PDA

View Full Version : Jazz guard Fisher taken to hospital for X-rays after fall (ESPN.com)

RoboHicks
10-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Utah guard Derek Fisher was taken to ahospital for X-rays after he fell during the first quarter of theJazz's preseason game against the Indiana Pacers on Saturday night.

More... (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2625941&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines)

Destined4Greatness
10-14-2006, 09:25 PM
Do you get payed to post every aticle that comes up on ESPN?

Pacersfan46
10-14-2006, 09:28 PM

lmao

Lord Helmet
10-14-2006, 09:33 PM
It's an RSS feed. If you didn't know.

LG33
10-14-2006, 09:41 PM
****! Get well soon D-Fish

!Pacers-Fan!
10-14-2006, 09:55 PM
Post the Whole ****, Dammit.

Evan_The_Dude
10-14-2006, 10:09 PM
It was a very ugly fall. He tried to walk off the floor under his own power and could hardly do that after stopping a few times. He hit his head pretty hard too.

Hicks
10-15-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm amazed at the number of people here who don't get that it's not a real person posting them; it's an RSS feed from ESPN.com. And if ESPN allowed RSS feeds to post entire articles, then so would RoboHicks, but they don't so "it" can't.

Los Angeles
10-15-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm amazed that someone takes the time to post a complaint about not seeing the whole article but won't take the time to use ctrl+c, ctrl+v.

Look how easy it is:

Jazz guard Fisher falls, has bruised pelvisESPN.com news services

INDIANAPOLIS -- Utah guard Derek Fisher suffered a bruised pelvis after he fell during the first quarter of the Jazz's preseason game against the Indiana Pacers on Saturday night, a Jazz spokesperson told The Deseret News.

Fisher drove to the basket and collided with Indiana forward Jermaine O'Neal while attempting a shot with 7:09 left in the quarter. Fisher, who was whistled for an offensive foul, hit his back and head on the floor.

He remained down for several minutes before being helped to the Jazz locker room. Jazz spokeswoman Cindy Edman said Fisher was taken to the hospital for additional X-rays of his pelvis after X-rays at Conseco Fieldhouse were unclear.

The Salt Lake Tribune reported that Fisher will be examined again Tuesday when the Jazz return to Salt Lake City.

Edman told The Deseret News of Salt Lake City that Fisher has a bruised pelvis, and that there was no immediate timetable for his return.

The loss of Fisher raises concerns about depth in Utah's young backcourt. Behind Fisher and Deron Williams are rookies Dee Brown and Brian Chase.

"That's a good question," Sloan told the Deseret News when asked if Brown and Chase are ready to handle more minutes. "I don't think either one of them is quite ready for that, because they still are struggling with what we're trying to do," he added.

"We'll just have to see how they can do if you put them out there. If not, we have to get a veteran player if that's the way it works," Sloan told the newspaper.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Hicks
10-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Indeed. Complaining takes more time and effort.

JayRedd
10-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Is RoboHicks going to post every NBA related story all season long?

I like the idea and all, and it is nice to have a collection NBA headlines on here to check out, but it seems like even with the 1-2 pointless stories that get posted each day, actual Pacer discussion threads are getting buried. I've already noticed at least a few threads that seemed like they should have had a longer shelf life get lost under a pile of "Tyronne Lue eats a ham sandwich" threads. Once the season starts, the media output is probably going to triple at least.

Maybe having sub-forum or something for "The League" or "Media Articles" would help.

Moses
10-16-2006, 11:49 AM
Is RoboHicks going to post every NBA related story all season long?

I like the idea and all, and it is nice to have a collection NBA headlines on here to check out, but it seems like even with the 1-2 pointless stories that get posted each day, actual Pacer discussion threads are getting buried. I've already noticed at least a few threads that seemed like they should have had a longer shelf life get lost under a pile of "Tyronne Lue eats a ham sandwich" threads. Once the season starts, the media output is probably going to triple at least.

Maybe having sub-forum or something for "The League" or "Media Articles" would help.
Tyronn Lue eating ham sandwiches is very serious business.

On a side-note, that guy is probably in the top 5 of ugliest in the NBA.

JayRedd
10-16-2006, 11:57 AM
Tyronn Lue eating ham sandwiches is very serious business.

On a side-note, that guy is probably in the top 5 of ugliest in the NBA.

1st Team All Ugly
PG - Sam Cassell
SG - Kirk Hinrich
SF - PopEye Jones (lifetime member)
PF - Calvin Booth
C - Chris Kaman

Coach - Gregg Popovich

grace
10-16-2006, 10:31 PM
1st Team All Ugly
PG - Sam Cassell
SG - Kirk Hinrich
SF - PopEye Jones (lifetime member)
PF - Calvin Booth
C - Chris Kaman

Coach - Gregg Popovich

No way are Kirk and Gregg on this list. I would tell you which coach I think is less attractive than Gregg, but then I'd get banned so I'm keeping my mouth shut. :innocent:

Evan_The_Dude
10-16-2006, 10:39 PM
No way are Kirk and Gregg on this list. I would tell you which coach I think is less attractive than Gregg, but then I'd get banned so I'm keeping my mouth shut. :innocent:

Who? Scott Skiles? :zip:

grace
10-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Who? Scott Skiles? :zip:

:pissed: O.K. I don't care if it gets me banned.

First of all:

:kicknuts: :kicknuts: :kicknuts:

As for the real answer to the question:

:bird:

Bad grace. :slaphand: Bad grace.

JayRedd
10-16-2006, 11:21 PM

Well, the SG spot is pretty thin since Reggie retired. The Elf was the first guy that came to mind. Delonte West may fighting for that spot. That seems a little mean though since he can't really help his oral herpes.

So okay...fine...we'll just got with who it should be.

Your new SG (http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040821/040821_sarunas_hoops_hmed_2p.hmedium.jpg)

As for Larry, definitely very ugly, but he's a GM. He can be the All Ugly President of Basketball Operations. Take a good look at Pop sometime. You'll be impressed by the ugliness.

Moses
10-17-2006, 01:00 AM
You have to have Lue on that list.

I remember reading an article that Simmons wrote about a game where you line up NBA and WNBA players next to eachother and try to find out which of them are men and which of them are women...and Lue would easily be considered a contestant.

Popeye Jones is a retired ugly player. I'm talking currently in the NBA.

My all ugly NBA team looks like this:
PG Cassell
SG Tyron Lue
SF Tayshaun Prince
PF Calvin Booth
C Kaman

I'm sure there are some reserve guys who are uglier..but I can't think of many guys uglier then those 5 off the top of my head.

JayRedd
10-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Popeye Jones is a retired ugly player. I'm talking currently in the NBA.

Popeye's ugliness lives on forever.

But okay...good call with Tayshaun.

Is Tyronn really that ugly? Just looks like a little girl I thought...And after doing an image search, this site confirms it. Also a lot of other good ones in here:

www.shamsports.com/content/pages/thefunstuff/lookalikes.jsp (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/thefunstuff/lookalikes.jsp)

AesopRockOn
10-17-2006, 09:15 PM
www.shamsports.com/content/pages/thefunstuff/lookalikes.jsp (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/thefunstuff/lookalikes.jsp)

This really deserves its own thread.

Lol @ scottie and osama.

JayRedd
10-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Lol @ scottie and osama.

That was one of my favorites.

Sick sig line by the way. Just saw a Tech 9/11 Tribute show a few weeks back...Dude is the truth...Promised Middle Passage to come soon.

They say the odds against me are crooked and impossible
Like I was born with a hole in my heart as an obstacle
I left to die by the doctors, in the childrens hospital
But I never lose hope; success is psychological

Industrial Revolution

SycamoreKen
10-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Popeye's ugliness lives on forever.

But okay...good call with Tayshaun.

Is Tyronn really that ugly? Just looks like a little girl I thought...And after doing an image search, this site confirms it. Also a lot of other good ones in here:

The Skiles/baby one is funny. Now on to the rest of the pages.