View Full Version : NBA Random Thoughts 2006-2007

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

sweabs
10-19-2006, 10:38 PM
a

317Kim
10-19-2006, 10:50 PM
About Fred,

I agree. I've been watching him play a lot so far during preseason and it looks like he and the Raptors have got it going on.

Just
10-19-2006, 10:53 PM
Peja just doesn't care about things that start with the letter P, I think. Preseason, Playoffs, Pacers. That explains his poor play.

Jermaniac
10-19-2006, 10:54 PM
Warriors are going to the playoffs this year. WATCH OUT. D Wagner and Monta Ellis are GOOD.

LoneGranger33
10-19-2006, 11:30 PM
Peja just doesn't care about things that start with the letter P, I think. Preseason, Playoffs, Pacers. That explains his poor play.

Does Peja care about Peja?

Just
10-19-2006, 11:52 PM
Does Peja care about Peja?

Yes. There's only room for one P in his life. He's a man with priorities.

Kstat
10-20-2006, 01:36 AM
Kstat & Fool - Maxiell has been looking like a stud so far. How much playing time can he expect come regular season? Are you guys going to be starting with Nazr, or McDyess? What are the frontcourt rotations?

Maxiell has pretty much moved Dale Davis out the rotation, by my estimation. He'll get 10 minutes per game or so.

Nazr is the starting center. He's long since cemented that spot.

Frontcourt should be pretty cut-and-dry: Sheed and Nazr start, Dice and Maxiell our #1 and #2 bench options, with Dale the #3 guy.

I couldn't be happier with our young guys: Jason Maxiell, Wil Blalock and Amir Johnson. All three will make the team this year. Amir grew from 6'9" to 7'0" over the last 15 months, and is the likely replacement for Rasheed Wallace in the future. Blalock might actually replace Hunter and become Chauncey's backup as soon as this season.

Kstat
10-20-2006, 01:37 AM
Warriors are going to the playoffs this year. WATCH OUT. D Wagner and Monta Ellis are GOOD.

Well, at least you're half right. Monta Ellis quality. He's a winner.

Unfortunately, they have this guy named Baron Davis on their team, and he's the ultimate loser, so I don't expect GS to go anywhere.

Robertmto
10-20-2006, 03:42 AM
Wizards look good.

We still have the big 3, Jeffries has been replaced by DeShawn Stevenson who looks good, It looks like the guy has added about 10 pounds of muscle. Blatch has been solid off the bench with 6 pts, 4 boards and 2 assists. He will get a few minutes as 11th man but he will contribute. Songaila hasn't played yet because of injury, and he won;t e ready until the regular season but its nothing serious. As of now it looks like the roser will be;

Arenas/Daniels/Mason
Stevenson/Hayes/Taylor
Butler/Hayes/Blatche
Jamison/Songaila/Ruffin/Blatche
Haywood/Thomas/Booth

Eindar
10-20-2006, 04:12 AM

Speaking of GS, what about Mike Dunleavy Jr.? His line has been looking pretty solid, for a guy that sucks and was one more bad season away from having "BUST" tattooed on his forehead.

JayRedd
10-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Unfortunately, they have this guy named Baron Davis on their team, and he's the ultimate loser, so I don't expect GS to go anywhere.

That shouldn't really be a factor...He'll be injured by Thanksgiving

Jermaniac
10-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Speaking of GS, what about Mike Dunleavy Jr.? His line has been looking pretty solid, for a guy that sucks and was one more bad season away from having "BUST" tattooed on his forehead.
He is gonna start at PF for them, from what I have heard.

JayRedd
10-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Anyway, I just wanted to comment on the Hornets first. I was watching their Real Training Camp episode a few weeks ago, and noticed that Peja could barely hit anything in practice. Their last preseason game, Peja only shot 2-10 from the field. I think Byron Scott was quoted afterwards as saying something along the lines of "I'm not worried; he's not going to have too many 2-10 shooting nights". Low and behold, in their next preseason game (tonight), Peja had another 2-10 shooting night.

I'm wondering if the new ball is somewhat responsible for the poor shooting percentages? Or, what seems to make more sense is the fact that Peja just isn't suited for the quick tempo game they're trying out in New Orleans. On one of the NBA shows on Sirius the other day, the Hornets GM was talking about how he wasn't so sure if Peja would be able to adapt to such an up-tempo offense. I'm not so sure Peja's game was meant for that type of style...based on his shooting so far, I'd guess not. But obviously it's only preseason - so it's hard to take anything away at this point. Regardless, I'm just thrilled we didn't sign him for so many reasons.

Sacramento used to play pretty quick. Seemed to work out pretty well for him there.

Isaac
10-20-2006, 10:32 AM
I think the Knicks are actually going to be the surprise team this year. They have enough talent to be a pretty decent team, I just think last year got started on the wrong foot, and they were dead by December. This year they have a coach Marbury, Francis, Curry etc. can relate too (no matter how bad we know this particular coach is) and he won't let them get in to that downward spiral they went in to last year.

The Bucks will also be in the playoffs, look for Charlie V. to be a solid second scorer for Michael Redd. They have a good mix of players on their team with the great outside shooting in their guards (Williams and Redd) a guy who is a very versatile player who can score and attack the basket (Simmons) and two guys who are going to be very reliable scoring the ball, and getting rebounds in the post (Charlie and Bogut.)

Leisure Suit Larry
10-20-2006, 10:41 AM
The Bucks will also be in the playoffs, look for Charlie V. to be a solid second scorer for Michael Redd. They have a good mix of players on their team with the great outside shooting in their guards (Williams and Redd) a guy who is a very versatile player who can score and attack the basket (Simmons) and two guys who are going to be very reliable scoring the ball, and getting rebounds in the post (Charlie and Bogut.)

Definitely, I like the Bucks. Too bad there bench sucks and they have to play in Milwaukee. I'm a big Charlie V fan though.

JayRedd
10-20-2006, 10:42 AM
The Bucks will also be in the playoffs

Still not sure how they pulled off TJ Ford for Charlie.

But if the Bucks make it, then that means either all five Central teams are getting in....or we're not.

Isaac
10-20-2006, 11:58 AM
But if the Bucks make it, then that means either all five Central teams are getting in....or we're not.

All 5 central teams did it last year, it will happen again.

As for the Bucks bench, its not good, but Ruben Patterson was a nice pickup for them. Bogut is injured the first part of the season, so Gadzuric is going to have to play a string of games where he scores, or else they may find themselves in a hole at the start of the season.

If they can be 1 or 2 games above 500 when Bogut gets back they'll be in great shape to make a run.

Out West, I do think the Hornets are going to be good, Peja is way overpaid, but he'll definitley bring them something they lacked. David West would have been Most Improved last season if it wasn't for Daiw. West is a very versatile player, and I look for him to continue on the right path.

Chandler is also wildly overpaid, but him and David West will still clean up the boards for that team, and they won't need Chandler to score because of David like they did in Chicago. I think his points will rise because of less pressure too.

Utah also gets in if they stay healthy, I like their team a lot.

Memphis is on a fast track to being one of the worst teams in the league. They will be worse then Toronto this season. They will finish around 11th-13th in the west.

sweabs
10-20-2006, 12:40 PM
Speaking of New York, what is this stuff I hear about Lebron "allegdly" going to join the Knicks in 2012?

Anyway, I'll make a bold prediction and say that the Raps find themselves in the playoffs this year.

grace
10-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Notes from the Bulls/Spurs game from last night:

-Maybe it's just me, but Tim Duncan looks thinner. I don't know how healthy he is. I saw him rubbing his knee in the first half and then he never came back.

-Someone tell Steve Nash if he wants his old hair back Fabricio Oberto has it.http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/images/2005-2006/0803spurs1_oberto_kmh.jpg

-Here's a new "not with the team do to personal issues": Luol Deng was in England getting his British Citizenship and passport taken care of.

-Here's a little ditty from one of the Bulls TV announcers: "Unlike other European players Viktor Khryapa sees the floor and understands the game."

-Tyrus Thomas is good. That's all I'll say because I'm supersticious.

sweabs
10-20-2006, 01:59 PM
Nazr is the starting center. He's long since cemented that spot.
Some Pistons fan just called into Full Court Press. He said he expects 12ppg on the season for Nazr. Kenny laughed at him and the two of them made a formal bet. Kenny says Nazr is going to average closer to 7-8ppg whereas this Pistons fan is saying 12ppg. The bet is $50 to each person's selected charity.

Kstat
10-20-2006, 02:01 PM
12 might be a bit much, but Nazr should get at least 10. He's going to get the ball a lot more than he did in SA.

Nazr will average 8 points off dunks alone. He's wide open half the time because of all the attention paid to the other players.

Calgary Jazz
10-20-2006, 02:06 PM

Warriors will battle for Oden sweepstakes, not for playoffs I can probably bet for anything on that.

Fool
10-20-2006, 02:12 PM
The Pistons will score too much for him to be as low as 7.

Eindar
10-21-2006, 01:59 AM
Can someone find me a picture of Robert Swift from this preseason? I overheard a Sonics fan mention his "new look", which is supposed to include an Adam Morrison-esque hairstyle and a bunch of tattoos.

I had trouble digging one up, but I could really use the laugh!

shags
10-21-2006, 10:29 AM
Can someone find me a picture of Robert Swift from this preseason? I overheard a Sonics fan mention his "new look", which is supposed to include an Adam Morrison-esque hairstyle and a bunch of tattoos.

I had trouble digging one up, but I could really use the laugh!

It's in this article.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sonics/2003295522_soni09.html

JayRedd
10-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Pretty dramatic change.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/nba/players/2005/3829.jpg

Kstat
10-21-2006, 05:13 PM
ANybody have a clue what San Antonio's frontcourt rotation will be this year? they have three scrubs and a 65-year old man around Tim Duncan.

Robertmto
10-21-2006, 05:54 PM
ANybody have a clue what San Antonio's frontcourt rotation will be this year? they have three scrubs and a 65-year old man around Tim Duncan.

Oberto, Duncan, Bowen and Horry will ALL be getting too many minutes this year.

JayRedd
10-21-2006, 05:57 PM
I think Elson and Butler will both get more minutes than Oberto.

Robertmto
10-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Jackie Butler is the truth

Eindar
10-22-2006, 03:46 AM
It's in this article.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sonics/2003295522_soni09.html

Thanks. He actually looks better than I expected. Maybe it's due to the slight tan he picked up, along with some weight.

Still, it'll be an interesting season for him. He's got 2 other 1st round centers competing for minutes with him, so if he doesn't make an impact this year, he'll struggle to get a decent sized 2nd contract, at least, by Center standards.

grace
10-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Jackie Butler is the truth

Who's the lie?

Robertmto
10-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Who's the lie?

Rasho Nesterovic

sweabs
10-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Well, the Nets waived Jay Williams today.....................................

Robertmto
10-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Even tho Kidd and Marcus Williams will be holding down most of the minutes couldn't he have stayed as a 3rd option?

shags
10-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Even tho Kidd and Marcus Williams will be holding down most of the minutes couldn't he have stayed as a 3rd option?

Marcus Williams is hurt too. So's Eddie House.

Williams got caught in a numbers game because Jeff McInnis is no longer on the team, but is under contract.

JayRedd
10-22-2006, 04:38 PM

Maybe he's just not very good anymore

When quickness is one of your biggest assets as a player and then you shatter your pelvis, I'd imagine your entire game is going to suffer greatly.

Robertmto
10-22-2006, 04:43 PM
How about the Magic?

I think they wil make the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed.

They have one of the best Frontcourts in the league if Hill stays healthy. Darko and Howard are blocking machines.

JayRedd
10-22-2006, 06:37 PM
How about the Magic?

They have one of the best Frontcourts in the league if Hill stays healthy. Darko and Howard are blocking machines.

Jameer Nelson is for real

Robertmto
10-22-2006, 06:44 PM
2 bad they lost Stevenson

:devil:

sweabs
10-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Freddie looks so comfortable in this offense in Toronto. I'm watching him right now, and he just made a very strong move to the hoop driving LEFT. Now he just hit a pull-up 3 in transition. This is all much better suited towards his game.

This preseason so far, Fred Jones = 40/44 from the free throw line.

Hicks
10-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Sounds good for Fred, but the beginning of the season is when he looked like a potential starting 2-guard here, too. Wait until he gets an injury by December/January and see if he still looks as good.

sweabs
10-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Sounds good for Fred, but the beginning of the season is when he looked like a potential starting 2-guard here, too. Wait until he gets an injury by December/January and see if he still looks as good.
I'm not taking injuries into perspective yet. Just looking at things from a pure basketball standpoint, what makes things different now is the fact that he's allowed to do the things that work to the strengths of his game.

grace
10-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Well, the Nets waived Jay Williams today.....................................

And that decision will come back to bite them in the butt.

Fireball Kid
10-22-2006, 09:11 PM
How about the Magic?

Imagine if they drafted Danny Granger instead of Fran Vasquez. What was that GM thinking?

Hicks
10-22-2006, 09:14 PM
I don't know when it started, but I just discovered tonight that Dish is finally showing preseason NBA games on League Pass! :woohoo:

PacersFan83
10-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Amir grew from 6'9" to 7'0" over the last 15 months

No he didn't. He's listed as 6'9" on every NBA website, and the only ones reporting him above that is an unreilable low-budget "sports news" website.

He's 6'10", tops.

FrenchConnection
10-22-2006, 09:42 PM
If all of these potentially bad teams that people are predicting will make the playoffs actually do (Raptors, Bucks, Knicks, Magic) actually do, then I would have to guess that we would be out. For us to make it, three of those team would have to be out. I will make a prediction that the Knicks will implode, the Raptors will be better but still not good enough and the Bucks will miss out. The Magic will make it. We will too.

bulldog
10-22-2006, 09:53 PM
I heard Oberto was starting? Is that not true?

But yea, at least one out of Butler and Elson should be able to get them some good minutes, depending on how things shake out.

Kstat
10-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Darko does everything Dwight can;t do, and vice-versa. They compliment each other well.

However, I think they're too young to play playoff-calibur ball for 82 games.

Fool
10-22-2006, 10:54 PM
No he didn't. He's listed as 6'9" on every NBA website, and the only ones reporting him above that is an unreilable low-budget "sports news" website.

He's 6'10", tops.

What happened? They stop letting you post that at the Piston board over at RealGM?

shags
10-22-2006, 11:03 PM
What happened? They stop letting you post that at the Piston board over at RealGM?

:) I was thinking the same thing.

Robertmto
10-23-2006, 07:32 AM
If all of these potentially bad teams that people are predicting will make the playoffs actually do (Raptors, Bucks, Knicks, Magic)

The Magic aren't really a bad team. They almost made the playoffs last year and that was once again without Hill. MAYBE he'll play this year who knows?

Plus they got JJ Reddick who will spread the floor, Carlos Arroyo looked GREAT in the WBC. Hedo is usually good for 10, 5 and 2. And Keith Bogans can play decent off the bench.

Darko does everything Dwight can;t do, and vice-versa. They compliment each other well.

However, I think they're too young to play playoff-calibur ball for 82 games.

I think they can. They had an entire off season to learn how to play even better together.

Kstat
10-23-2006, 11:11 AM

He's 6'10", tops.

I've seen him in person. He's the tallest guy on the team. He's much taller than he was last year, easily. He's about the same size as Jermaine O'neal when he was 19.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061013/SPORTS0102/610130389&SearchID=73260740106179

Saunders said that Amir Johnson likely will be used as a power forward.

Johnson, at 6-feet-11 1/2 , is still growing and matches up better with opponents at that position then those who are smaller.

JayRedd
10-23-2006, 12:27 PM
The Magic aren't really a bad team. They almost made the playoffs last year and that was once again without Hill. MAYBE he'll play this year who knows?

I hear Bender's available too. That could be a pretty good front court with Hill and Bender. They're both having great pre-seasons.

Roy Munson
10-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Plus they got JJ Reddick who will spread the floor, ...

He won't spread the floor very much from the bench.

Just
10-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Freddie looks so comfortable in this offense in Toronto. I'm watching him right now, and he just made a very strong move to the hoop driving LEFT. Now he just hit a pull-up 3 in transition. This is all much better suited towards his game.

This preseason so far, Fred Jones = 40/44 from the free throw line.

Fred's FG% so far this preseason = 38%.

If that's with him looking comfortable, then, well.... have fun in Toronto, Fred.

sweabs
10-23-2006, 01:28 PM
Fred's FG% so far this preseason = 38%.

If that's with him looking comfortable, then, well.... have fun in Toronto, Fred.
Take out that 2-11 night against Boston (where he consequently got to the line 11 times), and his FG% goes closer to 50%. But whatever, it is only preseason so it's too early to judge.

Jermaniac
10-23-2006, 01:32 PM
Same old Fred, have a good 5-6 games, makes you say LETS START FRED. Then he gets in his slump for 15-20 games and you want him gone. Not to mention he will pick up some little injury that he is able to play with but it makes him suck.

PacersFan83
10-23-2006, 01:47 PM
Fred Jones is a chubby Juan Dixon.

CableKC
10-23-2006, 01:55 PM
In regards to Toronto....it makes you think how a new GM can change the face and overall feeling of a team.

I know its preseason.......and the real test will be in regular season when they play teams that puts up their best 8 to 10 player in the lineup....but Colangelo has done a decent job of putting together a new "uptempo" team....a la his "European" slant.

Personally, I think that the Raptors will make a push as a Playoff-bubble team and get close to a 8th seed.....but with the overall experience of the team....they won't make it far. They have 2 decent but young PGs that can lead them....but I'm wondering how far they can go with a realtively young team.

Robertmto
10-23-2006, 02:25 PM
He won't spread the floor very much from the bench.

He's gonna start this year.

Roy Munson
10-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Same old Fred, have a good 5-6 games, makes you say LETS START FRED. Then he gets in his slump for 15-20 games and you want him gone. Not to mention he will pick up some little injury that he is able to play with but it makes him suck.

What do you base this brilliant observation on? The fact that he's gone into a 15-20 game slump this season?

I can buy the fact that you don't think he's a good player -- and that's fine since you've proven that you have very little idea about what is and isn't a good player -- but for you to say "Same old Fred", suggests that he's doing the same thing this season that he did last season...and that's just not the case at all. It remains to be seen whether Freddy will sustain the productivity he shown so far, but the fact that the system in Toronto is so different that it is in Indiana at least carries the possibility that he'll have more success.

Jermaniac
10-23-2006, 04:03 PM
What do you base this brilliant observation on? The fact that he's gone into a 15-20 game slump this season?

I can buy the fact that you don't think he's a good player -- and that's fine since you've proven that you have very little idea about what is and isn't a good player -- but for you to say "Same old Fred", suggests that he's doing the same thing this season that he did last season...and that's just not the case at all. It remains to be seen whether Freddy will sustain the productivity he shown so far, but the fact that the system in Toronto is so different that it is in Indiana at least carries the possibility that he'll have more success.Throw a party

Kstat
10-23-2006, 04:08 PM
Fred Jones is a chubby Juan Dixon.

I'd take Juan Dixon on my team any day of the week.....

Roy Munson
10-23-2006, 04:22 PM
I'd take Juan Dixon on my team any day of the week.....

If you like skinny weak players who can't defend anyone, then he's your guy.

Kstat
10-23-2006, 04:26 PM
If you like reserve guards that can come off the bench and score 20, then he's your guy.

There, fixed.

Jermaniac
10-23-2006, 04:32 PM
Fred can come off the bench and score 20 also.

Kstat
10-23-2006, 04:35 PM
Fred can come off the bench and score 20 also.

Hence why I didn't think comparing him to Juan DIxon was a bad thing at all....

LuckyMcPhearson
10-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Freddie is a better player then Dixon in every facet of the game. But outside of that, great comparison.

Kstat
10-23-2006, 06:13 PM
I would say DIxon is definately a better shooter.

I think some people are a tad bitter over 2002....

Robertmto
10-23-2006, 06:29 PM
I love Juan Dixon.

I'm mad we let him go.

Most recent players from Maryland have turned out decent - except one

Kstat
10-23-2006, 06:41 PM
I love Juan Dixon.

I'm mad we let him go.

Most recent players from Zona have turned out decent - except one

Dixon didn't go to Arizona.

Jermaniac
10-23-2006, 06:43 PM
I know I was reading that and was like WTF

Robertmto
10-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Dixon didn't go to Arizona.

i fixed it, idk what i was thinkin

I know I was reading that and was like WTF

ok ok lol

Kstat
10-23-2006, 06:48 PM
That still makes no sense. Like %90 of Maryland products turn out to be failures in the NBA. It's like Indiana east.... :tongue:

Robertmto
10-23-2006, 06:50 PM
That still makes no sense. Like %90 of Maryland products turn out to be failures in the NBA. It's like Indiana east.... :tongue:

Damn it!!!

It was a shot at Sarunas and a what up to my boys Blake, Dixon and Baxter.

:censored:

Roy Munson
10-23-2006, 07:06 PM
I would say DIxon is definately a better shooter.

I think some people are a tad bitter over 2002....

<b>Career Averages: </b>

Dixon
.411 FG
.329 FG3

Jones
.415 FG
.350 FG3

AesopRockOn
10-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Damn it!!!

It was a shot at Sarunas and a what up to my boys Blake, Dixon and Baxter.

:censored:

Where is Lonny right now?

Robertmto
10-24-2006, 10:26 AM
Where is Lonny right now?

He spent a lil too much time with SJax.

grace
10-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Bulls Win! BULLS WIN!!!

Kstat
10-24-2006, 11:37 PM
Bulls Win! BULLS WIN!!!

So when does the banner for best preseason record go up? Will there be a ceremony with ring pops?

Fool
10-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Grace, how's Ben playing?

grace
10-25-2006, 11:36 AM
Grace, how's Ben playing?

I have to admit I wasn't really paying close attention when the game was on. The only time I heard them say his name was when he was fouled and had to shoot free throws. The first one was perfect. The second one clanked off the rim. He only played just over 19 minutes. None of them were memorable.

Fool
10-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Sorry, I meant overall this preseason. Is he adapting well to his new team? Are they playing him a decent amount to get him acclimated or are they keeping his minutes low like a returning vet?

grace
10-25-2006, 12:17 PM
He seems like he's adapting well. However, they are keeping his minutes low.

PacersFan83
10-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Career Averages:

Dixon
.411 FG
.329 FG3

Jones
.415 FG
.350 FG3

It depends. Dixon was terrible his first few seasons in the league, but came on strong last year hitting 65-170 for a very respectable .382, the highest percentage either have ever hit. Freddie, on the other hand, saw his 3 point shooting plummet last year, down to .337 from .380 the year before. So while Fred still is the better career 3 point shooter, if you go by the "what have you done lately" philosophy, Dixon is the better shooter.

Fireball Kid
10-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Houston might make some noise up in the Wild West.

sweabs
10-27-2006, 10:47 PM
I'm watching the Raptors/Bulls game right now. Toronto is really trying their best to emulate that Phoenix style offense in it's entirety. But they are taking some really bad shots. Sam Mitchell wants the shot to be taken within the first 10 seconds of the shot clock, but it looks like it's resulting in some stupid shots.

Anyway, Fred Jones just hurt his wrist. He had to come out of the game.

Jermaniac
10-27-2006, 10:48 PM
There goes Fred little injury I was talking about. Always hurts his hands.

sweabs
10-27-2006, 10:52 PM
There goes Fred little injury I was talking about. Always hurts his hands.
:laugh: As soon as it happened, I thought of you. It's his shooting hand too.

Chicago looks real good though. Particularly Ben Gordon. Then again, Toronto's defence has looked atrocious for the most part.

Tyrus Thomas needs to learn how to come out and slow the PG down at the top of the 3pt line without fouling. JO will have to watch out for it too - they are calling it very close this year.

sweabs
10-31-2006, 12:43 AM
Charles Barkley is coming on Conan tonight - he will be his first guest so probably in about 10 minutes or so.

Charles to Conan: "Hey - well maybe you can play for the Knicks".

Robertmto
10-31-2006, 11:10 AM
Best opening week matchup - tomorrow night - ESPN 8 O'Clock

sweabs
10-31-2006, 09:03 PM
OH DEAR GOD - Tyrus Thomas follow-up dunk. Someone put it on Youtube now. I want to watch it more.

Los Angeles
10-31-2006, 09:04 PM
It will be hard to resist the Bulls bandwagon watching this game.

Holy crap they look great.

Jermaniac
10-31-2006, 09:10 PM
Shaq looks even fatter. Tyrus Thomas is my boy though, the guy will be much better then that lardass Eddy Curry.

AesopRockOn
10-31-2006, 09:13 PM
Miami needs a point guard.

Kstat
10-31-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm not sure if Miami is simply fat and out of shape, or the bulls are this good.

I'd like to see the bulls score when they aren't forcing turnovers left and right.

Aw Heck
10-31-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm not sure if Miami is simply fat and out of shape, or the bulls are this good.
Yeah, I'm having the same problem.

Either way, it doesn't seem like Miami's going back to the Finals this year. But I thought that even before I saw this game.

Kstat
10-31-2006, 09:19 PM
THis has to be the biggest embarrassment to a home team in the history of ring nights.

Hicks
10-31-2006, 09:20 PM
If you're declaring a team is or isn't going to the Finals, and it isn't May, you're jumping the gun.

gilpdawg
10-31-2006, 09:21 PM
This is almost as bad as us getting blown out on Reggie night last year. Heat look like a JV HS team.

Kstat
10-31-2006, 09:25 PM
Did the Miami Heat practice AT ALL during the summer?

I'm serious. They look like they've done nothing but lay on the couch and eat bon-bons watching their 2006 championship DVD.

Kstat
10-31-2006, 09:28 PM
Holy **** chemo took all of Ernie Johnson hair....

the lump on his face is gone, though.

Shade
10-31-2006, 09:29 PM
The Heat look fat and complacent to me. They must be content with last year's title.

It's going to take some getting used to seeing Ernie bald.

AesopRockOn
10-31-2006, 09:29 PM
Pure domination. Tyrus is owning both Miami centers. I'm really not feeling good about having Shaq on my team.

Kstat
10-31-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm sooo glad I resisted the urge to draft Shaq.....

Jermaniac
10-31-2006, 09:31 PM
NBA Random thought - Ron Artest CD came out today. It sucks.

rexnom
10-31-2006, 09:38 PM
Just wanted to say that Chicago looks really good...and it's not just the defense...the offense looks really fluid and they fleeced NY on the Eddy Curry deal AND Portland on the 2-4 switch/Khrypaya deal. I'd like to officially change my pick for GM of the year to John Paxson. Wow.

Btw, I'm loving the Wade/Barkley T-Mobile commercial.

Aw Heck
10-31-2006, 09:48 PM
I hope all those empty seats are people taking their time to get back from concessions/restrooms.

If not, that's embarassing for the Heat and their fans. It's friggin' half time, not the end of the game.

Kstat
10-31-2006, 09:54 PM
heat fans=laker fans.

They're front-runners. If the team plays poorly, they'll leave early.

sweabs
10-31-2006, 09:57 PM
I hope all those empty seats are people taking their time to get back from concessions/restrooms.

If not, that's embarassing for the Heat and their fans. It's friggin' half time, not the end of the game.
They're Heat fans: "It's Halloween night! Let's go out to da clubs and drink da crunk and have some fun!!! The night is young!"

They could care less...where were they all before D.Wade & Shaq?

Unclebuck
10-31-2006, 10:02 PM
Bulls look aggressive, active and ready for the regular season. The Heat look old, tired and would probably just as soon pack it in until March.

Aw Heck
10-31-2006, 10:02 PM
Well, the seats are filling up now. But they were empty for a good 5-6 minutes there.

Bulls still looking good. PJ Brown looks ancient though.

JayRedd
10-31-2006, 10:17 PM
Just wanted to say that Chicago looks really good...and it's not just the defense...the offense looks really fluid and they fleeced NY on the Eddy Curry deal AND Portland on the 2-4 switch/Khrypaya deal. I'd like to officially change my pick for GM of the year to John Paxson. Wow.

Btw, I'm loving the Wade/Barkley T-Mobile commercial.

I think a lot of how far Chicago goes will depend on the development of Luol Deng. They need a 2nd scorer to go along with Gordon, and he's the only guy I can see stepping into that "can drop 25 twice a week" role. Hinrich is obviously very nice. Big Ben is great. Thomas, PJ, Nocioni and Griffin will help. Duhon is a nice insurance policy. Gordon can be instant offense.

But to me, it's all about Luol stepping up to a Josh Howard level and becoming a guy that score when the Bulls need points in the playoffs.

They look really good tonight. And agreed on the DWade/Chuckster commercials. I'm also pretty sure Wade has been in every commercial so far during this game. Dude is everywhere. Like the Peyton Manning of the NBA.

Kstat
10-31-2006, 10:19 PM
having PJ brown and Ben Wallace as their frontcourt will hurt them eventually offensively.

rexnom
10-31-2006, 10:19 PM
And agreed on the DWade/Chuckster commercials. I'm also pretty sure Wade has been in every commercial so far during this game. Dude is everywhere. Like the Peyton Manning of the NBA.
Except Dwyane Wade has a ring...:brick:

JayRedd
10-31-2006, 10:23 PM
Except Dwyane Wade has a ring...:brick:

:brilliant

(49ers fan...You guys get ZERO sympathy)

AesopRockOn
10-31-2006, 10:23 PM
30+ min for GP is just outrageous

Kstat
10-31-2006, 10:24 PM
Tyrus THomas is not going to last long at this rate.....

Shade
10-31-2006, 10:25 PM
That was a borderline flagrant by Posey.

FrenchConnection
10-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Man, the Heat are really taking it to Tyrus Thomas.

JayRedd
10-31-2006, 10:26 PM
30+ min for GP is just outrageous

Yup...When's JWill back?

And do you guys think Riley waits until after the post-game speech to call Jalen's agent, or does he just use his cell-phone while walking down the tunnel?

DelNegro
10-31-2006, 10:28 PM
That call took place at halftime.

FrenchConnection
10-31-2006, 10:28 PM
That was a borderline flagrant by Posey.

If Tyrus was not a rookie, it would have been a flagrant.

Aw Heck
10-31-2006, 10:29 PM
Yup...When's JWill back?

And do you guys think Riley waits until after the post-game speech to call Jalen's agent, or does he just use his cell-phone while walking down the tunnel?
Agreed. After tonight, I think Jalen's pretty much a lock for Miami.

Riley's not going to tolerate Payton getting torched by Hinrich and Duhon.

JayRedd
10-31-2006, 10:30 PM
That call took place at halftime.

You're probably right. And even if not, I'll believe anything coming from a die-hard Vinny DelNegro fan.

Great name!!!

Kstat
10-31-2006, 10:30 PM
I hope Kobe and Nash can give us a better show than this.

Shade
10-31-2006, 10:31 PM

No Kobe tonight.

JayRedd
10-31-2006, 10:31 PM

Then...I hope Luke Walton and Nash can give us a better show than this.

DelNegro
10-31-2006, 10:32 PM
You're probably right. And even if not, I'll believe anything coming from a die-hard Vinny DelNegro fan.

Great name!!!

It's all about the hair.

Unclebuck
Agreed. After tonight, I think Jalen's pretty much a lock for Miami.

Riley's not going to tolerate Payton getting torched by Hinrich and Duhon.

And Rose is going to change that?

Kstat
No Kobe tonight.

Great. That game is going to be as lopsided as this one.

sweabs
10-31-2006, 10:34 PM
Swiss pride baby - Sefolosha looks great!

Aw Heck
10-31-2006, 10:35 PM
And Rose is going to change that?
:laugh:

No, it won't. At least Jalen might be able to answer back with some more offense. It also means that Payton won't have to play 30+ minutes, which means he won't be as tired (get torched more easily) throughout the game.

Besides, Jason Williams is also far from a good defender. So it won't be anything different.

Shade
10-31-2006, 10:42 PM
Bulls lead by 40. :lol:

Aw Heck
Go Bulls! Keep them under 70!

Shade

Shade
10-31-2006, 10:43 PM
:bulls: 108
:heat: 66

It's finally, mercifully over.

Kstat
10-31-2006, 10:43 PM
108-66 :rotflmao:

Aw Heck
10-31-2006, 10:44 PM
Ladies and Gentleman, your defending NBA Champions. :laugh:

Random question. Why do all the warmups look the same now? You know, the ones with the backs that look like sports bras?

LoneGranger33
10-31-2006, 10:44 PM
Closer than I thought it would be.

SARUNAS ON NBA CARES COMMERCIAL! YEAH!

Wow, thats a funny commercial for NBA fantasy (the one with Carter and Jason the Kidd)

Shade
10-31-2006, 10:49 PM
Just further evidence that the 2005 Miami Heat were the worst champions ever.

Kstat
10-31-2006, 10:50 PM
Just further evidence that the 2006 Miami Heat were the worst champions ever.

Fixed it for you ;)

No, but they could be the worst DEFENDING champions ever.

Wait, the 1999 Bulls have that all locked up.

Ok, so Miami could be close.

Kstat
10-31-2006, 10:53 PM
So how about this new Staples center setup, with no lights at all except for the court?

I like it.

Kstat
10-31-2006, 10:56 PM
Good to see Phoenix's offense has slowed down. They're only 6/6 from the floor so far.

LoneGranger33
10-31-2006, 10:56 PM
Now this is a game I can get interested in.

Kstat
10-31-2006, 10:57 PM
Wait 10 more minutes.

LoneGranger33
10-31-2006, 11:03 PM
That wasn't too bad for Amare.

Oh, I'm sorry, I meant to end that sentence with a !

LoneGranger33
10-31-2006, 11:06 PM
Now this is a game I can get interested in.

I was wrong.

Wait 10 more minutes.

You were right.

Shade
10-31-2006, 11:07 PM
Both my Finals picks are looking awfully good so far.

JayRedd
10-31-2006, 11:10 PM
Well...that was a fun 8 minutes. At least there are more games tomorrow.

Jesus, these guys can score.

sweabs
10-31-2006, 11:10 PM
We want Farmar!

Kstat
10-31-2006, 11:12 PM
Both my Finals picks are looking awfully good so far.

Meanwhile, the annual christmas day game looks like :suicide:

grace
10-31-2006, 11:13 PM

Do you remember how many people left at half time of Reggie's jersey retirement game? I don't blame anyone for leaving. The ones who stayed should get a gold medal (or a ring).

LoneGranger33
10-31-2006, 11:13 PM
Someone outta tell Radmonovic (I apologize for the spelling) to cut his hair...he looks like that crazy guy from Six Feet Under...

grace
10-31-2006, 11:15 PM
Man, the Heat are really taking it to Tyrus Thomas.

And I'm going to :kicknuts: to every single one of them. :pissed:

LoneGranger33
10-31-2006, 11:16 PM
Does anyone know how Vujacic got into the NBA? I wanna try out for the Lakers...

Kstat
10-31-2006, 11:17 PM
LA is doing better than I thought. It's only 41-26 after the first quarter....

FOr a while, I was sure Phoenix was going to score 50.

LoneGranger33
10-31-2006, 11:17 PM
James Jones is still called the "ex-Indiana Pacer"...nice

Shade
10-31-2006, 11:18 PM
So much for scoring being down due to the new ball.

grace
10-31-2006, 11:18 PM
Swiss pride baby - Sefolosha looks great!

And if that's not an indictment on the Heat I don't know what is. Yes I know he's going up against their scrubs, but since he's the last person Skiles put in I think that classifies him as a scrub too.

Kstat
10-31-2006, 11:19 PM
So much for scoring being down due to the new ball.

Home teams are being blown out %50 more than with the old ball. Clearly, the NBA needs to go back to leather.

Cactus Jax
11-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Thabo looked pretty good for the Bulls though.

sweabs
11-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Bynum looks real good tonight. I wonder if having a big man coach like Kareem has helped him............geeze.

AesopRockOn
11-01-2006, 12:38 AM
Word, Bynum has 16 points and 9 boards. He still looks a little awkward but he looks a hell of a lot better and I'm almost on that bandwagon.

CableKC
11-01-2006, 01:14 AM
:bulls: 108
:heat: 66

It's finally, mercifully over.

Wow.....that is really really sad for a NBA Championship team at home with the Season Opener. I wonder what was Shaq's excuse is this time...:rolleyes:

Trader Joe
11-01-2006, 02:06 AM
How about the Lakers coming back???? Odom was great tonight. Bynum looks like he should be the starter from here on out.

Moses
11-01-2006, 02:42 AM
Did anybody see that new Lebron James commercial where hes training in the pool and the pretty boy Lebron does a crazy dive off of the 20 foot diving board? That's easily one of the funniest commercials I've ever watched.

On a sidenote, Bynum is going to be a stud in this league. I think the Lakers have a very legit chance to make some serious noise this year if Bynum continues to improve. I think he needs to add a bit of bulk..but with time, he'll be another dominant center in this league.

Unclebuck
11-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Anyone else notice they turned down the crowd lights at Staples. I wished they did that at Conseco

JayRedd
11-01-2006, 11:09 AM
On a sidenote, Bynum is going to be a stud in this league. I think the Lakers have a very legit chance to make some serious noise this year if Bynum continues to improve. I think he needs to add a bit of bulk..but with time, he'll be another dominant center in this league.

Between that and the possibility of Lamar Odom playing like Charles Bronson all year after the tragedy with his son, I think the Lakers could surprise some people. Farmar looked like he'll be the starting PG by December and the triangle is the ideal way to maximize Luke Walton. Evans looked good too, never knew much about him. Throw in Kobe and Kwame and they could pull a Sixth Seed.

Isaac
11-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Anyone else notice they turned down the crowd lights at Staples. I wished they did that at Conseco

Yeah, they do that at Madison Square Garden too, its very dark in the crowd.

The Bulls looked very good last night, their passing was crisp, they had very nice cuts, they rebounded the ball, they did everything well.

Slick Pinkham
11-01-2006, 12:11 PM
(responding to comment about the Heat "taking it at Tyrus Thomas"

And I'm going to :kicknuts: to every single one of them. :pissed:

Ouch.

:-o

Payton might have aleady given Tyrus a shot in a sensitive area.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/0d/full.getty-71797746nb043_bulls_heat_11_35_10_pm.jpg

Moses
11-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Ouch.

:-o

Payton might have aleady given Tyrus a shot in a sensitive area.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/0d/full.getty-71797746nb043_bulls_heat_11_35_10_pm.jpg
ROFL

I remember watching like 10 minutes of the game in the 3rd and right when I turned on the TV, I saw Tyrus Thomas slam his back into the bottom of the goal-post. Then about 3 minutes before I turned it off, I saw Posey forearm him in the face. Judging by what some of you have said in this thread, Thomas had a pretty rough game.

Aw Heck
11-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Midway through the second quarter

:magic: 47

:bulls: 33

Are the Magic this good?

Aw Heck
11-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Halftime:

:magic: 63

:bulls: 45

Dwight Howard having a great game: 20 pts, 7 rebs and 8-10 from the field.

Aw Heck
11-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Final:

:magic: 109

:bulls: 94

Never thought I'd see that after the way the Bulls played last night.

Looks like PJ Brown was almost useless. Dwight Howard just went to town and PJ couldn't answer back. He didn't do much last night either. I wonder how long it will take for him to make his way to the bench.

Shade
11-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Sheed gets ejected for running his mouth. :D

Deadshot
11-01-2006, 10:22 PM
So how about Ron Artest has 9 steals before the game is even over?

Unclebuck
11-01-2006, 10:25 PM
If you notice a lot of road teams are winning, that is pretty typical for opening night

rexnom
11-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Ok, anyone just see LeBron make that hoop?

Shade
11-01-2006, 10:35 PM
So how about Ron Artest has 9 steals before the game is even over?

And 11 boards. :eek:

Another great Cavs/Wiz game going to the wire.

Fool
11-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Pistons allowed 70 points in the paint.

7-0

Seventy

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70.

No we don't miss Ben. Flip's defense doesn't have any holes.

Shade
11-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Hayes with 3 big misses down the stretch.

Shade
11-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Pistons allowed 70 points in the paint.

7-0

Seventy

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70.

No we don't miss Ben. Flip's defense doesn't have any holes.

Holy...

That's gotta be some kind of record.

Jermaniac
11-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Warriors and Lakers on right now. If you got the league pass turn this game on, its about to be fun.

Jermaniac
11-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Chris Wilcox is a beast, I could see him being a MIP award winner.

Fool
11-01-2006, 10:41 PM
We used to go entire games without allow 70 points total.

Jermaniac
11-01-2006, 10:41 PM
So how about Ron Artest has 9 steals before the game is even over?The box I'm looking at says he had 7

PacersFan83
11-01-2006, 10:49 PM
Overrated Artest and the Kings go down to the Wolves.

R.I.P. Detroit Pistons

Unclebuck
11-01-2006, 10:51 PM
Rudy Gay is looking good. Why do I want the knicks to lose

Kstat
11-01-2006, 10:52 PM
We're dooooooooooomed! :laugh:

Get back to me in 50 games. If we had won by 30 tonight would you be saying we're championship-bound?

Take care of the ball, keep sheed in the game, and we'll be okay.

Kstat
11-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Knicks and Grizzlies in an intense game of "who can screw this game up worse?"

Eindar
11-01-2006, 11:00 PM
How's that Battier for Gay trade looking now?

Jermaniac
11-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Rudy Gay is a beast.

Eindar
11-01-2006, 11:15 PM
Rudy Gay is a beast.

I didn't expect him to be this good this soon. We'll see if he can keep it up, cause if so, he'll win ROY no contest.

Big Smooth
11-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Knicks vs Grizzlies in the NBA Finals, I called it first.

WTF is the deal with Mike Miller's hair? He looks like Flo at the local diner with a hairnet.

Unclebuck
11-01-2006, 11:17 PM
OT number 3 - turning into a classic. The Suns vs Clips on ESPN looks like a good game also.

Kstat
11-01-2006, 11:19 PM
this game is nothing resembling a classic. Both teams are sucking equally.

Eindar
11-01-2006, 11:22 PM
more like an anti-classic. Still, high drama is good TV.

Unclebuck
11-01-2006, 11:22 PM
this game is nothing resembling a classic. Both teams are sucking equally.

Classic as in 3 overtimes (there can't be more than 4 or 5 the entire season can there) and seeing the Knicks blow a big 3rd quarter lead - what isn't classic about that.

Certainly not classic as in any of the Mavs vs. Spurs 6 game series last May

Eindar
11-01-2006, 11:24 PM
What's up with the hair bands? So far I've seen them on Mike Miller and Mike Dunleavy. Is this a ploy by Stern to make the WNBA games seem more familiar to viewers? Is Claire's the official hair accessory of the NBA this year?

What gives? Mike Miller looks like a chick.

Kstat
11-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Eddy Curry is making me happy I drafted him.

Big Smooth
11-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Classic as in 3 overtimes (there can't be more than 4 or 5 the entire season can there) and seeing the Knicks blow a big 3rd quarter lead - what isn't classic about that.

Certainly not classic as in any of the Mavs vs. Spurs 6 game series last May

Knicks choking + Isiah coaching = Classic good times for all. ;)

Cactus Jax
11-01-2006, 11:27 PM
I wanna see if enough players foul out, that it turns into a hockey match or something with a 5 on 4.

Jermaniac
11-01-2006, 11:32 PM
I wish we had a Gay type player

Cactus Jax
11-01-2006, 11:32 PM
Wow, this game is awful...its turned into those times where you see an overweight person jogging along the road, out of shape, sluggish, etc.

Jermaniac
11-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Jamaal Chuckford sucks

SycamoreKen
11-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Jamaal Chuckford sucks

He sure does. Blocks a 3 pointer and has the steal that leads to the game winning free throws. Not to mention the 3 point play earlier.

Was the play to Frye for the 3 in the corner not one of the worst plays ever out of a time out? Thomas is lucky that didn't cost them the game.

Jermaniac
11-01-2006, 11:47 PM
[QUOTE=SycamoreKen;497069]He sure does. Blocks a 3 pointer and has the steal that leads to the game winning free throws. Not to mention the 3 point play earlier.

[QUOTE]Thats funny cause you named 3 plays he made, and not the horrible shots he was taking almost making his team lose the game.

ITS UGLY OUT HERE

SycamoreKen
11-01-2006, 11:52 PM
I just saw the 3rd OT. His shooting did stink tonight.

Frank Slade
11-01-2006, 11:59 PM
Jason Kidd had a Good Day.... Messed around and got a triple double :cool:

rexnom
11-02-2006, 12:21 AM
I just want to get this out there:

In five years Shaun Livingstone will be the best PG in the game. Steve Nash will be past his prime. Jason Kidd retired. Gilbert Arenas isn't a point guard.

And, btw, he'll be better than Chris Paul. His defense is already much, much, MUCH better than CP3's defense will ever be.

His biggest weakness is a lack of a shot...but he's getting there. Considering he just turned 21, I think he'll be fine.

I'm pretty sure I have a man crush on Shaun Livingston, though, so don't take my word for it. I just love the guy...

Maybe I should sit this one out.

AesopRockOn
11-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Damn, son. Pierce drops 29 and 19; the guy is an absolute beast.

Mistakes: not playing Tayshawn, playing Sheed, not playing K Mart, my duo of Mike James and Ricky Davis sucked, Josh Smith also unimpressive. Bad day in fantasy, but it can't overshadow a fantastic win for the Pacers.

grace
11-02-2006, 12:25 AM

You must not be afraid of falling down the steps.

Frank Slade
11-02-2006, 12:27 AM

In five years Shaun Livingstone will be the best PG in the game. Steve Nash will be past his prime. Jason Kidd retired. Gilbert Arenas isn't a point guard.

And, btw, he'll be better than Chris Paul. His defense is already much, much, MUCH better than CP3's defense will ever be.

His biggest weakness is a lack of a shot...but he's getting there. Considering he just turned 21, I think he'll be fine.

I'm pretty sure I have a man crush on Shaun Livingston, though, so don't take my word for it. I just love the guy...

Brand and Livingston perhaps the two Non-Superstar players that I covet the most. You are not alone Rexnom.

ajbry
11-02-2006, 12:29 AM
Jason Kidd had a Good Day.... Messed around and got a triple double :cool:

:laugh:

Very nicely done, I love Ice Cube.

rexnom
11-02-2006, 12:33 AM
Brand and Livingston perhaps the two Non-Superstar players that I covet the most. You are not alone Rexnom.
I feel ya. The Clip guys don't get much love.

PacersFan83
11-02-2006, 12:39 AM
And the unjustified Shaun Livingston fanboyism overhyping continues.....

How about that Jon Bender? Or if he isn't your type, how about that Kwame Brown? Darius Miles?

rexnom
11-02-2006, 12:50 AM
And the unjustified Shaun Livingston fanboyism overhyping continues.....

How about that Jon Bender? Or if he isn't your type, how about that Kwame Brown? Darius Miles?
Yeah, except Shaun is right on track for becoming a superstar. He's improving dramatically from year to year...as a high schooler...and a PG at that; the toughest position. Also, he's the starter on a contender (one that will be contender for many years to come), and he's doing just fine. Shaun Livingstone plays a more crucial role than any of those guys ever did.

Unclebuck
11-02-2006, 08:16 AM

I agree 100%. He is going to be a star. But I'll go as far as saying he will be an MVP candidate along with being the best point guard in the NBA.

Kegboy
11-02-2006, 11:11 AM
Wow, Ronny Turiaf had 23 and 9? Who would have thought that a year ago.

Isaac
11-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Paul Pierce was very good yesterdsay, 29 points and 19 boards.

Fool
11-02-2006, 11:52 AM
I would trade Rip for him if his contract wasn't so high

^

PacersFan83
11-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Shaun Livingston is gonna be a superstar because SLAM! magazine said so!

Fireball Kid
11-02-2006, 12:59 PM
That Orlando team can go places if they stay healthy.

JayRedd
11-02-2006, 03:01 PM
David Stern in on the Mike and the Mad Dog radio show right now, and they were just discussing a recent SI article where Stern mentions that the social and political situations in China and Russia are mildly disturbing to him.

He said the article was overblowing his sentiments and that as far as the NBA is concerned, these are places that the League will be doing a tremendous amount of business. He said the NBA will pretty much do business anywhere it makes financial sense, and half jokingly said: "I hear Kim Jong Il is a huge NBA fan and watches a lot of the games. So I was wondering if maybe we should send some players over there for an exhibition, and maybe it will help calm him down a little. What do you guys think? Is that a good idea?"

Without missing a beat, Mike Francessa said "Just don't send the Pacers."

OneHappyFan
11-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Did anyone hear Cowherd this morning say this morning Chris Paul is going to be the second best PG ever in the NBA?
I think CP is good but second best of all time is a bit overboard IMO.

317Kim
11-02-2006, 08:28 PM
18-13 Mavs over the Spurs in the first quarter.

Hoping to see a bit of Cro and AJ tonight :)

Kstat
11-02-2006, 08:50 PM
This new wide-open style is pretty fun to watch.

Los Angeles
11-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Austin Croshere starts his regular season career as a Mav with a nuthin-but-net 3. and 30 seconds later takes the feed inside for one hell of a dunk.

Los Angeles
11-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Croshere now 3 for 3.

Fireball Kid
11-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Cro lookin' good.

Kstat
11-02-2006, 08:57 PM
This game reminds me a lot of the 80's.

Fireball Kid
11-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Good game. 41-36 Dallas.

Unclebuck
11-02-2006, 09:19 PM
Are you watching Croshere. Oh my.

Robertmto
11-02-2006, 10:30 PM
I've had a man crush on Ronny Turiaf since his sophomore year at Gonzaga.

Just for the record

Unclebuck
11-02-2006, 10:54 PM
That's strange, the crowd lights were down during the Lakers game Tuesday night, but the lights are on during the Clippers game tonight

Fireball Kid
11-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Spurs defense was too much. 97-91 is the final.

PacersFan83
11-02-2006, 10:55 PM
I've had a man crush on Ronny Turiaf since his sophomore year at Gonzaga.

Just for the record

Are you trying to make Gilbert jealous?

Robertmto
11-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Are you trying to make Gilbert jealous?

Gilbert knows he's my number 1.

;)

no homo

Big Smooth
11-02-2006, 11:35 PM
That's strange, the crowd lights were down during the Lakers game Tuesday night, but the lights are on during the Clippers game tonight

It's strictly a Lakers thing. See the link: http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/lights_out.html

I'm supposing the Clippers could get the same treatment if they requested it. But for now, it's a Lakers promotional gadget.

grace
11-03-2006, 12:45 AM

The Clippers don't want the little old ladies falling down the stairs.

grace
11-03-2006, 12:48 AM
It's strictly a Lakers thing. See the link: http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/lights_out.html

That has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever read. I'm sure the networks are going to hate it. How can they show Jack Nicholson and Diane Cannon in the stands if they're in the dark?

Leisure Suit Larry
11-03-2006, 01:03 AM

I'm supposing the Clippers could get the same treatment if they requested it. But for now, it's a Lakers promotional gadget.

I wish the Pacers would do that, it looked awesome

rexnom
11-03-2006, 01:10 AM
Yeah...I got goosebumps...is that bad?

Moses
11-03-2006, 01:24 AM
Surprised nobody mentioned that Melo got thrown out of the Nuggets Clips game.

Glad to see the refs are really enforcing it. I figured there'd be a ton of ejections and tech's given at the start of the season. Wonder how long it will be before players actually stop arguing with the officiating...

rexnom
11-03-2006, 01:30 AM
JR Smith...underrated move for Denver...

317Kim
11-03-2006, 05:55 AM
I didn't finish last night's Spurs/Mavs, but reading these posts and looking at the box score...Cro did great job. 12 points on 5-9 FGs and 2/3 threes. All that in about 15 minutes.

Eindar
11-03-2006, 06:30 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the way all games were played at MSA, and all games are still played like this at MSG, if I remember correctly. It's a FAR better viewing experience, especially in person. The odd thing about MSA is that they had to turn the lights back on for end of quarters and halftime so people could go to the concession stand, and back then, it always took the lights 15 seconds or so to "warm up", so it would gradually get lighter in the arena, which almost made it a moot point, as by the time the lights were fully on, everyone who was headed to the concession stands or bathrooms were already there.

I really hope NBA teams go back to doing this. They still do it for the pregame intros in most places, to focus on the players. I'm not sure why they ever stopped, to be honest.