PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a trade soon ?

Frank Slade
10-17-2006, 01:09 PM
As we approach the regular season with the current roster.
Who believes there will be a preseason (or early regular season) trade ?

If so who might it be ? I'll list the entire roster for the sake of fairness.

Al Harrington
Danny Granger
Darrell Armstrong
David Harrison
Jamaal Tinsley
James White
Jeff Foster
Jermaine O'Neal
Jimmie Hunter
John Edwards
Josh Powell
Maceo Baston
Marquis Daniels
Orien Greene
Rawle Marshall
Sarunas Jasikevicius
Sean Lampley
Shawne Williams
Stephen Jackson

Speed
10-17-2006, 01:14 PM
I think Foster, he is a valueable commodity somewhat to other teams, if TPTB think trust Baston, Powell, Harrison, JO, AL to man the 4/5 spot then I think he may go. I think in the perfect world they would like to package him with one our starting back court guys and get one really good player in return, but I don't think that's realistic.

BlueNGold
10-17-2006, 01:15 PM
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so. I don't expect any trades.

Kegboy
10-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Bowser, I can't stand that *removed on posting, even though I'm not sure if it's permisible to insult mascots*

Seriously, as others have said, I'm really getting the impression we want to keep Greene, Powell, and Marshall, so I do expect a trade. No idea who, though.

Speed
10-17-2006, 01:19 PM
Bowser, I can't stand that *removed on posting, even though I'm not sure if it's permisible to insult mascots*

What's his Gestation period, btw?

Kegboy
10-17-2006, 01:22 PM
What's his Gestation period, btw?

Don't know. He must have squeezed a couple puppies out, cause he does look a little smaller.

Bball
10-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Normally I can guess what was removed/censored... But I have no idea here. :shrug:

I bet things made more sense before the axe fell tho.

-Bball

Putnam
10-17-2006, 01:44 PM
No trade.

There will be the requisite number of cuts in the next 10 days, and then, "Say 'Hello' to Your Indiana Pacers."

Since86
10-17-2006, 01:44 PM
I think he "edited" himself, to make it look that way. ;)

Bball
10-17-2006, 02:05 PM
I think he "edited" himself, to make it look that way. ;)

I think so too... But that doesn't make me any less confused. ;)

-Bball

Will Galen
10-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Seriously, as others have said, I'm really getting the impression we want to keep Greene, Powell, and Marshall, so I do expect a trade. No idea who, though.

What he said.

Young
10-17-2006, 03:35 PM
I don't think there will be a pre season trade. I don't think it is to often that there is. Teams usually have their roster set and they want to see how the current roster does before making any changes. So a trade is likely to happen in December at the earliest, and that is if we make one.

Hicks
10-17-2006, 03:59 PM
I think unless someone makes us a (from our POV and current situation) "good" offer for Jackson, I don't think so. I think they'll let Marshall go.

ChicagoJ
10-17-2006, 06:14 PM
I can still envision a trade of "non-starters" like Harrison, Foster, or Saras, in order to thin out the roster. They've each got trade value that might be higher than their value "in place." I could see either draft pick or Tinsley as throw-ins depending on what might be avaiable (Tinsley, only in the case of a 3-1 for a starting-caliber PG.)

sweabs
10-17-2006, 06:27 PM
The biggest problem at this point would be finding another team willing to make such a late trade (mid-way to the end of preseason).

Naptown_Seth
10-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Like I said in the "Who gets cut" thread, I think Rick's comments about Marshall after the last game suggest that while they are happy with what he has done, they are resigned to the fact that they are going to cut him.

Could be wrong, but the comments about Greene and Powell aren't the same types of compliments being given to Marshall. Personally all 3 have impressed me more than Baston, which is why originally I suggest Maceo might end up cut. He looks pretty good too and he's easy to root for, but the hard fact seems to be that a good player is going to be cut no matter what.

McKeyFan
10-17-2006, 09:26 PM
No trade.

There will be the requisite number of cuts in the next 10 days, and then, "Say 'Hello' to Your Indiana Pacers."

Your "gangta" Indiana Pacers.

speakout4
10-17-2006, 10:15 PM
I think unless someone makes us a (from our POV and current situation) "good" offer for Jackson, I don't think so. I think they'll let Marshall go.

They need Armstrong and Sarunas for one more season and by bb standards these two will not be in the long term plans of the pacers whereas guys like marshall and powell could be around for a long time. If the Pacers could get their PG situation under control they wouldn't have to keep all these "extras" for insurance. Donnie and Larry should have done a better job to insure a consistent starting and backup PG situation. If they cut Marshall then they should have kept AJ who at least would have been a reliable backup and more able to produce than DA. This is starting to make no sense.

PacerPerspective
10-18-2006, 12:23 AM
If your trading Bowser I believe you gotta deal Boomer too...maybe get the crazy Gorilla from the Jazz or something intimidating...

grace
10-18-2006, 12:17 PM
If your trading Bowser I believe you gotta deal Boomer too...maybe get the crazy Gorilla from the Jazz or something intimidating...

The only way you trade Boomer is if Dancing Harry comes out of retirement.

PacerMan
10-18-2006, 12:26 PM
The only way you trade Boomer is if Dancing Harry comes out of retirement.

He died years ago.