PDA

View Full Version : For the record - Part 1 (Multiple choice)

ChicagoJ
10-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Which elements of this incident bother you?

(Next poll will be "which element bothers you most?")

ChicagoJ
10-07-2006, 11:29 AM
Slightly skewed results because I added the four new categories after nine of you voted. Sorry.

Raskolnikov
10-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Slightly skewed results because I added the four new categories after nine of you voted. Sorry.
Heeeyyy! You sneaky, sneaky man.

For the record, I also would've checked

Bothered by TPTB/ Rick's reaction ("It was bad judgment")

and

Fans' reactions.

vapacersfan
10-07-2006, 12:51 PM
How about the fact they were out during a work week?

Maybe I am just a loser who has to wake up every morning at 4AM, but I generally dont go out at all during the week. When I do, its for a special occasion like the 4th of July, and I am normally home by 11:30 or midnight.

tora tora
10-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Not bothered at all.. this will blow over within a week.
I also think Jack will have a breakout season to prove the haters wrong.

Los Angeles
10-07-2006, 01:37 PM
I chose "that Tinsley was involved, period", "that Jackson was involved, period", "That Jackson and Tinsley drug out the new guys (great leadership, eh?)" and "PR".

The only reason I checked "great leadership" is because I posted that yesterday. I've sisnce changed my mind, but it took a day.

I now want to be clear that I would WANT the vets to bond with the new guys. I no longer fault anyone for this and it no longer bothers me.

BlueNGold
10-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Bothered by TPTB/ Rick's reaction ("It was bad judgment")

and

Fans' reactions.

Yes, I am bothered by RC's reaction. He needs to get a tape recorder and just play "It was bad judgment" every time these players do something stupid. At some point it becomes more than bad judgment.

As for the fan's reactions, let them react. Everyone is obviously going to see this incident at a different angle. The bottom line is that these players did more damage to this franchise...at a particularly bad time.

Trader Joe
10-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Our fans' reactions worry me the most.

aero
10-07-2006, 04:45 PM
"Its up to us ads" were apparently false advertising

^ gets my vote. Im really disapointed with the Pacers right now, im not even sure if ill go to the Fan Jam tomorrow.

Kegboy
10-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Call me silly, but the part that bothers me is our starting 2 got hit by a car.

Romsey31
10-08-2006, 12:44 PM
How bout the fact that a player was punched then ran over? That doesnt bother you?

ChicagoJ
10-08-2006, 05:35 PM
How bout the fact that a player was punched then ran over? That doesnt bother you?

Yes, but I'm focusing on the big picture here. What exactly led up to the incident were decisions that were under the control of the players, and I still believe the bad decisions they made unfortunately put them in harm's way.

jax
10-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Im bothered by their (mainly Jackson's) poor decision making. Jackson knew that this year he would be under a microscope. I wish I knew what was going through his head. At the same time the only people that know the whole story are the people involved. Unfortunately,the media plays a huge part in the way the general public views the situation. Jackson did get punched in the mouth and hit by a car. What would you do in that situation?

Kegboy
10-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Yes, but I'm focusing on the big picture here. What exactly led up to the incident were decisions that were under the control of the players, and I still believe the bad decisions they made unfortunately put them in harm's way.

That's just how they live their lives. Let's please move on.

:-p

grace
10-08-2006, 07:38 PM
LET'S PLEASE MOVE ON!!!

Fixed and QFT!

Putnam
10-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Rick Carlisle never spoke a truer word than when he said, "Stephen Jackson is the most important player on this team." Jackson is succeeding in defining the club's personality. In fact, he has already won. Donnie Walsh is a lame duck and Larry Bird is powerless. Jackson will outlast them both.

As far as the fans are concerned, the furor over Jackson will fade out almost completely during the coming season. It's Jackson's team now, and anyone who cares about players' off-court conduct will find it difficult to hang around.

Los Angeles
10-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Rick Carlisle never spoke a truer word than when he said, "Stephen Jackson is the most important player on this team." Jackson is succeeding in defining the club's personality. In fact, he has already won. Donnie Walsh and Larry Bird are already powerless. Jackson will outlast them both.

As far as the fans are concerned, the furor over Jackson will fade out almost completely during the coming season. It's Jackson's team now, and anyone who has problems with the things Jackson likes to do and the way he lives is going to find it difficult to hang around.

I know I will.

Over the top and depressingly possible all at once.

Good post.

Even though I think you're wrong. ;)

ChicagoJ
10-08-2006, 10:45 PM
That's just how they live their lives. Let's please move on.

:-p

I'm, of course, just jealous that you had a better sense of when to cancel your tickets that I've got.

Same thing with my investments. I am 100% positive the market is overpriced right now. But I'm still fully invested in equities, because I have no confidence in my ability to "time" the market.

Kegboy
10-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Same thing with my investments. I am 100% positive the market is overpriced right now. But I'm still fully invested in equities, because I have no confidence in my ability to "time" the market.

Well if the financial equivalent of "Larry Bird sends you a letter saying he's increasing your ticket prices 60% the same week Reggie Miller announces his retirement" ever happens, cut your losses and get the hell out.

Romsey31
10-09-2006, 06:41 PM
Whats bigger than our starting two being run over?? You guys are sick. If it was Reggie he couldve been dead wrong, you wouldnt have been looking at the "big picture"