PDA

View Full Version : PD Forum Party XIII - TODAY at 5:00PM!!!

Jose Slaughter
10-14-2006, 01:26 AM
Hi ya

Great news!

Its time once again to start talking about our next Pacers Digest Forum Party.

For those that are new to the forum, let me give you a little background on what this is all about.

Maybe 7 or 8 years ago when a lot of us were over at the Star board we started getting together to meet the friends that we've made here on line. At first it was just a small group meeting in the summer, 6, maybe 7 the first couple times.

Over the years the size of our group as grown to as many as 28 but I think we usually average around 20, maybe a couple more. Not just the locals either. Able has been here from England and ABA Days from Iraq. Closer to home we've had posters from as far away as Alabama & California stop in.

Once a year seemed like an awful long time between pizza parties so we added a date early in the season. We try to plan both the summer & in-season versoin on a Saturday, the one during the season, on a non-game day.

Many of the long time posters on here have become regulars at our little gatherings. I'm sure once you see the list of posters that are interested in attending, you'll see what I mean.

The basic deal is to just set around & talk Pacer basketball face to face, over a little pizza. We discuss the forum a little, as well as the NBA in general. The stories you may have heard about the length of some of these parties are all true. The Pizza King we go to is only open til around 9. We use to start the party around 6, hang out til closing, then stand in the parking lot for another 3 hours. Well, it got cold out there so we decided to re-group at a Perkins just down the road. Some of us have been there past 2 on more than one occassion.

There are a couple "guidelines" we have.

1. Everyone is invited. If you read the forum, you're invited. Doesn't matter if you post 20 times a day or come here simply to read whats going on.

2. There's no schedule. We might start at 5 or 6 but if want to show up at 8, it works for us. We might leave Pizza King at 9 & head down to Perkins until 3, but if you want to call it a night earlier than that, so be it. At least you were able to attend.

3. We chip in for the pizza. We usually ask that if you share in the pizza, you share in the bill. We get enough pizza & soft drinks for whoever is interested & then toss in about $10.00 per person to cover the grub & a little tip.

Pizza King is a family restaurant with more than just pizza on the menu & adult beverages for us "older" posters. You're more than welcome to purchase anything you'd want but we ask that you handle that bill on your own.

At Perkins its everyman (& woman) for himself (or herself).

I posted a couple questions back in early August about the date & location of PDFP XIII.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23142

Of the 46 votes cast, 23 voted to return to Briggbys Pizza King, in Castleton.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23076

25 of 32 posters voiting selected December 16th as the best date for the party.

So here it is .................

Pacers Digest Forum Party XIII will be

Saturday December 16
Briggby's Pizza King in Castleton

If you think we might like to attend, just please post your name in this thread.

Thanks

Hicks
10-14-2006, 08:14 AM
I'm interested!

just please post your name in this thread

:blush:

Hicks

DisplacedKnick
10-14-2006, 08:59 AM
It's a ways off but I think you guys may need a "furrin" perspective.

btowncolt
10-14-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm only in town the following weekend, so I can't make it. Again. I haven't been to the last 3 or so, maybe I can get back there this summer at the right time.

Alabama-Redneck
10-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Hey btowncolt,

Let me know when you will attend and I will be sure to come up and buy you another beer.

We miss your "humor"

:cool:

indygeezer
10-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Hey btowncolt,

Let me know when you will attend and I will be sure to come up and buy you another beer.

We miss your "humor"

'Bama...is that avatar correct????????

You hold'n out on me or something?

If so, congrats!

BTW....I seem to remember you said something about buying ME a beer......welcher.

Robertmto
10-14-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm more than likely in.

grace
10-14-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm more than likely in.

'Bama is not buying you a beer. :tsk:

HoboRaskolnikov
10-14-2006, 01:39 PM
If you have any left overs, just let me know. I'll be glad to come over and enjoy some free pizza.

sportsmusicxboxpacer
10-14-2006, 01:51 PM
ill stop by ..

Evan_The_Dude
10-14-2006, 01:57 PM
If you have any left overs, just let me know. I'll be glad to come over and enjoy some free pizza.

cheapass ;)

I'm in this time.

Alabama-Redneck
10-14-2006, 04:26 PM
'Bama...is that avatar correct????????

You hold'n out on me or something?

If so, congrats!

BTW....I seem to remember you said something about buying ME a beer......welcher.

Geeze,

I have not heard from you in so long that I thought senility had set in on you for sure. :-o :laugh:

Yes, the avatar is correct. November 18, 2006 is the date. If you would have ever come down, I would have introduced you to her.

I will not buy you a beer, I will buy you a case. That is not a promise, that is a threat. :-p

Robertmto
10-14-2006, 05:33 PM
'Bama is not buying you a beer. :tsk:

:dance2:

Just
10-14-2006, 05:35 PM
I might be there, I dunno. Its around finals time.

vapacersfan
10-14-2006, 07:15 PM
I already have my plane ticket and hotel reservation, so I will be attending this event for the first time.

It is a ways off, but my only concern is going to be getting to the Pizza King (as some have told me I may not be able to find a Taxi from my hotel that would take me to the PK.) I will focus on this more and game times rolls around, however.

I look forward to meeting all of you!

Kegboy
10-14-2006, 10:09 PM

:shudder:

indygeezer
10-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Geeze,

I have not heard from you in so long that I thought senility had set in on you for sure. :-o :laugh:

Yes, the avatar is correct. November 18, 2006 is the date. If you would have ever come down, I would have introduced you to her.

I will not buy you a beer, I will buy you a case. That is not a promise, that is a threat. :-p

Hmmmm how's the crappie fishing this time o' year??????

I may FORCE myself down in the spring. (assuming I ever git an invite and you've come up for air by then.

Frank Slade
10-14-2006, 11:22 PM
Maybe just maybe I will attend, Saturday is usually my one free day so I will do my best.

(VA you will have to drop by where my part time evening work office is since you're staying at the Hyatt Regency :eyebrow:)

317Kim
10-14-2006, 11:57 PM
I'll try to be there. :)

DisplacedKnick
10-14-2006, 11:59 PM
I already have my plane ticket and hotel reservation, so I will be attending this event for the first time.

It is a ways off, but my only concern is going to be getting to the Pizza King (as some have told me I may not be able to find a Taxi from my hotel that would take me to the PK.) I will focus on this more and game times rolls around, however.

Somebody will get you there - if you take a taxi that far you'll probably have to pay him for both ways.

Just
10-15-2006, 01:42 AM
JONK!! VA is gonna be there? Oh man, Im so gonna try my best to be there.

travmil
10-15-2006, 03:10 AM
Finally! A date gets chosen where I'm not working so it looks like I'm planning on attending, at least the Pizza King part. See you there ladies and gents!

Question: Do we get those paper sticker name tags that say Hello, my name is TRAVMIL on them?

Robertmto
10-15-2006, 04:15 AM
Question: Do we get those paper sticker name tags that say Hello, my name is TRAVMIL on them?

No.....but we should!

Just
10-15-2006, 10:39 AM
True! Everyone come to the party sporting your own kick-assssss nametag!! YAH!!

grace
10-15-2006, 03:23 PM
I don't need no stinkin' name tag. This is what I look like:

:ignore:

Los Angeles
10-15-2006, 03:26 PM
One of these days ...

There will be an unfamiliar stranger in your midst ... sporting a suntan in winter.

Unfortunately, it will not be this day.

vapacersfan
10-15-2006, 08:03 PM
:shudder:

:laugh:

You may be surprised to find out how "shy" of a person I am, esp. in new surroundings.

Maybe just maybe I will attend, Saturday is usually my one free day so I will do my best.

(VA you will have to drop by where my part time evening work office is since you're staying at the Hyatt Regency :eyebrow:)

Do I get free shoes?

Somebody will get you there - if you take a taxi that far you'll probably have to pay him for both ways.

I have already had a few offers from people (If I have not already thanked you, thank you very much), so I think I should be ok. I just want to find someone from the general area of where I am staying, as not to burden anyone with a excessivly long drive

JONK!! VA is gonna be there? Oh man, Im so gonna try my best to be there.

Word. I look forward to seeing you if you are able to make it

Kegboy
10-15-2006, 08:29 PM
:laugh:

You may be surprised to find out how "shy" of a person I am, esp. in new surroundings.

I'm very shy in real life, but as I'm sure forumites can attest to, I can be very outspoken at these things.

Gyron
10-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Dang, missed me being there by a week.

I won't be able to make this one. sorry guys.

Maybe the next one. i enjoyed the hell out of the one I made it to last year. For those that haven't gone to one, you have to go. It is actually a lot of fun.

Naptown_Seth
10-15-2006, 09:25 PM
I'm planning on jumping on board, maybe I can talk AB1077 into coming too. I believe beer was mentioned, so that might help that cause. :)

Jose Slaughter
10-16-2006, 12:35 AM

Birdman
Diamond Dave
Displaced Knick
Ev_eezy
Frank Slade
Hicks
Jose Slaughter
Just
Naptown_Seth
Pacers Girl
Pig Nash
Robertmto
sportsmusicxboxpacer
travmil
vapacerfan

Pig Nash
10-16-2006, 01:19 AM
Pig Nash will try to be there and he will try to drag Birdman along. He's got a couple of months to convince him. (Pig Nash likes referring to himself in the third person. He does live on third street, you know?)

Diamond Dave
10-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Barring an unknown interference, count me in.

birdman
10-17-2006, 09:54 AM
Pig Nash will try to be there and he will try to drag Birdman along. He's got a couple of months to convince him. (Pig Nash likes referring to himself in the third person. He does live on third street, you know?)

Yes it's possible this could be Birdman's first forum party.

Jose Slaughter
10-18-2006, 12:24 AM

Bill S
Birdman
Diamond Dave
Displaced Knick
Ev_eezy
Frank Slade
Hicks
Jose Slaughter
Just
Mrs. Bill S
Naptown_Seth
Pacers Girl
Pig Nash
Robertmto
sportsmusicxboxpacer
travmil
vapacerfan

BillS
10-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Put me & wife down as a "maybe" - I haven't determined what my December Indiana schedule will be.

Shade
10-23-2006, 05:41 PM
I should definitely be there.

Btw, would there be any interest in a pickup game or two on the same weekend or even earlier in the day?

Robertmto
10-23-2006, 06:27 PM
I should definitely be there.

Btw, would there be any interest in a pickup game or two on the same weekend or even earlier in the day?

I'm down for that 2

Jose Slaughter
10-24-2006, 04:34 AM

Bill S
Birdman
Diamond Dave
Displaced Knick
Ev_eezy
Frank Slade
Hicks
Jose Slaughter
Just
Mrs. Bill S
Naptown_Seth
Pacers Girl
Pig Nash
Robertmto
Shade
sportsmusicxboxpacer
travmil
vapacerfan

Roaming Gnome
10-28-2006, 12:38 PM
:stirthepo Yeah, I can do that...

:security: I can do that, too...

But, more then likely, I'll be doing this :footinmou

Hicks
10-28-2006, 01:51 PM
:stirthepo Yeah, I can do that...

:security: I can do that, too...

But, more then likely, I'll be doing this :footinmou

Sit next to me; I'll shield you from some of the thrown vegetables!

Believe_in_blue
10-30-2006, 12:45 AM
I'll be there.

Jose Slaughter
10-30-2006, 08:26 PM

Believe in Blue
Bill S
Birdman
Diamond Dave
Displaced Knick
Ev_eezy
Frank Slade
Hicks
Jose Slaughter
Just
Mrs. Bill S
Naptown_Seth
One Happy Fan
Pacers Girl
Pig Nash
Roaming Gnome
Robertmto
Shade
sportsmusicxboxpacer
travmil
vapacerfan

OneHappyFan
11-11-2006, 10:33 AM
Party woohoo I will be there!

Big Smooth
11-12-2006, 01:23 AM
Hi ya

Great news!

Its time once again to start talking about our next Pacers Digest Forum Party.

For those that are new to the forum, let me give you a little background on what this is all about.

Maybe 7 or 8 years ago when a lot of us were over at the Star board we started getting together to meet the friends that we've made here on line. At first it was just a small group meeting in the summer, 6, maybe 7 the first couple times.

Over the years the size of our group as grown to as many as 28 but I think we usually average around 20, maybe a couple more. Not just the locals either. Able has been here from England and ABA Days from Iraq. Closer to home we've had posters from as far away as Alabama & California stop in.

Once a year seemed like an awful long time between pizza parties so we added a date early in the season. We try to plan both the summer & in-season versoin on a Saturday, the one during the season, on a non-game day.

Many of the long time posters on here have become regulars at our little gatherings. I'm sure once you see the list of posters that are interested in attending, you'll see what I mean.

The basic deal is to just set around & talk Pacer basketball face to face, over a little pizza. We discuss the forum a little, as well as the NBA in general. The stories you may have heard about the length of some of these parties are all true. The Pizza King we go to is only open til around 9. We use to start the party around 6, hang out til closing, then stand in the parking lot for another 3 hours. Well, it got cold out there so we decided to re-group at a Perkins just down the road. Some of us have been there past 2 on more than one occassion.

There are a couple "guidelines" we have.

1. Everyone is invited. If you read the forum, you're invited. Doesn't matter if you post 20 times a day or come here simply to read whats going on.

2. There's no schedule. We might start at 5 or 6 but if want to show up at 8, it works for us. We might leave Pizza King at 9 & head down to Perkins until 3, but if you want to call it a night earlier than that, so be it. At least you were able to attend.

3. We chip in for the pizza. We usually ask that if you share in the pizza, you share in the bill. We get enough pizza & soft drinks for whoever is interested & then toss in about $10.00 per person to cover the grub & a little tip.

Pizza King is a family restaurant with more than just pizza on the menu & adult beverages for us "older" posters. You're more than welcome to purchase anything you'd want but we ask that you handle that bill on your own.

At Perkins its everyman (& woman) for himself (or herself).

I posted a couple questions back in early August about the date & location of PDFP XIII.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23142

Of the 46 votes cast, 23 voted to return to Briggbys Pizza King, in Castleton.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23076

25 of 32 posters voiting selected December 16th as the best date for the party.

So here it is .................

Pacers Digest Forum Party XIII will be

Saturday December 16
Briggby's Pizza King in Castleton

If you think we might like to attend, just please post your name in this thread.

Thanks

I've always been interested in attending one of these but if I wear my Ron Artest jersey will I get beaten with bars of soap wrapped in towels?

;)

Jose Slaughter
11-12-2006, 02:43 AM
We haven't used the "soap in a towel" punishment for a couple years now.

memories, sweet memories.....

We will be handing out extra large cups for party goers to use as they see fit however.

Jose Slaughter
11-12-2006, 04:28 AM
I just spent the last couple hours sending out some pager messages to some of our forum members you live in the surrounding area. So our party might grow past the current 22 that plan on attending.

Also, I'm open for suggestions on the pizza selection. If anyone does not eat meat please let me know. I'll be more than happy to order a Veggie or Cheese pizza to go along with our regular order.

We usually get several of the following

Meat Lovers

The Works

Pineapple & Pepperoni

But I'm more than willing to try something new.

Any request?

Believe in Blue
Bill S
Birdman
Diamond Dave
Displaced Knick
Doug
Ev_eezy
Frank Slade
Hicks
Jose Slaughter
Just
Mrs. Bill S
Naptown_Seth
One Happy Fan
Pacers Girl
Peck
Pig Nash
Roaming Gnome
Robertmto
Shade
Sportsmusicxboxpacer
Travmil
Uncle Buck
vapacerfan

There's also a handful of posters that are on a Maybe I can make it, but I won't know until later list.

Kegboy
Magic Rat
Onoxiousmodesty - I assume Kat would be attending as well
Skaut Eche
Suaveness
Tunderbird1245

Remember, you have until the night of the party to decide if you can make it or not.

Unclebuck
11-12-2006, 12:34 PM
I'll probably be there, but I don't know yet.

Stryder
11-12-2006, 12:37 PM
I will seriously try to make it. These things seem like alot of fun.

Doug
11-12-2006, 08:10 PM
I will seriously try to make it. These things seem like alot of fun.

They are.

MagicRat
11-12-2006, 09:14 PM
I'll probably be there for some of the party, depending upon the timing of family Christmas parties.

I'd play some pick-up hoops, too, as long as my team has the kid with the Indiana HS championship ring, the kid who does push-ups and is walking around with a trophy in his avatar picture and the other kid who used to play point guard and was an all NAIA sprinter..............

Jose Slaughter
11-13-2006, 12:35 AM

Believe in Blue
Bill S
Birdman
Diamond Dave
Displaced Knick
Doug
Ev_eezy
Frank Slade
Hicks
Jose Slaughter
Just
Magic Rat
Mrs. Bill S
Naptown_Seth
One Happy Fan
Pacers Girl
Peck
Pig Nash
Roaming Gnome
Robertmto
Shade
Soup is Good
Sportsmusicxboxpacer
Stryder
Travmil
Uncle Buck
vapacerfan

There's also a handful of posters that are on a Maybe I can make it, but I won't know until later list.

Kegboy
Mrs. RWB
RWB
Skaut Eche
Suaveness
Tunderbird1245

ChicagoJ
11-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Jose, etc.,

I've been traveling significantly more for work lately, and between now and 12/16 I'll be in Denver, Altanta, Austin, Back to Atlanta and NYC again.

I'd love to make it - these things really are fun - but I think its looking pretty doubtful. We will be in Indiana sometime during December for Christmas purposes, so if I'm in the Hoosier state that weekend I'll be there.

Also, for whatever reason, my laptop really "fights" my ability to reply to Pager Messages.

heywoode
11-15-2006, 03:52 PM
I'll probably be there for some of the party, depending upon the timing of family Christmas parties.

I'd play some pick-up hoops, too, as long as my team has the kid with the Indiana HS championship ring, the kid who does push-ups and is walking around with a trophy in his avatar picture and the other kid who used to play point guard and was an all NAIA sprinter..............

I'm on that team too....

I might make it to the party, but not sure if the wife will cooperate. I'm already going to the Colts MNF game two days later, so it is doubtful...

Robobtowncolt
11-15-2006, 03:57 PM

Sweet, another opportunity for me to ride the coattails of actually talented players to a championship....

OneHappyFan
11-17-2006, 04:09 PM
So whats up with the pick up game? Is it being seriously considered ? If so, where bouts?

Hicks
11-17-2006, 05:14 PM
I doubt it's seriously being considered, but if we spontaneously want to do it, I'm willing to give 60 seconds of my time. :D

Robobtowncolt
11-17-2006, 05:21 PM
I doubt it's seriously being considered, but if we spontaneously want to do it, I'm willing to give 60 seconds of my time. :D

So it'll be like me with Gyron's wife?

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES!

But really, make sure to get some photos of the gathering. We need photoshop dirt on the new guys who attend. And hopefully I'll make it back for the summer one if we schedule it far enough in advance.

Shade
11-25-2006, 07:31 PM
So whats up with the pick up game? Is it being seriously considered ? If so, where bouts?

If there's enough interest, I'll seriously see if I can put something together. I should have the entire day off, and it would be fun to do before the party. :)

MagicRat
11-25-2006, 09:07 PM
I now have two family Christmas gatherings for that day/evening, so I'm out for anything except a possible late night Perkins appearance.........

brichard
11-26-2006, 09:40 PM
I am probable for attending.

Jose Slaughter
11-27-2006, 02:13 AM

Believe in Blue
Bill S
Birdman
Brichard
Diamond Dave
Displaced Knick
Doug
Ev_eezy
Frank Slade
Hicks
Jose Slaughter
Just
Mrs. Bill S
Naptown_Seth
One Happy Fan
Peck
Pig Nash
Roaming Gnome
Robertmto
Shade
Soup is Good
Sportsmusicxboxpacer
Stryder
Travmil
Uncle Buck
Vapacerfan

Grace
Kegboy
Mrs. RWB
Pacers Girl
RWB
Skaut Eche
Suaveness
Tunderbird1245

317Kim
11-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Oh man, I'll have to be added to the Maybe List.

Doug
11-30-2006, 03:17 PM
James, you can move me to the "Maybe I can make it, but I won't know until later list." section of the list.

Something came up (multiple somethings, actually) but I'm trying to get out of it.

Robertmto
11-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Whats a "James"?

Since86
11-30-2006, 03:27 PM
James is Jose Slaughter's real name.

Suaveness
11-30-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm probably out, as of now.

Robertmto
11-30-2006, 07:13 PM
James is Jose Slaughter's real name.
'
ooo ok

Jose Slaughter
12-01-2006, 03:07 AM
There's still lots of time to decide if you'll be able to attend. Actually you have until the night of the party.

The list are just to give me some idea how many might be there.

I'll need to phone in our pizza order around the 13th or so, so if anyone has "special needs", please let me know.

Believe in Blue
Bill S
Birdman
Brichard
Diamond Dave
Displaced Knick
Ev_eezy
Frank Slade
Hicks
Jose Slaughter
Just
Mrs. Bill S
Naptown_Seth
One Happy Fan
Peck
Pig Nash
Roaming Gnome
Robertmto
Shade
Soup is Good
Sportsmusicxboxpacer
Stryder
Travmil
Uncle Buck
Vapacerfan

Doug
Grace
Kegboy
Mrs. RWB
Pacers Girl
RWB
Skaut Eche
Tunderbird1245

DisplacedKnick
12-01-2006, 07:46 AM
You better plug me into the "maybe" list.

Can't watch games so I don't have a clue what's going on with the Pacers and I've sworn that I won't get too wrapped up in what my team's doing until there's a management change.

Peck would ask a question and my response would be, "Whatever."

BillS
12-01-2006, 10:49 AM
I'll need to phone in our pizza order around the 13th or so, so if anyone has "special needs", please let me know.

I once asked a coach what the difference between a full and half court press was...

Oh, you meant special <i><b>food</b></i> needs. :blush:

Never mind.

Shade
12-01-2006, 06:48 PM
'
ooo ok

You've been to a forum party. You should know that. :nono: ;)

Robertmto
12-02-2006, 12:59 AM
You've been to a forum party. You should know that. :nono: ;)

i was too overwhelmed

brich
12-05-2006, 09:26 PM
I am probable for attending.

Jose Slaughter
12-05-2006, 11:50 PM

Believe in Blue
Bill S
Birdman
Brich
Brichard
Diamond Dave
Ev_eezy
Frank Slade
Hicks
Jose Slaughter
Just
Mrs. Bill S
Naptown_Seth
One Happy Fan
Peck
Pig Nash
Roaming Gnome
Robertmto
Shade
Soup is Good
Sportsmusicxboxpacer
Travmil
Uncle Buck
Vapacerfan

Displaced Knick
Doug
Grace
Kegboy
Mrs. RWB
Pacers Girl
RWB
Skaut Eche
Tunderbird1245

Stryder
12-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Looks like I'll be in Massachusetts on the date of the party. Another one I cannot attend. Damn you, Waters Corporation!

Shade
12-09-2006, 11:11 PM
I have to work until 5:00, but I'll head up straight after that. I only work about 10 minutes away from there.

Unclebuck
12-09-2006, 11:18 PM
I have to work until 5:00, but I'll head up straight after that. I only work about 10 minutes away from there.

Aren't we starting at 6:00?

Jose Slaughter
12-10-2006, 01:31 AM
I'll find out for sure on Sunday.

I thought the didn't open until 6, but I'll confirm that.

Since86
12-11-2006, 02:58 PM
I can't attend Sat. night, but Friday I am going to the game with VA.

Anyone want to have a short get together during the game at some point?

Leisure Suit Larry
12-12-2006, 01:20 AM
I'd go but I don't want to cause a scene when you guys find out who I am

Hicks
12-12-2006, 07:44 AM
I'd go but I don't want to cause a scene when you guys find out who I am

Batman?!

Leisure Suit Larry
12-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Batman?!

damn

FlavaDave
12-13-2006, 11:53 AM
I think I am good for a maybe.

Shade
12-13-2006, 04:20 PM
I hope to God we trade for AI on Friday. This would be the greatest forum party ever if that happened.

Well, except for the poor people working or shopping at the Castleton Burlington Coat Factory, that is. :devil:

Jose Slaughter
12-13-2006, 04:46 PM
I just got word that Thunderbird will be attending.

I'll up date the list later tonight.

Unclebuck
12-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Do we know if they open at 5:00 or 6:00. I would imagine on a Saturday they have to open at 5:00

Shade
12-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Do we know if they open at 5:00 or 6:00. I would imagine on a Saturday they have to open at 5:00

I'm not sure, but I'll likely be there shortly after 5:00, since I work in the area and am on shift until 5:00. Though there's a chance they may cut me early if we're too slow.

thunderbird1245
12-13-2006, 07:00 PM
I just got word that Thunderbird will be attending.

I'll up date the list later tonight.

Yes, Ive been upgraded from "questionable" to "probable." Barring any last second work emergencies, I will be there at approximately 7 or so. I do need someone to send me directions....Ill be coming from into Indy from the south on Hwy 37, so I need directions from there.

I'm looking forward to meeting all that attend.

Shade
12-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Yes, Ive been upgraded from "questionable" to "probable." Barring any last second work emergencies, I will be there at approximately 7 or so. I do need someone to send me directions....Ill be coming from into Indy from the south on Hwy 37, so I need directions from there.

I'm looking forward to meeting all that attend.

Isn't it 37 that leads straight to 82nd St.?

thunderbird1245
12-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Isn't it 37 that leads straight to 82nd St.?

Hwy 37 comes from the south, thru Bloomington, Martinsville, Waverly, and runs into Hwy 465 at Harding Street.

I'm driving about 2hours or so to get there, so id hate to get to the nw side of Indy and then not be able to find it is all, thats why Im asking for help so that doesnt happen.

Jose Slaughter
12-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Sorry about the delay in getting back to you with directions. My access & time on line is limited at work & I've been playing dad since I got home.

I'm bad at giving directions so I looked up Map Quest. I hope this helps.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=iIi7cg8wHD%2bMB763jETJeQ%3d%3d&longitude=YSOADJj60av5VU%2bDvKv2Ew%3d%3d&name=Briggsy%27s%20Pizza%20King&country=US&address=8215%20Center%20Run%20Dr&city=Indianapolis&state=IN&zipcode=46250&phone=317%2d577%2d4040&spurl=0&&q=briggby%27s%20pizza%20king&qc=%28All%29%20Restaurants

I can tell you that Briggby's shares a building with a Liquor store in the middle of a parking lot.

To the south is Red Lobster

To the east is Hooters

To the north is the now infamous Burlington Coat Factory

Jose Slaughter
12-13-2006, 08:05 PM

I just found out that in fact they do open at 5.

The pizza will be ready at 5:30.

I hope someone in power can change the thread title to reflect the new time.

Shade
12-13-2006, 08:20 PM
I just found out that in fact they do open at 5.

The pizza will be ready at 5:30.

I hope someone in power can change the thread title to reflect the new time.

Done.

Frank Slade
12-13-2006, 10:27 PM
It appears now I may not be able to make it. :(
I'll know by Friday.

Kegboy
12-13-2006, 10:45 PM
To the north is the now infamous Burlington Coat Factory

(you know, since he hasn't been around in a while...)

It's still not funny. [/Tim]

Unclebuck
12-13-2006, 11:17 PM
Hwy 37 comes from the south, thru Bloomington, Martinsville, Waverly, and runs into Hwy 465 at Harding Street.

I'm driving about 2hours or so to get there, so id hate to get to the nw side of Indy and then not be able to find it is all, thats why Im asking for help so that doesnt happen.

If you do get to the NW side of Indy - you won't ever find it. Castleton is on the Northeast side of Indy.

I assume you know how to get to Castelton right? If you don't let me know. I would recommend getting off at the I-69 -- 82nd east exit. Go west on 82nd street. Not sure how many lights you go through - maybe 2. Pizza King is on the right side. I would suggest if you just can't find it and have to stop and ask for directions, ask where the Hooters is - everyone will know where that is and if you get to Hooters you won't miss Pizza King

Shade
12-13-2006, 11:25 PM
If you do get to the NW side of Indy - you won't ever find it. Castleton is on the Northeast side of Indy.

I assume you know how to get to Castelton right? If you don't let me know. I would recommend getting off at the I-69 -- 82nd east exit. Go west on 82nd street. Not sure how many lights you go through - maybe 2. Pizza King is on the right side. I would suggest if you just can't find it and have to stop and ask for directions, ask where the Hooters is - everyone will know where that is and if you get to Hooters you won't miss Pizza King

Ah...69 is what I was mistaking 37 as.

Yeah, just take 69 to 82nd, make a right, and go through 2-3 stoplights. It's just before the Steak & Shake and the mall entrance.

vapacersfan
12-14-2006, 12:21 AM
First of all I want to say a huge THANK you to all of you for your support and extreme generosity (Also to Hicks for fixing my account and whatever was wrong with it).

I do plan on making this voyage (even though I just got home from Orlando and the weather change here has been a shock to my body, I can only imagine what Indiana is going to do to me)

I look forward to meeting all of you, and I hope the Pacers play great Friday night.

To be honest with all of you I have not followed the whole team since ecember 1st, so I have a lot of catching up to do tommorrow morning before my flight.

I can't attend Sat. night, but Friday I am going to the game with VA.

Anyone want to have a short get together during the game at some point?

I very much look forward to this. If anyone can get away for a few minutes to get say hi feel free to do so. I look forward to meeting any and all of you.

vapacersfan
12-14-2006, 12:29 AM
UB/Peck,

Will you guys be at Friday night's game?

Unclebuck
12-14-2006, 12:32 AM
UB/Peck,

Will you guys be at Friday night's game?

Probably not

Peck
12-14-2006, 12:52 AM
Sadly I will probably not make the game either as I am working late that night.

Jose Slaughter
12-14-2006, 03:15 AM
I'd like to remind everyone that just because your name isn't listed you are still encouraged to attend. The list is just to give us some idea who might be there. It also helps our host to know how big a group we could have.

Last minute additions are always welcome.

By the way, I placed the pizza order for the first round.

One with everything, one Meat Lovers & a Sausage-Pepperoni.

The pizza should be ready around 5:30. After that we'll see how it goes. The pineapple-pepperoni has become a Forum Party tradition so I'm sure that will in the 2nd wave.

Believe in Blue
Bill S
Birdman
Brich
Brichard
Diamond Dave
Ev_eezy
Frank Slade
Hicks
Jose Slaughter
Just
Mrs. Bill S
Naptown_Seth
One Happy Fan
Peck
Pig Nash
Roaming Gnome
Robertmto
Shade
Soup is Good
Sportsmusicxboxpacer
Thunderbird1245
Travmil
Uncle Buck
Vapacerfan

Displaced Knick
Doug
Grace
Kegboy
Mrs. RWB
Pacers Girl
RWB
Skaut Eche

travmil
12-14-2006, 03:15 AM
As far as I know I'm still a definite to make it to my first forum Party. I don't know how long I can stay, but I'll see you all there!

Hicks
12-14-2006, 07:43 AM
Roaming Gnome and myself will be there tomorrow. Throw me a PM. :) We could find each other after the game.

DisplacedKnick
12-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Roaming Gnome and myself will be there tomorrow. Throw me a PM. :) We could find each other after the game.

I'm NOT going to that game.

I'mnotgoingtothatgame.

Imnotgoingtothatgame.

ImnotgoingtothatgameImnotgoingtothatgameImnotgoing tothatgame

Though I did just check for tickets - fortunately, Section 16 is sold out.

It will be profoundly wierd not to be in attendance when the Knicks visit. I'll probably have to drink myself into oblivion just to be able to handle it.

Naptown_Seth
12-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Ah...69 is what I was mistaking 37 as.

Yeah, just take 69 to 82nd, make a right, and go through 2-3 stoplights. It's just before the Steak & Shake and the mall entrance.
No, 69 and 37 are the same road at that point so it wasn't a mistake, just confusing. 37 hits 465 on the south side, becomes tied with 465 going around the east side, and then is tied with 69 coming out the NE side of 465 (tied meaning "the same road" at that point).

69 is BINFORD BOULEVARD just inside 465 on the north side where it goes from traditional highway to more of a 4 lane divided road with stop lights. That also is Fall Creek Parkway when you get by the Fair Grounds.

All the same thing. If you came up Meridian or Delaware from downtown till you hit Fall Creek and then turned right (east) and just rode that sucker all the way out you would eventually be on 69 on your way to Deer Creek and beyond.

And the area around that 82nd Street exit is a little confusing/difficult I think. I mean I understand it, I've just always thought it was a pain in the butt. For one thing you can come up 465 on the east side of town till you hit 69 exit, then come down the 82nd clover leaf which wraps you around facing south...then you take a right to go west on 82nd, go under 69, and down a few lights. It's before you get to Castleton.

But you could also take 465 on past to the next exit, Allisonville, go south (left) on that to 82nd (go back over 465), make another left to go east (and over 465 a 2nd time), past the mall by a light or two.

One problem is with the mall and the strip malls and the odd placement of some restuarants you have this mass of lights where it's hard to tell what "road" each is for. Some go into the mall, some are just for strip malls and then you have 86th sneaking in from behind Castleton as well as lights at the interstate exists. Oh, and throw in the train tracks too just for the heck of it. :confused::laugh:

If you were coming from downtown you could skip the interstate and just use Fall Creek/Binford/37/69 :D until it became I-69 and then see above.

Typically when I go to Castleton I just jump on 70 out to 465 on the east side and come up that way to Allisonville (15 minutes), but Fall Creek isn't a bad option if the traffic is right (not rush hour) and that's probably what I'll do here.

Now I'm expecting an explanation of the Burlington story come SAT night.

Jose Slaughter
12-14-2006, 02:23 PM
I think the Allisonville Road route is the best.

I however would take Allisonville Road upto 86th Street & hang a right. That runs to the north of Castleton Square but snakes around & becomes Center Run. Pizza King is much easier to spot (on the left) that way.

vapacersfan
12-14-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm NOT going to that game.

I'mnotgoingtothatgame.

Imnotgoingtothatgame.

ImnotgoingtothatgameImnotgoingtothatgameImnotgoing tothatgame

Though I did just check for tickets - fortunately, Section 16 is sold out.

It will be profoundly wierd not to be in attendance when the Knicks visit. I'll probably have to drink myself into oblivion just to be able to handle it.

Did you check stubhub?

I got my tickets through them, and I will be sitting in section 16 (along with Since86)

Doug
12-14-2006, 03:03 PM
I'm afraid I've been downgraded to "doubtful", due to family commitments.

Actually, I'd say I'm probably "out", but I'm gaming the injury report a little to fool the other forum parties out there.

FlavaDave
12-14-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm afraid I've been downgraded to "doubtful", due to family commitments.

Actually, I'd say I'm probably "out", but I'm gaming the injury report a little to fool the other forum parties out there.

Yeah, I'm in the same situation. Damn.

Unclebuck
12-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Typically when I go to Castleton I just jump on 70 out to 465 on the east side and come up that way to Allisonville (15 minutes),

That is the way I go unless it is rush hour and 465 will be backed up around I-69.

MagicRat
12-14-2006, 08:07 PM
For the purposes of Saturday, though, I wouldn't go all the way to Allisonville since it takes you right past the mall. I'd go up 465->69->82nd Street........

Shade
12-14-2006, 08:23 PM
:wtf: is up with my posts getting cut off?

Actually, it would probably be better to take 465 < Allisonville Rd. < Center Run Dr. if possible, since 86th St. will be PACKED at 5:00. I only work down the street at Keystone at the Crossing and it may take me half an hour to get to the Pizza King because of traffic.

vapacersfan
12-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Will MagicRat not be in attendace? I dont see his name of the list.

Well I look forward to seeing a few of you tommorrow and possibly more on Saturday. I will have my camera with me, although I dont have the skill that some of the other regulars here do when it comes to picture taking

Robertmto
12-14-2006, 10:10 PM
I'm not gonna be able to attend the forum party cuz I have to work until midnight. But I'd really like to catch the latenighters @ Perkins. Can somebody shoot be a PM that will be there (Perkins) so I can give them a cell number and see if we're still going around 12:30 ish??

Kegboy
12-14-2006, 11:33 PM
I can't believe Perkins wouldn't happen, even if I'm too apathetic to think there's that much to talk about.

Still, I guess I'll make an appearance since VA's coming. Grace won't be, however. Considering she couldn't name half the Pacers she saw during her Bulls telecast on Monday, she doesn't feel she has anything to contribute.

Robertmto
12-14-2006, 11:39 PM
I can't believe Perkins wouldn't happen, even if I'm too apathetic to think there's that much to talk about.

:(

Kegboy
12-14-2006, 11:51 PM

Oh, don't worry, I think we can spend a good hour talking about Marcus Williams, though. ;)

BillS
12-15-2006, 01:53 AM
Grace won't be, however. Considering she couldn't name half the Pacers she saw during her Bulls telecast on Monday, she doesn't feel she has anything to contribute.

Well, hell. Brenda's going to feel waaay in the minority if she's the only female in the crowd.

Jose Slaughter
12-15-2006, 04:39 AM

Believe in Blue
Bill S
Birdman
Brich
Brichard
Diamond Dave
Ev_eezy
Frank Slade
Hicks
Jose Slaughter
Just
Kegboy
Mrs. Bill S
Naptown_Seth
One Happy Fan
Peck
Pig Nash
Roaming Gnome
Shade
Soup is Good
Sportsmusicxboxpacer
Thunderbird1245
Travmil
Uncle Buck
Vapacerfan

Displaced Knick
Mrs. RWB
Pacers Girl
RWB
Skaut Eche

Naptown_Seth
12-15-2006, 05:13 AM
That is the way I go unless it is rush hour and 465 will be backed up around I-69.
Well if we get detailed about sneaky routes one way I like to get in and out of that craphole area (in terms of traffic I mean, esp. this time of year) is Dean Road.

Fall Creek, Keystone, Broad Ripple, Dean, 82, then east through A'ville. I used to try to use A'ville as the alternate for getting out of the area but it backs up just as bad around rush hour (going south I mean).

And yes, for trips to Castleton Mall I often just go north to 86 and sneak in. When I hit K&G Warehouse I do this, or Best Buy even.

For the purposes of Saturday, though, I wouldn't go all the way to Allisonville since it takes you right past the mall. I'd go up 465->69->82nd Street........Well you could just park at Perkins and walk the rest. Probably be faster than driving from that direction.

That's if you can even get into that parking lot past the line of people in front of CCity waiting on the next Wii shipment. :D

DisplacedKnick
12-15-2006, 06:57 AM
Did you check stubhub?

I got my tickets through them, and I will be sitting in section 16 (along with Since86)

When it comes to the Knicks, I'd rather drink.

MagicRat
12-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Well you could just park at Perkins and walk the rest. Probably be faster than driving from that direction.

That's if you can even get into that parking lot past the line of people in front of CCity waiting on the next Wii shipment. :D

There are really only 2 decent options, although in December there are probably 0 decent options for Castleton.

http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/map2.jpg

Where's my new, adjusted boxscore?

vapacersfan
12-15-2006, 09:10 AM
When it comes to the Knicks, I'd rather drink.

Hey, how did Btown get ahold of your password?

Kegboy
12-15-2006, 09:30 AM
IMHO, the blue route on MR's map is the much better way to go. It'll still be bad, especially the exit off of 465, but the red route is absolutely horrible.

FlavaDave
12-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Off of 116th street, there are a ton of sneaky ways involving hague/corporation drive/bash st. They are too hard to explain, but if you know they area you could figure it out.

ABADays
12-15-2006, 07:29 PM
You guys have a great time! I will be with ya in spirit.

Shade
12-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Btw, to everyone planning on attending tomorrow, you may want to leave early if possible. Traffic is INSANE in Castleton right now. It took me an hour-and-a-half to get home today, and it usually takes me 20 minutes max. If tomorrow is anywhere near as bad as today, I may not get to the party until 6ish.

Kegboy
12-15-2006, 08:17 PM
Same here. I left Allison Point at 4pm, and it took 45 minutes just to get to 96th St. :suicide5:

That said, now that I realize the OSU game doesn't start until 4, I won't be leaving early.

Unclebuck
12-15-2006, 10:47 PM
Btw, to everyone planning on attending tomorrow, you may want to leave early if possible. Traffic is INSANE in Castleton right now. It took me an hour-and-a-half to get home today, and it usually takes me 20 minutes max. If tomorrow is anywhere near as bad as today, I may not get to the party until 6ish.

It won't be quite as bad on Saturday because there isn't a "rush hour" because it is Saturday

Shade
12-15-2006, 11:17 PM
It won't be quite as bad on Saturday because there isn't a "rush hour" because it is Saturday

Yeah, Saturdays are just "rush day." :laugh:

obnoxiousmodesty
12-15-2006, 11:19 PM
I won't be attending due to continued illness and likelihood of being at work. Perhaps another time then.

Unclebuck
12-15-2006, 11:31 PM
Well I'm not expecting any traffic problems - and even if I do have some problems I won't admit to it. It usually takes me 15 minutes to get to Pizza King and I expect it to take 20 minutes or so. But if I'm not there by 6:00, then you can assume I'm doing a little Christmas shopping.

Robertmto
12-16-2006, 12:33 AM
Oh, don't worry, I think we can spend a good hour talking about Marcus Williams, though. ;)

sweetness. oh the possibilities.....

:cloud9:

so is there or is there not gonna be a Perkins portion??

Trader Joe
12-16-2006, 03:26 AM
So I guess I might swing by for a bit who knows. I may be doing shopping in the area, so anything is possible. No guarantees though you may have to wait to finally be graced with my presence.

Oh and as far as traffic in this area goes I can vouch that it is AWFUL. I was taking a buddy of mine home from IU and he lives at Kessler and Allisonville and I live up at 116th st. It took me 15 minutes to get from 465 and allisonville to 82nd and allisonville. It was horrible. 465 was PACKED as well and don't even get me started on 37...

A-Train
12-16-2006, 03:30 AM
As always, an all-star line up of old-timers (and newcomers, as well).

Still hoping to make one of these some day and am jealous of all of you! And Pizza King pizza to boot? Perfect.

Have a good time! :cool:

Believe in Blue
Bill S
Birdman
Brich
Brichard
Diamond Dave
Ev_eezy
Frank Slade
Hicks
Jose Slaughter
Just
Kegboy
Mrs. Bill S
Naptown_Seth
One Happy Fan
Peck
Pig Nash
Roaming Gnome
Shade
Soup is Good
Sportsmusicxboxpacer
Thunderbird1245
Travmil
Uncle Buck
Vapacerfan

Displaced Knick
Mrs. RWB
Pacers Girl
RWB
Skaut Eche

Jose Slaughter
12-16-2006, 04:15 AM
sweetness. oh the possibilities.....

:cloud9:

so is there or is there not gonna be a Perkins portion??

I can assure you that we will be at Perkins sometime after 9:30.

thunderbird1245
12-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Crap...I am stuck at work with customers who just now left, 2 hours after we were supposed to close. ( I manage a car dealership) As Im 2 hrs plus from Indy, I guess Im just not going to make it.

Somebody send me a full report on how it goes tonight, and send me this "quiz" Ive read about all week.

I desperately hate my job sometimes :(

aero
12-16-2006, 08:18 PM
wish i could have went...but i dont have a car right now so im S.O.L

maybe next time

Natston
12-16-2006, 08:21 PM
Crap...I am stuck at work with customers who just now left, 2 hours after we were supposed to close. ( I manage a car dealership) As Im 2 hrs plus from Indy, I guess Im just not going to make it.

Somebody send me a full report on how it goes tonight, and send me this "quiz" Ive read about all week.

I desperately hate my job sometimes :(

You can still make the Perkins edition if you wanted... :cool:

317Kim
12-16-2006, 09:20 PM
I really wish I could have gone, but I had to spend the day with my grandparents.

SoupIsGood
12-16-2006, 11:04 PM
I just got back from it! But now I must leave for home... I shall miss the Indy area over Christmas...

MagicRat
12-17-2006, 01:31 AM
The party was fine.......

Lord Helmet
12-17-2006, 01:33 AM
Any pictures?

Travman93
12-17-2006, 01:40 AM
I really wish I could've been there, but seeing I just moved from Indy to Wyoming, I wasn't able

MagicRat
12-17-2006, 01:53 AM
Any pictures?

No pictures due to league blackout restrictions......

Lord Helmet
12-17-2006, 02:01 AM
No pictures due to league blackout restrictions......
Damn, did Kegboy not show up?

At least 20 people and Kegboy have to be in attendance in order for pictures to be shown, damn I forgot....

Pig Nash
12-17-2006, 02:11 AM
The party was fine.......

Management was fine...

Defense was fine...

Best parts of the night.

Kegboy
12-17-2006, 04:21 AM
Damn, did Kegboy not show up?

At least 20 people and Kegboy have to be in attendance in order for pictures to be shown, damn I forgot....

No, Rat's girlfriend kicked us out of Pizza King early, so there were no time for pictures. :yay2:

Actually, it's too bad. We all looked so good, the waitresses at Perkins thought we were football players. :flex:

Naptown_Seth
12-17-2006, 07:33 AM
Actually, it's too bad. We all looked so good, the waitresses at Perkins thought we were football players. :flex:
Don't let him fool you, she thought we were all kickers. ;)

Again, great first time for me to all the regulars I was able to meet. A ton of fun. I was impressed.

I hogged most of the talking time and didn't get taken out to the parking lot or berated in any way...maybe that's what the game tomorrow is all about. :hmm:

Unclebuck
12-17-2006, 09:23 AM
For the record the traffic was no problem what-so-ever. Taking 465 to Allisonville - then north to 86th street did the trick, maybe took me 5 minutes more than usual.

Naptown_Seth
12-17-2006, 02:27 PM
For the record the traffic was no problem what-so-ever. Taking 465 to Allisonville - then north to 86th street did the trick, maybe took me 5 minutes more than usual.
Same here, FCP/Binford/69 to the 82nd exit. I was expecting a disaster at least a few lights before the mall but it was really nothing.