PDA

View Full Version : How will you react to the Pacers, now?

Pacesetter
10-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Will you still be going out to games, and watching them on TV?

I'm personally disgusted by the actions of the few, but it's still nice to know we've got good guys like JO, Danny, and Al playing!

Are you still planning on going to fanjam? It should be interesting for sure!

What's your thoughts?

indyman37
10-07-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm going to stay with the team no matter what happens. Yes, I will get very po'ed at times, but I'm gonna still represent. Hopefully, they'll clean up their act so I don't have to argue the fact that they are not a bad team anymore.

PacerFan31
10-07-2006, 10:40 AM
No one wants to go to fan jam with me on Sunday anymore, they all backed out on me.

They said they don't want to waste their time on another season.

D-BONE
10-07-2006, 10:44 AM
I will attend games and watch games. I have always been a Pacer fan and I always will be. I find it unfortunate and frustrating that recent events continue to sully our image at the same time.

!Pacers-Fan!
10-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Im Still A P-Fan, It was An incident and S-Jaxx was attacked, so from the articles and news, it' wasn't Jax's fault, and he fired the shots for self defense.
if i was attacked like dat, and got almost ran over by a car, i would do the same, *take out my gun, and shot the Basterds.*

Unclebuck
10-07-2006, 10:59 AM
I can't wait to watch the first preseason game on TV and really can't wait until Saturday night when I can see them in person.

This incident has zero effect on me.

owl
10-07-2006, 11:09 AM
I will attend games and watch games. I have always been a Pacer fan and I always will be. I find it unfortunate and frustrating that recent events continue to sully our image at the same time.

What D-Bone said.

Jermaniac
10-07-2006, 11:11 AM
I can't wait to watch the first preseason game on TV and really can't wait until Saturday night when I can see them in person.

We ride together UB, I cant wait to see this team play. I havent ordered my league pass yet and this hasnt changed my view at all, I still cant wait till Nov.1 when I turn on that league pass to watch the Pacers game.

Hicks
10-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Nothing's changed in my eyes. I'll watch all of the games.

heywoode
10-07-2006, 11:51 AM
I'm still taking my kids to the FanJam and I will still use the free tix offered to me for the Wednesday opener. Not sure what will happen at the FanJam though. Quite frankly, the scenario of Jackson coming out and getting booed and him just going back up the tunnel and saying 'screw the fans then' isn't out of the realm of possibility in my mind....

Feeling like that is a possibility is what has me so upset over this incident. I don't think some of the players on our team really care about anything but themselves, despite what they have been saying all summer. When I look at a few of them, I don't like what I see and I don't want them on my team. Frankly, winning has become secondary to me now. I would take more pride in a 41-41 team full of guys that I can stand behind than a 60 win team that goes to the Finals that has Jackson and Tinsley on it. They just aren't likeable guys, and they've certainly worn out their welcome in Indy, and I don't think I'm alone in that viewpoint.

I will certainly still watch the Pacers, and I will still go to as many games as I can. I believe the quote from Mark Jackson says it best. The gyst is that the Pacers are just a hard team to embrace.

I will feel that way until at least Jackson and Tinsley are gone. I hope they both are SOON.

SycamoreKen
10-07-2006, 11:57 AM
I'll still follow the team, watch every game that I can (can't afford league pass), and still wear my Pacers gear. Heck, I'll probably even try to get to the game down here if I can. I'm really hoping this is just an isolated incident and the season goes smoothly on and off the court.

JayRedd
10-07-2006, 12:25 PM

Ditto...

This is another slightly embarrassing incident....but as long as there is a Pacers logo, it'll be on my shirt.

I just hope it never has the words "Oklahoma City" before it.

I repped a team that once employed Bill Buckner, Roger Clemens and Babe Ruth for six years in New York, I think I can weather these knuckleheads.

Can't wait for tip-off.

ajbry
10-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Same as always, this doesn't change anything. Well, that's not true. I'll probably be even more supportive of Jack (if that's even possible).

Mac_Daddy
10-07-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm not changing. This team is my team and that's how its gonna stay, no matter what happens.

MagicRat
10-07-2006, 12:32 PM
No change.....

sweabs
10-07-2006, 12:37 PM
I am going to support this team through thick and thin. Hey, wasn't that the Bulls slogan not too long ago? Seriously, nothing can stop me from being a fan of this team.

Believe_in_blue
10-07-2006, 12:38 PM
I really don't want Jax to get booed. Even if the fans don't like him, they need to cheer for him if they are true Pacers fans. All that booing him is going to do is frustrate him and make him play worse. He needs our support. if we do trade him to another team feel free to boo him then but support each and every pacer.

vapacersfan
10-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks to Jermaniacs last post, it reminded me I need to call Comcast and order NBALP.
<o:p> </o:p>
I still plan on watching this team, and I still plan on making my trip in December.

Peck
10-07-2006, 12:40 PM
After all I've been through with Artest this is nothing.

This will not impact the way I react to the team at all.

However as has been said, I really really really look forward to the day that we can get back to our players not being distractions off of the court.

vapacersfan
10-07-2006, 12:40 PM
I really don't want Jax to get booed. Even if the fans don't like him, they need to cheer for him if they are true Pacers fans. All that booing him is going to do is frustrate him and make him play worse. He needs our support. if we do trade him to another team feel free to boo him then but support each and every pacer.

I really dont feel like being in another "real fan" debate here, we had one last night.

I will say the fans will not boo Jax if he plays well. There may be a small smattering of boos, but his play on the court will overrule anything he has done off of it, IMO

Kaufman
10-07-2006, 12:55 PM
I grew up a Pacers fan but liking a different team than the one we put on the floor today. I don't like the current team - I just don't like the components, but that doesn't mean that I won't support them. They're my team.

Vali
10-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Everything is goinig to be exactly the same to me i can only watch about 2 games a year because i live in Latin america but i will sit in my chair for every game follow the espn gamecast and not stand up until the end of every game and of course ill read every single article, scouting report and game reviews that i can...

Lord Helmet
10-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Nothing has changed for me. I might get pissed when they do their usual stupid stuff during the season, but I will still watch every game this year.

ABADays
10-07-2006, 02:17 PM
I've been a lifelong fan and will remain that way. I didn't invest in Slingbox to bring over here just to have the computer sit idle.

rabid
10-07-2006, 02:17 PM
I'll be as rabid as ever.

As Hicks mentioned, however, it'll be interesting to hear what happens at the Fan Jam (I can't go, since I live in California now)

LoneGranger33
10-07-2006, 02:23 PM
I might not like Jackson but I'll always like the Pacers...

Plus, I can't help but root for an underdog...and, although I don't enjoy my team continually being the underdog, it sure pays off when they succeed --- GO TIGERS!

Trader Joe
10-07-2006, 02:33 PM
We ride together. Nothing's changed. They were the victims.

Isaac
10-07-2006, 02:36 PM
I'll watch every single road game and go to about half the home games. I'll rock my Stephen Jackson jersey proudly, and when I see him for the first time in Chicago, I'll tell him I support him.

gummy
10-07-2006, 02:42 PM
I still plan to watch as often as I can. If I could reasonably attend the Fan Jam (I live in CA), I definitely would.

I don't think Jack is the devil, nor is he my favorite player. I am just looking forward to seeing if the guys can pull all the new components together on the court. I think they can mentally move past the latest PR blow much better than some of the fans can.

McKeyFan
10-07-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm excited about watching the team, but if we see a repeat of Jax and Tinsley's attitudes hurting the team, and, more importantly, we see the coach and management not addressing the situation with the proper courage, then I may lose interest.