PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you have Pacers posters?

MagicRat
04-26-2004, 05:05 PM
Well, I am the parent in the master bedroom at my house, and posters aren't allowed.........

sweabs
04-26-2004, 05:07 PM
Well, I am the parent in the master bedroom at my house, and posters aren't allowed.........

*Insert whip sound here*

:laugh: ;)

Hicks
04-26-2004, 05:10 PM
Right now I have two in my room that are old:

1 is on the back of my door, it's Jalen Rose :o in a gold Pacers uni.

And then one I put up and never bothered to take down: A Pacers playoff poster made by a series of Pacers sponsers for the 2001 playoffs. :)

The second I see one I REALLY like with the new team on it, I'll get it; but none of them have "done it for me" yet.

TheSauceMaster
04-26-2004, 05:19 PM
I think what Rat is saying is his signifigant other wont allow him to hang posters in his bedroom :laugh:

ahhteeth
04-26-2004, 05:22 PM
ESPN Jermaine Poster (https://m1.buysub.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10201&storeId=10201&productId=15468&langId=-1)

I just recieved this one in the mail a few days ago and absolutly love it. It is very very high quality and a nice glossy finish. worth the $20

obnoxiousmodesty
04-26-2004, 05:34 PM
No wall posters, just lots of wallpaper for my PC's desktop. :nerd:

BillS
04-26-2004, 05:40 PM
I have the Marsh Reggie v. the Knicks dagger up on my office wall.

Natston
04-26-2004, 05:42 PM
I have a Jalen Rose poster hanging up in my house (eventhough I never liked him). :puke:

MagicRat
04-26-2004, 05:43 PM

good thing your not my parent :D

I do not tack them up though, that was me parents rule. I have to have them framed,

I think what Rat is saying is his signifigant other wont allow him to hang posters in his bedroom :laugh:

That is what I tried to say, but now that I look at it it could be read either way. (And if I was one of your parents, you'd be doing homework instead of posting on message boards!!!!! ;) ).

In my office I do have a framed print of Reggie's shot against the Knicks and a couple of old schedule posters (Al, Jermaine and Jonathan look like little kids on the 01-02 poster(and how exactly did Bruno Sundov even get on the poster?)).................

ABADays
04-26-2004, 06:28 PM
Well there are a few posters I would like to hang. Huh :confused: oh you meant the paper kind and not the posting kind!?!

TheSauceMaster
04-26-2004, 06:41 PM
That is what I tried to say, but now that I look at it it could be read either way. (And if I was one of your parents, you'd be doing homework instead of posting on message boards!!!!! ;) ).

In my office I do have a framed print of Reggie's shot against the Knicks and a couple of old schedule posters (Al, Jermaine and Jonathan look like little kids on the 01-02 poster(and how exactly did Bruno Sundov even get on the poster?)).................

Now rat you don't actually think kids do there homework more than they spend time on the internet , or there parents actually monitor what they do on the internet :rolleyes:

SycamoreKen
04-26-2004, 06:45 PM
I have a poster of Reggie at school in my classroom doing, of all things, dunking. It was a birthday present.

TheSauceMaster
04-26-2004, 07:16 PM
vapacersfan , I wasn't trying to cheapshot ya ..I have no problems with ya you are not a trouble maker and you post some good post and comments , honestly I thought you were a adult :blush: til you said you were still in school :laugh:

I was just commenting in genral about what I see , there are alot of parents that don't care or take the time to see what there children are doing on the internet , some parents use the internet as a general babysitter with little or minimal supervision.

BillS
04-26-2004, 07:28 PM
I was just commenting in genral about what I see , there are alot of parents that don't care or take the time to see what there children are doing on the internet , some parents use the internet as a general babysitter with little or minimal supervision.

Yeah, 'cause they sure aren't using it as a spelling or grammar teacher :o :jawdrop: :smartass:

MagicRat
04-26-2004, 10:05 PM
rat and Sauce

I am a senior, and I have 5 weeks of school left. I do browse the internet a lot, but I have gotten into college, and I get my homework done for today :dance:

I dont want to start ranting, but my my does monitor what I do when she needs to (dad is in Iraq) but when me grades are good and I am into college, I get more leeway.

That and I finished all my hw at school, so I have free time at him ;)

Well, when you get to college you can post as much as the other college punks on here. Until then obey your parents, young child......;) Your head must be screwed on at least halfway straight if you're a Pacers' fan, though........ :dance:

Where are you heading for school?

All the best to your dad, btw........

Finally, back on topic, I do have a life-size Jermaine (it was a giveaway a couple of years ago) and a small poster of Reggie dunking (probably the same one as Ken, with some sort of space theme) in the basement playroom.

I used to have another giveaway poster of both Davises that I liked a lot hanging in my garage, but it somehow didn't make the move from our old house......

bulletproof
04-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Men having posters of other men hanging in their bedroom is gay. And depending on the pic, in their avatars as well. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

MSA2CF
04-26-2004, 10:22 PM
Men having posters of other men hanging in their bedroom is gay.

I'm not sure if you were making a joke or not. If you weren't kidding, what makes you the judge of what's gay and what's not?

indytoad
04-26-2004, 10:29 PM
I've got an autographed landscape JO poster above my bed. All framed nicely and everything.

I'd love to get a big poster of that Reggie pic, you know the one. Rising up for the three in front of the horrified MSG crowd. Unfortunately I think they only made those tiny ones, which I've since lost. :mad:

IndyToad
A healing vision

indytoad
04-26-2004, 10:37 PM
I think I tore mine by accident, but you can take pictures to the photo development places, and they can blow it up into a poster

Yeah, but you'd probably lose a lot of image quality, which may be the very reason why it's never been made into a full-size poster.

IndyToad
Game over

MagicRat
04-26-2004, 10:49 PM
I've got an autographed landscape JO poster above my bed. All framed nicely and everything.

I'd love to get a big poster of that Reggie pic, you know the one. Rising up for the three in front of the horrified MSG crowd. Unfortunately I think they only made those tiny ones, which I've since lost. :mad:

IndyToad
A healing vision

That pic was so popular that the Star sold prints of it. I was working downtown at the time, so I walked over and got one. I think it's 16x20.....

As for bulletproof, I would've guessed one of these was hanging on his bedroom wall.......... :P
http://www.gonemovies.com/WWW/WanadooFilms/Western/OnceWest.GIF
http://www.planet.nl/upload_mm/a/a/3/1961646053_1999995774_OnceUponATime_337x253.jpg

bulletproof
04-26-2004, 10:51 PM
Men having posters of other men hanging in their bedroom is gay.

I'm not sure if you were making a joke or not. If you weren't kidding, what makes you the judge of what's gay and what's not?

I wasn't making a joke. It was observational humor.

MSA2CF
04-26-2004, 10:54 PM

Bulletproof, I am a very slow and unintelligent person, so please explain to me what observational humor is.

bulletproof
04-26-2004, 10:56 PM

IndyToad
A healing vision

That pic was so popular that the Star sold prints of it. I was working downtown at the time, so I walked over and got one. I think it's 16x20.....

As for bulletproof, I would've guessed one of these was hanging on his bedroom wall.......... :P
http://www.gonemovies.com/WWW/WanadooFilms/Western/OnceWest.GIF
http://www.planet.nl/upload_mm/a/a/3/1961646053_1999995774_OnceUponATime_337x253.jpg

Nope, Magic, I think I stopped putting posters up in my room when I was about 16. Last one I remember was of Aerosmith. But I do like those stills you found. Henry Fonda (Frank) missing the holster when he goes to put his gun back in is incredible. Best duel scene ever. That close up is right before Frank spits some tobacco and shoots the young boy.

bulletproof
04-26-2004, 10:58 PM

Bulletproof, I am a very slow and unintelligent person, so please explain to me what observational humor is.

Seinfeld used to do observational humor. Commentary on things such as this...young men putting posters up in their room of other young men.

MagicRat
04-26-2004, 10:59 PM
Nope, Magic, I think I stopped putting posters up in my room when I was about 16. Last one I remember was of Aerosmith. But I do like those stills you found. Henry Fonda (Frank) missing the holster when he goes to put his gun back in is incredible. Best duel scene ever. That close up is right before Frank spits some tobacco and shoots the young boy.

I did pick up the SE Once Upon a Time.... dvd over the weekend, but haven't gotten a chance to sit down and watch it yet, though. I look forward to it........

bulletproof
04-26-2004, 11:01 PM

I did pick up the SE Once Upon a Time.... dvd over the weekend, but haven't gotten a chance to sit down and watch it yet, though. I look forward to it........

Have you ever seen it? If not, you are in for a treat. I bought like 10 copies of it when it came out to give to my friends as gifts.

MSA2CF
04-26-2004, 11:03 PM
Seinfeld used to do observational humor. Commentary on things such as this...young men putting posters up in their room of other young men.

Thanks for explaining that to me, bulletproof.

MagicRat
04-26-2004, 11:06 PM

Have you ever seen it? If not, you are in for a treat. I bought like 10 copies of it when it came out to give to my friends as gifts.

I saw it once, many many years ago.....I do remember that I thought the pan and scan job on it was very poor. That's one of the reasons I look forward to seeing it in widescreen 480p......

bulletproof
04-26-2004, 11:09 PM

Thanks for explaining that to me, bulletproof.

I don't know if that adequately explained it or not. I just find what we were talking about mildly humorous, that's all. I'm sure I'm not the first person to make that observation.

bulletproof
04-26-2004, 11:12 PM

I saw it once, many many years ago.....I do remember that I thought the pan and scan job on it was very poor. That's one of the reasons I look forward to seeing it in widescreen 480p......

Yeah, I first saw it when I was a kid and remember being mesmerized by it. Then I saw it many years later and thought to myself, "Hey, that's that movie..." It was even better than I remembered because I understood all the mythology and subtext.

ChicagoJ
04-27-2004, 12:31 PM
With bp around, I refuse to admit that not only to I have a few posters in the basement stairs, and framed pictures of RM's shot against the Knicks and the Fieldhouse during the 2000 NBA Finals - but I want to get a few more 16x20 pictures of my favorite all-time Pacers' players and make my own "Wall of Fame" in the basement. :blush:

bulletproof
04-27-2004, 01:41 PM
With bp around, I refuse to admit that not only to I have a few posters in the basement stairs, and framed pictures of RM's shot against the Knicks and the Fieldhouse during the 2000 NBA Finals - but I want to get a few more 16x20 pictures of my favorite all-time Pacers' players and make my own "Wall of Fame" in the basement. :blush:

That's your basement, not your bedroom. I'd understand your office as well. But your bedroom? No, that's gay (not that there's anything wrong with that...).

MagicRat
04-27-2004, 01:46 PM

That's your basement, not your bedroom. I'd understand your office as well. But your bedroom? No, that's gay (not that there's anything wrong with that...).

So where exactly was that Aerosmith poster hanging?

Enquiring minds want to know........... :P

kybjones
04-27-2004, 01:58 PM
Anyone still have their 7'0" Stipo growth chart poster?

BoomBaby31
02-20-2006, 11:36 PM
Men having posters of other men hanging in their bedroom is gay. And depending on the pic, in their avatars as well. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Isn't that why we hang posters in our room to make us gay (happy)?

8.9_seconds
02-20-2006, 11:38 PM
Just got a bunch of the old ones from sportsposterwarehouse.com

Got a Derrick MCKey one, got a bunch with my boy T. Best and Jalen, along with Reggie and Mully

Geeze, this thread is a oldie

Hey VA, how much is shipping on these? There is a great collection here. Haha,when I saw the Miller/Mullin one I had to laugh out loud, that was great.

MagicRat
02-20-2006, 11:58 PM
Still no posters in my bedroom. The life-size JO is still in the basement, although it's not really life-size anymore. He's fairly skinny in the poster.

I have the giveaway poster from Reggie's final game that I intend to hang somewhere, but it still needs to be framed.

Nice to see bulletproof get quoted. Whatever happened to that guy?.......:confused:

317Kim
02-21-2006, 05:46 AM
I have quite a few old posters with Reggie, AD, DD, Jalen Rose, Travel Best and then I have some new ones, one with Fred, Jack, JO, and Reggie and some new JO ones :nod:

Raskolnikov
02-21-2006, 07:49 AM
Now that you mention it, Reggie Miller is hanging on the door of my room.

Stryder
02-21-2006, 09:15 AM

Where'd you get a framed copy of the Miller shot vs. the Knicks? I've been wanting a good copy to go up in my work out room at home.

MagicRat
02-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Where'd you get a framed copy of the Miller shot vs. the Knicks? I've been wanting a good copy to go up in my work out room at home.

I actually got it at the Indianapolis Star office downtown. That pic was so popular that they sold prints of it. I was working downtown at the time, so I walked over and got one.

I have no idea where you could find one now, unfortunately.

Granville
02-21-2006, 12:08 PM
I have a sports basement with a life-sized growth chart of Rik Smits and miscellaneous other things.

My 8-year-old son has two of my old posters hanging in his room now. They are of Wayman Tisdale and Ricky Sobers.

MagicRat
02-21-2006, 01:15 PM
where the guy is standing up in the background with that "oh ****" look on his face)

The great thing about that picture is that it's not one guy, it's everybody. I still like looking at it because you can always seem to find a great expression you hadn't really noticed before. You can find all of these faces and then some............:dead::(:-o:eek::arrgh::dead::mygod::pray::shakehead:uhoh::a nnoyed::shout::sad::scream::wtf::shudder::irked:
:grumble::wah::growl::unhappy::boggled::grumpy::il l::melodrama:sadyes: