PDA

View Full Version : What Needs To Be Done

madison
10-08-2006, 03:08 PM
I'm a lifetime member of the community and now a 4 year season ticket holder spending roughly $12K/year to attend regular season games. In other words, I'm more than a board junkie or more than a fan. I'm what you'd call, "committed". The Pacer franchise is in danger of losing touch with it's ticket-buying base - me, if no one else.

If this were a public company, the top people would be accountable for their poor management. It's time for the Simons to exercise their rights as owners of the Pacers business. Let's start with senior management's responsibility. Who brought the likes of Jax to this team? Who runs a training camp with no curfew? Bird is a failure as an executive (letting Harrington go to Atlanta, defending Artest, hiring Jasikevicius, trading Johnson -- to name just a few of his horrible decisions). He must go. Immediately. Walsh must retire. At the end of the season. You ask, what is his mistake? Hiring Bird and then not teaching him how to run a franchise. Next, Carlilse must be publicly reprimanded for not running a real training camp (it's not 'real' if players have the energy to party until 3 AM). Rick should lose some pay.

Last, the Pacer Four should be suspended for the season, and if the league will back it, without pay. Will we lose half our games as a result? Maybe, but guess what? The fans will be proud of Al Harrington and JO and Foster who are all quality players with character. The fans will be proud of the team's effort, even if it results in defeat. If this seems harsh, so be it. Without discipline, the fans can never relate to a team seemingly controlled by antics of its thugs. This is the third year of inappropriate behavior. Indianapolis has been tolerant. It's time for the Simons not to be.

Anthem
10-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Bird is a failure as an executive (letting Harrington go to Atlanta, defending Artest, hiring Jasikevicius, trading Johnson -- to name just a few of his horrible decisions).
I want you to know that I probably agree with the overall thoughts expressed in your post, but I'm completely content with hiring Runi and trading AJ... both were good decisions, IMO.

As for suspending the 4 players without pay for the entire season, I'm not sure that's a reasonable approach. If the police don't think they did anything wrong, then I'm not sure how the Pacers could justify suspending them for the season. The league and the player's union wouldn't allow it. Trading them for a bag of chips is probably the best the Pacers can do.

RamBo_Lamar
10-08-2006, 03:41 PM
I'm a lifetime member of the community and now a 4 year season ticket holder spending roughly $12K/year to attend regular season games. In other words, I'm more than a board junkie or more than a fan. I'm what you'd call, "committed". The Pacer franchise is in danger of losing touch with it's ticket-buying base - me, if no one else.

If this were a public company, the top people would be accountable for their poor management. It's time for the Simons to exercise their rights as owners of the Pacers business. Let's start with senior management's responsibility. Who brought the likes of Jax to this team? Who runs a training camp with no curfew? Bird is a failure as an executive (letting Harrington go to Atlanta, defending Artest, hiring Jasikevicius, trading Johnson -- to name just a few of his horrible decisions). He must go. Immediately. Walsh must retire. At the end of the season. You ask, what is his mistake? Hiring Bird and then not teaching him how to run a franchise. Next, Carlilse must be publicly reprimanded for not running a real training camp (it's not 'real' if players have the energy to party until 3 AM). Rick should lose some pay.

Last, the Pacer Four should be suspended for the season, and if the league will back it, without pay. Will we lose half our games as a result? Maybe, but guess what? The fans will be proud of Al Harrington and JO and Foster who are all quality players with character. The fans will be proud of the team's effort, even if it results in defeat. If this seems harsh, so be it. Without discipline, the fans can never relate to a team seemingly controlled by antics of its thugs. This is the third year of inappropriate behavior. Indianapolis has been tolerant. It's time for the Simons not to be.

OK Pacers, you heard it....

Clearly its time for everyone to put aside any extracuricular nonsense,
and focus on that ring as of right now. That means REALLY FOCUS.

Seed
10-08-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm with Anthem on this.
Some change of thought must occur, but I don't think it should be radical. I think the direction this season was right, but just not firm enough.
Simply put, we need to loose the thugs, and regain the spirit of sport.
It may cost us some games, but more than this is at stake.

Isaac
10-08-2006, 03:49 PM
we need to loose the thugs, and regain the spirit of sport.

I don't think there's much we can do about fingers.

ABADays
10-08-2006, 04:00 PM
madison I agree with you about upper management but along with that come laws. The players APPARENTLY have done nothing wrong. There is virtually nothing that can be done about them.

spazzxb
10-08-2006, 04:30 PM

Noone here cres how much money you have. Spend that much money not care if a team can when is border line retarded. Revenue is made from merchandise, television, and even those fans in the upper deck who care abot this team alot more than you If you just want people who are polite and and toe the company line go back to work. I wat a championship in indiana and the kind of robots you lust after wouldn't have the fire to get it done. If you don't cre f the pacers win give your tickets to a real fan.

AesopRockOn
10-08-2006, 04:33 PM
So, will Jax's hanging/execution be public or are we going to have to check Youtube for it?

BTW, the title is very Hitler-esque.

Lord Helmet
10-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Suspend all of them for the year?

Are you serious?

ajbry
10-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Suspend all of them for the year?

Are you serious?

Exactly my thoughts. :laugh:

ABADays
10-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Noone here cres how much money you have. Spend that much money not care if a team can when is border line retarded. Revenue is made from merchandise, television, and even those fans in the upper deck who care abot this team alot more than you If you just want people who are polite and and toe the company line go back to work. I wat a championship in indiana and the kind of robots you lust after wouldn't have the fire to get it done. If you don't cre f the pacers win give your tickets to a real fan.

First off your response is offensive. Secondly, you can only speak for yourself as far as addressing who may or may not care more. Thirdly, I want a championship as much as anyone and you are kidding if you think this mix could even get close enough to even smell one. Fourthly, I'm looking forward to hearing about your future jobs if you don't think it's necessary to "toe the company line".

Lastly, learn how to address people on this board.

LoneGranger33
10-08-2006, 04:50 PM
I'll tell you what needs to be done...people need to stop posting separate threads about the same stupid incident!

diamonddave00
10-08-2006, 05:04 PM
I must say I'm totally amazed by the number of saints who are Pacer fans. I will freely admit when I was in my 20's I did a lot of stupid things. Lets see no charges brought by police= suspend without pay for the season?

Having a car attempt to run him over is Jacks fault? Even though the 4 Pacers showed at the very least poor judgment on Friday morning - I for one am amazed how Stephen Jackson is being criticized for defending himself.He could have simply stood their and fired directly at the car.

The Pacers players who had guns followed the letter of the law and had them registered. Sorry but there is no way you can suspend 4 players without pay when no charges are filed.

Remember too whoever says deal them for a bag of chips the 3 players Jackson , Tinsley and Daniels are due almost 18 mil in salary this season and 77 million on remaining years on their contracts thats a lot of bags of chips .