PDA

View Full Version : Some trade options for Jackson?

Alpolloloco
10-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Some of you suggested to trade Sjax for a bag of chips, well let's see what we reasonibly can get for him?

1. trade with Washington Wizards

Jackson/Marshall/Edwards for Thomas/Hayes

The Wizards can still use a starting SG. They signed Stevenson this offseason and have Daniels as a combo guard but both guys aren't quality starters. Jackson can be a 3rd or 4th scoring option behind Arenas, Jamison and Butler.
The Pacers have a need for a 3rd string C since Pollard left and Thomas is the kind of bruising big guy we lack. Hayes is a good shooter who will backup Daniels as SG. He's still young and although he has had some serious injury problems he also has only 2 years on his contract (next year he becomes a restricted free agent).

2. trade with Seattle Supersonics

Jackson/Marshall/Edwards for Fortson/Wilkins

It's basically for the same kind of players with that difference that Fortson is expiring after this year. Jackson can be a good backup to both Allen and Lewis and can be an insurance player if Lewis opts out next year.

3. trade with Minnesota Timberwolves

Jackson/Edwards for Jaric/Wright

This trade will give us two combo guards with different styles. Jaric is an excellent defender and is great in transition while Wright is the better shooter. Jaric could battle Daniels for the starting SG spot and can be a good duo with fellow European Jasikevicius off the bench.
Jackson gives the Wolves a Sprewell type of guy, who can make the difference for them this season.

There are probably more trade options but let's discuss which trade idea you like best?

Isaac
10-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Good thing Larry and Donnie aren't idiots and would never do any of these trades.

ajbry
10-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Trading Jack for any offers resembling those above will only lead to one thing:

http://www.pistonsforum.com/img/resources/nba/NBA_2979.gif

BlueNGold
10-08-2006, 05:17 PM
1) Jackson/Marshall/Edwards for Thomas/Hayes

I'd do that one. Thomas is a big boy that could help in the middle. Hayes is not bad either.

2) Jackson/Marshall/Edwards for Fortson/Wilkins

Fortson is more poison. No way!

3) Jackson/Edwards for Jaric/Wright

Talent wise we get raped here....but it might be time to cut the losses.

I would do #1 depending on Thomas and Hayes' character.
[/quote]

PacerPerspective
10-08-2006, 05:24 PM
We'll get better than that, but not too much better...:blush:

Anthem
10-08-2006, 11:14 PM
How about...

Anthem
10-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Or...

Alpolloloco
10-09-2006, 03:48 AM
How about...

This one I like very much, although it hurts losing Foster.

Would Memphis go for this?

Robertmto
10-09-2006, 05:02 AM
Some of you suggested to trade Sjax for a bag of chips, well let's see what we reasonibly can get for him?

1. trade with Washington Wizards

The Wizards can still use a starting SG. They signed Stevenson this offseason and have Daniels as a combo guard but both guys aren't quality starters. Jackson can be a 3rd or 4th scoring option behind Arenas, Jamison and Butler.
The Pacers have a need for a 3rd string C since Pollard left and Thomas is the kind of bruising big guy we lack. Hayes is a good shooter who will backup Daniels as SG. He's still young and although he has had some serious injury problems he also has only 2 years on his contract (next year he becomes a restricted free agent).

We don't need a starting 2. We have DeShawn and Hayes fighting for that spot. And we already have 3 legit scorers we don't need Jax, he'd be a cancer for us.

How about this trade...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_bl>Minnesota Trade Breakdown</TD></TR><TR><TD class=body_bl_np width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Outgoing</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Davis_Ricky_bos.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Ricky Davis
6-7 SG from Iowa
19.4 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 5.0 apg in 41.2 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Incoming</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Marshall_Rawle_dal.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Rawle Marshall
6-7 SF from Oakland-MI
3.1 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 10.7 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Jackson_Stephen_ind.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Stephen Jackson
6-8 SG from Oak Hill Academy (HS)
16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_gr colSpan=2>Change in team outlook: +0.1 ppg, +0.8 rpg, and -1.8 apg.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_bl>Indiana Trade Breakdown</TD></TR><TR><TD class=body_bl_np width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Outgoing</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Marshall_Rawle_dal.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Rawle Marshall
6-7 SF from Oakland-MI
3.1 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 10.7 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Jackson_Stephen_ind.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Stephen Jackson
16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Incoming</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Davis_Ricky_bos.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Ricky Davis
6-7 SG from Iowa
19.4 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 5.0 apg in 41.2 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_gr colSpan=2>Change in team outlook: -0.1 ppg, -0.8 rpg, and +1.8 apg.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="80%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_s>Successful Scenario</TD></TR><TR><TD class=body_s>Due to Minnesota and Indiana being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Minnesota and Indiana had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Anthem
10-09-2006, 09:54 AM
We don't need a starting 2. We have DeShawn and Hayes fighting for that spot. And we already have 3 legit scorers we don't need Jax, he'd be a cancer for us.

How about this trade...
I don't like Ricky Davis, but he's at least a new face. I'd be fine with that trade.

Young
10-09-2006, 03:01 PM

I'm a fan of Hayes and I don't mind Thomas but the Wizarads won't do that trade because they need Thomas.

Jackson/Marshall/Edwards for Fortson/Wilkins
I'd do this one. Fortson would give us a big body to get rebounds plus he is on an expiering contract and I like Wilkins, he is better than most think he is. I kinda wonder though if the Sonics would do it. Maybe try and replace Wilkins with Robert Swift. The Sonics have 3 talented young bigs in Petro, Swift, and Sene so maybe they would be willing to unload Swift.

Jackson/Edwards for Jaric/Wright
I think that Jaric is a solid player. Can play the 1 or the 2. Has great size and can defend. Only he is overpaid and has a long term contract and has had injury problems. Wright is nothing really special. Might as well cut him and JE out of the deal. Not for sure if I would do it but Jaric is one of the better players can get for Jackson. Maybe we could get Trenton Hassell for Jackson? I still don't know that the Timberwolves do that.

Another opition would be the Cavs. A combination of Eric Snow, Damon Jones, Aleksandar Pavlovic, Ira Newble, or Luke Jackson would work.

The Nuggets are another possiable opition but IDK for sure. Julius Hodge or JR Smith along with Eduardo Najera might work.

The Lakers are another team that might have interest in Jackson but IDK for sure. They would probably offer a combination of Smush Parker (maybe), Sasha Vujacic, Aaron Mckie, Luke Walton, and Brian Cook.

Most probably are expecting Mike Miller or Ricky Davis in return for Jackson but it won't happen. Jackson is not worth it.

spreedom
10-09-2006, 11:36 PM
Jackson has very little trade value, if you ask me.. I think we'd have to take on a HUGE contract for a marginal player to get rid of him, at this point.

*looks towards Knicks*

Leisure Suit Larry
10-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Trading Jack for any offers resembling those above will only lead to one thing:

http://www.pistonsforum.com/img/resources/nba/NBA_2979.gif

For some reason people on here are fine with that. I mean who cares about winning now right? After all we have the great Danny Granger to lead us to many championships in the future.....I bet he's never been to a strip club....

Young
10-10-2006, 07:53 PM
For some reason people on here are fine with that. I mean who cares about winning now right? After all we have the great Danny Granger to lead us to many championships in the future.....I bet he's never been to a strip club....

Like Jackson is the piece to the Pacers winning a championship?

This Pacers team right now is likely a playoff team, but a championship team they are far from.

And even if we didn't get a quality player in return for Jackson, we still have Marquis Daniels who is a worthy starter. And I think that James White could back him up at the 2.

I know that a lot had a hard time swallowing the thought of the Pacers trading Ron and I could somewhat understand that. But Jackson? You are sheding tears over Stephen Jackson?

I would think that of all the fans out there that us fans should be on the ones to realize how badly incidents like the one that just happened impact a team. I guess not...

LG33
10-11-2006, 09:39 AM
"Rickkkky dAVis!"

Anthem
10-11-2006, 07:01 PM
"Rickkkky dAVis!"
Works for me.

Eindar
10-12-2006, 06:18 AM
Jackson has very little trade value, if you ask me.. I think we'd have to take on a HUGE contract for a marginal player to get rid of him, at this point.

*looks towards Knicks*

Let's play a game called, "how badly do we want to get rid of Stephen Jackson?"

I say, this badly!:

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Stephen Jackson
16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes

Jeff Foster
6-11 C from Southwest Texas State
5.9 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 25.1 minutes

Josh Powell
6-9 SF from North Carolina State
3.0 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.7 minutes
Incoming

Steve Francis
6-3 PG from Maryland
14.4 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 4.9 apg in 34.2 minutes
Change in team outlook: -10.9 ppg, -11.1 rpg, and +1.1 apg.

New York Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Steve Francis
6-3 PG from Maryland
14.4 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 4.9 apg in 34.2 minutes
Incoming

Stephen Jackson
16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes

Jeff Foster
6-11 C from Southwest Texas State
5.9 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 25.1 minutes

Josh Powell
6-9 SF from North Carolina State
3.0 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.7 minutes
Change in team outlook: +10.9 ppg, +11.1 rpg, and -1.1 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Indiana and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

SycamoreKen
10-12-2006, 08:21 AM
How about this:

Jax & Foster for Larry Hughes.

Cleveland needs frontline help and Brown was always a good babysitter, er, coach for Jax.

The trade does work numbers wise, but I doubt any other team will touch Jax right now.

aero
10-12-2006, 08:53 AM
nobody wants jackson. its like trying to sell enron stock to somebody...isnt gonna happen.

Robertmto
10-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Jax for a LITERAL bag of chips?

Munchos preferably...

Eindar
10-13-2006, 04:17 AM
Jax for a LITERAL bag of chips?

Munchos preferably...

You know, I'd really like to see how Munchos are made, someday.

denyfizle
10-13-2006, 05:58 AM
New York might bite if we package Tinsley with Jack. It's impossible though considering ALL the factors. (Isiah, Bird and all that stuff) Jack can be moved in time. If we were able to move Artest I don't see why it's such a daunting task to move Jack. GMs need talent and are willing to look the other way on players' past bad actions while they were in another team, and there's a lot of desperate teams out there starving for a reliable SG. Besides, Jack doesn't really have a bad rep til the brawl and this incident. It's unfortunate but you can't really put the guy in Artest's class in terms of being cancer in a team. Jack can be moved but of course not at the moment. Something is going to happen behind the scenes.

avoidingtheclowns
10-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Firstly... I think Dolan has told Zeke no more moves. So despite that being probably the team most likely to take either Jax or Tins, it won't happen.

Secondly... the Grizz and Wiz trades won't happen. The Wiz trade for what was mentioned above (already have a crowd at that position). Memphis is in desperate need of a front line (even before Pau was injured) and while Foster could be a nice compliment to Pau, he's not the answer. And they won't be trading Miller soon.

Last... I like the Sonics deal (not crazy about fortson but love d wilkins) some others i'd consider...

TO SPURS... S Jackson, S. Jasikevicius, R. Marshall
TO PACERS... B. Barry, R. Horry

San Antonio needs reliable young backup players. I think Sarunas could excel in the SA system, Jackson was solid there before, maybe he needs a fresh start in a familiar place and he certainly can provide the same role that Barry did off the bench. We get two older players but (as we've seen with DA) younger isn't always better. Both Horry and Barry would provide outside shooting that we desperately need and veteran leadership. From there the Pacers would cut Snap, Lampley, and Edwards.

The biggest problem with this deal is that SA actually has more players than we do. Plus I'm not sure why they'd want Sarunas. But thats a deal I might try to piece together.

Anthem
10-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Horry wouldn't be ok with coming to Indiana.

They could throw in Finley if they wanted.

tdubb03
10-16-2006, 03:11 AM

Finley on the Pacers! A dream come true! Just 4 seasons or so too late.

avoidingtheclowns
10-16-2006, 07:59 PM

i think finley proved to be extremely valuable against the mavs in the playoffs last season. big shot bob not as much. why do you say he wouldn't be okay coming to indiana? im not necessarily doubting you i just can't think of a specific reason. i'd much rather have finley but i don't see the spurs biting at that.

Anthem
10-16-2006, 10:59 PM
i think finley proved to be extremely valuable against the mavs in the playoffs last season. big shot bob not as much. why do you say he wouldn't be okay coming to indiana? im not necessarily doubting you i just can't think of a specific reason. i'd much rather have finley but i don't see the spurs biting at that.
He's in Texas to be close to family... if he didn't go there he would have retired.

He's not coming to Indy.

avoidingtheclowns
10-16-2006, 11:56 PM
He's in Texas to be close to family... if he didn't go there he would have retired.

He's not coming to Indy.

ok, i thought there may have been some other more specific reason (like why lambeer will never be asked to coach the pacers)

Anthem
10-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Jackson, Foster, and Marshall works for Michael Pietrus and A. Foyle.

GS would love to drop Foyle's contract, and Pietrus is getting pushed out of the rotation because of DuJuan Wagner. Foster gives them a solid option up front, Jack would be much more popular in Oakland than in Indy, and they get a solid prospect out of it.

Thoughts?

sweabs
10-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Jackson, Foster, and Marshall works for Michael Pietrus and A. Foyle.

GS would love to drop Foyle's contract, and Pietrus is getting pushed out of the rotation because of DuJuan Wagner. Foster gives them a solid option up front, Jack would be much more popular in Oakland than in Indy, and they get a solid prospect out of it.

Thoughts?
I'm pretty sure I read an article not too long ago that said Nelson is going to start Pietrus this year.

PG: Baron Davis
SG: Jason Richardson
SF: Mikael Pietrus
PF: Mike Dunleavy
C: Troy Murphy

I think?

EDIT: My bad - it says nowhere about him starting. But Don Nelson really likes him:

"Not as far as I'm concerned," Nelson said. "I'm going to play the best guy the most."

So far, that guy has been Pietrus, who's successfully reined in his need to fire up 3-pointers or picking up charging fouls by recklessly driving the paint against two or three defenders. He's adjusting to life as a role player, serving as the closest thing the Warriors have to a shut-down defender and making smarter forays to the basket.

"He's accepted his role better than I thought," Nelson said. "I'm looking to play him a lot, I think. I need a (natural small forward), and he's a perfect (small forward) for me. We're excited about his progress."

Anthem
10-17-2006, 02:26 PM
I'm pretty sure I read an article not too long ago that said Nelson is going to start Pietrus this year.

PG: Baron Davis
SG: Jason Richardson
SF: Mikael Pietrus
PF: Mike Dunleavy
C: Troy Murphy

I think?

EDIT: My bad - it says nowhere about him starting. But Don Nelson really likes him:

"Not as far as I'm concerned," Nelson said. "I'm going to play the best guy the most."

So far, that guy has been Pietrus, who's successfully reined in his need to fire up 3-pointers or picking up charging fouls by recklessly driving the paint against two or three defenders. He's adjusting to life as a role player, serving as the closest thing the Warriors have to a shut-down defender and making smarter forays to the basket.

"He's accepted his role better than I thought," Nelson said. "I'm looking to play him a lot, I think. I need a (natural small forward), and he's a perfect (small forward) for me. We're excited about his progress."
Yeah, just rain on my parade.

They're still wanting to dump Foyle though, right?

Young
10-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Here are a couple of trade ideas to shake up the backcourt.

Idea 1.

Pacers Get: Monta Ellis, Adonal Foyle
Warriors Get: Jamaal Tinsley, Sarunas Jasikevicius

Most would probably hate this deal for us, and to be honest I don't know if either team does it. However I can see each team having their reasons.

For the Pacers:
- Foyle's contract is one year shorter than Tinsley's.
- They get an up and coming player in Monta Ellis.

The kid was a rookie out of high school last year and is known more of a 2 guard but I think the kid can end up being a point guard/combo guard ala Gilbert Arenas. To be honest with versatile wings like Daniels, White, and Granger we don't have to have a legit point guard. In fact i'd rather have a scorer like Ellis and let Marquis and Danny focus on what they do best which is a little bit of everything. I think Ellis played pretty well for a rookie guard out of high school last year, and I think he would be an excellant acquistion for the Pacers.

For the Warriors:
- They get rid of Foyle, who they don't need.
- They add a playmaker in Tinsley to their point guard spot. Baron Davis is a guy who Nellie could use as a 2 guard, they could use a playmaker instead of a scorer with Wagner and Ellis as the other main guards.

Since we would need another point guard after this deal I thought of this:

Pacers Get: Eric Snow
Cavs Get: Stephen Jackson

Snow is a good leader and a good team point guard. Like Armstrong though he can't play big minuates. Snow is also overpaid but he only has 3 more years left on his contract I believe. So it's less than Jackson's.

The Cavs really want to let their current team gel and have some stability. However, they don't have Ronald Murry from last year's team and I think that even though Hughes is healthy now they could use a scorer off the bench and that is where Jackson would come in.

This is a bad time to think about trades because nothing is likely to happen anytime soon. However, I do like the idea of Monta Ellis in a Pacer uniform. In trading Tinsley we won't get a better point guard inreturn so why not go for a young guy with a lot of upside? Of course though we'd have to make another deal like I suggested above (swaping Jackson for a veteran point guard) and OG would have to have proven that he is a real keeper.

Most probably think i'm an idioit for suggesting this because it might scream lottery to you. However I can't say that I want the current guard rotation to be kept as is so I will roll the dice and try and get an up and comer like Ellis instead of keeping what we have now. I guess I just like to gamble.

skyfire
10-20-2006, 06:09 AM
That first trade is interesting. It would make our PG rotation be something like Ellis/Greene/DA, two young guys and a vet...with Quis filling in it could work. I doubt GoldenState would do it, i think they are pretty high on Ellis, even though Foyle is effectively useless in their new system.

If that came off I dont think it would be worthwhile to do the 2nd one with Jax. Snow sux

wintermute
10-21-2006, 01:23 AM
well, since we're talking golden state trades, how about this one:

baron davis for tinsley, sjax, and foster

from our side, we essentially upgrade the talent at pg (but not health, unfortunately), at the cost of two rotation guys who might be replaced by newcomers rawle and powell anyway.

for the warriors, they get 3 very good players for nellie's system at the cost of all-star davis. tinsley is sure to excel (if healthy), foster is the mobile big that foyle isn't, and jax will solidify their swingman rotation.

avoidingtheclowns
10-21-2006, 01:31 AM
well health and an incredibly questionable work ethic..... sounds like pacer material

AesopRockOn
10-21-2006, 04:59 PM
We're not going to get anything close to quality for Jackson, tinsley, or Jasikevicius; there's no way. I would love guys like Francis or Barry or Davis but the only possibilities would be very weak players on really bad contracts. Also, the only teams crazy or foolish enough to take Jax don't have the roster room for him. Face it, we're stuck with him and the rest of the people some of you think we can trade for something decent.

At least people are using this part of the forum again. It was getting to be a ghost town.

avoidingtheclowns
10-22-2006, 01:41 AM
How about we trade SJAX to Utah for Goran Giricek and an 07 draft pick and then Sarunas to Phoenix for a 07 pick. Jazz are desperate for a shooting guard and I think Sarunas could excell in the EuroPhoenix system. We get picks and Giricek who shoots similar to Jax but for a fraction of the cost.

then we're left with (assuming Edwards cut)

PG: Tinsley, Greene, Armstrong
SG: Daniels, Giricek, White
SF: Granger, Marshall, Williams
PF: Harrington, Baston, Powell
C: O'Neal, Harrison, Foster

Use the two 2007 picks to find solid outside shooting SG and a versitile frontline PF/C

Anthem
10-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Jamal Crawford and Nate Robinson for Jack, Saras, and Harrison.

Thoughts?

Isaac
10-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Rommie, you must not know too much about Monta Ellis. Monta Ellis is Golden State's Danny Granger/Shaun Livingston type guy. They might give us Monta and Dunleavy for Jermaine.

Not saying I think that would be fair, I wouldn't trade JO for that package, but even GS would be hesitant.