PDA

View Full Version : Danny Granger & The "Trailpacers"

sweabs
10-13-2006, 01:27 PM
aa

pizza guy
10-13-2006, 01:35 PM
It's true that Danny is a religious man, and I'm sure his parents are probably concerned about who he's spending his time with. But, Danny is a big boy now, and the final decision will be his own. Certainly, the parents play a large role in any decision their son makes, but Danny has said he likes playing with JO and Jamaal.

Only time will tell. We've got other things to worry about right now, IMO.

grace
10-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Ever since Danny and the purple suit story surfaced as far as I'm concerned we really don't know the whole story about anyone on the team.

Putnam
10-13-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm sure that this will come across to many of you as "paranoid" or farfetched...

... Come contract time, assuming we still haven't managed to shed that "Trailpacers" label, who is to say Danny won't bolt? If we're offering the same amount of money as some other team without that image, what makes you think Danny's close friends and family wouldn't suggest a more harmonious, stable, and moral environment?

Ouch. Let's don't assume "we still haven't managed to shed the 'Trailpacers' label" by 2008, when Granger's contract expires. That is awful to contemplate. Granger wanting to leave is a possibility. But so is a general collapse of support for the team so extensive that the franchise would move to another city. The consequences can't be foreknown, but it is safe to say there is nothing good ahead if we keep going down this road.

aero
10-13-2006, 02:15 PM
"Trailpacers" ...ahhh no.

Leisure Suit Larry
10-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Yes, your paranoid. I wouldn't worry about it. Plus I seriously doubt Danny Granger is the saint that you think he is. He may be a Jehovah's Witness but he is also a 20-something man.

Knucklehead Warrior
10-13-2006, 04:28 PM
He seems to have a lot more on the ball and to be more focused and responsible that others who are older.
I don't think this is a factor. There might be some concern with his family at the moment, but there's a lot to happen in the future than can resolve this if there is.

Kingsfanbmiller
10-13-2006, 05:20 PM
Ever since Danny and the purple suit story surfaced as far as I'm concerned we really don't know the whole story about anyone on the team.

What purple suit story???

Hicks
10-13-2006, 07:08 PM
I told the purple suit story along with Shade, Abel, and pacerfan46 as we sat outside of Conseco at midnight (yes, really). He was leaving for the night with a long, down to his naval almost gold chain with a big medallion with a "G" or "DG" (I forget which) on it, and he was wearing a purple blazer. It was quickly christened a pimp suit. The only thing missing was a purple hat with a black feather in it.

Will Galen
10-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Danny's not a devout Jehovah's Witness. If he was he wouldn't be playing Pro Basketball. Witnesses have religious meetings three times a week and devout Witnesses just don't miss the meetings.

Of course theres always the possibility that he could become devout, then he would quit playing basketball like David Myers quit the Milwaukee Bucks years ago.

If you want to read about Myers see th thread below, post 18. You might read post 17 too.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13079&highlight=David+Myers

Robertmto
10-13-2006, 07:14 PM
:pimp:

:dannygranger:

gilpdawg
10-13-2006, 08:05 PM
"Trailpacers" ...ahhh no.
As bad as things are, we aren't as bad as Portland several years ago. We've got a long way to go. We don't have any registered sex offenders on our roster.

JayRedd
10-14-2006, 02:04 PM
:pimp:

:dannygranger:

"I don't know what yall heard about me,
But a b**** can't get a dollar out of me,
No Cadillac, no perms, you can't see,
That I'm The mother****ing G-I-F-T"

PacerPerspective
10-14-2006, 02:34 PM
I had a friend in high school who was a JW...she was straight edge....then she went to college and became a party girl, she now follows the religion, but it's naive or anything....I assume Danny has smartened up to the real world..

Moses
10-14-2006, 02:51 PM
I really don't think Danny cares about what his parents approve of or disapprove of. He's a grown man and he can do what he wishes to do. Doubt what's happening now will have any effect on whether or not he decides on a contract extension..considering TPTB probably wont even deal with it til next year.

RamBo_Lamar
10-14-2006, 03:46 PM
I, like most folks, don't know Danny personally. My impression of him though
is that he is mentally tough, very intelligent, and has his head screwed
on straight. Not the type to get drawn into trouble by his peers.

If I were his parents, I would have nothing to worry about, and would be
very proud having a son like him.

Mac_Daddy
10-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Who the hell brought up the name "trailpacers" anyway (anyway, shouldn't it be the jailpacers). Its so stupid.

As far as I'm concerned, they are still the Pacers. Plain and simple.

sweabs
10-14-2006, 04:24 PM
a

grace
10-14-2006, 05:18 PM
:kravitz:

The next time they interview him on PTI is the last time I'll ever watch that show.

Naptown_Seth
10-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Who the hell brought up the name "trailpacers" anyway (anyway, shouldn't it be the jailpacers). Its so stupid.
It's pretty funny that the point of the original nickname was totally missed when he created this crap.

Not only did he F'up what aspect was tranposed (jail instead of trail), he choose the wrong part of trailBLAZERS anyway. Don't pot arrests mean you'd want "blazer" in there someplace?

Clueless.

BTW, props to JayRedd, that's good stuff. I've been working on my own reworking of a different song. I need to get it done and post it since it fits pretty well.