PDA

View Full Version : Is this box score for real?

Will Galen
10-14-2006, 04:20 AM
Anyone watch last nights New Jersey-New York game? Strange box score even if it is preseason. For instant the teams combine for 66 points in the first quarter, then only 14 in the second. Then they go out and score 80 points combined in the third. Those are sure some wild point swings!

New Jersey 32 6 33 26 97
New York 34 8 47 22 111

lumber man
10-14-2006, 08:59 AM
very wild.

porsche
10-14-2006, 08:59 AM
Hmmm they probably decided to play an overtime instead of 2nd quarter

Kegboy
10-14-2006, 09:16 AM
Nope, here's the real one. I've seen them get the quarters messed up before.

http://www.nba.com/games/20061013/NJNNYK/boxscore.html?nav=scoreboardhome

Note that my boy Marcus Williams had 21 and 7, and "laughingstock" Renaldo Balkman had 11 and 7.

Will Galen
10-14-2006, 09:57 AM
I went to ESPN to check the box scores, because the NBA site doesn't give some of the box scores. For instant the Indiana-New Jersey game.

Just can't get good help these days. NBA teams don't even change the height and weight of their players every year. The Pacers site still has Harrison as 280 pounds when he's down to 265.

Robertmto
10-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Are we the official Marcus Williams bandwagon members, kegboy?

JayRedd
10-14-2006, 02:01 PM
Are we the official Marcus Williams bandwagon members, kegboy?

Sign me up. The kid's really good.

BlueNGold
10-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Williams is ready to start right now. No doubt about it. We should have traded Tinman and drafted Williams. Neither one is a milk drinker, but Williams will be the better player.

Fortunately Williams will have to share minutes with Kidd.

Moses
10-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Forget Marcus Williams..What about Rajon Rondo!

He was a monster in his first preseason game..and probably has a good shot at winning ROY.

The Hustler
10-14-2006, 04:03 PM
sign me up to the Marcus Bandwagon ... that kid can play ... i still recon we just said the wrong Williams on draft by by mistake!

Kegboy
10-14-2006, 04:07 PM
While Marcus is my favorite, I'm on record that there were 6 PGs we had our pick from, and I would have been fine with any of them.

Just
10-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Shawne > any of those fools

travmil
10-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Shawne > any of those fools

any of those fools>Tinsley+Sarunas

Eindar
10-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Pacers brass would be INSANE to take a flyer on a bad rep guy with what we had been through. I'll be completely honest, I don't want us taking a chance with a "bad character" guy for about 5 years.

Robertmto
10-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Marcus Williams is in a legitimate fight with JASON KIDD for a starting spot, why didn't the Pacers take him again?

It couldn't have been Saras, or even DA. And I pray to God that Bird isn't banking on Tins to be healthy all year.

Kegboy
10-15-2006, 08:26 PM
Marcus Williams is in a legitimate fight with JASON KIDD for a starting spot

Let the record show I didn't say that.

Yes, Williams had character questions. I completely understand not taking him with our history. That doesn't change the fact there were 5 other quality points on the board. Throw in the fact they were gonna trade AJ, and it just boggles the mind. :disturbed

Robertmto
10-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Don't worry I know Kidd will start. Maybe I should have said Williams could have started on about 15 teams (the Pacers being one of them) and the Nets won;t lose mucjh while resting Kidd.

Kegboy
10-15-2006, 10:58 PM
Don't worry I know Kidd will start. Maybe I should have said Williams could have started on about 15 teams (the Pacers being one of them) and the Nets won;t lose mucjh while resting Kidd.

I think we'll see a lot of Marcus and Kidd playing together. I wouldn't even be surprised to see them play with Vince and RJeff at the forward spots to really run it.

Robertmto
10-15-2006, 11:49 PM
Krstic
Carter
RJeff
Kidd
Williams

That will be entertaining basketball.

Jermaniac
10-15-2006, 11:51 PM
I ****ING HOPE THE NETS PLAY THAT LINEUP AGAINST US, I HOPE.

rexnom
10-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Let the record show I didn't say that.

Yes, Williams had character questions. I completely understand not taking him with our history. That doesn't change the fact there were 5 other quality points on the board. Throw in the fact they were gonna trade AJ, and it just boggles the mind. :disturbed
I don't think it's about that. I think it's about Bird really liking Shawne Williams. If Ronnie Brewer had dropped three extra spots or Rodney Carney one, I wouldn't have hesitate for a second to pick them. Bird apparently felt the same way about Shawne.

Robertmto
10-16-2006, 12:01 AM
No Bird WANTS you to think he was lookin for Shawne that whole time.

rexnom
10-16-2006, 02:34 AM
No Bird WANTS you to think he was lookin for Shawne that whole time.
I think he was looking for Shawne. There is no other reason not to pick a PG there. There really isn't. Especially since AJ was going to be traded and we didn't know that Orien Greene was going to be cut. It was risky but in Bird's head it was all worth it because we got a hell of a talent.

travmil
10-16-2006, 03:50 AM
Krstic
Carter
RJeff
Kidd
Williams

That will be entertaining basketball.

Entertaining sure, but they'll lose about 50 games doing it. Seriously, if they ran that lineup often, they'd get outscored in the paint and outrebounded every single night, and it wouldn't even be close.

Robertmto
10-16-2006, 04:00 AM
Entertaining sure, but they'll lose about 50 games doing it. Seriously, if they ran that lineup often, they'd get outscored in the paint and outrebounded every single night, and it wouldn't even be close.

I doubt they ever start that line up, or even play with it for long periods of time, but they could use it effectively against the fastest teams and equally against the slowest teams in the league. They just have to force the tempo of the game.

And FWIW I think Bird was eyeing Ronnie Brewer for the draft.

Kegboy
10-16-2006, 08:03 AM
And FWIW I think Bird was eyeing Ronnie Brewer for the draft.

I think it was Carney, if only for that lame "oh, he doesn't fit our system, he needs to play for Phoenix" he tried to pull when asked about him before the draft.

If Bird seriously wanted Shawne over Carney, then *removed on posting before Hicks removes it for me*

Robertmto
10-16-2006, 08:23 AM
Your probably right - i forgot about Rodney. Bird loves easy sold tickets.