PDA

View Full Version : I predict a break out year for Cro

McKeyFan
10-16-2006, 10:45 PM
I'm going to make a prediction now and see if it pans out: Austin Croshere will be a key player for Dallas and average a near double-double this year.

Why?

- Avery Johnson is a level-headed coach who will value Cro's good attitude and strong fundamentals. He is not a coach who would tolerate certain players cussing him out, nor will he be as whimsical in his substitutions.

- The Mavs best players are not interested in personal stats. They want a championship. Cro will get lots of good looks at the basket. Unlike at Indy, his teammates will pass it up willingly.

- These factors together will improve Austin's mindset, and cause his shooting percentage to greatly improve.

If this happens, many on this board will complain that Austin all of the sudden decided to play well after many years of mediocrity in Indianapolis. Not really. It will just be that finally the stars will align for him. With all the strange characters and difficult situations here, it's been hard for anyone in Pacerland to get a good astrological reading.

That's my prediction.

grace
10-16-2006, 10:49 PM
If this happens, many on this board will complain that Austin all of the sudden decided to play well after many years of mediocrity in Indianapolis. Not really. It will just be that finally the stars will align for him. With all the strange characters and difficult situations here, it's been hard for anyone in Pacerland to get a good astrological reading.

That's my prediction.

No, they'll say it's all Isiah's fault.

McKeyFan
10-16-2006, 10:50 PM
And there would be some truth to that.

Jermaniac
10-16-2006, 10:55 PM
I will change my name to Austianiac if he averages 10 points. If will record my self burning my Jermaine O'Neal jersey and post it on the internet if he averages 10 points per game.

rexnom
10-16-2006, 10:57 PM
I have to agree with Jermainiac. Austin simply is not that good. He is going to benefit immensely from the enormously talented Dallas squad, just like he benefited during the 99-00 season, but breakout year? Nah.

Jermaniac
10-16-2006, 10:59 PM
I dont care if him and Avery Johnson sit together after practice sing kumbaya, and draw pictures with crayons. When you are standing wide open for a 3 none of that **** matters, he missed them here he is going to miss them in Dallas. He is a great person and is a very good person to have in the locker room, but the man sucks at basketball. Sure he will have 2-3 good games every now and then but then he is going to suck for 15.

Evan_The_Dude
10-16-2006, 11:08 PM
I will change my name to Austianiac if he averages 10 points. If will record my self burning my Jermaine O'Neal jersey and post it on the internet if he averages 10 points per game.

Quit lyin'.

grace
10-16-2006, 11:18 PM
And there would be some truth to that.

Bull sh...

Bologna!

Unclebuck
10-16-2006, 11:22 PM
I just don't see Cro getting many minutes unless the Mavs have major injuries. That's not to say Cro can't be successful, but a breakout season? No way

Naptown_Seth
10-16-2006, 11:49 PM
It's a little late for a "breakout" season isn't it? He's not 27 you know.

More like "its about F'n time" if he does anything. The reality is that his BEST year was 10.3 ppg and 6.4 rpg, in the same season when he got 23.3 mpg on a FINALS team, the best regular season Pacers NBA season (at the time), while being coached by a recent COY winner in Larry Bird.

Now whatever you might think of Avery and the Mavs, sorry to say they aren't IMO better than the 2000 Pacers, and I'm 100% certain that Croshere now after 2 years of SERIOUS injury issues (broken rib/chest injury had him shooting sub 30% from 3, then last year he missed 2 months due to concussion issues) is not healthier nor as athletic, and probably not as good a total player because of that.

How is Avery going to get AC more than 24 mpg for that team or get more out of AC than even Bird and a surrounding of Miller, Smits, Davis, Rose, McKey, etc could get from him?

9 ppg? maybe. But "near" double double in some sense of more than he just did with the Pacers (thus the label "breakout") would require him to get his PPG over 10 and get his RPG closer to 8.5...something that is just not about to happen.

I liked AC for what he was, but at 31 headed for 32 by the end of this season, you've seen what he has. His been under 3 different coaches already and a ton of different team situations. His numbers have been very steady (per minute) through all of that. If Avery gets him 32 mpg then maybe you'll see that near double-double. Maybe.

JayRedd
10-17-2006, 12:16 AM
I'm going to make a prediction now and see if it pans out: Austin Croshere will be a key player for Dallas and average a near double-double this year.

If you consider 12 mpg and 6.2 ppg a "near double-double" than yes, you will be correct.

Otherwise...not so much.

Anthem
10-17-2006, 12:31 AM
A double-double is a pretty strong claim, considering Austin's career rebounding averages.

Also, I'm not sure how 10ppg is a breakout year.

Just
10-17-2006, 12:40 AM
Double double? :lmao:

sig
10-17-2006, 11:39 PM
The only thing Croshere will be breaking out from is that gift of a contract.

He'll be lucky to average much more than 10 minutes per game unless dirk gets hurt. He was not brought down hear to Dallas to take shots other than an occasional 3 or a garbage bucket. The Mavs have enuff players to shoot the ball and Avery wants the centers to shoot the ball more. I hope that means Diop and DJ and not Damp or Cro. Damp has stone hands and plaese no Cro at center like we saw with KVH last year.

Speed
10-18-2006, 08:25 AM
He'll be lucky to average much more than 10 minutes per game unless dirk gets hurt. .

I agree, I think it would be great if he was a big factor, but I don't see it, he won't get minutes.

LoneGranger33
10-18-2006, 08:30 AM
I predict a break out year for Scot Pollard...

Slick Pinkham
10-18-2006, 09:10 AM
I predict a break out year for Displaced Knick aka Rimfire.

He will break out the champagne when Isiah Lord Thomas finally gets canned.

Evan_The_Dude
10-18-2006, 10:39 AM
I expect a breakout year for Stephen Jackson...

cmon, don't tell me you didn't get that joke...

McKeyFan
10-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Yeah, it was pretty good. The Shaw-Jax Redemption.

Speed
10-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Yeah, it was pretty good. The Shaw-Jax Redemption.

Now my good friend Stephen Jackson better get busy living.....

OakMoses
10-18-2006, 11:35 AM
Last year Keith Van Horn averaged 8.9 points and and 3.6 rebounds in 20.6 min/game for Dallas. I see Cro filling a very similar role this year. He's a little better rebounder than Van Horn, so I'd say something like 9 points and 5 rebounds per game is reasonable.

Evan_The_Dude
10-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Last year Keith Van Horn averaged 8.9 points and and 3.6 rebounds in 20.6 min/game for Dallas. I see Cro filling a very similar role this year. He's a little better rebounder than Van Horn, so I'd say something like 9 points and 5 rebounds per game is reasonable.

I hear Croshere makes an awsome water.

JayRedd
10-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Now my good friend Stephen Jackson better get busy living.....

I'd much rather see "JAX WAS HERE" carved next to Brooks' name.

8.9_seconds
10-18-2006, 02:39 PM
I think that with the right amount of playing time the 10 points is possible and maybe a near double double, but in any case I think that Austin will make a great contribution to the team.

Like He made here....

LoneGranger33
10-18-2006, 06:14 PM
I expect a breakout year for Stephen Jackson...

cmon, don't tell me you didn't get that joke...

greatest post ever.

spreedom
10-19-2006, 01:06 AM
The Mavs won't want to or need to give Austin the PT he'd need to average 10ppg... I say he'll average around 7 points and 3.5 boards a game in about 12 minutes of play, and that will be all they'd need from him to consider him a sufficient backup to Dirk. All he needs to do is keep the ship afloat when Dirk is getting some rest.. he doesn't need to set the league on fire or anything.