PDA

View Full Version : Official fan jam reports thread:

thunderbird1245
10-08-2006, 07:49 PM
I ended up having to change my plans at the last minute and didn't get to go to Indy today....I had this great day planned of tailgating before the Colts game, watching the majority of the game from Champs while having a huge steak, and then walking over to Conseco for the festivities, unfortunately it all fell apart.

Anyway, for those of you fortunate enough to have been able to go, tell those of us that couldnt your impressions of the crowd, the atmosphere and general mood of those there, and your impressions of individual players and the overall structure of the team's style of play.

Unclebuck
10-08-2006, 07:54 PM
It has already started on this thread.

I must say it is great to read about basketball again

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24882

Jermaniac
10-08-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm suprised you didnt go UB

Unclebuck
10-08-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm suprised you didnt go UB

I went to the Colts game, but I could have gone after, however I've never been to the fan-jam before

microwave_oven
10-08-2006, 08:05 PM
2 catches---16 yards AND a TD

SoupIsGood
10-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Powell is a beast

aero
10-08-2006, 08:15 PM
i was there right behind the Pacers bench. I made it on Channel 13 also you can see me in the background when Alex Sans(sp?) is talking live. If you go to wthr.com and click to view the "Pacers Fan Jam" video you can see me in the background to the left a little bit. Im wearing a white Pacers jersey with a gold under shirt.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/7561/dscf2022dv3.jpg

^ thats what im wearing (for refrence)

if someone could save that video file for me that would rule. id like to show some family members that dont beleive i was on tv :p

Jermaniac
10-08-2006, 08:16 PM
Powell is a beast
I TOLD YALL

317Kim
10-08-2006, 08:18 PM
i was there right behind the Pacers bench. I made it on Channel 13 also you can see me in the background when Alex Sans(sp?) is talking live. If you go to wthr.com and click to view the "Pacers Fan Jam" video you can see me in the background to the left a little bit. Im wearing a white Pacers jersey with a gold under shirt.

if someone could save that video file for me that would rule. id like to show some family members that dont beleive i was on tv :p

That's pretty freakin awesome!

I'm glad there's a lot of positive talk about Josh. Excited.

Jermaniac
10-08-2006, 08:20 PM

Is there anyone who could up the WTHR post on yousendit.com or something, my dumbass WMP wont let me play the video.

SoupIsGood
10-08-2006, 08:22 PM
I TOLD YALL

Dude is built, could beat the **** out of a guy by winking at him

SoupIsGood
10-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Also, Jermaine was abolutely raving on about Powell, you can really tell that he is one of JO's favorite.

Los Angeles
10-08-2006, 08:23 PM
aero, I see a MagicRat makeover in your future.

Jermaniac
10-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Dude is built, could beat the **** out of a guy by winking at himI know man, I seen a few of his games with the Mavs and he really looked good to me, his numbers were not that good but he had one of those Danny games that dont show up in the box score.

Unclebuck
10-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Video was OK, but I wanted to see what Daniels did after he pushed it up

Hicks
10-08-2006, 08:25 PM
aero, I think I saw you. You were front row (or so) and right behind the blue team, right?

Roaming Gnome and I sat together on the front row facing the blue bench, and he can attest to this: This offense is different. It's much faster, and it's a blast to watch. It has me very excited for the season to get started. Just much, much more fun to watch that what we've seen the last few years. There's nothing fancy about it, the ball just gets pushed up faster (either the guard runs it up or there's an outlet pass), and they quickly start running two-man games of pick and roll or give and go, with an occasional post up or a wingman running around some picks for a corner look.

The key though, is there's no hesitating. Sure, a few times they got caught waiting, but I'd say 95% of the entire scrimmage, all decisions and passes/moves were made quickly with little to no hesitation. Just snap, snap, snap, snap and suddenly the balls going up. I was impressed. Very impressed.

If the Pacers can run what I saw today against their opponents, we will be a fun team to watch. It's not a reckless offense, it's just that the pace has quickened and decisions are made much faster, but still resulting in mostly good looks. Even JO made decisions more quickly than normal when he'd get a post-up (David Harrison too, for that matter). He'd either hit a cutter or take it right to his man with one of his moves (face up and either drive or shoot).

Speaking of David, when Conrad Brunner said he was chiseled, he wasn't kidding. The man has really slimmed down. I don't know if I can even call him "Hulk" anymore. He's still a big, 7' 260lbs man, but he's no longer bloated at all. I was very impressed with what he's done with his body.

By the way, Harrington can definitely hit 3's now.

Marquis Daniels is very good at working his way through traffic in the half-court and getting within 5 feet of the bucket. Today he was really struggling to finish, but he can get where ever he wants to go most of the time.

James White is amazing with his athleticism. Roaming Gnome and I were going nuts (along with most of the crowd) as we watched him show us what he could do during the warmups. He barely ran into a between the legs dunk that had us all going "oh my god". We've never had a Pacer (at least in the NBA) who can dunk like this guy. I can see why he's confident he'll win the contest in Feb. He doesn't even look like he's jumping; he looks like he's being lifted by an invisible force.

Speaking of flight, Maceo Baston can really throw it down athletically himself. He also showed signs of being the shotblocker he's known for. He seems to definitely have a role on this team.

Darrell Armstrong is still pretty quick in his old age. He's also hilarious off the court.

aero
10-08-2006, 08:28 PM
aero, I think I saw you. You were front row (or so) and right behind the blue team, right?

indeed i was :D you should have came up and said Hi i dont bite ;)

...what did you think of sexual chocolate lol, on a side note Darrell Armstrong does a good Rey Lewis impression hehe

SoupIsGood
10-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Daniels was impressive, it's going to be fun watching him play.

Daniels went at Granger a few times - I remember once he got by Danny and set up a nice pass to a teammate, and another Danny pretty well locked him up and made Quis pass.

ABADays
10-08-2006, 08:34 PM

Roaming Gnome and I sat together on the front row facing the blue bench, and he can attest to this: This offense is different. It's much faster, and it's a blast to watch. It has me very excited for the season to get started. Just much, much more fun to watch that what we've seen the last few years. There's nothing fancy about it, the ball just gets pushed up faster (either the guard runs it up or there's an outlet pass), and they quickly start running two-man games of pick and roll or give and go, with an occasional post up or a wingman running around some picks for a corner look.

The key though, is there's no hesitating. Sure, a few times they got caught waiting, but I'd say 95% of the entire scrimmage, all decisions and passes/moves were made quickly with little to no hesitation. Just snap, snap, snap, snap and suddenly the balls going up. I was impressed. Very impressed.

If the Pacers can run what I saw today against their opponents, we will be a fun team to watch. It's not a reckless offense, it's just that the pace has quickened and decisions are made much faster, but still resulting in mostly good looks. Even JO made decisions more quickly than normal when he'd get a post-up (David Harrison too, for that matter). He'd either hit a cutter or take it right to his man with one of his moves (face up and either drive or shoot).

Speaking of David, when Conrad Brunner said he was chiseled, he wasn't kidding. The man has really slimmed down. I don't know if I can even call him "Hulk" anymore. He's still a big, 7' 260lbs man, but he's no longer bloated at all. I was very impressed with what he's done with his body.

By the way, Harrington can definitely hit 3's now.

Marquis Daniels is very good at working his way through traffic in the half-court and getting within 5 feet of the bucket. Today he was really struggling to finish, but he can get where ever he wants to go most of the time.

James White is amazing with his athleticism. Roaming Gnome and I were going nuts (along with most of the crowd) as we watched him show us what he could do during the warmups. He barely ran into a between the legs dunk that had us all going "oh my god". We've never had a Pacer (at least in the NBA) who can dunk like this guy. I can see why he's confident he'll win the contest in Feb. He doesn't even look like he's jumping; he looks like he's being lifted by an invisible force.

Speaking of flight, Maceo Baston can really throw it down athletically himself. He also showed signs of being the shotblocker he's known for. He seems to definitely have a role on this team.

Darrell Armstrong is still pretty quick in his old age. He's also hilarious off the court.

This post got me excited again.

Jermaniac
10-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Yeah move it, since yall dont want to unban me from the Colts forum.

Unclebuck
10-08-2006, 08:40 PM
This post got me excited again.

It has me excited too

Trader Joe
10-08-2006, 08:42 PM
WOOHOO I CAN't WAIT FOR NOVEMBER 3rd.

SoupIsGood
10-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Oh, and Al's mowawk thing is pretty sweet. JO also said that the 'Baby' has officially been removed from 'Baby Al.' JO had this really nice part where he introduced Al and was like "He's my brother, my man, my best friend..."

You can tell that some of these guys are actually genuinely likable, for once. Armstrong and Al will really boost morale, I think. Armstrong is just as likable as can be, a riot.

aero
10-08-2006, 08:44 PM
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/4628/dscf2059rf2.jpg

those are the freebies i got, i would have got "Slick" Leonard's autograph but i had two little ones with me (my nieces) and they wanted food and to go sit down before it all started so i couldnt get his autograph :( (we had someone holding our seats while we walked around)

Frank Slade
10-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Great recaps guys, very encouraging. I am anxious to get this season started.
Look forward to taking in a preseason game or two next week.

aero
10-08-2006, 08:49 PM
this season is defenently going to be entertaining and action packed. Baston looks awesome same for "Flight" aKa "sexual chocolate". AL was playing good too and yes he was laying down some 3's like they werent anything. The rookies/new comers overall from what i seen were playing good (i still need to see more from them).I wasnt impressed with the tin man at all (not a fan of his so im bias) when he came out i didnt clap or anything but i did for all the others. I really liked Armstrong he is really entertaining and seems like an overall class act. This season is going to be great.

I had alot of fun, i cant talk at all from all the yelling :D

Aw Heck
10-08-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm hungry for more fan jam reports and I'm sure others are too. So, here's one from JB'sBrkoutYear on RATS:

Just got back, and here are my impressions of the scrimmage and the little show afterwards...

First, the scrimmage, which was two 10 minute halves (way too short, but it was just for show):
Al Harrington: got the biggest cheers when introduced; knocked down his first two 3's, I think; I was reminded-this guy likes to shoot ; was smiling the entire postgame and cutting up; helped JO with Emcee duties...
JO: Looked like you would think-really good; didn't try to do too much in the scrimmage; spoke to the crowd after the scrimmage and did a nice job; nice leadership, articulate as always...
Maceo Baston: I thought he was going to be more wiry than he is-he's a pretty solid guy; looked pretty good; looks like he'll be a willing and strong back-up who can block shots and finish...
Snap Hunter: Dude can shoot and score; also showed a good handle; if he sticks, he could be a spark off the bench; didn't get any flak from the Club Rio deal that I could hear...
Sarunas: Nothing spectacular; didn't try to do too much in the scrimmage; not sure he's got anyone on the team he is close to; didn't look any better bringing the ball up against pressure...
John Edwards: Didn't play (I guess his back his sore)...
James White: Very skinny; played some good D; threw down a nice jam; sang "The Greatest Love of All" after the scrimmage; looked like he was having fun...
Darrell Armstrong: Also looked like he was having a good time; didn't try to do too much in the scrimmage; helped JO and Al with the postgame; not a real shy guy, looks like he'll be a really good locker room pick-up, as advertised...
Shawne Williams: Seemed like the least ready guy to help us out right now; seemed like a good teammate, though; gonna take some time...
Jamaal Tinsley: Looked real good; clearly the class of the point guards; smiled a lot and looked like he was having a lot of fun; got only a smattering of boos when introduced-mostly cheers...
Danny Granger: Didn't try to do too much; played it cool; seems like a 5 year veteran already; had a nice dunk finish on a dish from Tinsley; looks more than willing to defer to JO and Al on the offensive end...
Jeff Foster: Looked a little of place as one of the "old players"; played with the second team in the scrimmage; took one 17 footer-no, he still can't shoot ...
Josh Powell: Thick dude; looks like a keeper; nice looking jumper (in warm-ups, anyway); moves well; clearly one of JO's favorites (from JO's intro of him)...
Rawle Marshall: Handles the ball pretty well and is a decent player; not a real outgoing guy; looked comfortable on the court...
David Harrison: First thing you notice is how much slimmer he looks; probably impressed me as much as anyone along with Hunter; looked focused and confident; nice little lefty jump hook and an aggressive dunk plus the foul...
Sean Lampley: Clowned with Tinsley during warm-ups; pretty big guy; nothing too spectacular during scrimmage, though nobody really impressed but Al, Harrison, and Hunter to me...
Orien Greene: Didn't do a whole lot during or after game; not a real out-going personality...
Marquis Daniels: I was kind of disappointed; didn't show much; didn't seem that thrilled to be out there; no boos during intros...
Stephen Jackson wasn't there...
Pacemates: Babe-a-licious as usual...

I think that's everybody. I think it's going to be a fun team to watch. I'd kind of like to see Hunter stick, I think Powell will.

Sounds like everyone was happy with what they saw. I can't wait to see the team play on Wednesday. I also can't wait for MagicRat's coverage of this event. It was awesome last year.

Hicks
10-08-2006, 09:02 PM
I just caught what wthr has online already; and it's a joke. Nothing but an excuse to re-hash Friday's BS.

Jermaniac
10-08-2006, 09:07 PM
"Sarunas: Nothing spectacular; didn't try to do too much in the scrimmage; not sure he's got anyone on the team he is close to; didn't look any better bringing the ball up against pressure..."

SMH

SoupIsGood
10-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I don't like to say it but I'm not sure that Saras is better than DA. :shrug: The job for back-up PG could be up for grabs... Saras' handles haven't improved, I don't think. And that's not good.

Jermaniac
10-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I don't like to say it but I'm not sure that Saras is better than DA. :shrug: The job for back-up PG could be up for grabs... Saras' handles haven't improved, I don't think. And that's not good.
DA can also play good defense, he is also old and you know how much Rick loves old PG's.

SoupIsGood

Oh, and I decided at the game that back-up PG will probably eventually be split by DA and Quisy. Saras is good as a shooter and someone to feed David, but everything else...? I dunno. I hope I'm wrong about him.

MagicRat
They fixed the court. Instead of the painted cream color out of bounds areas, it's now a lighter grain wood. Looks much better.......

SoupIsGood
10-08-2006, 09:14 PM
he is also old and you know how much Rick loves old PG's.

Good point. DA will get all the minutes he can handle.

But really, DA for 5-10 minutes a game is not a bad thing, I think he'll bring a lot of energy.

Trader Joe
10-08-2006, 09:14 PM
MR, give us some pics and vids PLEEEEEEEEEASE!

SoupIsGood
10-08-2006, 09:15 PM
They fixed the court. Instead of the painted cream color out of bounds areas, it's now a lighter grain wood. Looks much better.......

Yeah I noticed that too, but couldn't remember if it had really been pure cream last year, or if my mind was playing tricks on me. It does look very nice.

Kegboy
10-08-2006, 09:19 PM

****, there goes reason #1653.

Anybody pay attention to who the coaches were? I assume it was Davis and Burke.

Kegboy
10-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Jamaal Tinsley: smiled a lot and looked like he was having a lot of fun;

Inconceivable!

aero
10-08-2006, 09:22 PM
MR, give us some pics and vids PLEEEEEEEEEASE!

im not MR but here is what the court looks like:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3544/dscf2049hu6.th.jpg (http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf2049hu6.jpg)
[click the thumbnail for larger image]

here is another, im going through my pics to see which are best.
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9756/dscf2038zl0.th.jpg (http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf2038zl0.jpg)

Kegboy
10-08-2006, 09:23 PM
It's better, but I still don't like it.

SoupIsGood
10-08-2006, 09:25 PM
im not MR but here is what the court looks like:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3544/dscf2049hu6.th.jpg (http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf2049hu6.jpg)

lol, I am the tiniest most insignificant blue blob in that pic

Ha - I'm a tiny little smear in your other pic too! lol :eyebrow:

sportsmusicxboxpacer
10-08-2006, 09:32 PM
nice info yall

wooolus
10-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Tell me where I can buy Pacers game on the internet right now, Insight doesn't carry FSN in West Lafayette.

Hicks
10-08-2006, 10:09 PM

Yeah, Gnome and I noticed that too. It looks much better.

Unclebuck
10-08-2006, 10:10 PM

Oh, I liked last years court in person, on TV it didn't look so good.

grace
10-08-2006, 10:19 PM
It's slightly better, but I still don't like it.

Fixed.

heywoode
10-08-2006, 10:27 PM
I can't believe Hicks didn't mention that he and Gnome rattled me out of hitting a free throw and winning two tickets to Saturday's game.....At least I got to hang on the court for a few minutes and actually feel the new basketball....I didn't get to hold it long enough to make a proper investigation of it, but it felt just fine to me...

I owe you guys for making me clank off the front of the rim...:-p

...not that it could be MY fault or anything...

IndyHoosier
10-08-2006, 10:27 PM
A little bit of the hazing :)
(No sound)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsltM3gEH0E

Jermaniac
10-08-2006, 10:33 PM
LMAO At the 2:14 mark when Oreo Cookies(?) starts dancing and Tins falls down laughing

Thanks for the vid Indy. I hope we get to see some more.

Kegboy
10-08-2006, 10:36 PM
I can't believe Hicks didn't mention that he and Gnome rattled me out of hitting a free throw and winning two tickets to Saturday's game.....At least I got to hang on the court for a few minutes and actually feel the new basketball....I didn't get to hold it long enough to make a proper investigation of it, but it felt just fine to me...

But you still hooked up with Tiffany, right? I mean, that's the only reason she showed up, cause she knew you'd be there.

IndyHoosier
10-08-2006, 10:45 PM
LMAO At the 2:14 mark when Oreo Cookies(?) starts dancing and Tins falls down laughing

Thanks for the vid Indy. I hope we get to see some more.

I've got some game footage, just trying to master the youtube upload thing. It keeps trying to verify my email and won't let me upload, frustrating, I have no idea how I got the 1st one on there.

Naptown_Seth
10-08-2006, 10:48 PM
I agree. If I was the coach at this point I'd have DA as my #2 PG, seriously. I didn't want it to be that way, but sheesh.

Come on Cabbages, you gotta bring it.

BTW, my photos are in the other thread only because I started posting in that one before this one existed. Maybe Hicks will merge some of the posts from over there to here or something.

Also, besides my comments, I'd also say that I agree with JBBreakout at the Star, though I thought (like Hicks or Soup said) that Daniels showed quite a bit. He did look grumpy which surprised me, but he played well. He moved the ball, was one of the best guys when it came to pushing the offensive tempo and attacking with the ball. He just missed some shots. Otherwise very solid.

BTW, Jack not being there - they tried to run a couple of Give and Go's baseline off of JO like Jack does, but whoever it was (I forget) couldn't get it done. Jack still brings some game to the table that the team otherwise lacks.

No way they can just dump him. They need him to play or they need to get someone similar for him. Right now I'd much rather just see him get out there and make fans forget about the issues.

imawhat
10-08-2006, 10:51 PM
How was the defense?

Naptown_Seth
10-08-2006, 10:54 PM
The court is still cream on the sideline, just more transparent.

IndyHoosier
10-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Ok, got another one on there finally!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4J2UQ09e-I

Naptown_Seth
10-08-2006, 10:58 PM
How was the defense?
Danny, Jeff, JO very good, each had a block or two and came to the ball well.

White read several plays and left his man to help at the right time, probably the thing he did best today.

SarJas as a team defender actually looked very good. He also read plays and helped disrupt. On the ball he wasn't so hot, but that's not about to change and I can live with it.

Baston and Powell I think both played decent D too. Daniels held his own against Danny most of the time.

The game itself is just sloppy and it was last year too. You can't read everything about it, just the jist of who will make it and how the team will play. They do look more athletic and more uptempo than FanJam last year, but they also lacked the punch of a guy like Artest, moreso without Jack there either.

Right now it's all about JO, Al and Danny IMO. The other guys will come and go from game to game. That's Tins and Jack too based on their history.

The good news is that I think Al and Danny are ready to hack it. Danny is so much more mature in how he carries himself.

imawhat
10-08-2006, 11:10 PM
I'm encouraged to hear the reports about Al. I knew he'd gotten better, but it sounds like 18 and 9 wasn't because he was on the Hawks.

Granger's maturity could be huge. I was impressed with how he improved as the year went on instead hitting the wall as hard as most rookies (though he did hit it a little, especially defensively imo).

I hope the defense can do something a little better this year. I know ESPN's rating system put them at 4th in the league, but I felt like they had a harder time getting a stop when it was needed last year than they have in a long, long time. I was thinking Al is a really good help defender, which will help, and that our defense against dribble penetration may not change a lot.

heywoode
10-08-2006, 11:13 PM
But you still hooked up with Tiffany, right? I mean, that's the only reason she showed up, cause she knew you'd be there.

I had a pretty good idea that she and Kim would be there, but I didn't know where....Like you said, after my free throw debacle she didn't want anything to do with me...

bulldog
10-08-2006, 11:27 PM
"Sarunas: Nothing spectacular; didn't try to do too much in the scrimmage; not sure he's got anyone on the team he is close to; didn't look any better bringing the ball up against pressure..."

SMH

You bring up Saras more than Jermaine.

But seriously, does DA have the legs to run a whole season? Honestly, off the bench I'd prefer a reliable PG who just plays D and doesn't committ turnovers, I don't think Saras will ever be able to be that kind of player. But I also wonder if Armstrong can keep up his intensity over 82 games.

Jermaniac
10-08-2006, 11:32 PM
I dont have to bring Jermaine up, everyone knows JO comes through and will be our best player like always. I dont have to worry about God.

What I do worry about is our back up PG who cant bring the ball up the court.

Unclebuck
10-08-2006, 11:41 PM
What is this about the Pacers pressing full court, I've been hearing things about it. Was there any full court pressing tonight

Leisure Suit Larry
10-09-2006, 12:15 AM
What is this about the Pacers pressing full court, I've been hearing things about it. Was there any full court pressing tonight

Yeah, they did.

I thought the Fan Jam was alright, I had a little more fun last year. Nothing exciting.

When they introduced everyone, Tinsley got a few boos which I am just disgusted at. Show the guy some support. He does play for your favorite/home team. I just can't stand when people boo their own players, it makes us look like bad fans.

I think everybody played great. I'm not 100% sure John Edwards even played though. I felt kind of bad for the guy. Hopefully he gets on another team.

As for whos staying I'd say its safe to say Powell is and I would say probably Greene. Maybe Snap. Those three played well. Rawle Marshall was alright. I think he'll play in the NBA next year, just not for the Pacers.

I'm really glad we got Maceo too. He was really good. As expected White played better than Williams but its nice to know we have Williams for the future.

Everyone likes Darrell Armstrong and it's hard not to. He was the one making the post game show good. I really like the AJ trade now (never really liked AJ in the first place).

All the vets played well and I liked what I saw from Harrison.

The best part was when they introduced Al and everyone went crazy and he was really in to it. You could tell he was happy to be back. Then he went in an pretty much out played everyone. He had atleast three 3's in the first half (kind of stopped paying attention after a while).

The Fan Jam was alright but if you couldn't make it don't get bent out of shape, it wasn't anything special this year. I just wish Jackson was there, I think he would have had a better reception than people think.

This may have been my longest post ever.

Alpolloloco
10-09-2006, 04:15 AM
I liked the fact of Sarunas blocking JO, that should have been a disgusting scene for Jermaniac to see.

And Sarunas WILL be our primary backup PG, and a starter after Tinjury gets down again!

Hopefully Powell and Baston can give us some energy of the bench, we will need it after JO hurts himself again and has to sit for many games!!

aero
10-09-2006, 04:31 AM
I liked the fact of Sarunas blocking JO, that should have been a disgusting scene for Jermaniac to see.

And Sarunas WILL be our primary backup PG, and a starter after Tinjury gets down again!

Hopefully Powell and Baston can give us some energy of the bench, we will need it after JO hurts himself again and has to sit for many games!!

yeah that was great, when it happened i jumped up and was cheering the people around me were like "hey...whos that player...ahhh why's this guy standing up cheering" they looked like casual fans :blush: i think i scared this one lady after James White did his in game dunk i jumped up real quick and was like "yeahhhhhhhhh go Flight!!!!" :blush:

Hicks
10-09-2006, 06:58 AM

:laugh: Of course! How could I forget. :D

Israfan
10-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Jerimaniac. Sarunas just "owned" JO, as you like to say.
Any coments? :)

RWB
10-09-2006, 07:58 AM
Roaming Gnome and I sat together on the front row facing the blue bench, and he can attest to this:

Hey I thought the JO VIP passes they handed out were for the little ones? :devil:

Looks like everything has already been covered, but in case anyone missed it or I missed it in the threads. I found it interesting that JO introduced Danny Granger as "Our Starting Small Forward" so I would think that confirms JO is our Center.

James White is one skinny guy. Hope Reggie gives him tips on how to stay healthy in that type of frame. Also speaking of skinny I was surprised as others on how trim the Tin man looked.

HAve to give the Pacers credit for putting this on. Nice time and very well organized. Only complaint would be to advertise when the doors will actually open to enter.

Final thought........Really neat to see Mark Boyle there. Let him know how much the fans appreciate his participation on this board. Mark was very cordial and said it was a privilege to be included on PD.

Anthem
10-09-2006, 09:32 AM

Did you read the part where he couldn't get the ball up the floor against a 38-year-old man? He's not going to play against anybody older.

Phildog
10-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Jeff Foster could not hit a jumper if his life depended on it at the Fan Jam. Looked like a joke whenever he took a J.

But Harrison looked good and confident in his stroke...would be great to see the big man develop that 5-8 foot jumper.

Jermaniac
10-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Any coments? :)Sarunas got owned by a 36 year old journey man PG. OHH HAPPY DAY.

Dukins
10-09-2006, 11:55 AM
I really like Josh Powell, he will be better than Udonis Haslem. He has a nice shooting touch.

David Harrison has lost a ton of weight, so has Tinsley.

Harrington has a greatly improved his outside jumper. I think he was 4/5 from 3 point land.

We looked pretty good all in all.

OMG the scouting reports on Marquise Daniels is right on. He couldnt throw a soft ball through a hoola hoop. BRICK

Pacers warmups were only 20 bucks. Wow I grabbed a set. All Fred Jones jersies were going for 10-12 bucks.

Trader Joe
10-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Any coments? :)

LMAO. Sarunas blocked JO in a scrimmage. BIG FREAKIN DEAL. I am more worried about Sarunas getting owned in the backcourt by DA.

Dukins
10-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Backup PG will be a problem spot for the P's. I didnt see anyone who wanted that job yesterday.

grace
10-09-2006, 12:49 PM
LMAO. Sarunas blocked JO in a scrimmage. BIG FREAKIN DEAL. I am more worried about Sarunas getting owned in the backcourt by DA.

Well it's a scrimmage so quoting you "BIG FREAKIN DEAL."

Trader Joe
10-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Well it's a scrimmage so quoting you "BIG FREAKIN DEAL."

JO getting blocked by PGs=anomaly.
Sarunas being harassed by quicker PGs=the rule.

Alpolloloco
10-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Sarunas winning championships = the rule
JO winning championships = anomaly (whatever that word means)

JayRedd
10-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Sarunas winning championships = the rule
JO winning championships = anomaly (whatever that word means)

And I was the best pitcher on my Championship Little League team...Don't mean I belong in the Majors.

IndyHoosier
10-09-2006, 11:18 PM
More low quality, no sound video (sorry)

Rookies intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIMh5KujP-8

Playing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tljAxDndZXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDTTBd-fEag