on SUCH a roll today too..... :shakehead:

TheSauceMaster
04-28-2004, 09:00 PM
:idea:

According to P.J. Carlisimo...... Laatrell Sprewell is thee_ best CHOKE ARTIST in the NBA.

{ Rim Shot ~~~~ Crash Cymbal!!! ]

I woulda choked P.J. Carlisimo , he's a idiot

Anthem
04-28-2004, 09:03 PM
And in regards to Sprewell specidically, I'm positive it won't be the last time he misses two vital FTs in crunch time in a playoff game.

Jalen's done it on multiple occasions. Is that the point?

Just want to make sure our standards are consistent.

Hoop
04-28-2004, 11:14 PM

The only difference is you'd be in jail for attempted murder and Spree is still making millions. :D

ChicagoJ
04-28-2004, 11:36 PM

I've never agreed with you more. Ever. :D

TheSauceMaster
04-28-2004, 11:41 PM

okay I am trying to figure out which one you agree with cause there is 2 quotes there :laugh: :laugh:

ChicagoJ
04-28-2004, 11:47 PM

okay I am trying to figure out which one you agree with cause there is 2 quotes there :laugh: :laugh:

Fixed. Its late, didn't proofread. :blush:

TheSauceMaster
04-28-2004, 11:58 PM
Yeah I don't think you'll find to many players praising P.J. Carlisimo for his brillance , I just wonder sometimes who was drunk when they hired him :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TheSauceMaster
04-29-2004, 12:09 AM
Yeah I don't think you'll find to many players praising P.J. Carlisimo for his brillance , I just wonder sometimes who was drunk when they hired him :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, I didn't hire him, but I............................:alcohol:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

NewYawk
04-29-2004, 09:43 AM

Jalen's done it on multiple occasions. Is that the point?

Just want to make sure our standards are consistent.

WTF does Jalen Rose have anything to do with this thread? Have I even mentioned his name? And have I ever called him "clutch?"

Return to thy cave, troll.