PDA

View Full Version : Ok, now that Jackson's out of the picture

PacerMan
10-09-2006, 10:15 PM
(wait for it, he wasn't absent from FanJam because of the the stitches)
I don't think we'll get a thing for him from anyone, so it'll be a straight cut.
Are you: Ok going with Daniels/White/Saras at the 2 spot? Play Granger some minutes there? (NO). What?

Trader Joe
10-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Haha, slow down there chief.

Evan_The_Dude
10-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Jackson wasn't absent because of stitches, he was absent from being hit by a car.

Alpolloloco
10-09-2006, 10:25 PM
I sure can live with Daniels/White as our SG's, and add Hunter to the mix.
Sarunas should strictly play PG (and is starter worthy as I may say).

So what should we do with Tinsley? Does he have enough trade value?

Destined4Greatness
10-09-2006, 10:26 PM
(wait for it, he wasn't absent from FanJam because of the the stitches)
I don't think we'll get a thing for him from anyone, so it'll be a straight cut.
Are you: Ok going with Daniels/White/Saras at the 2 spot? Play Granger some minutes there? (NO). What?

You might want to check news reports out, they have already released when he will be returning to practice.

Go figure you get hit by a car and miss a practice your getting cut. JO or Jamaal gets hurt taking a **** and the support just flies in.

ajbry
10-09-2006, 10:27 PM
Talk about delusional, damn.

Get a hold of yourself.

Destined4Greatness
10-09-2006, 10:27 PM
I sure can live with Daniels/White as our SG's, and add Hunter to the mix.
Sarunas should strictly play PG (and is starter worthy as I may say).

So what should we do with Tinsley? Does he have enough trade value?

So wait Hunter and Daniels get promoted while Jackson and TInsley get demoted, makes perfect sense.

And are you ****ing kidding me, Runi is not ready to be the starter, sheesh Runi fans should have learned their lesson last offseason after he flopped.

CompACE
10-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Dude...seriously. Don't come to such fast conclusions. For a second there, i thought we had just traded jackson.

Alpolloloco
10-09-2006, 10:30 PM
I say Tinsley flopped badly friday and he has been flopping the last few years with all the injuries.

Sarunas will be our starter before the Allstar break!

ChicagoJ
10-09-2006, 10:33 PM
I say Tinsley flopped badly friday and he has been flopping the last few years with all the injuries.

And then we'll get a solid lottery pick and we can draft a PG.

Destined4Greatness
10-09-2006, 10:37 PM

Amen

Bball
10-09-2006, 10:38 PM

We could've drafted a PG this year and didn't. We'd draft a 'tweener' project instead.

-Bball

ChicagoJ
10-09-2006, 10:39 PM
I think Marcus Williams might have someplace better to be at 3am.

Maybe "looking" for stereo/ computer equipment. I kid... I kid...

Alpolloloco
10-09-2006, 10:47 PM
We do need another PG next year. Whith Armstrong retiring after this season it's best to draft a young PG who can learn the ropes from our star PG Jasikevicius.

ChicagoJ
10-09-2006, 10:53 PM
We do need another PG next year. Whith Armstrong retiring after this season it's best to draft a young PG who can learn the ropes from our star PG Jasikevicius.

If everybody's got you on ignore, that's one thing.

But with the tempers flaring around here, I'm not sure its a good time to go trolling around with obnoxiously overinflated opinions about Saras.

Or bump the Official Saras thread, instead.

bulldog
10-10-2006, 12:25 AM
Eh, maybe he will be traded.

Poor larry and donnie have been jerked around by artest, now Jax, at some point they might make an example of someone, deserved or not.

I'd be OK with Jax being that example, since I think he hurts us on the court as much as he hurts us on it.

Destined4Greatness
10-10-2006, 12:28 AM
Eh, maybe he will be traded.

Poor larry and donnie have been jerked around by artest, now Jax, at some point they might make an example of someone, deserved or not.

I'd be OK with Jax being that example, since I think he hurts us on the court as much as he hurts us on it.

Well with logic like that who can argue, lol. With Jackson on the court the team has a better winning percentage than with him off of it. And he is the only guy left on our roster from last year that has really ever showed up for an elimination game that ended well for his team. Not to mention hes got the ring proving he can be a part of a championship team. Nobody else can claim that.

PacerMan
10-10-2006, 12:42 AM
Talk about delusional, damn.

Get a hold of yourself.

;) Wait for it.

bulldog
10-10-2006, 01:51 AM
Well with logic like that who can argue, lol. With Jackson on the court the team has a better winning percentage than with him off of it. And he is the only guy left on our roster from last year that has really ever showed up for an elimination game that ended well for his team. Not to mention hes got the ring proving he can be a part of a championship team. Nobody else can claim that.
According to 82games.com, we were -5 when he was on the court as opposed to when he was off it. According to that admittedly flawed statistic (doesn't take into account rotations, etc.), we're better off without him. Now, I'm not saying that -5 is the end of the argument, I'm just saying your assertion that Jackson obviously helps us is not as clear-cut as you make it seem. But thats a discussion thats been beaten to death, and I'll repeat my opinion that if Larry and Donnie are gonna have a knee-jerk "let's trade him" reaction to anyone on this team, I'd most prefer it be Jackson.

Putnam
10-10-2006, 08:47 AM

Pacerman, I think you are way off. The Pacers are not going to cut Jackson. They CAN'T cut him. They are obligated to him for nearly $28 million and for four more seasons. And do you really think the Simons would say, "Donnie, take this $28 million here and go pay him off." That is not going to happen.

A trade is still technically possible, but if TPTB had any intention of doing that, they'd have done it over the summer.

Jackson will stay, and he will set the tone for the team for years to come. It's his world.

PacerMan
10-10-2006, 08:51 AM
P

A trade is still technically possible, but if TPTB had any intention of doing that, they'd have done it over the summer.

Jackson will stay, and he will set the tone for the team for years to come. It's his world.

Guess you missed that incident the other night? (a lot has changed) (again).

His *** is goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. (good riddence)

Rinuven
10-10-2006, 09:10 AM
Guess you missed that incident the other night? (a lot has changed) (again).

His *** is goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. (good riddence)

And where is he going, exactly? :confused:

C'mon...look at his contract, and look at the FACTS of the recent situation. Jack is our starting SG. Read the papers, you'll find when he's coming back to practice. Doesn't sound like a guy that's on the chopping block.

Alpolloloco
10-10-2006, 09:27 AM
I don't think the question is whether he is our proclaimed starting SG or that he has a fat contract. The question is do the fans want him anymore?

I bet you know the answer on that one!

Putnam
10-10-2006, 09:44 AM
I don't think the question is whether he is our proclaimed starting SG or that he has a fat contract. The question is do the fans want him anymore? I bet you know the answer on that one!

Some don't want him and some do. Those who do want him are the winners.

It's their world.

Rinuven
10-10-2006, 09:49 AM
I don't think the question is whether he is our proclaimed starting SG or that he has a fat contract. The question is do the fans want him anymore?

I bet you know the answer on that one!

My point is where can he go? The previous post said he is "gone." He's not going anywhere. Get used to the idea of supporting/rooting against a Pacer team that has Stephen Jackson in the starting line-up.

For me, I don't see how this incident wrecks the season the way some of you imply. I'm still excited about the potential of this team in a way I haven't been the past few years.

Alpolloloco
10-10-2006, 09:54 AM
It might not wreck the season of the team but it certainly will wreck the ticket sales. When a big percentage of the fans who have acclaimed not to attend a Pacer game with Jackson (or even Tinsley) in it will indeed stick to their opinion there will be huge empty holes in Conseco.

Putnam
10-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Jackson's $28 million contract equals 560,000 tickets at an average of $50 per ticket. Over three years (123 home games), that would mean 4,552 tickets per game. Unless that many people are shown to stay away strictly because of Jackson alone, then the team is better keeping him and kissing off the fickle fans who care about side issues like the players' morality and legality.

Saruniac, do you believe there are that many genuine ticket-buying people who still care about whether NBA players are gun-totin', dope-smokin', probation-violatin' high-livin' heroes? There's you, and there's me. That makes two. I think we'd be hard pressed to find 100 more. I think there is no way we'd find 4,552.

(And to be perfectly honest, I pay $35 or $25, so I should count as only half.)

It's their world.

DisplacedKnick
10-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Well, last year's average attendance was 15,180. That was a huge drop from the previous year's 16,994.

It may be that most of the people disgusted by the team's image have already bailed - however IMO keeping Jackson will really hurt attempts to get them back.

Again, IMO the Pacers need to hire a marketing firm and as quickly as possible get some sort of idea how keeping vs trading Jackson will influence sales. Hopefully that marketing firm can also factor wins and losses into it. Obviously, a 30-win team won't draw as many as a 45 or 50 win team. I don't happen to think Stephen Jackson will make that much of a difference to the team's record. In fact, I can make a pretty strong argument that in the long term trading him will help the team because it will give Granger more opportunities. But that still needs to be factored in.

I'd use this to base my decision on. Keep in mind Portland fired Whitsett as GM because even though the team was winning, ticket sales were dropping because of the team's image. Of course right after that they started losing like mad and ticket sales dropped even further.

Anyway, I can't judge exactly what kind of effect this latest incident will have on ticket sales but I'd hope the Pacers are working with some professionals to try to figure that out. The problem is, they have to wait a few weeks until the furor over this dies down to even start doing an analysis. It wouldn't surprise me if even the dude from fanjam who said he wouldn't buy season tickets after 21 years changes his mind in a couple of weeks. Time will lend more perspective.

McKeyFan
10-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Jackson's $28 million contract equals 560,000 tickets at an average of $50 per ticket. Over three years (123 home games), that would mean 4,552 tickets per game. Unless that many people are shown to stay away strictly because of Jackson alone, then the team is better keeping him and kissing off the fickle fans who care about side issues like the players' morality and legality.

Saruniac, do you believe there are that many genuine ticket-buying people who still care about whether NBA players are gun-totin', dope-smokin', probation-violatin' high-livin' heroes? There's you, and there's me. That makes two. I think we'd be hard pressed to find 100 more. I think there is no way we'd find 4,552.

(And to be perfectly honest, I pay $35 or $25, so I should count as only half.)

It's their world.

That is so depressing.

Isn't it four years, not three?

Putnam
10-10-2006, 10:48 AM
That is so depressing.

Isn't it four years, not three?

Yep, my bad. But it doesn't change the principle.

Make it 3,414 anti-Jackson boycotters per game for 164 home games over four seasons as the break-even point where the franchise needs to care more about the fans than about his $28 million contract.

Alpolloloco
10-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Maybe we should turn it around: are there 3.414 pro-Jackson fans willing to pay his salary for the coming 4 years?

If so, let him stay at the cost of his fans but don't let the Simon Brothers pay for him anymore.

Will there be enough pro-Jackson fans who would go this extra mile?

Destined4Greatness
10-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Maybe we should turn it around: are there 3.414 pro-Jackson fans willing to pay his salary for the coming 4 years?

If so, let him stay at the cost of his fans but don't let the Simon Brothers pay for him anymore.

Will there be enough pro-Jackson fans who would go this extra mile?

By that logic the Pro JO fans should have to pay his salary for all the games he misses, because I know people are tired of that. Too bad he makes almost 10 million in just the games he misses per year.

Now I am sorry, but this is just retarded, bad idea, stupid joke, I have no clue but its one or the other.

Alpolloloco
10-10-2006, 11:41 AM
By that logic the Pro JO fans should have to pay his salary for all the games he misses, because I know people are tired of that. Too bad he makes almost 10 million in just the games he misses per year.

Now I am sorry, but this is just retarded, bad idea, stupid joke, I have no clue but its one or the other.

Of course it's a joke but not a stupid one. I save the stupid jokes for Jermaniac, so he can have another laugh with his bandwagon fans. ;)

Robertmto
10-19-2006, 10:30 AM
<------ wonders what all the deleted posts were....

Jermaniac
10-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Sorry you missed it, I OWNED IN THIS THREAD. Most of the posts deleted after mine where people laughing their *** of at what I said.

Since86
10-19-2006, 02:26 PM
How does his post get to stay up, when he's calling out another poster?

The very first rule of PD is "Don't be a jerk."

I'm not gonna argue that Jerm's post should have been left up, 1)because I have no idea what it said 2) I'm sure it should have been deleted, but his should be gone as well.

That's a classic example of being a troll/flamer.

Naptown_Seth
10-19-2006, 02:37 PM
I understand why local fans or longtime fans go with the personalization of their relationship with the team, but honestly I don't think people who are only fans of the team because of the are fans of a specific player that just joined the team should really be going with the "our" POV.

Unless you want to me to believe (without laughing) that a Sarunas trade to Cleveland wouldn't turn you into a Cavs fan and end your days of worrying about "our" starting PG situation.

Alpolloloco
10-20-2006, 03:45 AM
I understand why local fans or longtime fans go with the personalization of their relationship with the team, but honestly I don't think people who are only fans of the team because of the are fans of a specific player that just joined the team should really be going with the "our" POV.

Unless you want to me to believe (without laughing) that a Sarunas trade to Cleveland wouldn't turn you into a Cavs fan and end your days of worrying about "our" starting PG situation.

As you can read in the roll call thread I'm a longtime Pacers fan, going back to the day Wayman Tisdale was traded by the Pacers. Since then I followed tem as much as I could (what was hard in that time in The Netherlands) and regained my interest when my fellow countrymen Rik Smits joined them. I'm also a big Mark Jackson fan and Chris Mullin was one of my favourite college/NBA players at that time!

So sorry if I ruin your day but I will stay a Pacers fan, even after Sarunas would be traded to whatever team (or return to Europe).:proud:

Jermaniac
10-20-2006, 10:27 AM

Unless you want to me to believe (without laughing) that a Sarunas trade to Cleveland wouldn't turn you into a Cavs fan and end your days of worrying about "our" starting PG situation.You pretty much nailed every single person who all of a sudden became a Pacers fan when Sarunas signed here with that last line. As soon as he is not a Pacer anymore, they will not be Pacers fans anymore.

Alpolloloco
10-20-2006, 11:42 AM
You pretty much nailed every single person who all of a sudden became a Pacers fan when Sarunas signed here with that last line. As soon as he is not a Pacer anymore, they will not be Pacers fans anymore.

Well let's see if you stick around when your God JO gets shipped out of town (and that day is coming closer and closer).

I bet you leave this board just like you left RealGM ..... *****ing and crying! :rockon:

Jermaniac
10-20-2006, 09:16 PM
You can yank deez. Thats all I'm gonna tell you.

Naptown_Seth
10-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Well Alpo, I'm only going by the timing of your joining both PD and Star forums, as well as your attitude about SarJas in relation to the rest of the team that you "support".

I also liked when you were part of trying to throw the "Pacers Survivor" game at the Star. That said "fan" to me. That kind of behavior doesn't match the idea of a fan since 89.

Eindar
10-21-2006, 02:33 AM
Can we let this thread die? The title keeps giving me hope that we traded Jackson while I was sleeping, and the contents are full of sniping and snide remarks.

There's not one redeeming thing about this entire thread. Let it go, and concentrate on the team. :)