PDA

View Full Version : Keeper League Draft

DisplacedKnick
10-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Just to fill everyone in, the site has now updated the options so we will have a live draft on the NBA.com site on Saturday, October 21 at 9:00 AM

15 minutes per pick

You can go in and rank players ahead of time - but for some reason it allows players I've already assigned to teams as keepers in the rankings.

Also, keep in mind that the default NBA.com rankings are based on their default scoring system - which isn't our scoring system

I have to look into another option - right now it has a "Missed picks before put on auto-pick" option. I believe auto-option corresponds to taking players from your ranking. If that's true, I'll set that to zero before the draft.

Also, I don't have the option of logging on as other owners - or if I do I haven't figured out how to do it yet. So if you're not going to be available for the draft, please log onto the site ahead of time and rank your players. Just remember not to enter a player that's on the protected list I sent out yesterday. I did check and the Keepers I entered are still there.

We're only making 60 picks so if you rank 60 you should be safe.

I'll be mostly unavailable until Thursday evening though I'll try to check in as much as possible.

Draft order is as follows - keep in mind that Hicks and Able rotate 1st and 2nd pick in each rd - Able picks 1st in the first & third rds, Hicks in the 2nd.

1. London
2. New Castle
3. Pierce County
4. Cinderella
5. Zion Canyon
6. W. Lafayette
7. Cedar City - From St. Somewhere as part of the Sam Cassell for Ron Artest Trade
8. Gotham City
9. NZ
10. Gnawbone
11. Harlem
12. Cleveland
13. Gotham City - From Dynamite as part of the Ely, Wallace and Hill for Swift and Francis trade
14. Manila
15. Bangkok
16. Denton
17. St. Somewhere - From Cedar City as part of the Sam Cassell for Ron Artest Trade
18. San Antonio
19. Bad News
20. Roaming Gnome

Also:

NZ owns Cedar City’s 2006 2nd rd draft pick as part of the Stephen Jackson for Jose Calderon trade

Dynamite owns Gotham City’s 2006 2nd rd pick as part of the Ely, Wallace and Hill for Swift and Francis trade

sweabs
10-17-2006, 12:34 AM
Gotham, or Gnawbone...

If either of you are interested in trading your first round pick please let me know.

SycamoreKen
10-17-2006, 11:15 PM
I spent some time on the site today and must let you all know that the preranking systrem is awful, especially compared to the old one we had and Yahoo's There is only one column and no exclude from list button. You have to move each player up and down the list to where you want them.

I'm probably going to generate my draft list on Excell, and then move the guys up the list on the site afterword. That is going to take forever, but those are the breaks for not being there. Unless someone wants to trade me a decent big for all of my picks.

Skaut_Ech
10-18-2006, 08:01 AM
Yeah, it (The ranking system) REALLY sucks. I finally started to take a look at it and...:mygod::soundoff:

I just can't get motivated anyways, now that Hoops.ws is gone. By now, I would have had a sheet ranking all the players already and would have been finishing up my research on their places in the rotation for their teams.

I haven't even been coming up with any trade/draft proposals and you KNOW that's not like me.:spitout:

DisplacedKnick
10-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Yeah - that ranking system blows.

As for prep, I haven't done a thing yet. Not so bad for the KL but for the ABA, going into it without a single ranking?

BTW - with how poor the system is, I won't be putting in the "auto-pick" option. For those who can make it, better we just manually select our players. For those who can't, well, it just sucks. :(

SycamoreKen
10-18-2006, 02:05 PM
If that is the case, then I really am looking to trade my picks instead of just losing them. I'll have to send out a league wide e-mail.

DisplacedKnick
10-18-2006, 05:59 PM
If that is the case, then I really am looking to trade my picks instead of just losing them. I'll have to send out a league wide e-mail.

Sorry - I didn't explain that real well. There's an option which has, "Number of missed picks before auto-pick" or something like that.

What the site does is wait 15 minutes before selecting from your list. Otherwise you just manually enter your picks (I'm not sure exactly how that works but I assume it'll be clear once the draft starts). I have an option of putting zero which means the site will just use the pre-draft ranking, without the manual entry.

I'm not going to do that - even if you aren't here it'll wait 15 minutes before selecting the player from your ranking.

You may want to send me a list as a backup because if something is screwy I can at least manually add the next available player for you, but I hope I don't have to do that.

Roaming Gnome
10-18-2006, 11:04 PM
This really sucks for me...I will not be anywhere near a PC Saturday & I can barely figure this stuff out...let alone explain it to my wife. One quick question...Are the protected players going to be off the draft boards? If I have my wife select for me, I could just trust her judgement if all the protected players are not on the draft board. If not, I will need someone to draft for me. Help help help...

If anyone would like to help me out...It would be greatly appreciated. Hey, I could play phone tag with someone during my picks, or something like that. anything.

DisplacedKnick
10-18-2006, 11:46 PM
This really sucks for me...I will not be anywhere near a PC Saturday & I can barely figure this stuff out...let alone explain it to my wife. One quick question...Are the protected players going to be off the draft boards? If I have my wife select for me, I could just trust her judgement if all the protected players are not on the draft board. If not, I will need someone to draft for me. Help help help...

If anyone would like to help me out...It would be greatly appreciated. Hey, I could play phone tag with someone during my picks, or something like that. anything.

If you e-mail me your 60 I can make sure your picks get in.

I sincerely hope all the protected players are taken off when the draft starts. They've already been assigned to teams (unless the site deleted them the last couple of days). Be kind of tough to draft them. I'll check it again Friday night.