PDA

View Full Version : Pierce bruises left hip, leaves Celtics' loss to Cavs (ESPN.com)

RoboHicks
10-14-2006, 12:10 AM
Visit ESPN.com for the complete story.

More... (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=261013002&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines)

LG33
10-14-2006, 12:22 AM
I hope he's not out long - I love this guy. I remember a long time ago when it was him and Antoine "Shimmies-like-Pat-Benatar" Walker...good times...

Oh yea, and the Tinsley incident two years ago was awesome.

rexnom
10-14-2006, 01:07 AM
Btw, the hyping is starting to build around here for a PG we passed on-Rajon Rondo. I'm still happy with Shawne Williams and James White but I think we could have fit very nicely here.

sweabs
10-14-2006, 01:10 AM
Btw, the hyping is starting to build around here for a PG we passed on-Rajon Rondo. I'm still happy with Shawne Williams and James White but I think we could have fit very nicely here.
I mentioned it in the Odd Thoughts thread, but I was hoping we'd pick him when he was still on the board this year.

I got to watch him torch the Raptors a couple nights ago. The knock was on his outside shooting - but it sure looked okay on that buzzer beating 3 pointer he made to send the game into OT.

His game is tailor-made for this "new" and "faster-paced" NBA game that we hear so much about. Not to mention he's an outstanding defender at PG with his footspeed and long arms.

rexnom
10-14-2006, 01:24 AM
I mentioned it in the Odd Thoughts thread, but I was hoping we'd pick him when he was still on the board this year.

I got to watch him torch the Raptors a couple nights ago. The knock was on his outside shooting - but it sure looked okay on that buzzer beating 3 pointer he made to send the game into OT.

His game is tailor-made for this "new" and "faster-paced" NBA game that we hear so much about. Not to mention he's an outstanding defender at PG with his footspeed and long arms.
I agree. He would have been an interesting prospect as a backup. The Celtics use both him and Delonte West to back up Telfair and they all get almost 30 minutes. I don't see why we couldn't have done the same with Sarunas.

Isaac
10-14-2006, 02:15 PM
I wanted Rondo or Ronnie Brewer for quite a while, then comes draft day I figured they'd both be gone when they picked, but Rondo was there and we didn't take him. Disappointing.

sweabs
10-14-2006, 02:27 PM
I wanted Rondo or Ronnie Brewer for quite a while, then comes draft day I figured they'd both be gone when they picked, but Rondo was there and we didn't take him. Disappointing.
No kidding.

Oh well, it's not as if we needed a solid young backup PG with great speed, athleticism, and defense - and tons of upside. But we so desperately needed another forward to play behind Granger, Jermaine, Harrington, Jackson, et al.

:unimpress