PDA

View Full Version : Is Stephen Jackson unlucky or ???

RWB
10-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Simple two part poll.

D-BONE
10-07-2006, 09:57 AM
In the big picture, I accept that in terms of individual control of one's life it's a mixture of personal choice and luck, chance, and/or certain variable outside the individual's realm of control. I would give more weight to that which one can control.

Now as far as Jack is concerned from the brawl to now, I think some of what could be termed bad luck in his misadventures is his reputation following him around and much of that is a result of his own choices or at least his inability to exercise sufficient self reflection and monitoring.

However, how that relates to the current scenario at Club Rio is not totally clear at this point. Yes, if these alleged assailants were just out carousing trying to ****** w/ Jack and/or the other Pacers for fun or b/c they don't like him or whatever. Well, that could be due to do with a certain image he has been active in creating. So in that way he has some responsibility, albeit indirect to the incident in question.

Assuming the current reports that he and the other players did not initiate the skirmish and attempted to extricate themselves from it prior to the parking-lot episode, then I think one must inovke the idea of the wider context. Just b/c you have a certain rep or people may not like your or whatever the reason may be, you cannot be held responsible for the actions of those other guys. I mean they must be held to the same standards of law, civility, and personal decisions as anyone else regradless of their position in society.

So unless it turns out contrarty to early reports that Jack was in the wrong, I don't hold him accountable for this issue. Just cause he's got the profile he does, whether he created it or not, doesn't mean he can't go somplace, anyplace, publicly and not be subjected to having his privacy/security violated.

If he is shown to be legally wrong, then that changes everything and he should be held accoutable.

!Pacers-Fan!
10-07-2006, 10:18 AM
he's lucky to be alive.

Swingman
10-07-2006, 10:22 AM
Good post D-bone.

I think it's amazing how people are getting on those 4 guys and talking about suspensions.

Jackson shouldn't have fired a gun and Tinsley (assuming it's his) shouldn't be carrying around pot. Other than that, the only thing they could possibly be at fault for was being at the shady strip club in the first place rather than a nice one in a better part of town.

Daniels and Snap did nothing wrong from what I've read. I would be incredibly surprised if any kind of punishment falls on them for just hanging out with Tinsley and Jackson.

campy
10-07-2006, 10:25 AM
A pee-wee football coach told my brother that luck is when preperation meats oppertunity. SJax seems to meat oppertunity without taking control of the situation.

RamBo_Lamar
10-07-2006, 11:00 AM
he's lucky to be alive.

I suppose we all are for that matter (when looking at the big picture).

As for this particular incident, yes, it could have been much much worse.

If that guy was indeed trying to intentionally run Jack over, I would think
that would be at least assault with a deadly weapon, if not attempted
murder.

We don't know, but perhaps Jack firing his weapon could have deterred
the assailant from coming around for another try. Jack shouldn't have left
himself wide open in a parking lot though, where he could be run over
while under attack.

I hope this is a lesson that sticks with him - it better be. Unfortunately
there are alot of morons running around out there who get their kicks
from causing trouble, and there are even some who if they think they
might get shot, will unload on you first.

The players should all get police scanners, and listen in on some of the
garbage that goes on around town late night. Indy may be relatively
small, but definately has more than its fair share of big city problems,
with dangerous characters running around out there who put no
value on life whatsoever.

AesopRockOn
10-07-2006, 06:11 PM
A pee-wee football coach told my brother that luck is when preperation meats oppertunity. SJax seems to meat oppertunity without taking control of the situation.

Chicken or Pork? Lol. But seriously, what are you talking about?

Los Angeles
10-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Unlucky is enough.

rabid
10-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Wow, talk about oversimplifying the possible options and creating a leading question. Almost as bad as "When did you stop beating your wife?"

The truth is obviously more complicated than this.

ABADays
10-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Uhhhh . . . yeah, heeeeeee's just one unlucky guy :lmao: