Shade
04-27-2004, 02:51 PM
Who will you be rooting for?

TheSauceMaster
04-27-2004, 02:53 PM
There should be a C option :unimpressed:

Southside_Pacer
04-27-2004, 02:55 PM
C option being a long, physical, tiring, emtional draining seven game series where the winning team limps off the court with their arms in slings.

It should be a fun series to watch. It'll be more entertaining than a Pacers/Heat/Hornets series from an outsiders viewpoint.

ROCislandWarrior
04-27-2004, 03:25 PM
C option being a long, physical, tiring, emtional draining seven game series where the winning team limps off the court with their arms in slings.

It should be a fun series to watch. It'll be more entertaining than a Pacers/Heat/Hornets series from an outsiders viewpoint.

I couldn't agree with you more! The Pacers/Miami/Hornets series just does not offer anything to non-pacer fans.

Looks like we'll remain under the radar until the ECF

Slick Pinkham
04-27-2004, 03:31 PM
I'd prefer the Pistons, just because if we score 80 points, we win. Their lame offense can't score that much against us.

(waiting for the Piston trolls to enter the room...)

ROCislandWarrior
04-27-2004, 03:33 PM

:lurk:

ROCislandWarrior
04-27-2004, 03:40 PM
Ok...getting back on topic....

I think the biggest thing in this series is going to be how Kmart handles the Wallaces.

Its one thing to tear up Tim Thomas and the physicaly challanged Knicks
Its another to play well against the big man combo of Wallace and Wallace.

We'll see just how good Kmart really is

TheSauceMaster
04-27-2004, 03:41 PM
Kstat is right we only averaged 1 point more on offense than the Pistons

Unclebuck
04-27-2004, 03:54 PM
I want the Pistons to win. Not because I think the Pistons will be easier to beat than the Nets, quite the contrary, Pistons will be tougher to beat. But I am sick of the Nets.

Plus it will be fun to play the Pistons because of all the storylines.

Very good point, about whether Kmart can hold his own against the Wallaces.

Question for Pistons fans: Can Prince keep up his great play against Jefferson and then against Artest who has taken him out of the regular season games. if Prince can play as well in the next two series as he has against the Bucks, then the pistons have a great chance to get to the Finals

whodean
04-27-2004, 03:57 PM
Good question Uncle Buck, if Prince gets used by Artest the Pistons should go to a Okur/Wallace/Wallace frontcourt and outsize the hell out of the Pacers.

kerosene
04-27-2004, 04:07 PM
C. Don't care, bring on whoever

Suaveness
04-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Um, can we get on topic and talk about the Nets and Pacers?

Honestly, I don't know who I want to win. I initially thought that Detroit would pounce all over the Nets, but now that the Nets are starting to play really well, I really don't know. I still think that Detroit may have a little better advantage in the paint.

MagicRat
04-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Good question Uncle Buck, if Prince gets used by Artest the Pistons should go to a Okur/Wallace/Wallace frontcourt and outsize the hell out of the Pacers.

Okur has really struggled against the Pacers. I'm generally more concerned about Campbell than Okur, at least against the Pacers.

Okur was just awful the last time they came to Conseco.....

Kstat
04-27-2004, 04:12 PM

Okur has really struggled against the Pacers. I'm generally more concerned about Campbell than Okur, at least against the Pacers.

Okur has actually been VERY good against everyone except Jermaine Oneal. The last game at Canseco was the first and only time JO guarded him. Okur has abused Foster and Harrington every other time he's seen them. And with Sheed out there, Okur will be matched up at PF with AL, where he'll be able to shoot ove rthe top of him like he did last game.

MagicRat
04-27-2004, 04:21 PM

Okur has actually been VERY good against everyone except Jermaine Oneal. The last game at Canseco was the first and only time JO guarded him. Okur has abused Foster and Harrington every other time he's seen them. And with Sheed out there, Okur will be matched up at PF with AL, where he'll be able to shoot ove rthe top of him like he did last game.

I'm not really sure where "abused" comes from. 17 pts. in game 1, followed by 7, 0 and 6........

Unclebuck
04-27-2004, 04:38 PM
I wish we could have a real thread about the Nets v Pistons matchup.

The interesting thing is I see the Nets, Pistons and Pacers being the class of the east for many years. I suppose the Cavs with Lebron will move up in the next couple of years.

But if you look at the Nets. Kmart and RJ just keep getting better and better. Pistons have Darko, Okur, Prince, along with a still young backcourt and front line. and the Pacers have the brightest future of all the teams. Pacers and Pistons both have great coaches, no matter what you individual preference is. We'll see about Frank.

sweabs
04-27-2004, 04:39 PM
Pistons have Darko, Okur, Prince, along with a still young backcourt and front line.

Will they be able to keep Okur this offseason though? Won't they have to make the choice between Sheed and Mehmet?

Kstat
04-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Pistons have Darko, Okur, Prince, along with a still young backcourt and front line.

Will they be able to keep Okur this offseason though? Won't they have to make the choice between Sheed and Mehmet?

Joe Dumars can give Sheed whatever he wants and will still be able to give the MLE to Okur. If Okur wants to take more money and go elsewhere, so be it. But he loves living in the area, he's never been to the US before 2001, and he doesn't want to move his home again. Larry has made him a better player, even Memo will admit this, he just doesn't trust Memo like he does Sheed because while Memo is a solid man defender, he is a HORRIBLE help defender.

whodean
04-27-2004, 04:43 PM
Nope, there is a good chance both are back.

sweabs
04-27-2004, 04:45 PM

Well you are assuming that Mehmet will take the team and location over money...it could happen - but some guys would take the money. He might also be offered a starting spot on other teams - wheareas on Detroit he'll be on the bench...

Kstat
04-27-2004, 04:48 PM

Well you are assuming that Mehmet will take the team and location over money...it could happen - but some guys would take the money. He might also be offered a starting spot on other teams - wheareas on Detroit he'll be on the bench...

Those are all very good points. Memo could very well leave, but the fan in me is convincing me that he will stay. There are a lot of pors and cons to that.

Kstat
04-27-2004, 05:39 PM
sorry about my post about scoring 80 points.

:blush:

I was a little peeved that in the Pacers are lucky thread, whodean was just not explaining why he thought a Rasheed Wallace-Jermaine O'Neal matchup somehow comes out in the Pistons favor.

Sorry too KStat that I pulled you into it. I respect your opinions.

Just for the record, comparing all plusses and minuses, do YOU think that Rasheed Wallace-Jermaine O'Neal matchup is "a wash"?

I think if the final game is indication, JO will have the toughest matchup of his career. Big Ben was actually able to GUARD JO out on the perimeter, instead of having to worry about responsiblities at the basket. Ben made Jo's life miserable out there, and took advantage of the Pacers lack of good post-feeders. I remember telling Hicks BEFORE the game that the Pacers would have trouble feeding JO the ball in the post, because Ben is quick enough to knock away an errant pass.

And I don't buy the "JO was injured" excuse. JO did perfectly well the 4 games before and after the Pistons game. Am I to believe his injury just decided to flare up that ONE game and went away when the buzzer sounded?

I think it all depends on Jeff Foster. If he can take some of the scoring load off of JO, the defense won't be able to focus as much. But if Foster plays out of control like he did last time, you will see a LOT of trapping in the post.

I think the guy that will be affected MOST by the Pistons defense will be Al harrington. I think the Pistons are the worst matchup in the NBA for him, because they bring a bigger PF off the bench in Okur, and they trap the post, which is something Harrington does NOT react well to. When Harrington is forced to become a passer, he struggles.

ChicagoJ
04-27-2004, 06:11 PM
I voted Pistons because our only remaining weaknesses is playoff experience. The Nets have plenty of that.

Dear God, it sounds like I might be joining the Sunshine Brigade. :D

Kstat
04-27-2004, 06:13 PM
I voted Pistons because our only remaining weaknesses is playoff experience. The Nets have plenty of that.

Dear God, it sounds like I might be joining the Sunshine Brigade. :D

Problem with that logic is, the Pistons have plenty also, albeit a little less than New Jersey.

Shade
04-27-2004, 06:14 PM
How, exactly, can the Pistons afford to keep both Sheed and Okur?

Kstat
04-27-2004, 06:17 PM
How, exactly, can the Pistons afford to keep both Sheed and Okur?

Easy. The Pistons have Sheed's full Bird right, and Memo's half bird-rights. Meaning that they can offer rasheed whatever they want, and after going over the cap they will be able to offer Okur the MLE, but at greater annual salary increases than any other club.

The flipside of this is, they could waive Sheed's rights, sign Okur for well over the MLE, and then sign Sheed to the MLE. But thats a longshot possiblity.

Millerartest
04-27-2004, 06:58 PM
This should be a great series. I didn't expect the Nets to play so well thus far. Nevertheless, I still think the Pistons have the upper hand because they have shown over the year that they are the better team with Wallace. Regular seasons matter in the sense that teams who are usually the hottest do the best in the playoffs. I don't mean hot like the last couple weeks. I mean hot like after the all-star break.

Also, I like the Pistons because now is they're time and they know it. They are hungry. And their play proves that they believe. The Nets will be playing with experience and cockiness that they run the East, but the Pistons have the drive and the talent to overcome that. The Nets haven't faced too much of a challenge since the Pacers in round 1 two years back out East, so it will be interesting to see how they can respond.

In addition to the psychological advatages listed above, I think the Pistons have a slight edge game-wise. Actually both teams have quite a bit of talent, and clutch performers, though the Pistons definitely have the better defense. This is a 7 game series and in the end I bet the Pistons prevail.

With that said, I'd rather see NJ because I hate them and want to beat them ever since two years back. Also I think we have a better chance against them than the Pistons because we can run with them, shoot with them, and out-athleticize them.

Kstat
04-27-2004, 07:04 PM
This should be a great series. I didn't expect the Nets to play so well thus far. Nevertheless, I still think the Pistons have the upper hand because they have shown over the year that they are the better team with Wallace. Regular seasons matter in the sense that teams who are usually the hottest do the best in the playoffs. I don't mean hot like the last couple weeks. I mean hot like after the all-star break.

Also, I like the Pistons because now is they're time and they know it. They are hungry. And their play proves that they believe. The Nets will be playing with experience and cockiness that they run the East, but the Pistons have the drive and the talent to overcome that. The Nets haven't faced too much of a challenge since the Pacers in round 1 two years back out East, so it will be interesting to see how they can respond.

In addition to the psychological advatages listed above, I think the Pistons have a slight edge game-wise. Actually both teams have quite a bit of talent, and clutch performers, though the Pistons definitely have the better defense. This is a 7 game series and in the end I bet the Pistons prevail.

With that said, I'd rather see NJ because I hate them and want to beat them ever since two years back. Also I think we have a better chance against them than the Pistons because we can run with them, shoot with them, and out-athleticize them.

The Pistons will bring their best against NJ. They are thirsty for revenge from last season, the final game vs NJ proved that we can shut them down offensively, and I think a lot of the crying and whining Kidd and KMart did after the game shows that in the back of their minds Jersey is a little intimdated by us.

Hicks
04-27-2004, 08:18 PM
the final game vs NJ proved that we can shut them down offensively,

To quote, well, you:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Kidd and Kmart were practically playing on one leg that night. I watched that thing, and if you think that they were anywhere CLOSE to healthy, let alone playing well at all, you're absolutely kidding yourself.

Kstat
04-27-2004, 08:23 PM
the final game vs NJ proved that we can shut them down offensively,

To quote, well, you:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Kidd and Kmart were practically playing on one leg that night. I watched that thing, and if you think that they were anywhere CLOSE to healthy, let alone playing well at all, you're absolutely kidding yourself.

Yeah, whatever. Every team we shut down was either injured, or had a bad game, or (insert weak excuse here). What else is new. I notice that the same excuse many pacer fans use to explain why they couldn't score on us either.

Of course, the Pistons were simply too banged up in our losses to Indy and Jersey. See, Ben had a hangnail in the home opener, so that game doesn't count. In the 1st game at Indy, Rip bruised his little toe and couldn't jump as well, so that game was a wash too. And in the third game we didn't have Hunter, or else we'd have won.

So really, the Pacers and Nets never really beat the Pistons all season. We were just injured at the time....

MagicRat
04-27-2004, 09:20 PM
Realistically I don't think either of those teams can beat Indiana - Barkley on tonight's halftime show....

Take that for what it's worth......

Hicks
04-27-2004, 09:23 PM
Did he say anything on the lateslt thing between San ANtonio and Artest?

Hasn't been mentioned. I kind of doubt it will, either. Maybe they will though.

However, if and when we face SA in the Finals, I wouldn't be surprised if ABC got their hands on this.

Kegboy
04-27-2004, 09:26 PM
Did he say anything on the lateslt thing between San ANtonio and Artest?

Sadly, not yet. Maybe later.

PistonsDynasty
04-27-2004, 10:47 PM
I'd prefer the Pistons, just because if we score 80 points, we win. Their lame offense can't score that much against us.

http://www.nba.com/media/pistons/wallace_230_040426.jpg

Shhh!!

Game 1 - Pistons score 108

Game 2 - Pistons score 88

Game 3 - Pistons score 95

Game 4 - Pistons score 109

The Pistons are one of the highest score'n teams in the playoffs!

PistonsDynasty
04-27-2004, 11:04 PM
The Bucks defense is just as impressive as the Celtics. I hope neither Pacer nor Piston fans really think either of those series are true reflections of how their teams offenses are going to play against real teams.

No, I'm not saying that. I just hate when people say the Pistons CAN'T score, they can but choose not too because they play better with a slower tempo.

Kstat
04-28-2004, 11:21 PM
Bumping your own comments is bad etiquette, Btown.....

Suaveness
04-28-2004, 11:23 PM

Putting Sheed in your avatar is a worse etiquette, Kstat

Kstat
04-28-2004, 11:24 PM

Telling me what is bad ettiquette is bad ettiquette, Kstat.

What the hell is ettiquette?

Kstat
04-28-2004, 11:27 PM

Telling me what is bad ettiquette is bad ettiquette, Kstat.

What the hell is ettiquette?

Bite me. I've typed 14 pages of my paper tonight. I'll bea dmammemd if I caree hwo mi speelin ys.

Oh, by typing it TWICE I thought you were trying to tell me I was spelling the word wrong.