PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Preseason Roll Call..........

MagicRat
10-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Lots of new names around and we haven't had a roll call in quite some time.

I'll start:

MR

Pacers fan since I was a youngster.
Various ticket packages since the early nineties. Half season this year.
Charter member of the Jamaal Tinsley bandwagon (it gets lonely sometimes)

Trader Joe
10-13-2006, 08:53 PM

Born and raised a Pacers fan.
Will be my 4th straight year of having season tix.
Fav players are currently, JO, Tins, Danny, and Al

ajbry
10-13-2006, 08:58 PM
ajbry

Pacers fan for 13 years - it all started with Reggie.
Wish I could attend any games, period. Don't want to watch the Celts.
Arguably the biggest Stephen Jackson fan you'll ever know.

Jermaniac
10-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Jermaniac AKA Dat Dude AKA Nino Brown AKA Golly I'm Gully AKA A couple more names

-Pacers fan since I was 9
-I'm the guy around here who owns everybody, I'm also the funniest poster on here and the only person to have his own talk show on this board. Also the most hated poster on this board acording to the Pacers Digest Awards.
-Jermaine O'Neal's #1 fan

HOLLA

CableKC
10-13-2006, 09:00 PM
CableKC

Age - 33
Location - Gilroy, CA ( SF Bay Area )

I've been a Pacer fan since the "8pts in 8.9 second"

<----as you can see, I am training my 2 year old early to be a Pacer fan.

heywoode
10-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks for starting this! I always forget who people are...

heywoode

Pacer fan since the Reggie era began or so, started really caring about the Pacers when the Davis boys, Smits, Reggie, Jax team was put together....Hated the Knicks and Bulls for obvious reasons....Still feel like the only reason Reggie doesn't have a ring is Michael Jordan.

Started attending games in earnest about 5 years ago, but have just reached the point where I have the means to go to as many as I want within reason. I live two hours away, so not really feasible to get a half season pack or even a 10-gamer...Occassionally get freebies in the club level, and that is my preferred seating area...Row 1 of anything RULES!

Would say that Granger is my favorite player, but I'm solidly behind JO and most of the rest.

Would also like to add that I know no strangers and would gladly talk to anyone from here at a game. It should be well documented what I look like around here, and I already get heckled from the crowd by SOME PD'ers (still owe you two :hmm:)....If you see me, don't be shy, stop by or stop me and say hello!

I really enjoy reading here...

Was that too long?!

tora tora
10-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Tora Tora
Big time Josh Powell fan

sportsmusicxboxpacer
10-13-2006, 09:02 PM
xboxpacer

age 21

been pacer fan since birth rise to be one exactly.. been going games abt 10 per season since 94 to now.. mostly watch on fox sports net !!..

fav players are Jo and Al and Danny!!

Leisure Suit Larry
10-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Leisure Suit Larry
Occupation : 4th year senior, soon to be Alumni, of the greatest school in America...the Indiana University.
Location : Bloomington during the school year, Indianapolis when not in school.

*Always a Pacers fan, although there were times where I like another team more.
*Jermaine O'Neal's 2nd biggest fan.
*I like all the Pacers about the same. My favorite varies from week to week.
*I also enjoy supporting all members of the team and realizing that Reggie Miller has moved on and not coming back.
*I go to a lot of games but its hard being an hour away. I pretty much atleast watch them all.

AB1077
10-13-2006, 09:07 PM
AB1077

Been to probably over 200 games in my lifetime, and look forward to many many more...Including drunken post-game celebrations with other posters in BLR!:D

tadscout
10-13-2006, 09:14 PM
tadscout
Occupation: Entrepreneur / High School Assistant Head Baseball Coach

-Born a Pacers Fan
-Granger is my favorite player...
-Half Season ticket plan in section 232

indyman37
10-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Indyman37

Diehard Pacers fan since grandpa introduced me to them in the 99-00 playoffs.
But only been to one game.

Cornrows
10-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Cornrows

Absolutely love the NBA and the Pacers. In fact my blog is only discusses the Pacers.
http://indycornrows.blogspot.com

Frank Slade
10-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Frank Slade

Born a Pacer Fan but started watching avidly since the '92 season.

Due to work hours, I usually just get a mini 10 game plan, and additional games as time allows.

Hulk, Granger, and Big Al are my current favorites.
(but I am accepting applications as we speak)

aero
10-13-2006, 09:35 PM
aero

Ive been an Indiana Pacers fan ever since i moved back here to Indiana in 1992 from Los Angeles, California where i was born.

Hicks
10-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Hicks

Truly a Pacers fan since 1998.
Favorite all-time Pacer: Reggie Miller. Favorite current Pacer: Danny Granger
Creator of Pacers Digest

BlueNGold
10-13-2006, 09:53 PM
BlueNGold

Pacers Fan since 1985
Pacer Fanatic since 1996

Drewtone
10-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Drewtone
Occupation: Financial Analyst/Asset Manager (Real Estate developer in Ottawa/Toronto)

Pacers fan since parent took my young arse to the first 2 seats of rows 2 & 3 (across from bench, full view of Dancing Harry and Darnell Hillman's kid whenever he danced with Harry) in year 1 of MSA.... lost interest, regained fandom during Person/Bird playoffs.

Mid-fulltime PD lurker as work posting is a no-no and by the time I get home, get the 3 kids to bed, anything of value has already been posted, so thanks for doing all the heavy lifting for me!

ABADays
10-13-2006, 10:00 PM
ABADays
Occupation: Military Recreation Center Supervisor - Camp Anaconda, Iraq
Home: Indianapolis

Pacer fan since the first game the franchise ever played in the ABA, 1967
Games attended: 300-400 including ABA games.
Favorite Pacers player: ABA Roger Brown NBA Reggie Miller
Best memories: Attending games at the Coliseum, three ABA championships, all of Reggie's famous performances.

Alabama-Redneck
10-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Alabama-Redneck

Age: 65 (Don't Laugh-People tell me I do not look my age. They just don't tell me if I look older or younger :blush: :confused:)

Occupation: Supervisor over my cat and bird. Also a retired Engineer.

A Pacer fan since their inception in the ABA. :-o Have been to several different arenas to watch the Pacers. My one claim to fame is I do not look as old as Indygeezer but I am older. :D

Also, for all of you that have been on this board for a year and a half and know my history, I am pleased to announce that I am getting married November 18th. :) :cool:

Lord Helmet
10-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Lord Helmet
Home: Richmond, IN

Pacers and Colts fan here. Reds fan for baseball. Favorite Pacers as of now, Danny, JO and Al. Favorite Pacer player of all time, Reggie of course.

dubyacop
10-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Okay, I guess it is finally time for me to post on here...gotta do the role call

Dubyacop.. or Wayne if you prefer
Age:... 46, proudly the closest so far on this thread to senior citezen status, but I know Indygeezer will show soon.

Can't tell you when I first became a Pacers fan, but it was in the area of 70-71, Pacers played an exibition game at Marion High school, and I was hooked all of the old names that we now revere as legends were there, and the Kentucky Colonels... wow, Artis Gilmore made an impression on me.

trying to think of who is my fav Pacer now, probally be the only one to say this, but it has to be Foster, not that he is the best by any means, well probally because I used to shoot like him in school, was also a big Kurt Rambis fan in my younger days if that tells you anything about my game... well, my former game anyway

dubyacop
10-13-2006, 10:13 PM
ok, well now I don't feel quite as old

NashvilleKat
10-13-2006, 10:27 PM
NashvilleKat

Covered Pacers from ABA days as sports director for WIFE radio, Indianapolis. Air name was Ron Jackson...I was on staff with great guys...Reb Porter, Jay Reynolds, Joe Light, Ron Hoefer, among others. I don't miss a game thanks to League Pass TV. I firmly believe the Pacers are going to stun the NBA and national media with this team. It's going to be fun to be a fan!! Go Pacers!!!!!

ABADays
10-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Alabama-Redneck

Age: 65 (Don't Laugh-People tell me I do not look my age. They just don't tell me if I look older or younger :blush: :confused:)

Occupation: Supervisor over my cat and bird. Also a retired Engineer.

A Pacer fan since their inception in the ABA. :-o Have been to several different arenas to watch the Pacers. My one claim to fame is I do not look as old as Indygeezer but I am older. :D

Also, for all of you that have been on this board for a year and a half and know my history, I am pleased to announce that I am getting married November 18th. :) :cool:

Huge congrats AR!

Robertmto
10-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Robertmto

Pacers fan for alto of my life, started liking the Bullets when I saw Gheorge Mhursean (sp?) followed both teams. Stop liking the Pacers after the BMill trade. WTF? I still follow both teams but love to hate the Ps.

Jose Slaughter
10-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Jose Slaughter

Pacers fan since about 1970

Created the now famous Pacers Digest Forum Party & commissioner of a PD fantasy basketball league.

I always liked the under dogs... Stuart Gray, Devin Durant, Brooke Steppe. I recently upgraded to Harrison.

BoomBaby33
10-13-2006, 10:49 PM
BoomBaby33

Been a fan since Johnny Davis was finishing his tenure as the Pacers point guard (And is now the assistant coach), and then shortly therafter when "We got Wayman" (those were tough years).

Then came Chuck!

Then came Reggie! (and the rest of the gang)

Then came Danny!

Go Pacers!!!

avoidingtheclowns
10-13-2006, 11:06 PM
AvoidingTheClowns
occupation: recent graduate, unpaid media relations intern (donations accepted)

been a fan since like 93ish when i first started playing basketball. been to like 6ish games. 7 when the pacers come to DC.

Kegboy
10-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Kegboy

Served 7 seasons as a Pacers Season Ticket Holder (block 225-226, still got the Balcony Rules tat.) Released a year ago after my fall to the darkside. It's tough sometimes, living down my past as a Sunshine Brigader, but I'm in recovery and I take it one day at a time.

Los Angeles
10-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Los Angeles
Age - too old for the way I behave
occupation - design snob for hire
Location - guess

If I could be a sandwich, I would be a BLT.

I'm hoping to buy a surfboard this weekend. Can't wait for the new bruises.

SoupIsGood
10-13-2006, 11:53 PM
SoupIsGood
Student at Butler University, living on campus, majoring in Creative Writing.

Former PD Rookie of the Year. Noted David Harrison enthusiast. Aspiring author, will be famous one day, just wait. Male.

Height: 5'11
Weight: A good amount of it, thanks
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown (with noticable, natural blonde streak)
Shoe Size: 10
Ethnicity: White/Hispanic
Guitar Skills: Lacking
Relationship Status: Single
Basketball Skills: Also Lacking
Place on the sexual-orientation scale, with 1 being perfectly straight and 10 being perfectly gay: 3.12

Enjoys long walks/jogs/runs along the canal; rolls in snow.

Campaign Issues Supported: Support Animal Rights - allow snakes on planes and trains

Jermaniac
10-14-2006, 12:03 AM
I will pass on this one.

JayRedd
10-14-2006, 12:28 AM
JayRedd
Pacers Fan Since: Reggie dropped 25 in the 4th
Dislikes: John Starks
MO: Bad jokes and/or obscure movie quotes

* In Granger I Trust
* NBA commentary site that will re-launch in the next two weeks
* Future PD Fantasy BBall Champion
* Currently being mocked by Knicks fans. Yes, the team that employs Zeke.
* I'm kind of a big deal

PacerPerspective
10-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Here...

PacerPerspective
Pacers Fan Since: Jordan Retired
Dislikes: The Pacers Losing
MO: Reggie Miller is God...

* In J.O. I Trust
* Check out my stuff on RealGM.com
* Future PD Fantasy BBall Champion...for real!

Jermaniac
10-14-2006, 12:36 AM
How is Reggie God when Jermaine O'Neal is God, this is a one God religion. And JO was declared God first.

grace
10-14-2006, 12:43 AM
grace

Swore I'd never spend my own money on tickets to a professional sporting event. Then Kegboy wanted to go to six games one year. That turned into 7 years of season tickets. Gave up completely on the Pacers when they traded away Anthony Johnson.

LoneGranger33
10-14-2006, 12:44 AM
LG33
Sex: Male (not female)
Occupation: Boston College student (it's a school in the Boston area)
Location: Demarest, New Jersey (called the Garden State, although the Garden is in NYC so, go figure)
Taste in Music: Good (rock and/or roll)
Height: 5'11" (approximately 180.3 centimeters)
Weight: 150ish (thinner than Rob Corddry's hair)
Comparison: an Altoid - small, white and curiously strong

Fan since attending a playoff game in 1994 (against the Knicks, of course)...currently, my favorite Pacer is Danny Granger, but I liked Jalen Rose a lot (not really sure why)

JayRedd
10-14-2006, 12:45 AM
I liked Jalen Rose a lot

Wow...There's actually two of us here?

sweabs
10-14-2006, 12:47 AM
rcarey
Occupation: Student (City recreational supervisor/manager in summer)

- Been a Pacer fan before the Raptors had a franchise.
- Grew to love the Colts because of this board.
- Just graduated from the University of Western Ontario (UWO) last year and now beginning a second degree.
- Jazz enthusiast.
- Favourite players are currently Granger, Powell, and Marquis.

Gyron
10-14-2006, 12:55 AM
Gyron

-Been a pacers fan since the early 90's, became die hard in the late 90's. Reggie is responsible:)

-Granger is my new favorite player

-I only wish I had season tickets....

-New Father of a 2 week only son.

-Claim to fame....I was on Pacers Digest through about 3/4 of my wife labour a couple weeks ago in the hospital room. I love wireless internet.

P.S. Congrats Alabama on the pending nuptuals. Made me smile when I saw that.

LoneGranger33
10-14-2006, 12:58 AM

The others are waiting for the signal; we will emerge from the shadows when the time is right. Disclaimer: the time will probably never be right. I shouldn't say that, because I'm not entirely positive Hale-Bopp (and the spaceship tailgating it) won't come back around again.

Jazz enthusiast.

I'll assume you mean the Utah Jazz, the "Pacers of the West". In 1998, my dream almost came true: the Pacers versus the Jazz for the title. But of course Michael Jordan had to ruin it...and I've held a grudge against him ever since.

rexnom
10-14-2006, 01:01 AM
Rexnom
Occupation: Venture Capitalist/Owner of Maple Syrup Conglomerate/Student

- Pacers fan since the lock-out season.
- Favorite player is probably Jermaine O'Neal closely followed by Danny G.
- I'm the guy that has low expectations and reacts to all bad news Pacers-related with a "What? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing" attitude.

rexnom
10-14-2006, 01:03 AM
The others are waiting for the signal; we will emerge from the shadows when the time is right. Disclaimer: the time will probably never be right. I shouldn't say that, because I'm not entirely positive Hale-Bopp (and the spaceship tailgating it) won't come back around again.

I'll assume you mean the Utah Jazz, the "Pacers of the West". In 1998, my dream almost came true: the Pacers versus the Jazz for the title. But of course Michael Jordan had to ruin it...and I've held a grudge against him ever since.
I hope he meant the music genre considering he had Miles as his profile pic a while back.

p.s. I'm also a huge Jalen fan...and I don't care that he doesn't really play defense...remember when that wasn't a HUGE crime in Pacerland?

sweabs
10-14-2006, 01:04 AM
No - sorry. I meant actual jazz; the music.

But nothing against Utah :D

(Sidenote: Indiana has actually bred some very good jazz musicians over time - including the most influential in my musical studies: JJ Johnson).

JayRedd
10-14-2006, 01:06 AM
"What? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing" attitude.

You pooped in the refridgerator?...And ate a whole wheel of cheese?

Eindar
10-14-2006, 01:30 AM
Eindar

Occupation: Radio operator for Indiana State Police, working in the Data Operations Center. Prior to that, Ramp Agent for FedEx.

Fan since mid '80s. First memorable moment was being in attendance when we forced game 5 against the Celtics at MSA. "We're going back to Beantown!"

Peck
10-14-2006, 01:34 AM
Hmmm.... For the first time in my life I will answer one of these without joking.

Peck

Occupation: Critical Care Paramedic (for 21 years, Dear God part 2)

Family: One wife, one son (Diamond Dave), one daughter in-law, one cat & two puppy in-laws.

Pacers fan since the day I was born, honest I don't have any single memory of not being a Pacers fan (I was born in the year of the Pacers). I have had season tickets (in one form or the other) since 1985.

Favorite players of all time. Dale Davis, Billy Knight & Darnell Hillman. Favorite current Pacer? Granger/Harrison/Powell

Greatest dunk I've ever seen? Domonique Wilkins layed down a monster jam on us (I think it was 1987).

Greatest game I've ever seen by a non-Pacer? Charles Barkley just tore us up for a 40 point & almost 20 rebound game (I think it was 93)

Best moment as a Pacers fan? Game 3 of the first round of the 94 playoffs. When we spept Orlando the arena was filled with pure magic.

Dr. Goldfoot
10-14-2006, 01:35 AM
Musician
Indy

Pacer fan since I can remember. Prefer to take the games in @ home. I have a tendency to get distracted if I attend the games. I've probably attended over 100. I'm lucky enough to have connections to courtside seats & the suites. I tend to turn the sound down on my televison and tune into Mark & Slick. I haven't missed a broadcast since early 2000. I remember once having a party to watch the NBA.com channel for the score & in game highlights and listening to Mark & Slick on the radio for an untelevised game. My favorite Pacers are Jamaal Tinsley,Vern Fleming, LaSalle Thompson, Kenny Williams & Tyus Edney. My least favorite are Travis Best, Derrick McKey, Zan Tabak, Primoz Brezec, Brad Miller, Sarunus Jasikevicous & Anthony Johnson. I have a pair of "Pacer Playoff" shoes that I wore for every game from 1998-2000. I only wear them for actual playoff games and when I cut the grass these days. I like the new bad boy image the Pacers have inadvertently acquired the last few years. I had to excuse myself from the room when Reggie's last game ended. Chuck Person stepped on my foot once. I've partied w/ Victor Fleming and woke up sharing a sectional couch with him in the morning. I got Vern Fleming's autograph at Toy R us when I was a little kid. I cut Scot Pollard in line at The Midtown in Broad Ripple, he never got served and left. Reggie Miller lived next to my little sister's bestfriend on Geist. Manute Bol gave me a high five @ the first Pacer game I ever attended. I sat next to Slick at the bar at the downtown OTB one day for lunch. Sarunus was driving a red Mustang/Charger thru my neighborhood last year. I once played at JO's Club when it was still All-Star's. I once yelled vulgarities at Fred Hoiberg while unknowingly sitting next to his wife and father-in-law. The list goes on and on.....

Leisure Suit Larry
10-14-2006, 01:39 AM

Make that three. I swear I was one of the first people to get a Jalen jersey. As soon as he got drafted I got a Denver one.

Leisure Suit Larry
10-14-2006, 01:42 AM
Hmmm.... For the first time in my life I will answer one of these without joking.

Peck

Occupation: Critical Care Paramedic (for 21 years, Dear God part 2)

Family: One wife, one son (Diamond Dave), one daughter in-law, one cat & two puppy in-laws.

Pacers fan since the day I was born, honest I don't have any single memory of not being a Pacers fan (I was born in the year of the Pacers). I have had season tickets (in one form or the other) since 1985.

Favorite players of all time. Dale Davis, Billy Knight & Darnell Hillman. Favorite current Pacer? Granger/Harrison/Powell

Greatest dunk I've ever seen? Domonique Wilkins layed down a monster jam on us (I think it was 1987).

Greatest game I've ever seen by a non-Pacer? Charles Barkley just tore us up for a 40 point & almost 20 rebound game (I think it was 93)

Best moment as a Pacers fan? Game 3 of the first round of the 94 playoffs. When we spept Orlando the arena was filled with pure magic.

Your son's Diamond Dave?! I never knew.

Dr. Goldfoot
10-14-2006, 01:44 AM
Oh yeah, my favorite Pacer memory.....My brother and I took my nephew(huge Laker Fan in Laker regalia) to a Pacer/Laker game. The guy behind us poured a beer on him and my brother gave him a hi-five. We told him not to wear that crap!

LoneGranger33
10-14-2006, 01:47 AM
I hope he meant the music genre considering he had Miles as his profile pic a while back.

p.s. I'm also a huge Jalen fan...and I don't care that he doesn't really play defense...remember when that wasn't a HUGE crime in Pacerland?

I'll assume you mean C.J. Miles, and last time I checked, he IS a member of the Jazz...http://www.nba.com/playerfile/cj_miles/index.html

Btw, where do you go to school so close to me over in Chestnut Hill?

(Sidenote: Indiana has actually bred some very good jazz musicians over time - including the most influential in my musical studies: JJ Johnson).

I'm not sure if I believe you either...you really like rock 'n' roll don't you? Be honest now - nothing excites you more than some guy screaming his lungs out in the highest pitches he can reach, and some he can't.

Also - It has become painfully clear that PD needs a Jalen Rose tribute thread.

sweabs
10-14-2006, 01:53 AM
I'm not sure if I believe you either...you really like rock 'n' roll don't you? Be honest now - nothing excites you more than some guy screaming his lungs out in the highest pitches he can reach, and some he can't.
Sounds like the vocal substitute for any Ornette Coleman piece.

Zing!

Leisure Suit Larry
10-14-2006, 01:53 AM

Let's do it, seriously brought up some great memories. Definitely one of my favorite Pacers of all time.

LoneGranger33
10-14-2006, 01:57 AM
Sounds like the vocal substitute for any Ornette Coleman piece.

Zing!

Hahahah...I don't get it, but I'll take your word for it - what do you suggest for jazz neophytes? I mean, I used to play in the Jazz band (on the trumpet like MD --> but at the same time nothing like MD) in Middle School, so I guess I'm part of the in-crowd!

...I know, I'm only deceiving myself...

Calgary Jazz
10-14-2006, 02:56 AM

Well, I am die hard Jazz fan but Pacers are my second favorite team. So unlesss they play Jazz I cheer for them. I must admit I liked old Pacers more with Reggie, Smith, Marc Jackson, Davis ,etc. Right now team just doesn't play the same type of basketball. I do not like Jackson I think he is the cancer on Pacers team.

Mr. Pink
10-14-2006, 03:15 AM
Mr. Pink (Reservoir Dogs) and used to go by Sactolover05.

20 years old
Student at University of Southern Indiana (USI)
Majoring in Radio/Television Broadcasting

Been a fan for as long as I can remember. But did have a stint of spending more time on the Kings than the Pacers.

Favorite Pacer: Reggie (was at his last playoff game, and had to cry when he left the courth)
Favorite Non-Pacer: Shaq (Just because he acts like a big kid. That has its ups and downs)

I will crap my pants when we win a title. Quote me on it, and I'll prove myself via videocamera. :)

rexnom
10-14-2006, 03:33 AM
I'll assume you mean C.J. Miles, and last time I checked, he IS a member of the Jazz...http://www.nba.com/playerfile/cj_miles/index.html

Wow...the odds of a Jazz player named Miles when the greatest jazz player was also named Miles...amazing.

And definitely sign me up to the Jalen Rose tribute.

GO!!!!!
10-14-2006, 03:49 AM
GO!!!!!, thats 5 ! so be weary if imposters

Location: Tasmania, Australia, Lower half of the southern atmosphere, Home of the Tasmanian Devil

Occupation: Dreamer and soon to be warehouse storemen or Sales rep for Underwater World

Pacers fan since: Not really sure when it all started, I'd say around 94ish, not really sure to old to remember, Fav Players then Rik Smits and later including Mark Jackson, Now All Harrington and Fred Jones, Croshere too

Favorite players of all time. I'd have to go, Jax, Dutchy and Baby Al

Best moment as a Pacers fan? Every moment apart from the two you know, just loved being a pacer during the 90s when everyone else was a bulls, lakers or hornets fan, it's a tought gig but i sill love Indiana and the Pacers, just need to arrrive on em shores one day to cement myself as a true blue fan

burnzone
10-14-2006, 06:55 AM
Burnzone

Muncie

PC Tech

Pacers fan since 1982

RWB
10-14-2006, 07:34 AM
RWB

Started as a Pacer fan when I received my first Red White Blue basketball for Christmas in 196?

Favorite personal moment was a buzzer beating shot by Clark Kellogg against the then NBA darling Boston Celtics.

And as Peck alluded to that Orlando game the crowd was so pumped. Close to that was the thumping of Atlanta to move into the ECFs. Those really were good times.

Can't forget "CONGRATS ALABAMA R"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best wishes friend.

Will Galen
10-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Will Galen

I've followed the Pacers since before their birth.
Favorite Pacers, Big George, Rick Mount, Rick Smits, and now Grange. I haven't disliked any.

Fan of NASCAR, Yankees, Piers, beachs, bikinis, Big Brother, Surivor, Myth Busters and Texas Hold-um. I like to play the 'Need for Speed,' series, 'Hunting Unlimited' series, and I have all the 'Sims2' expansion packs.

OneHappyFan
10-14-2006, 08:46 AM
OneHappyFan aka NateM
Occapation: Chef
School: IvyTech OF Central Indiana; culinary arts/ restuarant manegment Owner of MaxCafe opening fall of 08
I have and a wonderful wife two boys (Aiden & Isaac(futrue NBA players)

I have been a Pacer fan for about 12 years ever since the 92-93 season. It was the first year I really started to watch the Pacers and have not missed a game since.
I go to about two to five games a year, hopefully I will get to own season tickets after my cafe takes off.
My fav players are; the Hulk, Granger, JO, hell the whole team:D
I to think the Pacers are going to suprise to NBA this year.
I like to read more than post

GO PACERS!!!

OneHappyFan
10-14-2006, 08:48 AM
Oh I forgot I was and still am JB's biggest fan, 07-08 comeback player of the year:D :D :D

obnoxiousmodesty
10-14-2006, 10:05 AM
obnoxiousmodesty

Location: Lafayette (home), West Lafayette (work and school), & Connersville (hometown)
Current Occupations: Both full-time college kid (history major) and print shop dude
Future Occupation: History professor or historical archivist/librarian

I've been a Pacers fan for as long as I can remember.
While I attend Purdue, I'm a diehard IU fan. I'm the person driving around West Lafayette with an IU plate on the front of my ride.
1.5 years 'til grad school!
I'm also a massive Colts fan.

317Kim
10-14-2006, 10:07 AM
PaCeRs_GiRL

Pacers fan since 1993.
Diehard since 1998.
Retired Pacer Ball Kid.
Pacemate to be (maybe?).
Hooper.
FANatic. :woot:
PD's Rookie of the Year
Voted Most Fanatical
Also Voted for being :sunshine:
Play-by-Plays in Game Thread

sixthman
10-14-2006, 10:26 AM
sixthman

Long time lurker, sometimes poster.

Have been a Pacers fan, literally, forever. I saw the ABA Pacers home opener in the other Fieldhouse in 1967.

Businessman with a fiscally conservative and, otherwise, liberal viewpoint on politics.

Favorite all-time Pacers moment has not yet happened, I trust, but, until it does, it didn't get better than the Rik Smits shot from the key in the playoffs against Orlando , the game where the lead shifted sides in the last minutes more than Robert Vaden.

ChicagoJ
10-14-2006, 10:36 AM
Jay
Family: Jay's_Wife@Section19, Jay's_Daughter@Section19
Lifelong Pacers fan
Chuck Person's biggest fan
Jalen Rose's sole defender on PD (you guys need to speak up more!)

Seed
10-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Seed

Current occupation: Full time dad to a 5 month old babygirl, and SW engineer in my free time.

Past occupation: Lieutenant in the Intelligence forces of the Israeli army (yes yes).

Pacers fan since: Saras placed his foot in the Fieldhouse. Thanks to this board I'll stay a fan long after he leaves.

Favorite Pacer: hmm, the whole 2nd unit.

heywoode
10-14-2006, 11:16 AM
RWB

Mortgage underwriter or high school principal??? :D

LoneGranger33
10-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by RWB http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/images/buttons/PDbuttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=485651#post485651)
RWB

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

heywoode: "Mortgage underwriter or high school principal??? :D"

Or maybe he's the lead singer of The Human Beinz (I'll be surprised if anyone gets that reference)...

RWB
10-14-2006, 11:48 AM
or high school principal??? :D

Wrong, but there are some similarities. I do work with older students and tell them to pour out the beer. :D

ABADays
10-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by RWB http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/images/buttons/PDbuttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=485651#post485651)
RWB

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

heywoode: "Mortgage underwriter or high school principal??? :D"

Or maybe he's the lead singer of The Human Beinz (I'll be surprised if anyone gets that reference)...

Like I do :D

Ultimate Frisbee
10-14-2006, 11:49 AM

I grew up in Indy... have loved the Pacers for a long time
I was an am a big Ron Artest fan... still think he's misunderstood
Not a JO fan at all... but will cheer for him as long as he is on the Pacers

ABADays
10-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Gyron

-Been a pacers fan since the early 90's, became die hard in the late 90's. Reggie is responsible:)

-Granger is my new favorite player

-I only wish I had season tickets....

-New Father of a 2 week only son.

-Claim to fame....I was on Pacers Digest through about 3/4 of my wife labour a couple weeks ago in the hospital room. I love wireless internet.

P.S. Congrats Alabama on the pending nuptuals. Made me smile when I saw that.

Big congrats to you as well, Gyron!

t-Bone
10-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Mr.Tony
Age 25

Been a fan really all my life, but got hooked in 93 and the famous 'Head butt incident' with the Evil Knicks and then the playoff runs of the 90's.Been to prolly 10 games.

DrBadd01
10-14-2006, 12:00 PM
DrBadd
occupation: college student/graduate (yeah for 2nd BA degrees!!!!)

Been a fan since Regge and Bird faced off in the early 90's

rela
10-14-2006, 12:03 PM
rela
pacersfan since i got a good internetconection to see some reggie scenes

PacerFan31
10-14-2006, 12:03 PM
PacerFan31

I've been a Pacer fan as long as I can remember.

rexnom
10-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Jay
Family: Jay's_Wife@Section19, Jay's_Daughter@Section19
Lifelong Pacers fan
Chuck Person's biggest fan
Jalen Rose's sole defender on PD (you guys need to speak up more!)
Apparently you missed the first two pages of this thread...we definitely need to start up a Jalen Rose appreciation thread.

Moses
10-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Moses

Occupation : Freshman at the University of Georgia..Live in Atlanta all the time, even during the summer. I work at the airport for the free airfare as well as a close temporary job to where I go to school..Not to mention I can get all the tickets I want round trip to Indy or Boston...(Pretty big NE fan..Favorite College FB team is FSU)

Been a Pacers fan since '96 when I first started paying alot of attention to the NBA. Reggie Miller was far and away my favorite basketball player...so the Pacers became my favorite team..and now I like alot of the guys on the current roster then I got to watch while watching Reggie.

heywoode
10-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Wrong, but there are some similarities. I do work with older students and tell them to poor out the beer. :D

You should at least give them a sporting chance to drink it all right in front of you. Whatever they can't drink, they have to pour out....Sound good?

Do we want to know what school??

When I was there, the rotund BSU cops were known for saying, "Stop! Or I'll yell stop again." The hardest ones to outrun were the ones on horseback, but it could still be done (and was many times!).

MaHa3000
10-14-2006, 12:37 PM
marcus
Family: wife, two boys ages 6 and 2

Always a Pacers fan. Colts fan. IU basketball.

My first favorite pacer was Chuck Person, then Reggie, then Al, then Reggie again, then Granger, now Al again. Really, I don't have a favorite.

I believe in the Pacers. This is Indiana. yea.

LoneGranger33
10-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Like I do :D

SWEET! If I had a prize to give, it'd be in the mail...I thought it was too obscure/unspecific for sure, but you've renewed my faith in humanity!

HoboRaskolnikov
10-14-2006, 01:25 PM
HoboRaskolnikov

Wandering around the Digest since yesterday. Really like it here. Considering to stay for a while. If only I could get some alcoholic beverages.....and perhaps some free food as well.

ESutt7
10-14-2006, 01:29 PM
ESutt7

Pacer fan since I moved back to Indiana (1st grade). Rik was always my boy, and I loved Mark Jackson, and of course Reggie. Favorites now: Jermaine, Danny, Al, Shawne (I watched a lot of Memphis last year), James bc of those nasty dunks, and Marquis should be fun to watch too. Looking forward to basketball season!

OTD
10-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Guess I am the oldest one to post in here.73 Started with the Pacers the first game. My favorites, are Neto, and Foster. Not that they were the best but were the best team players, did and do the Dirty work that no one eles will do. Retired welder, Kokomo area.

RWB
10-14-2006, 02:12 PM
Guess I am the oldest one to post in here.73 Started with the Pacers the first game. My favorites, are Neto, and Foster.

If you're a fan of Neto I hope you made it to fanjam. Neto was one of the signees in the autograph areas that evening and was very pleasant to talk to. Also love to hear some of the stories about the ABA days and that goes for some other posters as well.

PacerPerspective
10-14-2006, 02:28 PM
How is Reggie God when Jermaine O'Neal is God, this is a one God religion. And JO was declared God first.

Reggie Miller has been God since 1987...Jermaine was what ten then?

PacerPerspective
10-14-2006, 02:31 PM

Really? I'm in that area...we should meet up and go to a Pacers-Celtics game...IM me...

btowncolt
10-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Btowncolt

Ragnar
10-14-2006, 02:39 PM
Ragnar

Isaac
10-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Name: Isaacalakazam
Age- 304 and a quarter
Occupation- Fishing Rod
Location- The Red Sea

Arcadian
10-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Arcadian

@ Arcadia in L.A. County

32 years old.

Reared in Broad Ripple.

My first Pacer vivid memory was my Dad telling me we traded for Thompson and a shrimp. Loved Dale Davis, Travis Best, Al Harrington and still believe in Jonathan Bender.

Jermaniac
10-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Reggie Miller has been God since 1987...Jermaine was what ten then?Jermaine was God since he was born

Seed
10-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Jermaine was God since he was born
There's a slight contradiction in this sentence, but I'm sure JO can fix it.:)

Drewtone
10-14-2006, 03:08 PM

Fair's fair now... As a guitar player, I must say that any conversation about Indy-bred jazz greats begins and ends with Wes Montgomery. Ofcourse, Toronto can hang its hat on Oscar Peterson.

And for the roll call record, my favorite Pacer moment continues to be the time back in '95 when Slick Leonard drank me under the table at Plump's Last Shot on some random Tuesday night.

Knucklehead Warrior
10-14-2006, 03:15 PM
What a great thread!

Retired Software Developer
Old enough to know better; old enough to not give a damn
Live out by Eagle Creek
Pacer fan since Larry Staverman
I'll be dead before Soup is famous.
Former season ticket holder
No clean slate.
Favorite Pacer - Roger Brown.

Didn't see it, but George McGinnis once got 51 points and 37 rebounds.
Shaq had nothing on ol' George at the FT line. Once saw him put an airball OVER the backboard.

Favorite all time basketball memory (not Pacer):
Dr J driving the right lane 15 feet out, goes air, defender hanging on him like a cheap suit, as both go over the baseline, Dr J flips the ball to his left hand, shooting from out of bounds, swish.

RamBo_Lamar
10-14-2006, 03:17 PM
RamBo_Lamar

Named in honor of: Dwight "Bo" Lamar, who was with the San Diego
Conquistadors before coming to the Pacers for a brief stint.

Pacer fan since: About 1972 or 73

Fond memories: The Pacers playing against the Kentucky Colonels...
The chill of fear I would get as the camera zoomed in on Artis Gilmore
before the game.

Favorite Pacers memory: When Spike Lee made Reggie angry and he
went on that incredible 4th quarter scoring spree to defeat the Knicks.

JayRedd
10-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Jermaine was God since he was born

If so: Can Jermaine O'Neal create a boulder so heavy that not even He can lift it?

Mr. Sobchak
10-14-2006, 03:41 PM
Peskoe97

Occupation: Student at University of Dayton, Sport Management Major
Originally from: Indianapolis
Born Pacer Fan
Favorite Pacer of all time: Derrick McKey
Favorite Current Pacer: Danny Granger

LoneGranger33
10-14-2006, 03:41 PM
Really? I'm in that area...we should meet up and go to a Pacers-Celtics game...IM me...

I've already got my tickets for the 11/15, but sadly only two...I'll probably take a BC friend...however, we could certainly discuss how our team is the greatest before or afterwards. Anyways, we need to get a Pacers fan roll call for the greater Boston area. Umm, I'll start a separate thread in the Shout Box section right now.

Israfan
10-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Name: Israfan, former Lithfan
Location 2: Vilnius, Lithuania, 10%
Favourite Pacers: Saras, Granger, JO.
Pacers fan since: 9.8 and especially since Saras&Indiana (Love story/Tragedy?)
I think PD is best place on the net to discuss bball in general (not only NBA).

ABADays
10-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Btowncolt

Boston?!?!?!?! When the hell did you go there? Obviously to be closer to the Pats!

btowncolt
10-14-2006, 03:48 PM
Boston?!?!?!?! When the hell did you go there? Obviously to be closer to the Pats!

About a month ago.

Go Patriots!

LoneGranger33
10-14-2006, 03:49 PM
Btowncolt

Hahahha, I didn't even think there was anything out of place here until I reread it when someone else quoted it in their post.

I can totally relate though...I worked under NJ Governor Jim McGreevey...LITERALLY!

The Hustler
10-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Hustler

Pacer Fan: Cause of reggie miller back in the late 90s .... often stay up till 2/3/4 in the morning to watch games when i can ... prettymuch a pacers junkie now

Seed
10-14-2006, 03:55 PM
Hi man,
Great to have you as a teammate. Let's hope for a better season ;)

Israfan
10-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Hi man,
Great to have you as a teammate. Let's hope for a better season ;)
Hi!
Its mutual. ;) Lets hope for a better season and more broadcasts.
Shana Tova!

Alpolloloco
10-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Alpolloloco

Originally from: Heemskerk, The Netherlands (near Amsterdam)

Pacer Fan since Wayman Tisdale was drafted, I watched him at night on the television (in a time when NBA basketball was a rarity to see in Europe) at the Olympics in 1984 and was a big fan of his game. After Rik Smits joined the Pacers in 1988 I followed them more closely (through some sportsmagazines who were sold in a American bookstore in Amsterdam) and after I finally had a computer with internet in 2000 I could watch and read some more from my favourite NBA team.

Favorite Pacer of all time: Mark Jackson
Favorite Current Pacer: Sarunas Jasikevicius

ABADays
10-14-2006, 04:44 PM
Go Patriots!

Fine! Just fine!

Naptown_Seth
10-14-2006, 05:18 PM
Nap

About 8 blocks from Conseco because I'm that big a fan

EE, now with a dash of student/writing, but looking to get back to a nice EE job

First game around 78. Never had seasons, typically go by myself to sit closer and wife is only mildly into the team. I have seen AB1077 reasonably drunk in the BLR, so I can vouch for that.

Spent some time in H'town - Don't Mess with Texas

I moved back in 2000 just in time for the end of the seasons. Had 3rd row for the first Knicks game, then saw Spike Lee sitting about 5 seats away from that seat in game 2, too bad I wasn't anywhere near that seat for game 2.

Favorite game attended - game 5 vs LA in 2000 is close, but I think game 4 vs Boston in 92 was the most electric

Favorite activity - walking home from Conseco after a huge playoff win, there's nothing like it. It makes the losses tolerable.

I went to the only NBA draft held in Indy and saw Boiler Big Dog get his name called.

My 3 teams are Pacers, Yanks, Colts, in that order...but it sucks to choose sometimes. I was a major Patriots fan till around 88, as I was becoming a Colts fan. 85 was a great ride, but that SB really sucked. Of course now I hate them as much as I used to love them...thank Bledsoe and Coates for starting that feeling, a'holes.

Yes, I rooted for the Yanks even around 89-92 era. I thought Danny Tartabull was going to be a nice addition.

My favorite recently cut show - Arrested Development

My favorite current show - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I was at the MSA draft party when they took Reggie. I cheered when others boo'd because I was already a Purdue fan and hated everything IU. I miss those draft party days at MSA.

If so: Can Jermaine O'Neal create a boulder so heavy that not even He can lift it?
:D Also a huge Carlin fan. I grew up listening to an 8-track of Class Clown. "...but then you cross the international date line.." :) That whole bit is just hilarious.

Roy Munson
10-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Roy Munson

Adopted the Pacers as 'my team' when they drafted Freddy and because I was sick and tired of the antics and attitudes of the Blazers. Hoping Pacers can rid themselves of cancer and avoid about a decade of trying to recover from having the wrong types of people on the team.

cramerica
10-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Cramerica

Originally from Plainfield, IN and been a Pacers fan for as long as I can remember. Joined the AF when I was 18 and try to see the P's whenver I can.

ABADays
10-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Cramerica

Originally from Plainfield, IN and been a Pacers fan for as long as I can remember. Joined the AF when I was 18 and try to see the P's whenver I can.

And just where have you been young man?

thunderbird1245
10-14-2006, 09:39 PM
name: Thunderbird1245
occupation: Sales manager of a car dealership, part time basketball coach

Pacer fan since Larry legend retired from the Celtics, until then the Pacers were my second choice. Really became a big big fan when Larry Brown came aboard....big fan ever since.

Ive tried to attend a game or 2 per season....my favorite game in person was sitting in a luxury suite with free tickets watching the Kobe/Shaq Lakers play us a few years ago, even though we lost that night in overtime.

pacers31tc
10-14-2006, 10:13 PM
pacers31tc

I've been a Pacers fan since the '95 Playoffs and it all started with Reggie. JO is my favorite current Pacer and 'Quis is my favorite newcomer. I've gone to 13 games in the last 5 seasons in Indianapolis, Memphis, Milwaukee, New Orleans, and Dallas. This season I'm going to games in Indianapolis, Chicago, Atlanta, Oklahoma City, Memphis, and Houston.

pacerpride
10-14-2006, 10:19 PM
pacerpride

Proud father of two daughters ages 4 and 2.

Fan since late 70's - Johnny Davis, Billy Knight and Dudley Bradley are a few of my favorites from that era.

Vern Fleming, Dale Davis and Chuck Person are some of my favorites in more recent history.

Granger has that honor right now.

Worst call as a Pacer fan: I thought Donnie was a dumb*** for trading Chuck instead of Reggie. Oops.

pacers31tc
10-14-2006, 10:28 PM
Oh, Jalen Rose is my 2nd favorite Pacer of all-time btw. So add me to that list.

cramerica
10-14-2006, 11:45 PM
And just where have you been young man?
I've been here. Just not posting hardly at all but I'm on here atleast 3 or 4 times a week. How are things?

Mac_Daddy
10-14-2006, 11:56 PM
Mac_Daddy (aka Brian)
Occupation: Student (University of Indianapolis) / Student worker (Residence Life)

Been a Pacers fan since roughly '93-'94. Really became interested when Reggie dropped some big ones in the playoffs against NY. Been a huge fan since, I still support all the players on the team, no matter what they do off-court. The only player I've hated on the team yet has been Ron, and that's when he became ungratefull and was traded :-).

Only go to a couple of games a year, but I follow them closely.

I read most everything on here (ADD kicks in a lot) , but rarely post.

abington
10-15-2006, 12:10 AM
abington
in: Madison, Wi
occ: attorney
lucky enough: to have girlfriend in Pacifica, Ca.
love to: work out and drink Fresca and diet Mountain Dew
pissed about: keeping Tinsley over AJ
really pissed about: losing JJ and keeping goofs like S. Felony Jackson
convinced: Saras in not an NBA level talent
still miss: #31
the 06-07 season: the least excited i have been about being a Pacer fan in 12 years.

Stryder
10-15-2006, 12:36 AM
Stryder

Been a Pacers fan for a few years, hoping this season can be good and steer clear of any more shenanigans.

Whtwudusay
10-15-2006, 12:56 AM
Whtwudusay (AKA J.R.)
Location: Western PA via Lafayette, IN with a four year stop in Bloomington to get a degree

Been a Pacers fan since 1989-1990 when I can remember starting to follow the NBA.
All-Time Favorite Pacers Players: Reggie, Vern Flemming, Heywood Workman, Michael Williams, Mark Jackson
Favorite Current Pacers Player: Al Harrington and JO - I have a feeling I'm going to become a fan of Danny Granger and Josh Powell though
Least Favorite Pacers Player: Pooh Richardson - and I'm not really sure why.
Favorite Fan Moments: Being at the first round clincher against Orlando that started the first big playoff run, meeting Vern Flemming in the Charlotte airport not long after Shaq knocked him silly.

Other teams: Colts, White Sox, IU, and Purdue

twscholl
10-15-2006, 12:59 AM
TWScholl (Timothy)

What pays the Bills: Academic Dean at small school in CA

Location: Ventura, CA (Grew up in Connersville, Grad from U of Evansville '93 Uof Nebraska '98, U of California Santa Barbara '05)

Family: Wife and baby girl on the way (January 07)

Pacers Fan Since: Early 80's. I remember the days before Reggie.

Favorite Player: Reggie Miller

Current Player: Tough to call. Whomever steps up as a leader this year.

Here's to a better year than predicted. :cheers:

Evan_The_Dude
10-15-2006, 01:16 AM
Ev_eezy (Evan, Ev, whatever)

Occupation: A very liked car salesman, Lincoln Tech student, & IRL (Dreyer & Reinbold Racing) Team intern

Location: Indianapolis, In. but my heart rests in Oakland, Ca.

Fact: Jalen Rose was on our finals team. What else needs to be said?

Pacers Fan since: Since the day I got into sports about 16 years ago.

Favorite player: None really. But the player I'd most like to see wearing a Pacers uni is Kobe Bryant. He's just the most dominant guy in the game.

- Likes to drive fast and take cars apart, then put them together better than they were before

- Has an awsome jumpshot. I could teach SJax a thing or two...

- Was a big fan of Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf aka Chris Jackson.

- Barry White fan.

- Loves to watch B.E.T. after 8:00pm because Jamie Foxx, In Living Color, and the Wayans Brothers are my favorite shows.

- Frequents comedy clubs

- Drinks Bud Light and likes Long Island Iced Teas.

JayRedd
10-15-2006, 02:19 AM
Jalen Rose for President

rexnom
10-15-2006, 03:13 AM
Question: Is there anything sweeter than watching Jalen Rose rain in his jumpers? Seriously. I was watching that game six of the 2000 finals where we were MUCH closer to beating the Lakers than I originally remembered and they could not stop Jalen. Unreal. Just J after J after J. Stupid Glen Rice phantom call.

Fireball Kid
10-15-2006, 03:34 AM
Fireball Kid

I'm trying to figure out whether I want to be a Journalist or a Computer Programmer.

And as for the Pacers? Well, I really don't know what to expect this upcoming season. I hope 'Quis gets alot of minutes. I hope Harrington fits well in the lineup. I hope Tinsley stays healthy. I hope Jermaine O'Neal has an MVP season. I hope the Pacers make it at least to the semi-finals of the playoffs.

And I don't feel like talkin about Stephen Jackson.

NZPacer
10-15-2006, 05:23 AM
NZPacer

Occupation: Just finishing up an Accounting Honours Degree. Working for PriceWaterHouseCoopers in February

I have been a Pacers fan since the 1997-1998 reason. I got given a video about Reggie, and have been hooked ever since.
I've been to one Pacers game - February this year against Golden State. Went to the game as part of a trip to the US with my dad and brother. We were visiting my uncle in Los Angeles for 2 weeks. To see the game, we flew out of Los Angeles and into Indianopolis at 5pm, booked into a hotel just down the street from Conseco, went to the game, and then flew back to Los Angeles at 5am the next day. Had such a great time - Conseco Fieldhouse is an amazing stadium.

I listen to Mark and Slick most games I can. ESPN shows probably 3 Pacer games a year.

I have two memorable moments really. The first one was Reggie's shot against the Bulls in 1997-1998. The other moment was Reggie's shot against the Sixers a few years back (I think it was the first year we had JO). Got up at 5am to watch that game. We were down double-digits most of that game, but came back and won - was very fun to watch.

My favourite game - Game 4 against the Pistons in 2004. Can still picture Cro hitting all those threes

Keep up the good work everyone - Pacers Digest is such a great site

TRich
10-15-2006, 07:23 AM
T-Rich

Fan since Reggie's 25 in the 4th against the Knicks. Seen a few games in person in New York, but none involving the pacers. Will happen though!

able
10-15-2006, 08:14 AM
I feel a London PD party coming up . ... :D

TRich
10-15-2006, 08:43 AM
I like the idea! :) Seriously, there does seem to be a fair few UK-based posters. Get a few of the euros over and it would be quite a party. Now the big question... the Haymarket sports bar or Bodeans?

able
10-15-2006, 09:02 AM
I'm all for the Haymarket one :)

we just gotta make sure there's a game on :D

skyfire
10-15-2006, 09:16 AM
skyfire

Reggie convert since the '96 Olympics. Been following Pacers religiously since the start of the 61win season.

BBALL56HACKER
10-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Larry

Fan since the ABA day`s. Favorite old Pacer Roger Brown. Favorite present REGGIE MILLER (soon to be D. Granger). Attend almost all weekend games (fri.-sun.). Enjoy the Colts also.
Really bad with computors, so may need to give me a little break with this.
THANKS

indygeezer
10-15-2006, 10:16 AM
Indygeezer here (still and Again)

age...not quite as old as Alabama-Redneck but I got a 40 year old kid.

occupation....retired and now in real estate

College.....(Uni of Indy alumus) also attended ISU....and grad school at Butler

Fan of U of Michigan (Free football tic heck yeah I'll root for em!!)

Attended 1st ever Pacer Home game in BOTH ABA and NBA

Season tix holder back when it wasn't cool to be one.

Have NEVER liked the way the arenas are lit now.....prefer the old Coleseum method of dark arena with brightend floor. Focused the attention on the game not the fans. Now the pl;ayers tend to get lost in the background.

Met Big Mac and Gus Johnson courtside after an ABA game...my pop and I were both giddy after that.

joles519
10-15-2006, 11:32 AM
joles519 (mostly just reading posts, so I guess I am a lurker)
female
Franklin, IN
Work at Riley Children's Hospital in research
long time basketball fan (raised on Boilermaker ball), long time Pacers fan, long time Colts fan too. My mom and I attended about 10 Pacers games last year; I watched all of the others on TV. We are planning on going to some more this year. I have been noted for my "enthusiasm" at games. Do not believe in booing my own team; I am always there to support them (even though it may be a trial to do so). I like Jalen Rose just fine. And last week I was perfect (14-0) on my HBO Beat the Hosts NFL picks (just had to add that because it has never happened to me before).
:)

fooddaman
10-15-2006, 07:49 PM
Fooddaman (Brian, BC)

Favorite Pacer of all time: Reggie Miller
Favorite Current pacer: toss up between JO and Granger
Favorite Football team: Colts
Favorite TV shows: Lost, 24, Heros
Favorite Movies: Lord of the Rings (all three), Matrix (all three)

I've been a pacers fan since the early 90's. I used to be a Bulls fan (mainly b/c of Jordan), but I started supporting the local team during the times they were contending early on and I have been on board since.

I only get to go to one game a year due to time and $$. I watch the rest on TV.

indygeezer
10-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Roy Munson

Adopted the Pacers as 'my team' when they drafted Freddy and because I was sick and tired of the antics and attitudes of the Blazers. Hoping Pacers can rid themselves of cancer and avoid about a decade of trying to recover from having the wrong types of people on the team.

oh I love your Avatar, btw

PacerPerspective
10-15-2006, 08:15 PM
I've already got my tickets for the 11/15, but sadly only two...I'll probably take a BC friend...however, we could certainly discuss how our team is the greatest before or afterwards. Anyways, we need to get a Pacers fan roll call for the greater Boston area. Umm, I'll start a separate thread in the Shout Box section right now.

I'm headed to the 11/15 game too with my girlfriend, my roommate and his gf...we'll have to keep in touch...Where are you sitting?

indygeezer
10-15-2006, 08:15 PM
What a great thread!

Retired Software Developer
Old enough to know better; old enough to not give a damn
Live out by Eagle Creek
Pacer fan since Larry Staverman
I'll be dead before Soup is famous.
Former season ticket holder
No clean slate.
Favorite Pacer - Roger Brown.

Didn't see it, but George McGinnis once got 51 points and 37 rebounds.
Shaq had nothing on ol' George at the FT line. Once saw him put an airball OVER the backboard.

Favorite all time basketball memory (not Pacer):
Dr J driving the right lane 15 feet out, goes air, defender hanging on him like a cheap suit, as both go over the baseline, Dr J flips the ball to his left hand, shooting from out of bounds, swish.

I WAS THERE!!!!! Tix were $8.00 ea then. COurse I only made like $60.00/week.

Knucklehead Warrior
10-15-2006, 08:27 PM
I WAS THERE!!!!! Tix were $8.00 ea then. COurse I only made like $60.00/week.

Damn Geez. Remember when you could play golf for TWO BUCKS? $2.50 weekends. I was making $77/week and I worked 5.5 days. Damn again. I remember buying a new motorcycle and going to England Cycle on W. 10th St. every Friday to pay them 50 bucks. That left me with $27 for rent, utilities, food, and gas. And I did it for 8 weeks. And then bought a car for $165. Now I'm thinking about buying a 10-yr old car and it costs more than my parents' house back then.

LoneGranger33
10-15-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm headed to the 11/15 game too with my girlfriend, my roommate and his gf...we'll have to keep in touch...Where are you sitting?

Dude, don't you know girls have cooties?

But seriously now, I'm not sure about the seating because my dad got the tickets for me and he's sending them in the mail from Jersey (I have yet to receive them)...I'll keep you posted though for sure - you gonna wear a jersey?

PacerPerspective
10-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Dude, don't you know girls have cooties?

But seriously now, I'm not sure about the seating because my dad got the tickets for me and he's sending them in the mail from Jersey (I have yet to receive them)...I'll keep you posted though for sure - you gonna wear a jersey?

For sure...I'll probably wear my J.O. or Granger...How you been to TD Bank North? It's my Senior year...I've been to about ten Pacer-Celtic games while I've been in school...the people are decent...There are some nice ones, but there's always a few bad apples...

I'm sitting in the baloncy, I'm on a budget, so I got the $10 seats. Hopefully, for your stake your Dad spent a lil more....lol

LoneGranger33
10-15-2006, 10:26 PM
I've been to two playoff, two regular season, and one pre-season, but I think the arena was still the Fleetcenter for all of them. I'm a junior, so I'm not on pace to hit 10. I dunno...my dad can be really cheap sometimes, and then overspend other times...for instance, he was really cheap for a Celts/Pacers playoff game in 2004 (I used "looking at colleges" as an excuse, but it turns out I got rejected by other schools and ended up here anyhow) but somehow we managed to get a seat 3 rows back from the floor, just close enough to the guy screaming "Tim Hardaway, you're a ****ing has-been!" in the greatest Boston accent I've ever heard (suffice it to say, I'm glad I didn't own a jersey at that point in my life). On the other hand, he's probably going to be buying Mets/Tigers (I'm a Tigers fan) series tickets if thats the matchup...which will be the big dollars for sure. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say the 40 dollar zone...I never seem to be able to get the 10 dollar tickets - where do I find them? Are they not available online?

Naptown_Seth
10-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Have NEVER liked the way the arenas are lit now.....prefer the old Coleseum method of dark arena with brightend floor. Focused the attention on the game not the fans. Now the pl;ayers tend to get lost in the background.
Me too. One of the things I love about the Garden is its dark backdrop, and it was always my contention that the dark shooting background is why Reggie went off at MSG so many times.

Plus I love the effect of the lights going down to signal an event starting. Sometimes at Conseco the tip is almost "oh, let's start some ball or something", especially in the post-intro buzz and confusion as they run all the crap off the court and fans settle back in.

PacerPerspective
10-15-2006, 10:43 PM
I never seem to be able to get the 10 dollar tickets - where do I find them? Are they not available online?

I am always able to get them on-line at Ticketmasters, or via RealGM tix. I've been to eight regular season games and two playoff ones. Many a time I've bought $10 seats and been sitting virtually courtside by the third quarter, especially when the weather is bad or the Celtics are on the losing streak.

As a Pacer fan near the court you stand out. Between my girlfriend and myself we have a collection of four headbands and three wristbands....along with a ton of autographs...the Pacers are really nice when they see fans in opposing arenas...

When I'm not strapped for cash, I look to get seats near the visitors tunnel...I believe that's section two...that's where I've gotten the game-used pieces and autographs...

We'll have to meet up at some point during the game...make sure you weear a jersey...trust me, the fans aren't all too bad. I'm built much like the Lord himself, Reggie, and now one has even given me much crap...

joeyd
10-15-2006, 11:59 PM
Joey D.

Former Lakers fan; converted to Pacers after my daughter starting taking a liking to the home team, and Kobe pissed me off once too often.

Favorite current Pacer: Granger

LoneGranger33
10-16-2006, 12:20 AM
I am always able to get them on-line at Ticketmasters, or via RealGM tix. I've been to eight regular season games and two playoff ones. Many a time I've bought $10 seats and been sitting virtually courtside by the third quarter, especially when the weather is bad or the Celtics are on the losing streak.

As a Pacer fan near the court you stand out. Between my girlfriend and myself we have a collection of four headbands and three wristbands....along with a ton of autographs...the Pacers are really nice when they see fans in opposing arenas...

When I'm not strapped for cash, I look to get seats near the visitors tunnel...I believe that's section two...that's where I've gotten the game-used pieces and autographs...

We'll have to meet up at some point during the game...make sure you weear a jersey...trust me, the fans aren't all too bad. I'm built much like the Lord himself, Reggie, and now one has even given me much crap...

Hahhaha, well, man is suppposed to be created in God's image right? I also have the Reggie physique - Of course, I'm less athletic, can't hit a jumper as well, but at least I've got better teeth...that's gotta count for something.

One of the games I went to, it might have been the preseason game, the Celtics fans started a "Yankees suck!" chant...so they are rabid, but just not for the Celtics right now.

jjbjjbjjb
10-16-2006, 12:21 AM
JJB

Born and raised in Indianapolis, Cathedral H.S., Northwestern U. (first year there=Rose Bowl), lived and worked for several years in Chicago after college, then chucked it to come to GMU (first year here=Final Four) and chase an econ Ph.D.

I've always been a Pacers fan. I remember going to the first-round playoff games year after year with my dad until they finally broke through in '94.

I think I am more excited about the players on the bench than about the starters.

SycamoreKen
10-16-2006, 01:12 AM
SycamoreKen

Occupation: Unemployed, should be substitute teaching by the end of the week.

Location: San Antonio Hometown, Terre Haute (THN class of '88 & Ind. State Class of '92)

I've been a Pacers fan since the classic Person/Bird battle in the playoffs, (otherwise known as when they started showing Pacers games on free t.v. in Terre Haute. We lived in the country, there was no cable, and the antenna didn't get the Indy stations.)

I don't have an all time or current favorite Pacer, but then I may be past the favorite player stage since most don't stay with their teams forever anymore.

My most memorable live Pacer game moment was her against the Spurs in the season Al got hurt. The game was close and at the end the refs made a bogus call against us that gave SA the ball and killed the game for us. I got a little crazy and my wife got so embarrassed that she still won't go with me to a Pacers/Spurs game.

Second most Mem. Moment was the game down here a couple of seasons ago when Hedo hit the 3 at the buzzer to send it into overtime. with 1.5 seconds left I think. Spurs fans were leaving and I turned to my father-in-law-laughing telling him they were crazy because the game wasn't over. Unfortunately I was right.

Leisure Suit Larry
10-16-2006, 01:17 AM
JJB

Born and raised in Indianapolis, Cathedral H.S., Northwestern U. (first year there=Rose Bowl), lived and worked for several years in Chicago after college, then chucked it to come to GMU (first year here=Final Four) and chase an econ Ph.D.

I've always been a Pacers fan. I remember going to the first-round playoff games year after year with my dad until they finally broke through in '94.

I think I am more excited about the players on the bench than about the starters.

Can you transfer to IU next year? We could use a championship.

Raskolnikov
10-16-2006, 03:20 AM
Raskolnikov

Pacers fan since the Jalen Rose era.

Spending way too much time here at times.

Going to brush my teeth.

Not having anything to add to the above.

Diamond Dave
10-16-2006, 09:15 AM
Diamond Dave

Pacers fan since birth. I was born the same day the Pacers drafted their only ROY, the infamous Chuck Person. Dale Davis is my favorite Pacer of all-time. Next would have to be Brad or Reggie. Major Colts fan, however I'll freely admit were doomed in the playoffs this year.

I recently got married and adopted two puppies, and I start a Paramedic Program tommorrow.

Smooth_for_Pres.
10-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Thanks for this thread since I am still relatively new.

PAC
Hometown : Naptown
Born: St. Louis, MO GO CARDS!!

Pacers fan since I could say Blue and Gold. Used to get exiled to my parents room to watch games with my big bro because no one else wanted to watch them.
Fav players: Smooth, Mark Jackson (how we miss you!), Double D, Danny Granger, and FLIGHT, FLIGHT, FLIGHT!:devil:
I'm also the only person I know who attended a playoff game in Detroit last season. Very interesting...

Putnam
10-16-2006, 09:22 AM
OK, my turn

Putnam
location: live in a farmhouse in Putnam County, work downtown Indy
occupation: labor economist, formerly 3rd world community development agent and missionary
number of games attended: at Pepsi Coliseum (1), at MSA (100+), at Conseco (1)

Darnell Hillman's hair...the Pacers-Colonels rivalry...the red,white and blue ball...McGinnis...the dark years...the great 1983 revival season...Kenny Williams (the original "project")...Chuck "the Rifleman" Person...the endearing mediocrity of Lasalle Thompson and Vern Fleming...the splendor of any one of Reggie Miller's back-to-the-basket catch, spin and shoot three-pointers...Detlef-for-Derrick (and Gerald Paddio!)...Rik's sore feet...Mark Jackson's shimmy dance...Heywoode's blue-collar attitude, and the bandaid he stuck on his bald head the game when Jordan came out of retirement and we licked the Bulls on national TV...Boomer sliding down the rope...Ewing scores a single point in the 1994 playoffs...the Pacers-Knicks rivalry...(all the following experienced as through a glass darkly, from scattered reports and occasional letters from home): Dale Davis for Jermaine O'Neal...finally a chance at the championship in 2000...Pacers gear on sale in the Tolchuk bazaar, and people coming up to me saying, "Eendeeahnah!! Yes, Leji Mee-layr is gud bahsketboll!!"... reorganization...Jalen's team...Ron's team...61 wins in a season...nominees for coach of the year, MVP and defensive POY...oops, Detroit took it away...the brawl... a season salvaged...an offseason wasted...the TruWarier begs off, Peja arrives...Reggie's number retired...return to the US in early 2006 to find: ...boring offense...a franchise that has lost its way...

bluejrdn5
10-16-2006, 09:28 AM
bluejrdn5
Hometown : Indianapolis

Have been a Pacer fan for as long as I can remember. Been to several games in the past 4-5 seasons......and now starting to take my son (10 yrs old) to a few.
GO PACERS !!!

BillS
10-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Man, take time away to marry off your daughter and look what happens...

BillS
Currently in Atlanta but will be back in Danville IN before the end of next year!

Fan since The Beginning but my amazing sieve-like memory forbids me from pulling out too many highlight moments. I remember going nuts after listening to the Pacers beat the Colonels for the ABA Championship on the radio so that must have been in '73. I remember Champagne Opening Night the year the Simons bought the team (still have my tux T-Shirt).

My best game might just be the first second-round playoff game in Atlanta in 94 - not for any particular game-related reason, but because it was there that I managed to hook my wife on the Pacers and begin a series of game attendance that indirectly led to the move back Home.

Seed
10-16-2006, 11:17 AM
What a great thread.

mugsy27
10-16-2006, 11:30 AM
m27

age 35
job: network engineer
location: live in columbia, md (1/2 way between baltimore and dc) work in baltimore.
pacers fan since college years living in boston ('89-93)
use to love going with college friends to pacers v celtics games and being the only one rooting for pacers!

huge redskins fan and cannot begin to describe how disapointed i am with this season...if the pacers to kick some major a$$..i may have to go looking for the razor blades. :(

PacerPerspective
10-16-2006, 11:44 AM
Hahhaha, well, man is suppposed to be created in God's image right? I also have the Reggie physique - Of course, I'm less athletic, can't hit a jumper as well, but at least I've got better teeth...that's gotta count for something.

One of the games I went to, it might have been the preseason game, the Celtics fans started a "Yankees suck!" chant...so they are rabid, but just not for the Celtics right now.

I know about the Yankees suck chants, because I'm a Yankee fan...:-o

JayRedd
10-16-2006, 11:49 AM

It is also a truth we hold to be self-evident

Slick Pinkham
10-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Tom
originally: south central Indiana (Jennings County)

Pacers fan since I was about 7 years old

BoomBaby31
10-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Nic

Hometown: Bloomington/Spencer

Been a Pacers fan since I was a little itty bitty kid and during the Reggie years an avid cryer, when we were put out every year.

Since86
10-16-2006, 02:34 PM
You should at least give them a sporting chance to drink it all right in front of you. Whatever they can't drink, they have to pour out....Sound good?

Do we want to know what school??

When I was there, the rotund BSU cops were known for saying, "Stop! Or I'll yell stop again." The hardest ones to outrun were the ones on horseback, but it could still be done (and was many times!).

They don't yell now, they just shoot.

Bad, bad, bad joke, I know. But it was an opening.

Since86 (Noah)
Location: Muncie IN (currently) Parker City IN (hometown) Someone might get a cookie if they can give some kind of proof they've actually been there, or know where it is.

Been a fan of basketball since birth, first word was ball. Dominque Wilkins was my first favorite player. Used to watch Pacer games by myself, because my family loathes professional baskteball, around the age of 6. Macgyver and Doogie Hauser just didnt quite do it for me.

Gave up on the Pacers playoffs in '95, went to a friends house to play some ball. Was interupted by screaming inside his house, only to see replays of Reggie going for his famous 8pts. Vowed never again to turn off a game when Reggie Miller was able to play.

Putnam
10-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Someone might get a cookie if they can give some kind of proof they've actually been there, or know where it is.

Parker City is east of Muncie. Our high school marching band (Southern Wells) marched in your street fair several summers in a row.

Since86
10-16-2006, 04:38 PM
:highfive: :cookie:

Most people from Muncie don't even know where Parker is, and it's less than 8mi. away.

Charcoal Filtered
10-16-2006, 04:44 PM

Occupation : Field Service Engineer in the Semi-conductor fabrication industry

Pacer fan since : Since birth. Would have loved to see the old ABA days, but still liked the Greg Dreiling/Vern Fleming/Herb Williams era.

Have not been a season ticket holder for the Pacers, but would if I lived in Indy.

Favorite Pacer of old: Dale Davis. The people out here in the West have no idea how good of a player DD was. This team did nothing until Dale showed them how to play with toughness.

Favorite current Pacer : Jeff Foster. Wish he played with more swagger and was healthier. Danny has promise though of surpassing him.

LoneGranger33
10-16-2006, 04:48 PM

On second thought, maybe we shouldn't meet up - I'm a Tigers fan :)

It is also a truth we hold to be self-evident

Yeah, that Thomas Jefferson sure was a man of the people...

It amazing how many New York area people don't like the Yankees...and this is BEFORE A-rod and the slap heard around the world...but I don't really feel bad for the Yanks because they do have the largest fan base of any professional sports team, the largest payroll in baseball, and, oh yeah, a lot of f-ing championships!

NorCal_Pacerfan
10-16-2006, 05:32 PM
NorCal_Pacerfan
Originally from: South Bend, IN
Occupation: Self Employed Digital Artist and Web Developer/programmer.
True Pacers fan. Loyal follower of the Pacers on and off season.
Cruise Pacers Digest at least once a day, if not more.
Ready for the season to start!

imawhat
10-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Andy (imawhat)
Location:Miracle Mile, Los Angeles, CA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_Mile%2C_Los_Angeles%2C_California)

Moved to L.A. in April, born and raised in Indy.

Been a Pacers fan since I can remember, but became 'hooked' sometime in late '93/early '94. I listened to all of the games on my bedside radio. We were 16-23 and had lost several heartbreaking games in a short-period of time, but you could tell we were about to make a run.

I'm really looking forward to this season, though with low-mid expectations. Pacers b-ball is one of a few things that keep me in Indiana while I'm away.

PacerPerspective
10-16-2006, 07:18 PM
On second thought, maybe we shouldn't meet up - I'm a Tigers fan :)

We can still meet up assuming the Tigers don't win the World Series, and even if they do, I'd congratulate you...on a postseason run for the ages...

JayRedd
10-16-2006, 07:39 PM
It amazing how many New York area people don't like the Yankees...and this is BEFORE A-rod and the slap heard around the world...but I don't really feel bad for the Yanks because they do have the largest fan base of any professional sports team, the largest payroll in baseball, and, oh yeah, a lot of f-ing championships!

Oh...I hated the Yankees WAAAAAY before I got to New York.

Grew up in Maine and am a diehard Sox fan.

Sports Highlight of my Life: Game 7...Yankee Stadium...Manny Ramirez jersey...10-3...Unreal.

McKeyFan
10-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Dean Arnold (McKeyFan)

Residence: Hatfield, PA just north of Philly but spent 25 years in Chattanooga, TN.

Became a fan in 93, mostly because of the fundamentals and finesse style of Larry Brown (McKey being exhibit A, in my opinion). Considered switching to becoming a Sixers fan when Brown was there and IT was coaching Pacers. Could never consider switching to the Pisstons.

I like Carlisle, despite the many things about him that drive me nuts, so I'm still on board. And the guys on the board keep me emotionally attached.

Best bragging right: my dad played for John Wooden at UCLA.

jjbjjbjjb
10-16-2006, 11:08 PM
Can you transfer to IU next year? We could use a championship.

Well, assuming the next few years go okay, I will want to be hired as a professor somewhere...there are three problems though:

1. NU lost the Rose Bowl game and GMU lost in the Final Four,
2. Arguably, football and basketball have been done,
3. I can only deliver once-in-a-decade national-level improbable success.

So I'm not sure if anything's left in the tank...maybe I can be hired by USC and have them make it to the Frozen Four? ;)

PacerPerspective
10-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Where has the roll call discussion gone?

:::::BUMP:::::

AesopRockOn
10-18-2006, 12:41 AM
Name: AesopRockOn (obviously)
Residence: Elon, NC

Born and raised in Honolulu; been a Pacer fan since I could say "Reggie." Die hard as they come. One of very few Pacer fans in Hawaii; also one of few in Elon. Why? To be different or unique? No, because of Reggie Miller. Always full of Pacer pride; have yet to see a game in Conseco but I'm getting closer. Mad hopeful for this and every season no matter what **** goes down. Hate the city of Detroit and David Stern. Someway, someday, somehow...that ring...
Go Pacers!

spazzxb
10-18-2006, 02:39 AM
Gradstudent (MBA)
Fort wayne, IN

My uncle has loved the pacers forever (My gramparents raised my mother in Indy) so i have always been aware of them. Being in Fort wayne Wgn aired all the Bulls games(and noone aired pacer games) so I was a huge bulls fan during the glory days( but really what kid wasn't a fan of Jordan). I bought my first pacers jacket in high school but never really had the money to attend any games. the first pacers game I ever attended was during the regular season 3 years ago. My second game happened to be the playoff game with Prince's imfamous block on Reggie:-(. My parents live near detroit now so I do attend the occasional Pistons game, however I am loyal to Indiana sports.

On a side not my mother takes Mwsters classes at Oakland University, which happens to bee where one of our young prospects played ball.(I find it funny that my Mother kinda/sorta went to school with a current pacer)

Kstat
10-18-2006, 03:50 AM
Oh what the hell, why not.

Kstat
Occupation: working from job to job, like most people still looking for that big break.

Adopted the Pacers as my very, very distant second favorite team when Isiah Thomas became head coach. Started lurking in Pacerville when Corliss Williamson and Jermaine O'neal had their bean-ball altercation in 2002. Been here ever since. (damn, it's been that long?)

Old favorite Pacers were Dale Davis, James Jones, Freddie Jones and Jamison Brewer. Never was a huge Reggie Miller fan, but loved him when he showed Rip Hamilton how to have long-term success in the NBA.

Favorite Pacer 5 was the 1999 three-for-all lineup of Rose, Reggie, Mullin, Croshere and Perkins. Best NBA Live team of all time, I'll put money on it.

Born and raised in the metro Detroit area, I'm a lifelong Pistons, Lions, Michigan, Tigers and Red Wings fan. First and foremost, though, I'm a basketball fan, so the Pistons will always be #1 to me. I've been following them ever since I was 5, and I feel I've been extremely blessed as a fan.

I took road trips to Indiana to see Pacers-Pistons games in 2004 and 2005. Didn't take the trip last year, but I'm considering it this time around.

If I had to pick a favorite current Pacer, I'd say Rawle Marshall. Oakland U only puts a player in the NBA once every 50 years or so, so I gotta support the kid. :D

VF21
10-18-2006, 04:00 AM
VF21
Age: Older than my daughter and grand-daughters and younger than my mother

The Pacers are my second-favorite team because of my dad, who was born and raised in Indiana. He died in 1984 and I honor his memory by following his team.

I am a Sacramento Kings fan to the core.

My favorite Pacer is Reggie Miller. Class is hard to define but really easy to recognize and Reggie has it.

bellisimo
10-18-2006, 04:45 AM
BellisiMO

Used to live in US...but nowadays residing in Europe...its hard to keep up with the games cause of the time zone, but still try to do it. :D

Originally fell in love with basketball and Pacers during the Pacers Vs. Orlando playoffs...

TheSuaveOne
10-18-2006, 11:59 AM
TheSuaveOne

Life long Piston fan who lived in Indy for the two years I worked for the Simons. I love picking on Pacer fans, well, just because...la

Roy Munson
10-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Kstat

Funny, I always thought you were a lot older. Your posts don't sound like they came a kid. You are a 'mature' poster.

PacerPerspective
10-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Someway, someday, somehow...that ring...
Go Pacers!

I absolutely love that qoute...:)

Believe_in_blue
10-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Belive_in_blue

Was born into being a Pacers fan. My parents started taking me to games when I was little. Im also a Colts fan. I support Jax!

JayRedd
10-18-2006, 01:02 PM
I absolutely love that qoute...:)

Was about to post the exact same thing. Forget all this Up To Us crap...That's the new motto.

Nice work Aesop

Skaut_Ech
10-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Like Peck, I usualy skip answering these type threads, but I'm gonna go ahead make this a first.

Name: Scott

I've been a fan of the Pacers since I was about 6 or 7. I started liking them when they got their first ABA title in 1970. Throughout grade school, the big thing was to have Pacer birthday parties. All the napkins and cups had Pacers logos on them. Then you got a chunk of seats back in the old coliseum at the fairgrounds to watch the game. During halftimes, you got to walk past the Pacer's bench and they sign autographs, shake your hand or say 'hi." When I was 10(!), George McGinnis shook my hand and let me feel his arm. I thought it was the biggest arm I'd ever seen.

Over the years, I went to school with Freddie Lewis' son, spent a weekend with Clark Kellogg, played a scrimmage with a bunch of the Pacer's squad back in junior high, met Reggie, Dale, Vern....(Of-topic, but i sttod next to Shaq in the tunnel before a game as I was talking with a buddy. That boy is HUGE.)

The Pacers have always been a part of my life, despite the fact of never having season tickets. Of late, I rarely attend games. I don't like what I've been seeing for years now and I'm voting with my pocketbook. I actually boycotted the NBA during the strike/lockout. I didn't attend a single game and barely watched and NBA for the entire season. (You can't help coming across news stories, etc, so I was informed, but not by choice.)

My favorite Pacers of all time:

Billy Keller
George McGinnis
Adrian Caldwell
Chris Mullin
Roger Brown
Eddie Johnson

Favorite Pacer's moment; It may be cliche, but when Chuck Person and Larry B got into that duel on national TV, I was in heaven....tilll the bottom fell out and we lost. Still, it was a great moment on the national stage.

At least those guys always come to mind when I think of my favs.

I really wish current fans could have seen the old ABA pacers or had to sit through some of the teams that followed. I'd like to see them have a base of knowledge of this team that went beyond Reggie Miller.

countarfit
10-18-2006, 04:18 PM
name: Countarfit
Hometown: Indianapolis

Been a pacers fan since I was a kid, at least as long as i can remember. Back to when Reggie had the flat top haircut.

All-time favorite pacers: Sam (big smooth) Perkins, Dale and Antonio, Detlef, and Uncle Reggie

Current favorite Pacers: James White, Danny Granger, and David Harrison (he's a cool dude to hang out with)

Kstat
10-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Funny, I always thought you were a lot older. Your posts don't sound like they came a kid. You are a 'mature' poster.

For whatever reason, everybody thinks I'm 40.

I've been studying basketball for 19 years, and I've scouted and designed gameplans, so I suppose I've done more homework on the subject than most people my age.

Outside of that realm, though, I'm not sure I seem any older than 24.

MarionDeputy
10-18-2006, 07:03 PM
MarionDeputy

Name:Mike

Reggie, Derek McKey and Ron Artest were my favorite all time Pacers. I don't really have a favorite on this team, I have to watch them for awhile to pick someone new, leaning towards Danny Granger though....

More of a lurker on this board, but I visit everyday....

gummy
10-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Age, Sex: 28, Female
Occupation: Using my college degrees (what a novel idea!) in Political Science, History, and Sociology, I teach high school social studies. I also moonlight as a massage therapist trained in a variety of modalities. I enjoy the combination of physical and mental challenges.

Background:
I was born and raised in Fort Wayne, IN and I come from the kind of neighborhood that many NBA players grew up in or have experienced. I think that colors how I react to some of the “incidents,” our team has been sullied by, as I tend to see things as a bit more complicated and nuanced than some of the PD posters do. I must admit that my first basketball love was the Chicago Bulls. I thought the Jordan, Pippen, Rodman combination was fabulous to watch. Still, I have been an avid Pacers fan since the 90's. Like a number of you, I came of age during vintage Miller time, though I do know quite a bit about the ABA days. Reggie and Mark Jackson are two of my favorite Pacers.

I've only seen the Pacers live once due to budget constraints, but I catch them on the tube whenever I can and listen to games on-line when I can't. I plan on moving to Indy in the next 6-9 months and will purchase some sort of ticket plan when I arrive. I can't say I'm in love with our current team, but there are some things about certain players that I appreciate and I'm the kind of fan that feels some level of allegiance toward the team through thick and thin (Because of my grandfather I'm a Cubs fan too even though I haven't followed baseball closely in many years - so it might be that I'm just a glutton for punishment). I'm also a pretty big tennis fan. I've got some people in my life who are trying to convince me that hockey is worth watching. We'll see.

I'm a long-time lurker - a couple of years at least - who appreciates the variety of opinions you can find on the board, though I usually stay hidden because I see a significant number of extremes expressed at times (not to mention dead horses being beaten) and don't want to get pulled into ring around the rosies arguments. Well, that and I just don't have enough time to get super involved. I do drop by just about everyday though, and I expect to post more this season.

In my “real” and “virtual” lives I treat people with respect and I expect to be treated the same way.

PacerPerspective
10-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Aesop and Company....please refer to the shout-out in the signature...

efx
10-19-2006, 11:43 AM
efx

Originally born in Sweden where I spent my first 20 years. My initial exposure to basketball was when I saw Reggie's little cameo on Hangin with mr.cooper.
To this day I can't remember why that made me get interested in the sport (or any sport in fact) but it did so I slowly became a pacers fan.

Up until last year I loved seeing games against the knicks in the garden but nowadays if I pay to see the knicks I feel like I'm only getting half my money's worth so I haven't been in a while.

Greatest game I've been to was Reggie's last reg season performance vs the Bulls last year. Very moving experience IMO.
Favorite Current Pacer is probably JO. Hope he can stay healthy this season heh.....

JayRedd
10-19-2006, 12:15 PM
My initial exposure to basketball was when I saw Reggie's little cameo on Hangin with mr.cooper.

That's great. I never even saw that.

Well we can now add Greatest Clutch Actor of All Time to the list of accolades.

www.imdb.com/name/nm0589185/ (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0589185/)

And he did it alongside Oscar nominee, Don Cheadle. Who knew?

www.imdb.com/title/tt0103435/fullcredits

Doug
10-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Doug
Carmel

Formally a member of the sunshine brigade, now fallen to the dark side.

Skaut_Ech
10-19-2006, 02:41 PM
I knew we would drag you to our level eventually, Doug. :devil:

RWB
10-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Just for @#$@$ and giggles I calculated the ages listed (this was before a few of the new entries and did not include those party poopers who would not divulge theirs) and the average age of PD's posters are a little over 31 years of age.

Nothing significant, just too much time on my hands that day.

odeez
10-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Name: odeez aka dvdell
Fav. Team: PACERS BABY

bosk
10-19-2006, 10:02 PM
Name: Bosk
Favorite All-Time Pacers: AD, Al
Found PD this summer, constant lurker. Raised in Fort Wayne where other fans are few and far between. Embarassed to admit I haven't seen a game live yet.

Doug
10-20-2006, 11:25 AM
I knew we would drag you to our level eventually, Doug. :devil:

Heck, I've fallen so far I think I'm going to take me a while just to get back up to your level.

Quis-is-my-homeboy
10-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Quis-is-my-homeboy

Age: 14 (they say the average PD posters age is 31...that's BS :bs: )

About Me: I've been a Pacers fan for quite awhile (if I can say that). My favourite players as a child were Glenn Robinson and Mugsie Bogues (GO Charlotte Hornets). My favourite team is of course the Pacers, but I like the Rockets too.

My views on Jack: I love Jack, but I'm not a supporter

I'm glad to be part of PD this season.

SycamoreKen
10-20-2006, 01:27 PM
[QUOTE=Quis-is-my-homeboy;489444]they say the average PD posters age is 31...that's BS :bs:

QUOTE]

That was RWB, and you can't believe everything he says anyway.;)

Don't forget, that was the average age, not maturity level. I'm sure if we could measure that it would be much lower.:-p

RWB
10-20-2006, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=Quis-is-my-homeboy;489444]they say the average PD posters age is 31...that's BS :bs:

QUOTE]

That was RWB, and you can't believe everything he says anyway.;)

Pimp slapped twice in the same thread. :-o :D

Putnam
10-20-2006, 01:59 PM
Quis-is-my-homeboy

Age: 14 (they say the average PD posters age is 31...that's BS )

Why do you dispute the statement that the average age of PD posters is 31? Do you not realize that the average is a mathematical abstraction, and that no individual -- not you or me or Indygeezer -- is "average"?

Welcome, anyhow.

timid
10-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Occupation: In between jobs, also attending Tech Skills to get my A+, NET+, and MCP....

Have been watching the Pacers since I was old enough to remember, since like 6 years old......Me and my Grandmother....R.I.P....

owl
10-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Age --48

Semi started following the Pacers when I heard them on radio back in the
ABA days. Don Buse anyone?

Got serious when I moved to Indy in 1986.
Watch alot lately and go to an occasional game.

owl

FrenchConnection
10-20-2006, 02:20 PM
FrenchConnection
Ocupation: Academic Librarian

I was born and raised in Buffalo, NY and as such I am really big Buffalo Sabres fan, hence the user name (http://www.sabresalumni.com/2001/connection.php3). I never really liked basketball much at all until I moved to Indiana in 1998. I don't know, there is something in the water in this state that makes one love the game. I started with the Hoosiers, living in Bloomington and all, but I soon became a Pacers fan because I like professional sports more than college sports. Kinda of sad, being a Bills and Sabres fan that I had to get stuck loving another hard-luck franchise, but that is life I guess. I realized that I had caught the bug when I started getting that knot in my stomache on Pacers game days, the same one that I have right now because the Sabres play tonight. Went to my first game during Isiah's first year when the Pacers had to win out to make the playoffs. I went to the Raptors and the Sixers games at the end of that year. The next year I went to 20 games.

I have two kids, Maksim (3) and Anya (1).

SamBear
10-21-2006, 11:54 PM
MS

Pacers fan since Reggie because a Pacer.
Also a Spurs Fan.. :-p

Hoping one day the Spurs and the Pacers meet in the NBA Finals! :buddies: :hug:

Pacesetter
10-21-2006, 11:58 PM
PS
Indianapolis
Philanthropist :D