PDA

View Full Version : Fred Jones looking good...

Anthem
10-15-2006, 01:57 AM
Anybody see his line tonight?

We may have kept the wrong shooting guard.

Destined4Greatness
10-15-2006, 02:01 AM
A) One Game

B) One Game in Preseason

C) I have it from a reliable source that Fred was the cancer in the lockerroom, he was always starting fights with Jack, AJ, and Granger about how one of them should be benched so he could start. Makes sense if you take into account we let him go for nothing

sweabs
10-15-2006, 02:02 AM
Toronto played tonight?

P.S. I have a man-crush for Brian Colangelo.

PacerFan31
10-15-2006, 02:03 AM
Anybody see his line tonight?

We may have kept the wrong shooting guard.

Look at his stats b4 tonight. It's been said at least 1000 times, but I'll say it again, it's pre-season.

sweabs
10-15-2006, 02:10 AM
Seriously - where are his stats from tonight in the first place? Am I going senile? Honestly - I have no recollection of the Raps playing tonight.

Just
10-15-2006, 02:13 AM
wtf, wheres this line your talkin about?

denyfizle
10-15-2006, 05:10 AM
Fred who?!?!?! you mean Mike Jones? Why we even talkin about Fred Jones. Yea he was fun to watch, but dude argued and complained against refs as much as Jack did and he was never consistent.

ajbry
10-15-2006, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I'd rather have kept an inconsistent, short SG who is already 27, over Jack.

Fred was nice for us, but he didn't want to stay - not a big deal.

317Kim
10-15-2006, 10:52 AM
:innocent:

Yeah, he's pretty good.

When they played the Celtics, he had 14 points, 8 boards, and 7assists.

Jermaniac
10-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Fred always has that string of games when he makes us say WOW Lets start Fred Jones, then he *removed* for 2 months and gets something from his fist to elbow hurt and cant shoot.

Jermaniac
10-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Serioulsy? Sucks has to be removed from every post? WTF. What are we supposed to say? He didnt play up to his abilities? Thought this was a forum where we talk about basketball, not everydamn player has to be liked.

Hicks
10-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Read the rules; its explained there.

rexnom
10-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Read the rules; its explained there.
Yeah, but isn't "sucks" pretty tame?

Roy Munson
10-15-2006, 02:15 PM
C) I have it from a reliable source that Fred was the cancer in the lockerroom, he was always starting fights with Jack, AJ, and Granger about how one of them should be benched so he could start. Makes sense if you take into account we let him go for nothing

BS. BS. BS. And a big lie.

This is just flat out not true. State your 'reliable source'. Freddy didn't care about starting...just wanted to play, which he did, so he was OK with that. I don't know how many conversations you had with him about htat, but from the conversations I had, I know this to be true.

Pacersfan46
10-15-2006, 02:22 PM

This is just flat out not true. State your 'reliable source'. Freddy didn't care about starting...just wanted to play, which he did, so he was OK with that. I don't know how many conversations you had with him about htat, but from the conversations I had, I know this to be true.

You don't have to argue w/ him. He is who he is, and everyone knows he's not right. You don't need to correct him for anyone to know better.

I read it, and just laughed. He's funny, when you really think about it.

Destined4Greatness
10-15-2006, 02:29 PM

You yell at me to state my source and you don't seem to state your source for your opinions.

Mine is a guy that has interned with the Colts and Pacers during the summers. He is a sports marketing and management major I think. I work with him.

It makes sense if you think about it. Why did we let Fred go for NOTHING. Why did fred choose to use that abandonement to go to a completely crappy team, IE a team he would have a better chance of getting either a starters role or a sixth man role.

rexnom
10-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Does it matter? Freddie is a classic "big numbers on a crappy team" guy. There is no way Freddie is a starter on a playoff team. It's that simple. He couldn't accept that.

Kstat
10-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Freddie always struck me as an exceedingly nice guy.

I'm sure he'll do very well in toronto. He just needed a place where he could win a full-time starting job, much like Mike James last year.

3rdStrike
10-15-2006, 02:48 PM
It makes sense if you think about it. Why did we let Fred go for NOTHING. Why did fred choose to use that abandonement to go to a completely crappy team, IE a team he would have a better chance of getting either a starters role or a sixth man role.

#1. Because Al Harrington >>> Fred Jones, and money is/was tight.

#2. Jones went to the Raptors because the Pacers initially signed the sheet to match any offer, and then rescinded it. They greatly reduced his number of suitors. He said it, his agent said it.

Anyway, Toronto was probably the best place for Jones to play. He'll get a lot of minutes there. On his great night, by the way, he shot 2-for-10 including 0-for-5 from beyond the arc.

Good luck to him, but I don't think he'll be missed on the court.

Kstat
10-15-2006, 02:58 PM
So Freddie Jones is a cancer because he left Indiana? :wtf:

Pacersfan46
10-15-2006, 03:04 PM

Look out Bulls, that Ben Wallace must be a regular locker room cancer too! ;)

Destined4Greatness
10-15-2006, 03:05 PM
What the hell does al harrington have to do with Keeping fred, seriously thats not even close to something that makes sense.

Because we got al we didn't need freddie. Because Al is such a spectacular presence at SG.

Destined4Greatness
10-15-2006, 03:05 PM

And i said that where. HE might be a cancer because we let him go for flat out nothing. We were so anxious to get rid of him we rescinded our offer sheet.

Pacersfan46
10-15-2006, 03:07 PM
And i said that where. HE might be a cancer because we let him go for flat out nothing. We were so anxious to get rid of him we rescinded our offer sheet.

LOL!

Told you guys he's funny!

Kstat
10-15-2006, 03:25 PM
And i said that where. HE might be a cancer because we let him go for flat out nothing. We were so anxious to not pay $7 million in luxury tax penalties for him we rescinded our offer sheet.

There, fixed.

It made no sense to NOT make him the qualifying $2 million offer, but when the raptors offered him about $4 million per year, which would have been doubled under the luxury tax, it made little sense to shell out $8 million a season for him.

Unclebuck
10-15-2006, 04:49 PM
I thought when we acquired Daniels that was when the Pacers rescinded the offer to Freddie. I could be wrong though, my moemory is not that good on this.

Destined4Greatness
10-15-2006, 05:31 PM
No but what we do is offer him the same money as the Raptors and force them to trade us some washed up draftee from the 90's and get ourselves a valuable trade exception for um nothing.

See guys I know you are anxious to act like jerks and seem smart but learn something about what they could have done before you post.

Kstat
10-15-2006, 05:52 PM
No but what we do is offer him the same money as the Raptors and force them to trade us some washed up draftee from the 90's and get ourselves a valuable trade exception for um nothing.

Huh?

Did I not just tell you that the Pacers weren't willing to pay $8 million for Freddie Jones?

You DO realize you cant sign a guy and then trade him the next day, right?

Matching Toronto's offer would have done exactly that, and then they'd be stuck with him.