PDA

View Full Version : The official Preseason game 1 post game thread

Unclebuck
10-11-2006, 09:40 PM
I watched as much as I could, but I had several distractions, so I couldn't concentrate as I would have liked.

But I really, really like the young guys. Baston, Marshall and Powell, I love those three guys.

Overall I like the athleticism of the team and I did see a lot of running.

Harrison looked pretty good too, he is quicker, and better defensively.

AesopRockOn
10-11-2006, 09:44 PM
An awesome win that will get the whole team back on track.
Nothing but love. Go Pacers!

FrenchConnection
10-11-2006, 09:46 PM
I'll get this started:

1) This is going to be a fun team to watch. Baston is more atheletic than any player that we have had for some time.

2) those new warm-ups, at least from the back, look like a sports bra over a dark blue t-shirt.

3) Saras really looks better in a more up-tempo style. I really liked the period in the third when Tins and Saras played together. Last year, this would have been really bad. But in the more up-tempo style with the rapid ball movement, having two excellent passers on the floor is really effective

4) Tins looks great!

Lord Helmet
10-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Man, that was a fun game. I can't wait for the next game on TV next Thursday.

Trader Joe
10-11-2006, 09:49 PM
I'll post what I posted at the end of the game thread in here too,

Alrighty boys heres what I think,

we aren't the Trailblazers east, we are the Suns east. We run and we run hard.

Al was dominant. I don't know how anyone is going to stop him and JO consistently in the post.

Tins was awesome. Fast, great handles as usual, good passing. Really same ole Tins when he is healthy. Looks like he was having a ton of FUN.

Powell, Marshall and Greene were all great. Greene is a beast defensively. I'd have to say that it is going to be an incredibly difficult to choose on to cut.

Baston is pure energy he is everywhere.

Granger was well what we want from Granger. Nothing amazing but did everything that was asked of him. Battled through foul trouble.

Sarunas looked a lot better when he was at the PG. Rick dabbled with him at the 2. NOt sure why. It still doesn't work. He is a point and should be our backup.

Foster was relatively uneventful.

Flight was ok. He definetely is a hell of an athlete and has a motor.

Shawne was good. I think people are being too rough on him. He played hard, ran the court, crashed the boards and played solid D.

Quis was good in flashes didn't get a ton of PT.

Snap, Edwards, and Lampley are toast. No chance in hell any of them make the roster.

Bottom Line:

THIS TEAM IS FUN TO WATCH. They run all the time. They get back on D. They look like they have good chemistry. They are all over the place all the time and are pure energy. If they keep this up in the reg season we are gonna win our fair share of games. With or without Jackson.

317Kim
10-11-2006, 09:51 PM
A very well played game. I enjoyed watching the exciting offense and the quickness on defense. We had plenty of nice skills and our guys showed some pretty impressive passes.

I was very surprised/impressed with Maceo Baston. He does a lot of good things when he's on the court.

All of our guys played and all of them scored. :)

Free throws seemed to be a problem tonight. We made about 65%. That's something we should work on.

We had a total of 10 steals and 10 blocks!

I liked how Runi and Tins looked running the offense. Very nice flow. I forgot the last time I saw so many dunks in one game.

Rawle and Shawne have really long arms and that helped us stay aggressive on the boards.

Lastly, we shot 47% and had 24 assists on 39 baskets.

Dukins
10-11-2006, 09:54 PM
I was impressed with all aspects of the game. We rebounded, played ok d, pushed the ball, and had great chemistry.

I agree with everyone else. Snap, Lamp, and Edwards are definitely toast.

Flight looked a lil lost out there. But still played great.

Right now my favorites are
Granger
Powell
Baston
White

Im still in awe right now,.

Unclebuck
10-11-2006, 09:56 PM
I also liked what I saw of Shawne, although I admit I expected the worst, but he seemed to have a a lot of skills, made a really nice pass and just seemed like a pretty goods player. hard to put my finger on why I like him, but I think he'll be a player in a few years.

Edit: one thing I liked was the number of steals and deflections the Pacers had, including a number at the top of the key area. (Is the basketball term "key" still in use)

MaHa3000
10-11-2006, 10:05 PM
47% fg , one made three and only eight attemps , we still scored over 100....
This is a different team. I really liked what I saw.

McKeyFan
10-11-2006, 10:06 PM
I can get excited about reports of Rick conducting harsh conditioning practices, coupled with an apparent fullcourt press presence in the games.

With all these athletes, that could be a VERY interesting strategy for the season. Wow.

sweabs
10-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Josh Powell: 8 rebounds in 16 minutes.

Sign this man NOW.

That is really what has me excited.

Since86
10-11-2006, 10:12 PM
I only saw bits a pieces, but I REALLY REALLY liked the defensive rotations. They could make a switch and we were going from a 6-7 defender to a 6-9 defender, and didn't loose a step. This team will flat out be awesome on the defensive end. There was so much quickness with taller defenders it was amazing. Combine that with it only being the first preseason game has me really pumped to see what they can do later.

Hicks
10-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Admit it, you thought what I (and others) said about the offense at the Fan Jam was exaggerated or wrong, didn't you? ;) It's really ****ing fun to watch. Gnome and I both came away very impressed with what we saw Sunday, and it's fun to read you all experiencing it for the first time tonight. This offense is different, it's better, and it's a thousand times more fun to watch.

burnzone
10-11-2006, 10:23 PM
That was a great game, very fun to watch all the way through, and I can't remember the last game I could say that about.

No b****ing to the refs, although a couple times I noticed Harrison starting to get a little huffy after not agreeing with a foul call.

But overall I felt like after being used to Jax, J.O., Hulk, Jamaal, and even Sarunas all having a habit of complaining to the refs about every game, it was a refreshing change to not see that, and I hope they can keep it up.

The starting 5:

- Jamaal looked good, as he usually does when healthy, saw the floor well, made good passes, and drove to the basket.

- James White looked a little sloppy early, but seemed to get more comfortable as the game went on, as others mentioned in the game thread, he definitely got way up there for a few rebounds.

- Granger also looked a little rusty early, but got into a groove, and really turned it up, he was all over the place, getting rebounds, making jumpshots, and made his free throws.

- Harrington looked good, shot the ball well, and rebounded well, but I thought for a preseason game he could have let some of the younger guys that are trying to get better and make the team, have a couple of those 21 shot attempts he took. :laugh:

- Foster looked as usual, rebounded the ball well for the time he was in there, 8 boards, 15 minutes.

Now the bench, I feel like even though this is only 1 game, the team now has some extremely tough decisions to make, because I would really like to find a way to keep all of Powell, Marshall, Baston, and Greene, and that can't happen unless there's a trade.

- Maceo Baston is extremely athletic, as reported, and may not have much of an arsenal on offense as far as jump shots, but he can give some productive minutes to our front line depth.

- Josh Powell is definitely a keeper, there is no way in hell this guy should be cut, he just has it, he may still be a little raw, but there is some unbelievable talent, athleticism, and potential there, and I'd love to keep him for the future.

- Rawle Marshall is also a keeper, he is very athletic, and active on D from what I saw, could drive the ball to the basket with ease, and looks to be a good overall player that can score from anywhere. I'd love to see him kept for the long term as well.

- Orien Greene really should be kept as well, I can now see what others reported when we signed him about athleticism, and defense, this guy is a player, and I thought it looked like he saw the floor well, and made good passes from a PG running the team standpoint, and his on the ball D was excellent. He looked raw at times, but I think we have to find a way to keep this guy for the future, he can really get up and put pressure on opposing point guards.

- Shawne Williams also looked really good, I thought he rebounded the ball well, kept his body in good position in the post to be able to get rebounds, blocked a couple shots, and even looked good shooting his free throws. he may not crack the rotation much in the frontcourt this year, but he will get better, and be really good in the future.

- Sarunas didn't shoot the ball well, but I could see what some were talking about from the fan jam, about his team defense being better. A lot of that came from spacing, when facing a quick guard, he gave more space than last year, as to not get beat off the dribble quite so easy. He also had his usual great court vision, and some really nice passes, would have had more assists if a few more were converted, or not fouled.

- Harrison looked good, he created space in the paint as usual, 5 pts, 6 rbs, 3 blk in 12 minutes is damn fine production, and I hope he can stay consistent, and healthy this season.

Overall, I was very pleased with the effort, and new look, and athleticism I saw, it is very encouraging going into the season, even with the latest distractions.

I think if we can stay healthy, and continue to get the young guys better
as the season goes on, there should be no reason we can't finish 4th in the Eastern Conference in the reglar season, and get 1 round of home court.

But I do feel like optimally, I would like to see a trade made to thin out the roster, to be able to keep Powell, Marshall, and Greene, we almost have to find a way to keep all 3. Edwards, Lampley, and Hunter can be cut as far as I'm concerned, but that leaves 2 spots for 3 guys.

So, I know it's not likely, but if somehow they can find a team to trade for Stephen Jackson, I would try to put Foster in there as sweetener, because from our end he's had hip surgeries, and is almost 30.

So if we can get a team to trade us 1 guy for those 2, that can either be of use, or be cut without any penalty, then we'd be able to keep all of Powell, Marshall, and Greene, and be set for the future as far as depth goes.

And please don't blast me for suggesting trying to trade Jax, I don't feel that way from the recent incidents so much as what I saw in the game tonight, and the desire to do whatever it takes to keep all of those young guys (Powell, Marshall, Greene) without having to cut any of them. And I just don't see any other legitimate trade pieces other than Jax, and Foster.

Frank Slade
10-11-2006, 10:28 PM
I can see perhaps a Foster + Shawne Williams deal , just possibly ..

pantsfish
10-11-2006, 10:33 PM
I couldn't be more impressed.

IUColtPacerFan
10-11-2006, 10:35 PM
First, I was very impressed tonight. I am so psyched about this team right now. I know it is too early to say that, but I don't care. It WAS fun to watch.

Second, I have seen a couple people mention Al's superfluous shot-taking. This may be a stupid thought, but do you think these guys feel a little extra pressure to "win" even if it is ultimately meaningless, just because of all of the other drama? Maybe that is why Al was trying to "take over"?

pantsfish
10-11-2006, 10:42 PM
First, I was very impressed tonight. I am so psyched about this team right now. I know it is too early to say that, but I don't care. It WAS fun to watch.

Second, I have seen a couple people mention Al's superfluous shot-taking. This may be a stupid thought, but do you think these guys feel a little extra pressure to "win" even if it is ultimately meaningless, just because of all of the other drama? Maybe that is why Al was trying to "take over"?

Al, to me, was the least impressive of the bunch. For every impressive under-the-basket score he pulled it seemed like there were three ill-advised, low-percentage jumpers. Hopefully he picks up on the new system -- with Jack likely gone I'd hate for Harrington to be the guy I spend my time yelling at.

Unclebuck
10-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Rick is talking about Al, saying he can get shots whenever he wants, but he needs to realize what are good shots and not so good shots.

Meaning: Rick wasn't too excited about Al's shot selection

McKeyFan
10-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Tinsley looked great.

However, I still see the same thing I've seen for years. He makes great passes at times and makes nice offensive moves, but doesn't get the whole team involved -- just himself and they guy he makes the cool pass to. Doesn't make the pass that leads to the assist very often.

Sarunas is better at it. And, from what I observed, a better "team offense" was at play tonight while he was at the point. (In fact, if its possible to do a plus minus for when Saras was at point, I think it was way up in the plus column.)

Nevertheless, Tins does look to be in good shape and did make some beautiful passes. Other than one apparent 1-one-1 incident (after somebody burned him, I forget who), he seems to be a newer, better and more improved Tinsley. I enjoyed watching him tonight.

sixthman
10-11-2006, 11:00 PM
I also liked what I saw of Shawne, although I admit I expected the worst, but he seemed to have a a lot of skills, made a really nice pass and just seemed like a pretty goods player. hard to put my finger on why I like him, but I think he'll be a player in a few years.

Orien Green looked good in the fourth quarter I thought.

Rawle Marshall was even better than I heard.

Powell and Baston fit this team great.

But, you are right, Shawne Williams is much farther along than I thought he would be. He has the talent to be very good, and the aggressiveness and confidence are going to be there. You can see it. He also fits really well into an up tempo game, as quick and lanky as he is.

Pacesetter
10-11-2006, 11:05 PM
The fans sucked, as usual in preseason, and it's an absolute wonder the team came to life.

That being said, Baston was my "new" player of the game - what an acquisition. He was incredible and a difference maker for sure.

Al was Al, and he looks like he picked up where he left off. I am very ashamed of Jackson for creating the circus he has because imo, it took some of Al's thunder away. No problem though, the loyal fans won't start coming out until the season begins and then he'll get his due. Tonight he was spectacular.

Orien Greene was fantastic too. I don't think Jimmie is going to make it though. He did well but I'm afraid one bad decision has costed him the slim shot of making the team he had. On Greenes play, he was aggressive and talked alot, he also spurred the defensive side too. He's my pick to make it.

Josh Powell looked great as well. He is a tough guy. He battled hard, reminded me of Chris Wilcox a little bit.

I'm really proud of the way the guys fought tonight. They turned it on and never looked back. I had a great time watching from the lower bowl!

Thanks Pacers!!!!!!!! :cool:

Trader Joe
10-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Al, to me, was the least impressive of the bunch. For every impressive under-the-basket score he pulled it seemed like there were three ill-advised, low-percentage jumpers. Hopefully he picks up on the new system -- with Jack likely gone I'd hate for Harrington to be the guy I spend my time yelling at.

I have to ask a question.

Is 10/21 really that bad shooting? I don't think so. COuld it have been better? Sure. But I'd be willing to bet that no one in that locker room was as pumped as Al was to get out there. He could have had 25 and 12 if he played in the the 4th. He looked dominant to me. Especially in the post.

grace
10-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Here's what I have to report:

David Harrison is too skinny. The Pacers should trade him for Michael Sweetney.

Jay Williams had 2 pts, 2 rebounds, and 1 foul.

Gnome had 1 order of nachos.

Shade had 1 hot dog, 1 pretzel, and was in line for a smoothie the last I saw him.

That is all.

:goodnight

owl
10-11-2006, 11:51 PM
I watched the game on disc after I got home and the biggest change from
last year is the number of long armed athletic players the Pacers have.
This is going to create a lot of defensive havoc and lead to more running.
This is Rick's dream way of having offense. They also pushed the ball and got into the offense much quicker than last year. Last year was painful to watch
in general. I really like the new guys. Powell is an interesting player. Seems
to have calm demeanor and sharp mind for the game. Shawne Williams seems
the same way. I can see why they picked him when they did. White
will be a running and dunking fool at the 2 this year. I really hope they
utilize their depth to pressure teams all game long and keep the running game
going. I really am pleased with what the Pacers have. With the uncertainty of
Jax's situation and Hunter,Edwards and Lampley likely not making the cut
I believe you can see what the team should be. Three point shooting will
be not as prevelent this year. Rebounds and shot blocking will be up.

CableKC
10-12-2006, 12:22 AM
Okay...I know a win is a win...and it looks like the way the offense was run was much better then expected.....but I will be the downer in all this.....admittedly....the Nets played their 2nd and 3rd stringers for 2/3 of the game.....their regular starters ( RJeff, Krstic and Kidd ) played 17, 14 and 10 minutes....with no Air Canada playing either. :zip:

Trader Joe
10-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Okay...I know a win is a win...and it looks like the way the offense was run was much better then expected.....but I will be the downer in all this.....admittedly....the Nets played their 2nd and 3rd stringers for 2/3 of the game.....their regular starters ( RJeff, Krstic and Kidd ) played 17, 14 and 10 minutes....with no Air Canada playing either. :zip:

No JO. No Jax. Which would throw us off. Jack is probably gone forever, but it would still be tough to adjust too. We kicked their kiesters fair and square.

CableKC
10-12-2006, 12:29 AM
I will add that SJax and JONeal weren't playing...so....yes, I guess we were at a disadvantage as well

pantsfish
10-12-2006, 12:31 AM
I have to ask a question.

Is 10/21 really that bad shooting? I don't think so. COuld it have been better? Sure. But I'd be willing to bet that no one in that locker room was as pumped as Al was to get out there. He could have had 25 and 12 if he played in the the 4th. He looked dominant to me. Especially in the post.

He didn't play as long as he would in a regular season game and a lot of those shots were terrible. Numbers don't mean as much as quality -- those horrid midrange/three-point jumpers were terrible looking.

Even Quinn said something along the lines of "that's right, Al, let someone else touch the ball".

CableKC
10-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Good God.....were the majority of those 21 FGA mid-range to 3pt territory shots?

I was really hoping that he could offer some solid Low-Post scoring.....

AesopRockOn
10-12-2006, 12:37 AM
I can see perhaps a Foster + Shawne Williams deal , just possibly ..

I think the fans and the management still have faith that Shawne will develop into a pretty good player so I don't think that they'll trade him until they give him a chance. I think we must keep Foster because of his experience and hustle. He sets a great example for these younguns when he doesn't have the ball in his hands:D .
I'm sure the people who would have traded Jax for a bag of chips would gladly do the deal for one, grimey old chip.
Even though microwave said something about management working on a trade, I think they are just trying to focus on the positive and this game, though it wasn't against the like of JK, RJ & VC, was impressive and something to build on. Probably cut Rawle, Edwards, Snap, Lanyard (is that it?) and keep the rest. I'm excited about the team now but wait till tomorrow when Jax ****s up again and is forced to challenge Tyrone Biggums in Fear Factor:-o .

Trader Joe
10-12-2006, 12:38 AM
Good God.....were the majority of those 21 FGA mid-range to 3pt territory shots?

I was really hoping that he could offer some solid Low-Post scoring.....

I thought he spent most of his time in the post/driving to the hoop. I'd say 6-7 of those 11 misses were ill advised shots.

Pacesetter
10-12-2006, 12:40 AM
Here's what I have to report:

David Harrison is too skinny. The Pacers should trade him for Michael Sweetney.

Jay Williams had 2 pts, 2 rebounds, and 1 foul.

Gnome had 1 order of nachos.

Shade had 1 hot dog, 1 pretzel, and was in line for a smoothie the last I saw him.

That is all.

:goodnight

I've known Sweetney for quite a few years, even watched him play HS ball at Oxon Hill, MD. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to trading them straight up. Dave's head's stuck in his lower abdominal area!

Naptown_Seth
10-12-2006, 12:49 AM
Here's my breakdown, which are always detailed, so I hope you really like ball. :) This is first quarter stuff only for now.

1) Early on they showed the FanJam play I mentioned. It's the same HIGH PnR with the 1 and 5, normally SarJas and David, where the 5 goes from the FT line/arc area straight down the lane (rather than a soft roll).

The variation I saw at FJ was that the 4 came out to the elbow opposite of the PG roll and if they overplayed the lane man then the PG had the option of passing across to the elbow man who would pass into the lane from the opposite side. Great play because if you face then he just spins on you and is actually between you (the defender) and the rim. It's also nice because it adds a 2nd layer/option to that money play from last year.

BUT, in the first quarter it was Tinsley and Al in the PnR with Foster coming to the elbow. Foster immediately passed and Al clearly intentionally forced his man out so he had that inside position. He missed it but it was a 1 foot jumper.

I was very excited to see that play and to see it join the first team rather than being a SarJas/Dave only thing.

2) Granger got credit for one early steal that was actually Tinsley knocking the Kidd pass away on a 3-2 break. Better yet was the spacing going the other way, with Granger running the 3/4 spot (diag runing elbow to hoop) a few paces ahead of Tinsley and White running the fast lane on the outside.

That spacing forced Jefferson to stay in the lane to protect against Granger, and to keep him from making a play on ball movement Tinsley smartly skipped Granger in the passing order and went ahead to White for the dunk.

3) The Granger alley-oop. This had a lot to do with Tinsley. They didn't have the space as they came up and weren't really pushing it, but I noticed that just past the HC line they gave each other a look and Danny saw that he was sneaking behind his man (Williams I think since it was transition). The instant this happens you can see (even in slo-mo) Danny step up the pace and bam comes the pass.

Great read. Nice comfort between the players.

4) They ran a REBOUND PICK! Very nice ball. 3:45 after SarJas was in. They run a play where SarJas goes lane, screens for Daniels while ball is on top. Foster screens for the screener (SJ) which gives Cabbages a good look from the Al pass.

But the clever part is that this is a timing play and Daniels comes through the SJ screen to set one for Granger, specifically for rebound position. In this case it was a miss and putback. This is an extremely sophisticated play IMO. At least 3-4 good screens, all done well, and all with an effective purpose. The kind of play where the other team thinks they see what's being done, but really there is something more going on past what you are showing.

In fact the other decoy is that Daniels is coming to the strong side where Al has the ball up high still and feigns a low post move first, then steps into the screen for Danny. So the Nets reaction was to defend the entry pass first, and that made the screen much more effective.

5) White looked poised again and certainly not lost on either end. He shows that he knows the spacing and recognizes needs on the fly (sees problem holes or avoids bunching the offesive spacing).

6) Al drives the ball, he (and White, Daniels) won't settle for outside looks. Al puts them up to keep teams honest, but he appears to like driving, or at least has the discipline to know it has to get done. Love it, same thing they showed at FJ.

7) Speaking of Daniels driving, 2:45 they tried to post David. They rotated the ball quickly to find entries and gave him only a few seconds to find post positions off those rotations. They quickly identified that it wasn't there (big improvement from the past) and Daniels/Powell immediately went to the next play, a PnR between the two which results in a Daniels layup though I think Powell was actually open too.

Quick decisions will give the team the up-tempo feel rather than true run and gun crap.

The choices here - 21 seconds SJ passes to left 3/4 arc Daniels w/ Harrison working the mid-block. Nothing. 20-19 seconds over to Powell high arc w/ Harrison trying to work to the center lane. Nothing. 18-17 ball over to right 3/4 arc Marshall w/ Harrison working mid-block. Dave doubled. Nothing.

16 seconds and the ball is back in Daniels hands on the high left with Powell already moving into PnR position. 5 seconds and you are working on your 4th offensive look of the set. They've scored by 10 seconds left and that was mostly spent on MD's driving time.

8) Some of the reason I think SarJas is playing better team defense is that I think Rick et al have schemed it better in total. Just after the play in #7 above they were on defense and Kidd setup a PnR high. The Pacers moved into a pseudo-zone off a fake switch and SarJas effectively leaving his man.

It ended with SarJas standing mid-lane but above the FT line, so legal. Marshall shifted high to deny the on-coming pick and Powell sagged way off the other way to prevent the drive left.

This shift was so pronounced that they basically switched, though Marshall was still technically facing and guarding Kidd. But with SarJas so far over it was almost like he was guarding the pick man and Kidd was getting doubled.

I like it. It had some of the zone benefits (more space covered) but everything you like out of a full man coverage double. I don't remember them trying anything like this last year. Very nice. In this case Kidd stepped out of bounds (Powell was denying him space on the sideline more than I think Kidd realized).

9) At the 1:50 mark the Pacers ran the play described in #1, but with the more traditional SarJas and Harrison as primaries, and with Powell as the elbow guy. Powell showed another variation off the play as Cliff rotated down in the lane to prevent the entry pass. This left him so far off Powell that he had a wide open elbow jumper.

He missed it, but that's JO favorite. Now I really see where this play is going in the regular season. Tins/Al with JO on the elbow. Tins entry to Al on one side, JO entry to Al on the other, JO jumper if they cheat both. Very strong play. Looks like one that will be a bread and butter.

10) Baseline screen by David for the Daniels curl. But with SarJas on ball up top he catches Cliff watching Daniels come off the screen for just a split second and passes right behind him to the open Harrison. That's the offensive awareness, vision and passing ability that makes you want to see SarJas capable of staying on the court.

11) To end the quarter the Nets double SarJas hard off the PnR move. He got fouled but it was almost trouble. They desperately need a counter to this strategy ASAP.

I heard some of the game earlier so I'm pretty sure Baston gets an alley-oop, but at this point no comment. For the rest...

Daniels - strong, same as FJ

Al - strong, same as FJ, suprisingly effective with the dribble

White - mature, in the rotation. Looks better than Fred IMO, minus the 3 ball of course.

Granger - overplayed an early PnR like a rookie, but I think he's going to be a go-to by mid-season as these mistakes are coming less and less frequently.

SarJas - still good passing, better team defense, same as FanJam

Marshall - better than at FJ, showing some life and quickness, he's pushing to make the choice tough

Harrison - same as last year at this point

Tinsley - runs the court well, but honestly at this point he looks less than his best. Considering that he looked pretty good, this isn't a problem, just that you know there's more in there.

Greene - at this point I haven't seen him in the game, heard some plays by him on the radio

Shawne - just came in, haven't seen him yet to comment

Foster - mostly standard, maybe his 1 on 1 is a tad better. Starter material, off the bench is a luxury.

Powell - like White, this guy is ready for regular rotation time. Not just decent talent, he also seems to play a smart game.

I know they win and after one I can see how. I have to say that I'm really impressed. The playbook already looks deeper, the team looks a lot more lively, and they are playing good team ball. After FanJam I had real concerns about the scoring depth due to individual scoring talent (or lack thereof), but if they run this many good, complex sets that won't be a factor.

Naptown_Seth
10-12-2006, 01:00 AM
Last year, this would have been really bad.
They did do this a little last year (Tins and SarJas together) and it always looked really GOOD. I described it as seeing Francis and Mobley working together during their prime Houston days. Now I realize Francis is a ball hog, but if you ever got to see the pure offensive connection between Mobley and Franchise then you know what I'm talking about here.

Either guy could move with the ball, make great passes, and best of all both worked off the other when they didn't have the ball. I think SarJas and Tins flow in a similar manner off each other.

I wanted to see more of this last year, but once Tins hit the full time injury list he looked terrible (in the brief periods when he returned).