PDA

View Full Version : Can we reign it in a little?

Eindar
10-15-2006, 02:50 AM
I've seen a couple of those "Tony Delk" threads recently, where people are proclaiming rookies and has-beens as the next Lebron. I'd like for us to try to keep it in perspective a little.

Yes, Fred Jones had a nice first game.

Yes, Deron Williams is playing very well.

Yes, I saw the line on Rajon Rondo.

Yes, I understand how good Marcus Williams is going to be.

and now, to put it into perspective

Curry, Eddy: 25 pts, 10 rbs, 10-13 from the field. At least, that's what NBA.com says. I'm having a hard time believing it. :)

rexnom
10-15-2006, 03:09 AM
I've seen a couple of those "Tony Delk" threads recently, where people are proclaiming rookies and has-beens as the next Lebron. I'd like for us to try to keep it in perspective a little.

Yes, Fred Jones had a nice first game.

Yes, Deron Williams is playing very well.

Yes, I saw the line on Rajon Rondo.

Yes, I understand how good Marcus Williams is going to be.

and now, to put it into perspective

Curry, Eddy: 25 pts, 10 rbs, 10-13 from the field. At least, that's what NBA.com says. I'm having a hard time believing it. :)
I agree with most of the above but you really haven't seen Rajon Rondo. I think the Williams vs. Williams debate is legit but it's something that we can understand because, to me, Williams is a Tinsley-esque player. Rondo, however, is looking exactly like something the Pacers could have used. And I'm telling you, kid is looking good. And this coming from someone who liked the Shawne Williams pick.

Hicks
10-15-2006, 11:35 AM
I heard Rondo has an attitude problem, so Boston can have him. I'll always wonder about drafting the other Williams though.

Knucklehead Warrior
10-15-2006, 11:45 AM
Uh, it's preseason.

rexnom
10-15-2006, 01:33 PM
I heard Rondo has an attitude problem, so Boston can have him. I'll always wonder about drafting the other Williams though.
Logically, I think their history might have figured into why we, specifically, passed on them both. Maybe we were determined not to fall in love with talent.

Putnam
10-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Can we reign it in a little?

eindar is write. If we don't reign inn hour enthusiasm four players wheel just bee waisting hour thyme. Wee should weight and sea how they dew over the whole season.