PDA

View Full Version : How Good Is the Central Division (preseaon look)

OneHappyFan
10-20-2006, 01:58 PM
I think the Central division one of the best in the NBA,, Chicago is stacked from top to bottom, Detroit is still a great team, Milwaukee going to be a lot better than last year, Cleveland, has arguably the best player in the world, and the Pacers can make a good run if all goes right. Last year our division sent all four teams to the playoffs last year and team got better from last. So how good is the Central Divisoin?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Kstat
10-20-2006, 02:04 PM
They were the best division in the NBA last year too. It isn't a huge shock.

purdue101
10-20-2006, 02:14 PM
i'm not sold that milwaukee is going to be better. they lost both their starting center and pg, plus they didn't get a draft pick this year. i look at them as being a couple years away from being a playoff team. they're going to go through some growing pains with a starting frontcourt consisting of two second year players.

chicago is a hard nosed team with great perimeter players who can score. behind them they have a great interior defense and rebounding. coach skiles always has this team prepared to battle for 48 mins. they're still young and they still don't have an offensive presence in the post, but they'll be a force to reckon with in the east.

cleveland is going to go as far as lebron can carry them. outside of lebron, they haven't improved at all from last season. ilguaskas, marshall, jones, and snow are all starting to show their age and hit the decline. hughes, IMO, is overpaid for what he brings to that team and from what i've heard, he still isn't healthy. vareajo and lebron are the only real bright spots on that team.

detroit is still going to be the team to beat in the central. losing big ben hurt, but nazr has looked solid in the preseason thus far. their unprovens like deflino, maxil, and amir have looked good too. murray should improve their biggest weakness from last season, which was consisten scoring from the guard position off the bench.

on paper, the pacers are probably the deepest team in division. it's all going to depend on health, attitude, and chemistry though. if we can keep our guys on the floor and develop a sense of team play, we can contend in the east.

my predictions.

1.) Detroit
2.) Chicago
3.) Indy
4.) Cleveland
5.) Milwaukee

Destined4Greatness
10-20-2006, 02:15 PM
No way Indy does better than Cleveland. Its a league of stars. Well come in fourth as probably the sixth seed for the 3rd year in a row.

OneHappyFan
10-20-2006, 02:21 PM
I think they will finish
1Pistons 50-55 wins
2Pacers same
3Bulls same
4Cavs 45-50
5Bucks 40-45

that is solid top to bottom

AesopRockOn
10-20-2006, 04:51 PM
The Central is the best with the Southwest coming in at a very close second. They'd be better if it weren't for Gasol's foot. I'm not completely sold on the Bulls yet but they probably will finish in front of us so another 4th and 6th like D4G said. I thought the SW would be the best last year but the Rockets dissappointed. The rest of the East is just crap however. Five in the playoffs once again. I suppose none of the Pistons will get injured this year either.

The Hustler
10-20-2006, 04:56 PM
i dont think there is even any doubt its the best div in the league ... i recon all of them are 500 pluss this yeear even if the bucks just scrape it ... and theres a chance 4 teams will be around 50 wins ... not sure how many times thats happened in the NBA b4

Robertmto
10-20-2006, 05:04 PM
1. Chicago
2. Cleveland
3. Detroit
4. Indiana
5. Milwaukee

CableKC
10-20-2006, 05:16 PM
With the way things have been going and what we have seen....I really wouldn't be surprised ( cuz I'm a pessimist ) if we end up in the last place in the Central. I will even go as far as to say that we are we could become a playoff bubble team struggling to make the playoffs.

Kstat
10-20-2006, 09:45 PM
I suppose none of the Pistons will get injured this year either.

Thankfully, we won't need that to happen. I like our depth this year a hundred time better than last year, at every position except point guard.

As long as Chauncey stays in one piece, we'll be fine.

Will Galen
10-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Chicago will need a post player. All their offense comes from the outside. (Give us their backcourt, or give them our frontcourt and theres the favorite.)They will need a deadline trade to contend. They will win 50-52 games.

Detroit will be much as last year. 50-55 wins.

Cleveland will catch up to Detroit. 50-55 wins.

Milwaukee will win 42-48 games.

The Pacers? It won't surprise me where They finish. They can contend or be a lottery team. They can contend if the starters are healthy and play 70+ games. 54 wins.

JayRedd
10-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Looks like Bogut and Simmons are both going to miss a significant amount of time to open the season. That's going to lead to even more line-up questions as Villanueva, Blake, Patterson and Gadzuric work their way into the rotation. Should be difficult for the coach.

I also just saw Lynn Greer listed on their roster on Yahoo. I wonder if he'll make the final cut. Always liked his game at Temple.