View Full Version : IndyStar - Pacers' Harrington out for tonight

MagicRat
10-16-2006, 01:38 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061016/SPORTS04/61016063

October 16, 2006

Pacers' Harrington out for tonight
<!--PRINTER FRIENDLY ARTICLE-->
By Mike Wells
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--document.write(''+'mike.wells'+'@'+'indystar.com'+ ' (http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/+)');//--></SCRIPT>mike.wells@indystar.com (mike.wells@indystar.com)
October 16, 2006

Indiana Pacers forward Al Harrington will miss tonight’s preseason game against the Minnesota Timberwolves so he can rest some minor injuries.
Harrington left in the third quarter of Saturday’s game against Utah with a sore hip.
“He was a little banged up the other night,” Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said. “I just want to give him a day to make sure he’s 100 percent. He’s been going everyday straight.”

Jeff Foster will start alongside Jermaine O’Neal and Danny Granger in the frontcourt.

Carlisle said Sarunas Jasikevicius will start at point guard tonight because Jamaal Tinsley had a personal issue to tend to in New York and he wasn’t back in time for the team’s shoot-around this morning.

Los Angeles
10-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Rat, you're a brave man posting the line about Tinsley.

I mean you must a glutton for abuse. ;)

Speed
10-16-2006, 01:45 PM
Jamaal Tinsley had a personal issue to tend to in New York and he wasn’t back in time for the team’s shoot-around this morning.

Here we go again, can we take care of all our personal issues in the 4 months that they are off in the summer, get all of the boys nights out, all of the altercations all out of the way, untucked shirts, crying to "the man"/refs like a spoiled little girl, I know its alot to cram it all into a 4 month period, but come on it's a really good paying job can we just show up and try, is it too much to ask, wow. When are these guys gonna grow up and be men?

MagicRat
10-16-2006, 01:48 PM
Rat, you're a brave man posting the line about Tinsley.

I mean you must a glutton for abuse. ;)

Actually, I first heard he missed the shootaround during a "Sportscenter" break on ESPN 950 with no mention of the cause, so I was preparing myself to deal with the backlash of an injury/sinus problem..........:fight:

This isn't so bad.

Isaac
10-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Here we go again, can we take care of all our personal issues in the 4 months that they are off in the summer, get all of the boys nights out, all of the altercations all out of the way, untucked shirts, crying to "the man"/refs like a spoiled little girl, I know its alot to cram it all into a 4 month period, but come on it's a really good paying job can we just show up and try, is it too much to ask, wow. When are these guys gonna grow up and be men?

Hah, incredible. The guy misses a preseason game because of a personal issue and you attack him. How the **** do you know what the personal issue is? I bet you've had personal issues that have caused you to miss something before. Probably something more important then a preseason game too. There are a lot of things it could be where you wouldn't attack him but since it doesn't give details you assume its because its nothing important.

BlueNGold
10-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Small ball will break the backs of JO and Al.

Los Angeles
10-16-2006, 01:50 PM

And if he went to NY for a funeral or to take care of a sick child? How would you feel then?

Speed
10-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Hah, incredible. The guy misses a preseason game because of a personal issue and you attack him. How the **** do you know what the personal issue is? I bet you've had personal issues that have caused you to miss something before. Probably something more important then a preseason game too. There are a lot of things it could be where you wouldn't attack him but since it doesn't give details you assume its because its nothing important.

That's true, it is just this one isolated incident, not a series of ongoing things that form a pattern of behavior for him and many on the team that would directly lead anyone to not give him or any of the players that complete benefit of doubt.

Since he has this one legitimate item, that I overeacted to, I take it back, I'll sweep this up in the dust pan so to speak, tuck it in a little baggie on the passenger side of my ride. I'm just a little overeactive from this sinus infection, I guess.

Speed
10-16-2006, 01:58 PM
And if he went to NY for a funeral or to take care of a sick child? How would you feel then?

Then it's a very good reason. Is that the case?

Speed
10-16-2006, 02:00 PM

Also, if you read closely, I attack Mel, Jax, Daniels, Snap, and Harrison, along with any other player who can't A.) Show up B.) Try hard and I'll throw in C.) don't get arrested.

Los Angeles
10-16-2006, 02:02 PM

Don't know and probably never will.

They usually call those things "sinusitis".

larry
10-16-2006, 02:21 PM
He missed practice so he he doesn't start.
I thought that was RC cola's rule.
I thought that the guy could still come off the bench.
Its honestly probably something worse. I was hoping an extension for Carlisle would keep the players a bit more on alert. I mean, I go to school full-time & pull in a full-time job in which I've called in 1 time in over 2 years. I have to abide by a dress code & I barely get by in an apartment. I just can't justify spending my free time or entertainment money which I don't have on the Pacers. I could of had an Xbox 360 in my living room instead of watching the debacle out on the floor. I really think they just have to cut strings w/ some players. You are in Indiana & we don't pay for this. It goes against everything our people stand for. My dad chose not to renew his season tickets in which he used for potential clients. He said nobody wanted the tickets, so he would end up giving them away. He as I have always said was 1 of those Jack haters. He vowed to never watch again as long as Jack is a Pacer. My grandpa pulled out after the fight. He isn't coming back. I still care if I'm on this site, obviously. I'm just not buying tickets. I wonder how many Indiana families are close to this state regarding the Pacers?

BlueNGold
10-16-2006, 02:42 PM
Is Baston or Daniels playing tonight?

Speed
10-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Is Baston or Daniels playing tonight?

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/digest_061016.html

BASTON RETURNS; DANIELS DAY-TO-DAY
Veteran power forward Maceo Baston is expected to return to action tonight against the Timberwolves. He sat out Saturday night's game with a sore right foot. Harrington, who sat out the fourth quarter with a sore lower back, will play. Marquis Daniels, who played four minutes in the opener and sat out the Utah game with a sore right hamstring, is listed as day-to-day. Center John Edwards (strained groin) and point guard Orien Greene (broken left pinky finger) are out.

MagicRat
10-16-2006, 02:46 PM
I thought that the guy could still come off the bench.

I assume he's playing, unless you've read something I haven't?..........:whoknows:

Unclebuck
10-16-2006, 03:12 PM
"Jamaal Tinsley had a personal issue to tend to in New
York"

The fact that we even give this statement a second look says it all. Very few of us trust Tinsley

Hicks
10-16-2006, 04:13 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/digest_061016.html

BASTON RETURNS; DANIELS DAY-TO-DAY
Veteran power forward Maceo Baston is expected to return to action tonight against the Timberwolves. He sat out Saturday night's game with a sore right foot. Harrington, who sat out the fourth quarter with a sore lower back, will play. Marquis Daniels, who played four minutes in the opener and sat out the Utah game with a sore right hamstring, is listed as day-to-day. Center John Edwards (strained groin) and point guard Orien Greene (broken left pinky finger) are out.

:huh:

Naptown_Seth
10-16-2006, 04:32 PM
His mother's cancer and then her funeral are the reasons he missed many days during Rick's first season, after spending the first 2 months unable to get out of Rick's DNP-Coach's Decision doghouse (including being moved off the 12 man altogether at one point).

But somehow this became a season of injuries and lame excuses for missed games, which then led people to say "3 seasons in a row of these issues".

I don't deny the last 2 seasons have been a problem, but it sincerely ticks me off how people wrap Rick's first season into the "Tinsley issue". The very fact that they do count Tinsley's time off for his mother's illness and death is one reason I don't buy into the sincerety behind SOME of the anti-Tinsley rantings.

So when I see people mad about personal reasons again I find it a pretty weak complaint. It's the preseason and he didn't get back in time. No big deal, the team is being consistant in saying missing the shootaround will impact your playing time, even if the reason was a good one.

I trust fans complaining about personal time off as much as I trust Tinsley sitting with sinus issues (he may have sinusitus, I'm just not sold he couldn't play through it).

And the first 10 minutes of tonight's game will probably remind fans why the Pacers stuck with Tinsley in the first place.

rexnom
10-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Btw, I call a big game by Danny tonight. I think he gets lost with both JO and Al sometimes.

JayRedd
10-16-2006, 04:38 PM
Look on the bright side...If he doesn't play, he can't get hurt.

Well, unless he falls off the jetway at LaGuardia. D'oh.

ChicagoJ
10-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Uh... his mother's cancer was during Isiah's last year. When JO's stepfather shot himself... When Austin's father in law died...

When Brad broke down for the playoffs...

When Ron became Mr. Flagrant foul...

Kegboy
10-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Uh... his mother's cancer was during Isiah's last year. When JO's stepfather shot himself... When Austin's father in law died...

When Brad broke down for the playoffs...

When Ron became Mr. Flagrant foul...

Yep, and Isiah took the fall for all of it.

:stirthepot:

Evan_The_Dude
10-16-2006, 05:16 PM
I call a big game for Snap Hunter tonight.

Pacesetter
10-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Al's already proven to me he is lightyears ahead of where he was before leaving Indy. If he sits out the rest of preseason to rest up for the real season, I'd totally understand. Let others step up and be recognized. I still want to see what Rawle and Josh can do.

As for who we keep, and who goes; I think it's Greene's to lose, and the toss up is between Josh and Rawle. JMO.

I'm planning to be there, and cannot wait to see it. I'm expecting a ferocious intensity on defense.