PDA

View Full Version : Why did Jackson miss the FanJam?

Eindar
10-09-2006, 03:03 AM
Something I hadn't really seen discussed at length, so please, explain here your reasoning why you feel Stephen Jackson missed the FanJam.

Leisure Suit Larry
10-09-2006, 03:08 AM
Rumor has it he was hit by a car. Seriously it's not like he missed a game. It was practice. I seriously doubt he is in trouble.

Bball
10-09-2006, 03:44 AM
He wasn't there...at all?

-Bball

aero
10-09-2006, 04:29 AM
nope he wasnt there at all they didnt even say his name when they announced all the players.

I think he needed to just kick back at home and relax, i mean the guy was hit by a car so we really dont know how serious he was hurt..im sure he had some cuts and bruses so it was best he just sat it out at home, it would however have been nice if the Pacers would have just said he wouldnt be there and why. They acted like he wasnt even on the team when they announced all the players and stuff

Raskolnikov
10-09-2006, 04:31 AM
^^ what aero said.

Anthem
10-09-2006, 09:21 AM
Because TPTB told him not to be there.

Edwards was there even though he didn't play.... Jack wasn't there because he would have been boo'd, and this was supposed to be a positive event.

Unclebuck
10-09-2006, 09:27 AM
He was at the Fieldhouse working out before the Fan Jam but left before it started

Steve
10-09-2006, 09:28 AM
I heard he was feeling a little run down...

heywoode
10-09-2006, 09:33 AM
I agree with the view that he was held out to avoid a negative connotation, and I voted that way.

In the past, injured players were still in attendance to participate in the team building, fun atmosphere that the FanJam is supposed to be....The fact that he wasn't even mentioned is the telling fact in this case.

ABADays
10-09-2006, 09:41 AM
He wasn't there because there weren't enough shots to go around. :-o Sorry, couldn't resist. Actually I predicted he wouldn't be there and read somewhere after that he wasn't going to be.

BlueNGold
10-09-2006, 10:17 AM
Almost said ducked out. I think it was partially recovering from bruises, but mainly management wanted to reduce the any potential negative reaction from fans.

bulldog
10-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Stephen Jackson, who is recovering from injuries suffered during an incident at a local club early Friday morning, worked out at the Fieldhouse on Sunday but did not stay for the Fan Jam.

He was OK to work out, but then left? Obviously, he could of at least sat on the bench.

Now, this is a totally separate from whether Jax deserves blame, but he was kept out at least partially for PR reasons. Of course, no reason to play hurt in the pre-season, but if this was any other player he probably would have been at the warm-up shooting around and stuff just to show everyone he was OK.

And I'd like to hear Grace's response, since she nailed me with a pithy comment in the other thread but didn't have the full story at the time.

Trader Joe
10-09-2006, 11:42 AM
It was probably a combo of the injuries making him more sore than he originally expected and to avoid any possible backlash and allow the situation to die down more.

!Pacers-Fan!
10-09-2006, 04:40 PM
His face was bumped up and wasn't looking good, so he left.

LoneGranger33
10-09-2006, 04:51 PM

Hahahaha...I'd have to agree...

Lord Helmet
10-09-2006, 05:06 PM
I'd say the guy was hit by a car 2 days before. I wouldn't expect him to play.

vapacersfan
10-09-2006, 05:09 PM
I'd say the guy was hit by a car 2 days before. I wouldn't expect him to play.

True.

The question, however, was not why did he not play by rather "why did he miss the whole event".

I think all of you are correct. He is probably still nursing injuries, but managment didnt want any chance for negative spin on what was supposed to be (and all accounts was) a "family friendly" positive event.

Naptown_Seth
10-09-2006, 08:27 PM
It was PR only. Edwards was there only to sit. Zero to do with health. Sure he wouldn't have played, but if he got hurt saving puppies from a fire, they would have trotted him out to a huge roar even if he was still wrapped up like the mummy.

Well maybe not that hurt. ;)

Roaming Gnome
10-09-2006, 08:36 PM

:rimshot:
As much as I hate this shi+, this did give me a pretty good laugh. Sick, I know...yet subtle and funny!