PDA

View Full Version : You Must Choose: Cut One (1) Player

jjbjjbjjb
10-19-2006, 11:14 PM
(This is/will be a poll.)

I know it's silly to have some people (cough, JO) on this list, but I didn't want to make an arbitrary decision of where to draw the line... :)

Anthem
10-19-2006, 11:41 PM
I picked Baston.

Roaming Gnome
10-19-2006, 11:47 PM
I wish the poll was a little more reallistic in a sense that TPTB are not going to even think about cutting anyone with a long term contract. So, really it is between Orien Greene and Rawle. I know that we are light at point, but Rawle seems just too good to just cut and let go, especially after tonight.

Just
10-19-2006, 11:47 PM
That's rough. I'd probably REALLY cut Baston, but I haven't seen him play, and so I don't know what he brings. If he's good, I'd keep him. I just picked Saras because I think DA/Greene/Quis could handle the backup PG spot just as well as him, and I don't think Saras will be in the rotation anyway.

croz24
10-19-2006, 11:54 PM
jo needs to go

Destined4Greatness
10-19-2006, 11:55 PM
jo needs to go

I agree, but if they cut a guy who is owed 80 Million dollars this team is ****ed.

jjbjjbjjb
10-20-2006, 12:49 AM
I knew someone would pick JO. :sigh:

Ozpacer
10-20-2006, 01:01 AM
Baston. The young guys offer too much potential. I cannot see the Pacers being contenders this year and therefore should be building for future seasons.

pantsfish
10-20-2006, 01:25 AM
Snap. Baston might only be good for a few pretty dunks and blocks a game, but I still believe stuff like that can fire a team up (thunderbird[numbers] be damned) :)

ajbry
10-20-2006, 01:29 AM
I laugh in the general direction of LoneGranger33, pacers31tc, and rcarey. Needless to say I don't find their choice to be a good one.

Trader Joe
10-20-2006, 02:16 AM
Cabbages. Cut him.

Raskolnikov
10-20-2006, 03:30 AM
Like many, I want to keep all the youngins (Rawle, Josh, Orien). And I prefer to achieve that by cutting a certain someone else instead of making a trade to clear up space (unless it's a trade involving that certain someone else; not very likely though).

I wish the poll was a little more reallistic in a sense that TPTB are not going to even think about cutting anyone with a long term contract. So, really it is between Orien Greene and Rawle. I know that we are light at point, but Rawle seems just too good to just cut and let go, especially after tonight.
You're unfortunately right that they'll never cut a player with a long contract. But it's really what I would do: cut Jackson. IMO it's the best move for the franchise in the long run (and probably in the short as well).

I laugh in the general direction of LoneGranger33, pacers31tc, and rcarey. Needless to say I don't find their choice to be a good one.
:wave:

;)

NorCal_Pacerfan
10-20-2006, 03:33 AM
I don't know enough about some of these guys and I haven't seen any of them play, so I have not a clue really, except that I want Tinsley gone. But that's a dead horse.

Rytas_Jega
10-20-2006, 04:51 AM
Sad to say, but I really smell Antisemitism :confused: never expected it from Americans :(

It is my last post on this forum.

lumber man
10-20-2006, 05:20 AM
Sarunas. Shawne Williams= runner up.

BlueNGold
10-20-2006, 06:24 AM
Saras only because he gets paid much less than Jack and has a much shorter contract. Jack would have gotten my axe if their contracts were similar.

Roaming Gnome
10-20-2006, 06:54 AM
Sad to say, but I really smell Antisemitism :confused: never expected it from Americans :(

What in the hell are you talking about? Yes, if you are accusing anyone of Antisemitism, you are beyond wrong. Your favorite player is just not playing well and is bringing himself criticism. It happens to players that are in a situation where they are not productive.

You know what... I don't have to explain this, you already know this!

So, on your way out, "Don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya."

xi Sickness xi
10-20-2006, 08:21 AM
I picked avery, but I forget Jackson was on the list. :(

Putnam
10-20-2006, 08:32 AM
Antisemitism??

Avery??

I'm confused. Or perplexed. I'm not sure which.

PacerMan
10-20-2006, 08:32 AM

Probably for the best as thats an incredibly LAME response to not liking a players GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diamonddave00
10-20-2006, 08:37 AM
I'd not be suprised to see Jeff Foster moved in a trade. Most here I know will say no way but just a feeling I have.

owl
10-20-2006, 08:45 AM

With these kinds of posts it may be for the best. Totally from left field.
You have some explaining to do.

aero
10-20-2006, 09:48 AM
ill be realistic and not select someone who ISNT on the chopping block, Im going to select Orien Greene due to the simple fact i just didnt get to see enough of this guy to see what he really has to offer.

JayRedd
10-20-2006, 10:04 AM

Sarunas isn't even Jewish is he?

grace
10-20-2006, 01:06 PM
Cabbage because Bowser wasn't on the list.

Kegboy
10-20-2006, 01:18 PM

That's kind of what I was thinking, but I don't know. Only player's religion I know is Danny's.

Kegboy
10-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Cabbage because Bowser wasn't on the list.

I don't care if he's not on the list, I vote for Bowser. Hopefully there's a trade so we won't have to cut anyone else.

ChicagoJ
10-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Damn. Only one.

Saras only because he gets paid much less than Jack and has a much shorter contract. Jack would have gotten my axe if their contracts were similar.

Touch choice, but I think I agree.

SJax might have trade value in the future (or might have a voidable contract altogether.)

Saras is going to be vastly overpaid for a third-string PG when Greene gets healthy.

grace
10-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Does anyone honestly think Cabbage is going to be cut?

Alpolloloco
10-20-2006, 01:33 PM
No, and I'm certain he won't get cut. Who will be our clutch and free throw shooter then?

Destined4Greatness
10-20-2006, 01:35 PM

No maybe traded for a second rounder, or more likely a second rounder from the 90's that never made it. But knowing Larry he will bring him to the team.

bulldog
10-20-2006, 01:36 PM
That's rough. I'd probably REALLY cut Baston, but I haven't seen him play, and so I don't know what he brings.

:-o:laugh:
It's OK, he came from Europe, he must not be any good.

On a serious note, this is really tough. A two-for-one would look real good right about now.

Maybe add Saras or Foster to convince someone to gamble on Jax.

ajbry
10-20-2006, 01:37 PM
No, and I'm certain he won't get cut. Who will be our clutch and free throw shooter then?

Clutch? When has Saras made any clutch shots as a Pacer?

Putnam
10-20-2006, 01:39 PM

Nope. The cuts will be made among the promising young stallions.

The answer is, we won't have an clutch shooting.

(Where's indytoad lately? I haven't seen him around, and I've been wanting to ask if he'll give me lessons.)

Anthem
10-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Nope. He played there for a couple years, but that's it.

Destined4Greatness
10-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Clutch? When has Saras made any clutch shots as a Pacer?

Second game against the Heat, after that, NADA. But of course it was a 5 footer, the odds that you throw up a ball at random(Saras tactics) are much better from 5 feet than 25 feet.

Alpolloloco
10-20-2006, 01:41 PM
And married a beautiful Jewish girl. Maybe he changed his religion to please her.

Anthem
10-20-2006, 01:42 PM

We're crying on the inside.

Anthem
10-20-2006, 01:43 PM
And married a beautiful Jewish girl. Maybe he changed his religion to please her.
He didn't... she took a lot of flak in Israel because of it. They all said she should marry a Jewish man, but she had none of it. Here's the link:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3223268,00.html

Putnam
10-20-2006, 01:45 PM

Well, considering what is required for that....maybe we can all understand why he's not moving as smoothly up the court as expected. (Think about it. Most Americans are, but most Europeans aren't.)

Fool
10-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Unfortunate that you got in just after Anthem. Still sufficiently funny though.

Frank Slade
10-20-2006, 01:50 PM

Sarunas is from Lithuania, and No that was part of the brew ha ha when he married her, being a high profile Jewish girl, marrying a non-Jew.

Destined4Greatness
10-20-2006, 01:51 PM
He didn't... she took a lot of flak in Israel because of it. They all said she should marry a <B>Jewish man</B>, but she had none of it. Here's the link:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3223268,00.html

0-2(Like a Runi Statline) man they must really have been upset.

Kstat
10-20-2006, 01:58 PM

Stephen Jackson is Jewish?

http://mikilo.image.pbase.com/t1/97/320097/4/55504242.vadernooooo.jpg

Fireball Kid
10-20-2006, 01:59 PM
5 votes for Jermaine O'Neal? I can't wait to see Jermaniac's reaction on this.

AesopRockOn
10-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Once again, talking about Saras has gotten really off topic.
Obviously, this is a "who would you take off the team" poll considering all the Jax votes. I think Marshall's gone just because pretty much everyone else has secured a spot.
We can't ship out the players that we don't want for something decent; we just have to live with what we've got.
No longer doth optimism stain the white walls of this hospital. (some Goth)

bulldog
10-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Here's an interesting question.

If you could cut JO, and his salary would be off our books, would you do it? Or keep him and all $80 mil or whatever.

timid
10-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Umm........no, I wouldn't cut JO and I wouldn't cut Jackson either.....I'd cut Sarunas in a heartbeat, the guy is terrible and I've seen enough to come to that conclusion.....

If not Saras, then cut Baston.......All the other young guys have shown too much potential......

Destined4Greatness
10-20-2006, 02:13 PM

If you could cut JO, and his salary would be off our books, would you do it? Or keep him and all $80 mil or whatever.

Yes

BlueNGold
10-20-2006, 10:03 PM

No, but it is possible. It comes down to $.

Saras is the LVP (Least Valuable Player) of the team and should be the one cut, if anyone is cut. However, Baston will be cut before Saras merely due to $.

Sometimes $ gets in the way. Similar to Jack who would have already cleaned out his locker if he was not on contract.

Jermaniac
10-20-2006, 10:08 PM

OH NO DONT LEAVE DUDE

Jermaniac
10-20-2006, 10:11 PM
Maceoniac, Saruniac voted for The Great One. LMFAO This herb made 2 accounts so he can add more votes by Jermaines name. Ohh man I'm crying, LMFAO ICBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB. Someone find me a oxygen tank.

Destined4Greatness
10-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Maceoniac, Saruniac voted for The Great One. LMFAO This herb made 2 accounts so he can add more votes by Jermaines name. Ohh man I'm crying, LMFAO ICBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB. Someone find me a oxygen tank.

Just borrow Tinsleys, I am sure hes got one.

JayRedd
10-20-2006, 10:22 PM

Maybe if there was anyone better that JO who will be a free agent in the next year or two. But since Wade, Lebron, Pierce, Dirk, Bosh and Melo all just got new deals, who would we spend JO's money on anyway?

Vince Carter?
Chauncey Billups?
Josh Smith?
Omeka Okafur?
One of the guys Chicago lets go?

Everyone else we might want like Dwight Howard or Devan Harris will get extensions before we can even call their agents.

So thanks, but I'll stick with JO.

Destined4Greatness
10-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Maybe if there was anyone better that JO who will be a free agent in the next year or two. But since Wade, Lebron, Pierce, Dirk, Bosh and Melo all just got new deals, who would we spend JO's money on anyway?

Vince Carter?
Chauncey Billups?
Josh Smith?
Omeka Okafur?
One of the guys Chicago lets go?

Everyone else we might want like Dwight Howard or Devan Harris will get extensions before we can even call their agents.

So thanks, but I'll stick with JO.

Yes because we would only be allowed to sign one player, its not like we could build a TEAM, yes I know its a wonderous concept for the Pacers. But some organizations have had wild success with it.

PacerPerspective
10-21-2006, 11:13 AM
This is dumb because at about 13 of those guys aren't getting cut...It's down to Powell/Marhsall/Greene...

bulldog
10-21-2006, 12:04 PM
OK, even if Saras is the worst player on the team right now, are that many people willing to put our PG situation in the hands of Tins, a guy who got cut from the Celtics, and a 38-year-old? We can't cut Saras because he will be a rotation player throughout the season. Powell, Greene, and Baston might not be. It's one of those three.

Also, let's be honest, how many people who voted for Baston, Powell, or Greene have never actually seen them play?

This is the Granger thing all over again, people are getting far too excited about a few players just because they're young and athletic. These guys may pan out, they may not, but everyone needs to take a step back and be realistic here.

Jermaniac
10-21-2006, 12:18 PM
They never got the chance to prove they can play. Saras had a whole NBA season to prove, and then he has had a whole summer to prove that he is improved. The fact that all of our posters even the ones who liked Saras last year are saying that he sucks and that a guy we picked up off the waiver wire should be our 2nd pg should tell you something.

The guy is not 21 years old and has this amazing amount of talent that we can wait on to pan out. He is 30 years old and doesnt have that much talent to begin with. He is not meant to be a NBA player, if I was him I would ask Larry Bird for a buyout and go back to Europe.

Ron who?
10-21-2006, 02:26 PM
if contracts didnt matter it would be S-Jax which is what i marked... but realistically i think Saras "gots ta go"

becuz the guy isnt gonna get any playing time and if he does he prolly wont fit in too well

ALF68
10-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Jax and the sooner the better.

grace
10-21-2006, 03:09 PM
Let me rephrase my earlier question. Does anyone honestly think Larry would cut Cabbage?

BlueNGold
10-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Let me rephrase my earlier question. Does anyone honestly think Larry would cut Cabbage?

No. He would drop Baston to save his enormous ego. ...and he can justify that in terms of $.

Of course, the franchise could afford to cut Saras, but I doubt that will happen. It's more than chump change.

I think it's painfully obvious they are trying to work out a trade given the fact Edwards has not received his pink slip. A 2 for 1 is what is needed.

LG33
10-21-2006, 03:45 PM

The man makes a good point about the free throws...we aren't the greatest team from the charity stripe, and we could use somebody hovering around 90% to deliver those crucial free throws in close games...didn't we lose a hell of a lot of close games last year as it is?

Destined4Greatness
10-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Yeah but the problem is he has to be on the court to be able to shoot those free throws.

jjbjjbjjb
10-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Yeah but the problem is he has to be on the court to be able to shoot those free throws.

And he has to be able to handle the ball well enough so he isn't stripped instead of fouled.