PDA

View Full Version : Artest/Carlisle/Bowen/Popovich situation brought up on Sportscenter

Shade
04-28-2004, 12:32 AM
Guess it's national news now.

Suaveness
04-28-2004, 12:33 AM
What did they say?

AcneBrain
04-28-2004, 12:33 AM
Artest will be suspended because he challenged Bowen. ESPN will love it.

Shade
04-28-2004, 12:35 AM
What did they say?

Just basically recapped what all transpired to this point.

Roaming Gnome
04-28-2004, 12:48 AM
Wonder how long before ESPN's talking heads start saying....Damn, Pop had a great point and join the pile on? Gee, the conspiricy to get Ronnie the DPOY. Sounds like the grand hysters could fire up a good one for this!

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story! I can see Jim Gray stirring the pot already!

wintermute
04-28-2004, 12:57 AM
espn can't go back on artest's dpoy award now, a lot of their own writers voted for artest. but then it's espn...

TheSauceMaster
04-28-2004, 01:57 AM
I just think it's funny they we as pacers fans have nothing better too talk about as there are atleast 5 didfrent threads on this , I go over to the spurs forums and there actually talking about there team instead of some over blown media blitz.

I really don't know why pops went off but I really don't care and Rick seems to think pops just made a mistake mentioning it , even Rick said Bowen is a Great Defender and if they compiled stats like they did for Ron , Rick said he was cofident and sure they would show great numbers like ron's does.

Suaveness
04-28-2004, 02:13 AM
Lol I guess not since we blew out the Celts. They at least can think about the Lakers. We have no clue who we will play.

Southside_Pacer
04-28-2004, 02:32 AM
I just think it's funny they we as pacers fans have nothing better too talk about as there are atleast 5 didfrent threads on this , I go over to the spurs forums and there actually talking about there team instead of some over blown media blitz.

I really don't know why pops went off but I really don't care and Rick seems to think pops just made a mistake mentioning it , even Rick said Bowen is a Great Defender and if they compiled stats like they did for Ron , Rick said he was cofident and sure they would show great numbers like ron's does.

Then what do you want people to talk about? It's recent news involving our head coach, one of our main players, and an opposing head coach who's actions were so unlike him it's uncanny.

We can rehash how we outrebounded the Celtics, outscored them in the paint, how we forced so many turnovers, can Reggie find his shot, will the layoff be bad or good for us, only so many times.

Until we know who we're going to play, and when we're going to play, discussion is not going to be the greatest in the world.

It's a hop topic, and a recent one. If you have something better that's NEW to talk about, by all means, start a thread and let's talk about it.