PDA

View Full Version : Jackson returns to practice, expected to play Saturday! (Star)

Leisure Suit Larry
10-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Alright! He's back! Might have to drive up tomorrow!

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061013/SPORTS04/61013038

The Hustler
10-13-2006, 03:53 PM
:D ... can only be a gd thing ... we gotta get this behind us and start concentrating on playing the same ball we did in the 4th quarter of the NJ game

Los Angeles
10-13-2006, 03:54 PM
:suicide2:

DisplacedKnick
10-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Man - might be worth buying a nosebleed ticket just to see the fan reaction.

I'll have to see when the Mets play.

indygeezer
10-13-2006, 04:06 PM

Man I'm thinking the same thing....well not the Mets (are the Cards still in it?)

Evan_The_Dude
10-13-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm going to get tickets and go. I aint doing anything else noway. I'm gonna pick up some nosebleeds.

Leisure Suit Larry
10-13-2006, 04:10 PM
So you guys are going to boo Jack? That's what I like to see from Pacers fans, booing their own players....:rolleyes:

Kstat
10-13-2006, 04:11 PM
So you guys are going to boo Jack? That's what I like to see from Pacers fans, booing their own players....:rolleyes:

They're not REAL Pacer fans! ;)

Leisure Suit Larry
10-13-2006, 04:15 PM
They aren't are they? I would never boo a player on my own team. I really really didn't like AJ but I never booed him. I was cheering for him too.

Evan_The_Dude
10-13-2006, 04:15 PM

No I'm going to stand up and cheer for him just like every other member of the squad. I really want to go to see the overall fan reaction though.

Since86
10-13-2006, 04:16 PM

Man I'm thinking the same thing....well not the Mets (are the Cards still in it?)

Where do you see the word boo, outside of your post?

They said the wanted to SEE the reaction, not be a part of the reaction.

Also, as paying customers you have the right/responsiblity to voice your opinion on the product you're buying. I would boo TPTB right now, because this is dispicable.

Frank Slade
10-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Already got some tickets through work, so I certainly will be there.

Evan_The_Dude
10-13-2006, 04:42 PM
We should have some type of get-together at the game. I'm sure there will be plenty of empty seats to the point where all the PD'ers can sit together.

ChicagoJ
10-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Where do you see the word boo, outside of your post?

Didn't Larry pretty much admit yesterday that he doesn't read the previous posts before he replies? He just "assumes" that whatever he wants to criticize is already there.

Since86
10-13-2006, 04:50 PM
I could have told you that months ago.

ChicagoJ
10-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Oh, we've all known it. It just became patently obvious to everyone with his slip-up yesterday. Other times, he's done a better job of disguising it.

:shrug:

lumber man
10-13-2006, 05:07 PM
:D :D :D :cheers: :gopacers: :rockon:

DisplacedKnick
10-13-2006, 05:39 PM
I wouldn't boo. Might laugh a little.

And no, I've never claimed to be a Pacer fan, real or otherwise.

Had to change my friggin' username because people kept making that vile accusation. :(

DisplacedKnick
10-13-2006, 05:41 PM

Only for 3 more games. :devil:

Trader Joe
10-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Crap already gave away my tickets.

Bball
10-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Any chance this is a test of tickets sold, no shows, and an overall look at fan reactions?

-Bball

Robertmto
10-13-2006, 06:29 PM
I can spare 10 bucks and then go sit in the
"PD section"

Los Angeles
10-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Any chance this is a test of tickets sold, no shows, and an overall look at fan reactions?

-Bball

They can't be that stupid.

Can they?

ABADays
10-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Ahhhh . . . it's refreshing to be back to the same old "you're not a fan" definition after the past few days.

tadscout
10-13-2006, 07:54 PM

-Bball

Can't be on the tickets sold... They gave me my four for free... plus it's pre-season attendence is always lower then...

rexnom
10-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Anybody else looking at this from the perspective that this is an indication that we might be able to pull this off? Because like it or not, I think Jack has become a crucial part of this team.

p.s. I don't think any person has the right to tell any other person that they are a fan or not. I don't care if you've never even watched a game. As long as you support the team, we are brothers in arms. That's where I stand. To me, as much as we may differ on this board, we are all brothers in arms because when the time comes, we are all going to be hoping that Pacers beat the other team. That's what unite us. Our opinions beside that are just things said in the heat of battle or whatnot. We ride together and it's up to us. Or whatever.

gilpdawg
10-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Yeah, it's not right to boo your own players.

Unless he's a criminal.

Leisure Suit Larry
10-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Didn't Larry pretty much admit yesterday that he doesn't read the previous posts before he replies? He just "assumes" that whatever he wants to criticize is already there.

One time...just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I don't read the entire post.

Leisure Suit Larry
10-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah, it's not right to boo your own players.

Unless he's a criminal.

Yeah except for the fact that he isn't a criminal. Has he been convicted of anything yet?

Robertmto
10-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Yeah except for the fact that he isn't a criminal. Has he been convicted of anything yet?

Why do you think he was on probation in the first place?

ajbry
10-13-2006, 08:29 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

I don't care what any other circumstances are, this is good news.

At least in the short term. That's good enough for me at this point.

GO JACK!

Leisure Suit Larry
10-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Why do you think he was on probation in the first place?

So is JO a criminal too?

Robertmto
10-13-2006, 11:44 PM
In the broader sense of the word, yes.

SycamoreKen
10-14-2006, 12:00 AM
:D :D :D :D :D

I don't care what any other circumstances are, this is good news.

At least in the short term.

How? At best we get this stupid thing drug up form now until it goes to trial and he somehow gets off with no punishment at all.

The next level would be it gets drug out and he takes some plea deal to stay out of the slammer, but we still have the stain on the team.

We then sink to the Authorities in Detroit decide he needs to spend some time in jail for his stupidity for firing the gun while on probation.

Finally we reach the bottom where he goes to trial half way through the season and is forced to miss the rest of the season because of all of this. Does that sound familiar?

This is not going to fade away and will be a distraction as long as he plays. Had they paid him to take a vacation until after the trial, then it fades into the background.

JayRedd
10-14-2006, 12:36 AM
So is JO a criminal too?

Legally, yeah.

And I wasn't sure where to post this, but came across it and found it interesting. Not interesting in the age/college thing, but just to see a list of which NBA hooligans have done what. I love this game:

http://sports-law.blogspot.com/2005/07/nba-players-that-get-in-trouble-with_20.html

rexnom
10-14-2006, 01:14 AM
Legally, yeah.

And I wasn't sure where to post this, but came across it and found it interesting. Not interesting in the age/college thing, but just to see a list of which NBA hooligans have done what. I love this game:

http://sports-law.blogspot.com/2005/07/nba-players-that-get-in-trouble-with_20.html
Actually, it is kind of interesting. The median number of years in college for NBA players arrested was 4, meaning full education. Also...

"Most notably, although 41.1 percent of all NBA players went to college for 4 years, 57.1 percent of arrested NBA players went to college for 4 years--meaning that players with four years of college represent a proportionally higher<o:p></o:p> percentage of arrested NBA players than all NBA players. In contrast, although 14.8 percent of NBA players either did not go to college or went for one year, only 9.6 percent of arrested NBA players share the same educational background--meaning that players with one or less years of college represent a proportionally lower percentage of arrested NBA players than all NBA players."

Take that, Stern.

Pacersfan46
10-14-2006, 01:30 AM
So much for the "judge ruling" theory on why he didn't practice the other day, and :-p @ all the people talking to me like I'm a moron when I said it didn't make any damn sense.

:D Just couldn't help myself.

317Kim
10-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Yay. Sounds good.

:happydanc for 7:00.

grace
10-14-2006, 12:36 PM
I can see it now:

Reb Porter: Entering the Pacers lineup, Stephen Jackson.

Mark Boyle: Wow Slick, I never thought I'd see this. No reaction from the fans whatsoever.

Slick: There's a lady over there who's got the same "We support our team" sign she had at the first game.

Mark: There's nothing wrong with your radio, listeners. It's completely silent except for some annoying snickering sound coming from on high. It's like the fans are just watching each other to see what's going to happen.

Slick: Weirdest thing I've ever seen. Well, except for the '70s.

rexnom
10-14-2006, 12:45 PM
I can see it now:

Reb Porter: Entering the Pacers lineup, Stephen Jackson.

Mark Boyle: Wow Slick, I never thought I'd see this. No reaction from the fans whatsoever.

Slick: There's a lady over there who's got the same "We support our team" sign she had at the first game.

Mark: There's nothing wrong with your radio, listeners. It's completely silent except for some annoying snickering sound coming from on high. It's like the fans are just watching each other to see what's going to happen.

Slick: Weirdest thing I've ever seen. Well, except for the '70s.
Haha...I'm looking forward to it.

indygeezer
10-14-2006, 05:48 PM
I just discovered Jax problem....look at ajbry's avatar. Jax only has three bars...he's not getting the full signal. Probably only getting half the message.

Roy Munson
10-14-2006, 05:56 PM
I think it's a negative for the team having Jackson back. I think they'd do better without him.