PDA

View Full Version : So JT and JO are already injured

Destined4Greatness
10-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Not a good sign.

Hicks
10-18-2006, 05:29 PM
Not to mention Daniels, who has an injury reputation too.

countarfit
10-18-2006, 05:31 PM
don't forget about my boy John Edwards (sore back)

Destined4Greatness
10-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Not to mention Daniels, who has an injury reputation too.

Damn you are right. Hope Foster doesn't *** his name to that list.

MagicRat
10-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Montieth says JO is going to play tonight......

ABADays
10-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Damn - good thing they came to camp in shape huh? Imagine if they hadn't. Can Harrison be far behind?

imawhat
10-18-2006, 05:41 PM
It'd be nice if our projected starting lineup could start one game together in the preseason.

Good thing none of the injuries are considered serious. If it were the regular season they might've played (Tins and Daniels), who knows.

SycamoreKen
10-18-2006, 05:42 PM
You know, I hurt my back lifting yesterday. Maybe I need to step away for a while.

able
10-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Yeah, getting an elbow in the face can not hurt now can it?

Jamaal Tinsley, Marquis Daniels and John Edwards will miss the Indiana Pacers’ preseason game against Denver tonight in Cincinnati.

None of the hurting Pacers have serious injuries. Tinsley was struck in the jaw in Monday’s game against Minnesota. Daniels has a pulled hamstring. Edwards has a sore lower back.
Jermaine O’Neal, who sat out part of Tuesday’s practice with a sore Achilles, is expected to play, as are Al Harrington (nagging pains) and Josh Powell (flu), who missed Monday’s game.

Destined4Greatness
It'd be nice if our projected starting lineup could start one game together in the preseason.

Good thing none of the injuries are considered serious. If it were the regular season they might've played (Tins and Daniels), who knows.

Yeah like we haven't heard that before.

xphoenix
I wouldnt worry about it. A lot of people arent playing right now. Dirk and Terry both sat out last night. I went to the Suns and Clippers game last night and Cassell and Kaman both sat out.... theyll all be ready come regular season.

Lord Helmet
10-18-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm not worrying..........yet.

Hicks
10-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Yeah, getting an elbow in the face can not hurt now can it?

In years before now I'd be right there with you, but with this team and the local media that covers them, what's "no big deal" in October suddenly becomes a big problem by later November or early December, and when it hits the press they act like it was a known fact the whole time. See Jeff Foster for a good recent example.

Also see how they thought Tinsley was fine enough to try playing him when he was only damaging the injury and that kept him out for much longer still after, but we were told (or at the very list Tinsley himself was told) at the time that things were just fine, no big deal, he's expected to play, etc.

I'm 100% skeptical with our current situation until I see otherwise for a whole season. I used to buy it, but I don't anymore. I can't.

masobczyk
10-18-2006, 06:22 PM
I don't post very much...but guys come on. This is preseason. Training camp. There are going to be minor injuries. Yes it's frustrating because the last few years have been injury hell. It's not realistic to expect them to have everyone healthy 100% of the time. We're lucky the injuries aren't long term and that no one is expected to miss significant time.

Destined4Greatness
10-18-2006, 06:37 PM
I don't post very much...but guys come on. This is preseason. Training camp. There are going to be minor injuries. Yes it's frustrating because the last few years have been injury hell. It's not realistic to expect them to have everyone healthy 100% of the time. We're lucky the injuries aren't long term and that no one is expected to miss significant time.

Heard that last year, and the year before. The fact of the matter is they have been playing "Competitive Basketball", and I use that term lightly, for a week, and half the team is either injured from that or even before that.

Seems very similar to what we have gone through before.

aero
10-18-2006, 06:40 PM
i looked at Tinsley playing the other night and injured my eyes ill have to sit this game out :(

Kstat
10-18-2006, 06:43 PM
Tinsley? Injured? No freaking way.

grace
10-18-2006, 06:44 PM
I don't know why anyone is surprised by this. Name one year in the last ten where the Pacers didn't have any injuries in training camp.

Naptown_Seth
10-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Heard that last year, and the year before. The fact of the matter is they have been playing "Competitive Basketball", and I use that term lightly, for a week, and half the team is either injured from that or even before that.

Seems very similar to what we have gone through before.
Yes, but you also heard it in 1999 right before the starting 5 went on to play something like the first 55 games straight. You hear this EVERY year, not just the last 2.

It won't be unique to the recent situation until it happens a few weeks into the season. Then it will seem like "here we go again".

The AUL/BOA sign had an appropriate message up the other day, something like "worry is interest you pay on problems that haven't happened yet". If/when the injury issues really start up again there will be plenty of suffering to go around, let's not rush the process.

Kstat
10-18-2006, 06:50 PM
I don't know why anyone is surprised by this. Name one year in the last ten where the Pacers didn't have any injuries in training camp.

It has a lot to do with the fact they keep bringing back the same guys that got injured the year before....

Destined4Greatness
10-18-2006, 06:55 PM
It has a lot to do with the fact they keep bringing back the same guys that got injured the year before....

Excellent point and theres a big difference between nobody getting hurt, and 2/3 of the team getting hurt.

3rdStrike
10-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Gives Sarunas a chance to lead the offense and Hunter one last chance to impress. At guard, White will get more minutes which is only a good thing. At forward, it gives us more minutes to use on Marshall and Williams.

I'm not glad these guys are sitting the game out, but...let's just say I would rather the bubble guys get more PT early in ST than the regulars.

Destined4Greatness
10-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Look Snap has had his 3 strikes hes out. I would think somebody with your username would get that. And no Runi started off with 2 strikes, named Dale Davis and James Jones, he picked up his 3rd last year.

Evan_The_Dude
10-18-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm just frustrated by the fact that JO & Harrington haven't had enough time to learn to play on the floor at the same time yet.

Hicks
10-18-2006, 09:26 PM
JO left tonight's game early with a sore hamstring...

Destined4Greatness
10-18-2006, 09:30 PM
JO left tonight's game early with a sore hamstring...

Nice, hmm I think I predicted this one. Let me check.

Yep one of my Knocks of JO that I was constantly flamed for was 'Injury Prone"

JayRedd
10-18-2006, 09:30 PM
A lot of these pre-season injuries are better sounding ways of publically saying "I'm a veteran and I'm not playing this many pre-season games. See ya in November."

Hicks
10-18-2006, 09:32 PM
A lot of these pre-season injuries are better sounding ways of publically saying "I'm a veteran and I'm not playing this many pre-season games. See ya in November."

Is that why Sarunas took an intentional foul to get him out of the game quickly? Just so the vet could say "I'm done" in the 3rd quarter?

JayRedd
10-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Is that why Sarunas took an intentional foul to get him out of the game quickly? Just so the vet could say "I'm done" in the 3rd quarter?

Not sure what you're talking about...Didn't see the game

I'm not saying every one of our guys currently is not injured...just saying that most NBA players aren't interested in playing in all these games. So they talk to the trainers and find reasons not to risk "aggravating" little things.

They are about to be borderline exhausted for eight months. Many who know the grind of the season know to wait til November to start getting serious.

NorCal_Pacerfan
10-18-2006, 11:29 PM
What in God's name is it going to take for the fans to realize that Tinsley is a liability?

Destined4Greatness
10-18-2006, 11:34 PM
What in God's name is it going to take for the fans to realize that Tinsley is a liability?

Hes not the only one. Foster and JO aren't far behind him. And Daniels has quite a rep already in 3 years.

NorCal_Pacerfan
10-19-2006, 12:37 AM
Yeah, I hate to admit it, but you may be right. I've been a JO supporter, and I really like the guy. But you've got to get the job done consistantly on the court. This season is it, it's make it or break it. I hope they can stay healthy and make a good run.

Kstat
10-19-2006, 12:39 AM
I don't think JO is injury-prone. I just think he's played out of position at center.

When he's used primarily as a power forward, he's been pretty much injury-free.

Hicks
10-19-2006, 06:59 AM
I don't think JO is injury-prone. I just think he's played out of position at center.

When he's used primarily as a power forward, he's been pretty much injury-free.

He was fine in 2004 until the accident in the ECF. He played C then (Jeff Foster isn't a C).

Still, when we paid (temporarily) Miller to get injured from the punishment instead, JO did seem to stay healthy, didn't he? ;)

PacerMan
10-19-2006, 07:56 AM

What in God's name is it going to take for fans to realize we have no better option?

DeS
10-19-2006, 08:07 AM
What in God's name is it going to take for fans to realize we have no better option?
I was a little sceptical because of the age, but the preseason games slowly makes me think, that Armstrong is the better option.

FlavaDave
10-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Hope Foster doesn't *** his name to that list.

:lol2:

Tell me that I'm not the only one who saw this...........

Destined4Greatness
10-19-2006, 11:29 AM
Lol, damn S and D why the hell are they next to each other, thats just asking for it.

Smooth_for_Pres.
10-19-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm just frustrated by the fact that JO & Harrington haven't had enough time to learn to play on the floor at the same time yet.

No one has.

Except for Rawle Marshall, Josh Powell, Darrell Armstrong, and Marquis Daniels. Daniels has been a total disappointment so far but the others?

They seem to be the brightest spots on this team outside of Al.

My point is: Everyone on this team needs to play more together.

Since86
10-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Look Snap has had his 3 strikes hes out. I would think somebody with your username would get that. And no Runi started off with 2 strikes, named Dale Davis and James Jones, he picked up his 3rd last year.

Any how many strikes does Jax have?

You continually point out all these flaws of other players, but yet you hold Jax WAY above everyone else.

I'd much rather have a player that tries his hardest, bue isn't capable of getting the job done, then a player that continually screws the the team with his off-court behavior and his bad attitude/play on the court.

Naptown_Seth
10-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Cripes, the Lakers and Bulls both got to where they were taking the first 3 months of the season off too. Oh technically they played, but it was on auto-pilot after the first titles proved their points.

We need JO and Tinsley to win regular season games. Right now I just want to see HOW guys are playing and what the bubble guys look like.

Naptown_Seth
10-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Tell me that I'm not the only one who saw this...........
Will more hip issues count as "assing his name to the list"? ;)

Dude falls and breaks his tailbone in week 3 :-o

10-19-2006, 04:53 PM
:unimpress

Destined4Greatness
10-19-2006, 05:37 PM
Any how many strikes does Jax have?

You continually point out all these flaws of other players, but yet you hold Jax WAY above everyone else.

I'd much rather have a player that tries his hardest, bue isn't capable of getting the job done, then a player that continually screws the the team with his off-court behavior and his bad attitude/play on the court.

Jax has something these guys don't and thats the ability to play on an NBA Roster.

A guy capable of being the sixth man on 25+ teams and plays 82 games a year gets more leeway than a guy that belongs in Europe/NBDL.

Lord Helmet
10-19-2006, 07:16 PM
JO is missing tonight's game with a sore hamstring.

It begins.

gummy
10-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Tins and his sore jaw are playing a nice game tonight though. Over a dozen assists thus far.