PDA

View Full Version : Tim Legler just said something that astonishes me

MSA2CF
04-26-2004, 06:26 PM
He just said,"I think New Jersey has flown under the radar all season. Everyone's been focusing on Indiana and Detroit, especially after the Rasheed Wallace trade..."

:scream:

Since when has anyone ever talked about us in the national media, except for a tidbit, when they mention we have the best record in the NBA? That's the only time I ever heard about us and he acts like we get all the attention...When Byron Scott got fired, it was ALL New Jersey Nets.

Sorry, I know I really don't care what Tim Legler says, but I hate for him to blatantly state a fabrication of his imagination. :mad:

:rant:

efx
04-26-2004, 06:28 PM
Actually, when it comes to who will win the East, Indiana has gotten way more attention than Nj for sure.

MSA2CF
04-26-2004, 06:29 PM
Actually, when it comes to who will win the East, Indiana has gotten way more attention than Nj for sure.

He was talking about the entire season, as a whole, and in the national spotlight...

It's just my opinion...I think all the other NBA teams get much more attention than we do.

[hr]
I just want some DAP! :cheers:

TheSauceMaster
04-26-2004, 06:31 PM
2 words

WHO CARES ?

efx
04-26-2004, 06:31 PM
Oh yeah, we're underexposed considering what we've achived this season. But NJ are the twotime defending Eastern Champions and as such they have also been underrated this season.

MSA2CF
04-26-2004, 06:33 PM
2 words
WHO CARES ?

I know, I know...This is the first time it has irked me all year. Usually I'm angry that we don't get any attention, but this time, he said we did get attention when I feel that we really don't. Just expressing myself the only way I can, TheSauceMaster...I don't have anyone else who would care about my NBA opinions, so you have to bear with it. :flirt:

TheSauceMaster
04-26-2004, 06:37 PM
I like being underated , and I know JO has voiced some complaints but I actually think that the lack of attention is just making the pacers more focused and angry. The spurs in the west are just like us but there in the west and that's the reason I have picked the Pacers VS Spurs in the Finals :D

Kstat
04-26-2004, 06:51 PM
I still laugh my *** off every time there's a topic like this on here. Are you guys REALLY that insecure that you can't sleep at night until someone on TV tells you that your team is good?

Yeesh.

SkipperZ
04-26-2004, 07:09 PM
I actually love the fact that the media overlooks this team... sure it sucks that we get playoff games on NBA TV but the fact that the media doesnt talk about this team makes it all that much better.

Its gonna make it that much sweeter when we win the championship. We will be underdogs going into the ECF, and going into the WC, and come out looking like a cinderella story.

Its like how much could a Laker fan REALLY have enjoyed the third of their 3 championships? They were supposed to win.

TheSauceMaster
04-26-2004, 07:09 PM
I still laugh my *** off every time there's a topic like this on here. Are you guys REALLY that insecure that you can't sleep at night until someone on TV tells you that your team is good?

Yeesh.

Good Point :laugh:

Pig Nash
04-26-2004, 07:15 PM

Yeesh.

We would just like some, as Wilbon would see, dap. Nobody but Greg Anthony acknowledges us and we're tired of it. But i don't care very much. I don't value any of their opinions anyway.

TheSauceMaster
04-26-2004, 07:17 PM
you must not watch much tv pignash , I have heard Walton , Barkley and Kenny Smith all give the Pacers some props lately ;)

BillS
04-26-2004, 07:22 PM

I'd like to be able to hear about my team period.

You forget that there are Pacer fans outside the Indy area, and down here there are days they don't even put the Pacer game in the box scores, even when it isn't a late game. I have a running game with my wife when the Sunday sports section comes out, to see how many teams and players they mention in the "Around the Eastern Conference" column without mentioning the Pacers. Usually, they mention 75-80 percent of the teams and leave the Pacers out completely. It's like they don't exist.

To be honest, there is something in most folks from Indiana who still care about the place that makes us want to see something other than the snickers or sneers or dismissals we continually get from the rest of the country. It's one of the reasons I love Reggie's book and his "Beyond the Glory" - yeah, Indianapolis ain't NY or LA or even Chicago or Atlanta, but it's a great place in its own way.

National recognition puts games on ABC or TNT instead of NBA-TV or not on at all. National recognition sells Pacer gear so that you don't spend your days faced with a sporting goods store full of Kobe/Shaq/Jordan gear and nothing else. National recognition means you get to read articles about the Pacers by writers other than Mark Montieth, Conrad Brunner, or Bob Kravitz. National recognition means maybe someday we'll see some ABA-only players in the BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME (anybody see NBA in that title, 'cause I sure don't)

Yep, with an internet connection I can log on to get scores and a little "water-cooler conversation" fix, but if I'm not at the computer I have no resources for Pacer info.

I don't like it, I shouldn't have to like it, and no one should be telling me that I have to like it.

MSA2CF
04-26-2004, 08:00 PM
I like being underated , and I know JO has voiced some complaints but I actually think that the lack of attention is just making the pacers more focused and angry. The spurs in the west are just like us but there in the west and that's the reason I have picked the Pacers VS Spurs in the Finals :D

I agree.

Yeesh.

I suppose this quote is directed toward me. I am not insecure that people say my team isn't good...Tim didn't say that. He simply stated something I disagree with. He said we get a lot of national attention. I say we don't...It has nothing to do with him thinking we aren't good. I know we are good and I don't need some stupid former NBA player to tell me that.

I actually love the fact that the media overlooks this team... sure it sucks that we get playoff games on NBA TV but the fact that the media doesnt talk about this team makes it all that much better.
Its gonna make it that much sweeter when we win the championship. We will be underdogs going into the ECF, and going into the WC, and come out looking like a cinderella story.

I share the exact same opinion. It's like you're reading my mind.

Bball
04-26-2004, 08:02 PM
If the Pacers go out and keep winning and/or at least stay competitive with all comers then the natl props will take care of themselves eventually.The cream rises to the top and that is when the natl media will either notice or be forced to notice.

On the other side of the coin it isn't like the Pacers' recent track record come the end of the season has been anything to crow about... until this season. And probably worse, when they did get some props last season they wilted like month old lettuce and made any natl media look a bit foolish for starting to believe in them.

All that matters is that the Pacers believe in themselves and keep the train on the track! The bootlickers will hop on in time.

One last thing... it isn't management's style to do things to get notice either. We don't make blockbuster trades mideseason usually, our players are not found on The Smoking Gun website with regularity, and they are well-spoken and not apt to make foolish headline grabbing statements. Just as under Brown, the Pacers just play their game.

-Bball

TheSauceMaster
04-26-2004, 08:13 PM
I think it's gonna be more fun to watch the media backpedal once they don't have the bandwagon teams there riding now :laugh:

Natston
04-26-2004, 08:32 PM
I think it's gonna be more fun to watch the media backpedal once they don't have the bandwagon teams there riding now :laugh:

Here's what the ANALysts will do. They'll either stick to their guns and make excuses for their old picks on why they didn't win or they'll become new fans of a different team. They'll downplay any references to their early picks if they jump ship. That way they are right not matter what. Their comrades at the desk won't push them to hard because they'll be guilty of the same thing. I have totally stopped watching pregame shows for both the NFL and NBA. I won't watch the halftime shows except for highlights for the NFL.

ChicagoJ
04-28-2004, 11:46 AM

I'd like to be able to hear about my team period.

You forget that there are Pacer fans outside the Indy area, and down here there are days they don't even put the Pacer game in the box scores, even when it isn't a late game. I have a running game with my wife when the Sunday sports section comes out, to see how many teams and players they mention in the "Around the Eastern Conference" column without mentioning the Pacers. Usually, they mention 75-80 percent of the teams and leave the Pacers out completely. It's like they don't exist.

To be honest, there is something in most folks from Indiana who still care about the place that makes us want to see something other than the snickers or sneers or dismissals we continually get from the rest of the country. It's one of the reasons I love Reggie's book and his "Beyond the Glory" - yeah, Indianapolis ain't NY or LA or even Chicago or Atlanta, but it's a great place in its own way.

National recognition puts games on ABC or TNT instead of NBA-TV or not on at all. National recognition sells Pacer gear so that you don't spend your days faced with a sporting goods store full of Kobe/Shaq/Jordan gear and nothing else. National recognition means you get to read articles about the Pacers by writers other than Mark Montieth, Conrad Brunner, or Bob Kravitz. National recognition means maybe someday we'll see some ABA-only players in the BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME (anybody see NBA in that title, 'cause I sure don't)

Yep, with an internet connection I can log on to get scores and a little "water-cooler conversation" fix, but if I'm not at the computer I have no resources for Pacer info.

Preach it, brother.