PDA

View Full Version : Rawle Marshall Draft Report...Compared to Reggie!

MunciePacerBabe
10-16-2006, 08:08 PM
I was looking up some stats on Rawle Marshall because I thought he started at Ball State. He did and then left for Oakland. I just thought this was an interesting article about him as he was entering the draft. Just wanted to share. Sounds like Slick likes him alot! Sounds like a keeper.

sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=2051058&prov=st&type=lgns

Rawle Marshall Draft Capsule

June 28, 2005

VITALS: 6-7, 190, Oakland

OVERVIEW: Marshall averaged 20 points and 11 rebounds in earning MVP honors in the Mid-Continent Conference tournament and leading Oakland to the NCAA Tournament. After playing in 13 games as a freshman at Ball State, Marshall transferred and made two first-team All Conference teams in three years for Oakland. The 23-year-old finished his career second in school history with 1,671 points and second with 229 steals.

LIKELY DRAFT POSITION: Middle of the second round.

COMPARATIVE UPSIDE: Eddie Robinson

COMPARATIVE DOWNSIDE: Quinton Ross

ROLE PROJECTION: Reserve small forward.

POSITIVES: Marshall has a very quick first step to the basket; once he is on his way, his acceleration is excellent. He has shown some ability to create shots for others after he drives to the basket, although in college his main responsibility was to score. He is extremely athletic and is one of those rare players who appears to cover a lot of ground without running that hard. He seems to be gliding but is actually moving around well.

SHORTCOMINGS: Marshall has some wiry strength, a la Reggie Miller, but will need to increase his overall body strength to survive in the NBA. Even small forwards in the NBA are bigger than his 187 pounds, and he will have to fight through being posted up by the Jerry Stackhouses of the NBA. If he is lucky, Marshall can stick on a roster.

Updated on Tuesday, Jun 28, 2005 6:05 am EDT

Anthem
10-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Sounds like a keeper.
Instead of who? I'd like to keep him, too, but we have a lot of players I'd like to keep.

I wish we'd upgrade some of our midlevel players (Jack, Foster, Sarunas) so that we had more room for projects.

BlueNGold
10-16-2006, 08:33 PM
It would be nice to trade a couple players to make room for both Rawle and Greene.

Kstat
10-16-2006, 09:42 PM
As someone who watched Rawle at OU, comparing him to Reggie is a crime against scouting.

Young
10-16-2006, 09:57 PM
They aren't comparing Marshall's game to Reggie's, rather his strength.

"Marshall has some wiry strength, a la Reggie Miller"

MagicRat
10-16-2006, 09:59 PM
What I got out of that is that they're both skinny......

Kstat
10-16-2006, 10:12 PM
They aren't comparing Marshall's game to Reggie's, rather his strength.

"Marshall has some wiry strength, a la Reggie Miller"

They play nothing alike, but they're both skinny. GOtcha.

Probably from the same scout who compared Childress to Reggie Miller....

Pacesetter
10-17-2006, 12:48 AM
Greene and Rawle are our keepers!

Naptown_Seth
10-17-2006, 12:53 AM
As someone who watched Rawle at OU, comparing him to Reggie is a crime against scouting.
They play nothing alike, but they're both skinny. GOtcha.

Probably from the same scout who compared Childress to Reggie Miller....
It was listed under SHORTCOMINGS. As said, it simply says that while he is thin he has some strength.

The only confusion is the thread title that suggests that the scout somehow used a Reggie comparison to suggest some type of greatness or similarity of game. Reggie just became the mark of guys that look too scrawny to play but somehow have enough strength to overcome it (see Rip Hamilton).

imawhat
10-17-2006, 01:56 PM
I got to see Rawle play in college. He was quite intimidating for a guy his size. What I mean is that he played with authority, and it was kind of unexpected from such a wiry guy. The crowd was heckling him until he threw one down and then blocked a shot on the next play.

hoopsforlife
10-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Both of them have the initials RM.
After that it isn't too clear yet.

Ultimate Frisbee
10-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Lol... compared in the shortcomings section!