PDA

View Full Version : Drugs, Strippers and Guns Oh My!

BlueNGold
10-07-2006, 10:22 AM
Strictly from a Public Relations standpoint, which one does the most damage?

This can be determined by considering the scenario if you yanked one of the three from the equation.

microwave_oven
10-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Honestly, since Jackson was firing the weapon in self-defense, I don't think it is a PR problem. The drugs could be, but since no charges were filed, that isn't a problem. The biggest problem is the strip club, IMO. Having to explain why our players are out like that is the biggest PR problem.

vapacersfan
10-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Honestly, since Jackson was firing the weapon in self-defense, I don't think it is a PR problem. The drugs could be, but since no charges were filed, that isn't a problem. The biggest problem is the strip club, IMO. Having to explain why our players are out like that is the biggest PR problem.

Being out at a strip club? No

Being out at a strip club during training camp? Yes.

Bad decisions compounded by bad decisions, that has been the motto of this franchise for the past several seasons

Anthem
10-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Private poll. Somebody wake btown from his drunken stupor.

ChicagoJ
10-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Private poll, incomplete choices. Ack!

RamBo_Lamar
10-07-2006, 11:23 AM
A pretty easy choice for me - drugs because it is the only choice that is
always illegal.

Guns would come in second because they are legal unless improperly licensed
or misused.

Strippers??? Most of those poor girls are trying to make a living and get their
bills paid somehow. Lets not pick on them.

grace
10-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Drugs followed closely behind by guns. Guns would have been first if they hadn't been registered.

As for the strip club I'd rather they weren't there, but that's just my personal stick in the mud opinion.

SycamoreKen
10-07-2006, 11:43 AM
I went with drugs. Just because charges were not filed means nothing.

Oh yea, you left off the "Players making stupid choices" option, but then again, that is where most of the bad PR comes from anyway.

LoneGranger33
10-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Strippers...I don't wanna be a hypocrite...

Trader Joe
10-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Drugs... far and away drugs. Gun was licensed and fired in self defense. The strip club is really only a big deal cause it went down during training camp.

Anthem
10-07-2006, 02:49 PM
Have we really established that the gun was fired in self defense? I stopped reading the thread, but I hadn't heard if that was definite. If he fired at a car leaving the scene, it's revenge, not defense.

Kestas
10-07-2006, 02:57 PM
Strictly from a Public Relations standpoint, which one does the most damage?

This can be determined by considering the scenario if you yanked one of the three from the equation.

strippers and guns are both perfectly legal (as far as I understand).

Trader Joe
10-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Have we really established that the gun was fired in self defense? I stopped reading the thread, but I hadn't heard if that was definite. If he fired at a car leaving the scene, it's revenge, not defense.

No arrests have been made, and police say the evidence supports Jackson's claim that he fired the gun in self-defense.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="90%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=quote>"Right now, from all the evidence we've gathered," said Sgt. Matthew Mount, an Indianapolis Police Department spokesman, it looks like Jackson and three teammates "were the victims in this case."</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Just a couple sample quotes. Everything I have read says self defense.

Kegboy
10-07-2006, 05:49 PM
:booprivatepoll:

AesopRockOn
10-07-2006, 05:53 PM

The problem is that many news reports don't say that; they just say he fired a gun and that is what people have picked up about the story.

BlueNGold
10-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Sorry for the private poll. Never again.