PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Pacers scheduled to be on NBATV's Real Training Camp - Friday

Unclebuck
10-12-2006, 01:34 PM
The Pacers are scheduled to be featured on NBATV's Real Training Camp Friday at 1:00 - 3:00 and then re-aired at 6:00 - 8:00 PM Friday evening. (eastern time)

My guide reads, "Behind the scenes with the Indiana Pacers and the Portland Trail Blazers"

Word of warning though, I am expecting to see a lot more of the Blazers than of the Pacers. Last year the Pacers were part of a half-hour show with another team and the Pacers were on for about 8 minutes. Pacers usually don't grant much access. (One might ask why the Blazers and the Pacers are being shown on the same show)

So far only the Wizards, Nuggets, Hornets, and the Nets have been featured on Real Training Camp. And for whats it worth, I'll rank the coaches from best to worst.

1) Lawrence Frank
2) George Karl
3) Byron Scott
4) Eddie Jordan.

That is just based what I saw in the two hour practice that was shown

imawhat
10-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the news.

That's how I'd rank the coaches, too, after seeing them. Frank has a great basketball mind.

Unclebuck
10-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the news.

That's how I'd rank the coaches, too, after seeing them. Frank has a great basketball mind.

I don't know if I'd rank tham that way overall, I was just commenting on seeing and hearing these 4 coahces during the practice that I saw.

Karl yells the most
Scott is the funniest
Jordan gets frustrated
Frank teaches the most

3rdStrike
10-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the heads up

Los Angeles
10-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Looking forward to it.

I need more basketball to distract me away from ... well ... the BIG DISTRACTION.

Unclebuck
10-12-2006, 02:28 PM
LA, I assume you got your Directv and LP situation cleared up and you were able to see the pacers game last night

Los Angeles
10-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Yes sir - it was the best 2 hours I've had in a while (in the daytime) :)

The 7:00 home games are on here at 4 in the afternoon. It's a great mid-day break.

I don't know which of the 10 things I did that fixed my LP, so I'm woefully incapable of helping the next person that has a problem, other than have them do the 10 things in the order that I did them. :shrug:

Unclebuck
10-12-2006, 02:43 PM
That would be so wierd to have a Pacers game on at 4:00 on a weekday, but then I'm sure after you live on the west coast for awhile having a game start at 10:30 at night seems even stranger to you.

I want to make another comment about these practrices. One thing that is very underrated is the practice demeanor of players, especially the start players on each team.

Jason Kidd is fantastic during practice, full of energy and very helpful to the younger guys. Vince Carter has a very lazy attitude and just seems like he'd rather be any place else but at practice.

Carmello Anthony is a lot like Vince Carter, seems like he is bored.

Chris Paul was great at his practice in terms of attitude and energy. Gilbert Arenas was also pretty good.

I think this is a very underrated type thing to fans and media, but I'm sure it isn't underrated to coaches and it has to rub off on their teammates.

imawhat
10-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Hopefully my DVR is recording. Can't wait to see this when I get home.

3rdStrike
10-13-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm getting the Trailblazers. And wow, they suck even in practice.

imawhat
10-13-2006, 01:59 PM
It's supposed to be Blazers and Pacers split time. I hope the Pacers get a good amt. of time on there.

grace
10-13-2006, 02:01 PM
My guide says it's only about Portland.

aero
10-13-2006, 02:13 PM
im sure the pacers told them they werent interested in having them there today due to all the jackson media coverage.

Los Angeles
10-13-2006, 02:28 PM
My guide says it's only about Portland.

Mine too. :sad:

Unclebuck
10-13-2006, 03:10 PM
So the Pacers weren't on at all? Sorry everyone. My guide still says the Pacers and Blazers.

Sixers playing the Suns right now

MagicRat
10-13-2006, 03:13 PM
It's only listed as the Blazers on NBA.com......

imawhat
10-13-2006, 05:14 PM
It's okay, UB. My guide said Blazers and Pacers too. Meh.

sweabs
10-13-2006, 05:49 PM
My guide also says Blazers / Pacers. Oh well.