PDA

View Full Version : Post game thread: Wolves and Pacers

McKeyFan
10-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Well, the speed and athleticism we saw in the first game has been replaced with JO and Jackson. Here we go again.

Tins looked good in spots and terrible in more spots.

I thought Runi had a good game. He missed a few shots, but our best offensive showing was when he was at the helm, IIRC.

David Harrison cannot grow up.

I guess Rick played the guys on the bubble tonight to just make sure who he's going to cut. And you do you guys think it will be?

pacers31tc
10-16-2006, 11:00 PM
ARENA: Conseco Fieldhouse, Indianapolis,IN
ATTENDANCE: 38,912 DURATION: 2:28

Anybody else notice this? 40,000 Pacers fans jammed in the 18,345 seat Fieldhouse to see us get beat in preseason? That's like 2 fans per seat.

:hmm:

Unclebuck
10-16-2006, 11:01 PM
I didn't see any of the game, so I'm waiting for those who saw it either in person or on Directv

Los Angeles
10-16-2006, 11:30 PM
I didn't see any of the game, so I'm waiting for those who saw it either in person or on Directv

I had some thoughts in the game thread.

I just don't have the energy to write a game report today - maybe I'll get to it tomorrow.

JBones19
10-16-2006, 11:30 PM
Just got back from the game-
My first post-game thoughts so go easy on me,

-First off, anyone know where Josh Powell was? He wasn't on the bench in street clothes or in uniform, my buddy and I were worried he may have gotten cut, but that would be dumb.

-James White can be an effective defender if he learns how to not get ticky tacky and hand check fouls against him.

-Harrison needs to work on his footwork and positioning when defending and rebounding in the paint, he was out-rebounded by Justin Reed (!) and Mark Madsen more than once.

-I don't see any way Snap makes the team, his defense was sub-par at best.

-Baston, I feel, will contribute this year, but he still needs to work on his post D. He fits perfectly what we're trying to do on offense, and he had the play of the night by tomhawking one over Madsen.

-Rawle Marshall had another decent night, he can really attack the rim and finish and he is a compotent defender.

-Shawne Williams is going to be an excellent rebounder for us if he adds some bulk, more than once he was on the offensive boards in between two Wolves trying to rebound or tip the ball in. And he needs to learn to hit that 10-15 footer, he had that shot all night.

-JO, Tinsley, Jax, Granger, I lump them all together because they all had pretty much the game you would expect them to have this early in the pre season. Nothing spectacular,on par.

-Saras really ran the offense pretty well tonight with the starters, nothing great, he finally started hitting some open shots, his team D looks like it is better.

-Foster- Like most of you, I was worried about his D the last two games. Tonight he looked MUCH better. He played great D, got his share of rebounds and guarded Garnett in the post more than once and always had a hand in his face.

Thats all I can think of now, other than the fact the last 8 minutes of the game lasted FOREVER and the refs needed to swallow their whistles.

Unclebuck
10-16-2006, 11:31 PM
I had some thoughts in the game thread.

I just don't have the energy to write a game report today - maybe I'll get to it tomorrow.

What it's only 8:30 your time, you better get the energy. J/K

Robertmto
10-16-2006, 11:48 PM
I didn't catch the game, how did Bracey Wright look?

Naptown_Seth
10-17-2006, 12:08 AM
I didn't see it, but I don't see where the "here we go again" comment comes from when I look at the play by play that with players like Jack, JO, Tins and Danny in the Pacers were winning the game and were consistantly close for most of the first 3 quarters.

With Snap, Williams, Baston, Rawle, and White in, with Jack in for the first part of the 4th, the team fell apart. Baston I assume was playing the FIVE, with Williams at the 4 and then Rawle or Jack playing some 3.

That to me is clearly a "I need to cut someone" lineup. Even Lampley saw some PT in the 4th.

Powell out for respitory infection, no Daniels, no Greene obviously (clearly the X factor in the game 1 victory), no Harrington. Honestly to me when I look at the box score and PxP I think it looks like a standard, solid preseason game.

Noting Marshall - I assume the 4th quarter FTs were due to attacking the basket. I see his inside scores in the first quarter with the main team, and that looks nice. Consistant with what he's shown so far (ability to get inside for shots).

I wonder if Baston could end up as the other cut if Marshall and Powell keep showing efforts like they have been. I like Baston's game too, and if Shawne was an older FA like Baston I would cut him instead, but you know he's going to grow. Baston is good, but I don't know if he's looked better than Powell or Marshall.

Unclebuck
10-17-2006, 12:16 AM
I wonder if Baston could end up as the other cut if Marshall and Powell keep showing efforts like they have been. I like Baston's game too, and if Shawne was an older FA like Baston I would cut him instead, but you know he's going to grow. Baston is good, but I don't know if he's looked better than Powell or Marshall.

Kevin Lee was saying on his post game show tonight that Baston has guaranteed money at well over a million dollars, so he won't be cut

Frank Slade
10-17-2006, 12:19 AM
Perhaps it was already mentioned, but Carlisle indicated Tinsley was elbowed in the face and will be getting x-rays. He's hoping it's not a fracture, but it could be :confused:

Naptown_Seth
10-17-2006, 12:26 AM
Kevin Lee was saying on his post game show tonight that Baston has guaranteed money at well over a million dollars, so he won't be cut
So does Edwards. Talent is more of an issue right now, this team WILL cut guaranteed money, there's no way around it without a trade.

Frank, I heard that too on the post-game on the way home from work. I'm sure people are saying "here we go again", but having not seen the play RC made it sound like it was enough of a shot that you could see how it might be a fracture, but probably not. Hopefully just a tough bruise and nothing more. Or will Tinsley have to end up rocking the Rip-Hannibal.

McKeyFan
10-17-2006, 08:15 PM
I didn't see it, but I don't see where the "here we go again" comment comes from when I look at the play by play that with players like Jack, JO, Tins and Danny in the Pacers were winning the game and were consistantly close for most of the first 3 quarters.

Yes, it's true they were winning (or, really, about even) when JO and Jax were in there. But it was still slow ball. Way different from game one.

But I'll give you the fact that Quis and Al were gone. That made a difference.

Unclebuck
10-17-2006, 09:20 PM
So does Edwards. Talent is more of an issue right now, this team WILL cut guaranteed money, there's no way around it without a trade.

Frank, I heard that too on the post-game on the way home from work. I'm sure people are saying "here we go again", but having not seen the play RC made it sound like it was enough of a shot that you could see how it might be a fracture, but probably not. Hopefully just a tough bruise and nothing more. Or will Tinsley have to end up rocking the Rip-Hannibal.

Baston I think is close to 1.5, Edwards is at 1 million, but Edwards is horrible he just isn't an NBA player, Baston is an NBA player.