PDA

View Full Version : NBA Europe Tour

Tony Valente
10-05-2006, 05:17 PM
I'm watching the first game of the tour, live: Barcelona vs. Sixers. 10:32 left of 4th quarter and it's 74-74. Barcelona had a 8 point lead once, and Sixers had 10 in the beginning. Is NBA basketball in regression? I know Philly ain't an elite team, but at least you can't bring the chemistry argument or too many stars or whatever. And Barcelona was only 3rd in Spain last year, and only has 2 world champions in the squad.

If Suns, Clippers or Spurs will have problems too we should start asking questions.

And, btw, Kyle Korver is the crap of all craps.

granger
10-05-2006, 05:34 PM
btw
they are playing with nba rules
nba court
1euro and 2nba ref. of course with their bull**** calls

granger
10-05-2006, 05:59 PM
barca beat sixers 104-99

LMAO

Calgary Jazz
10-05-2006, 05:59 PM
So Barca just beat 76ers 104-99. It is just proves that best Euro teams can play even with lottery teams from NBA ( funny it was new NBA ball, and NBA rules). NBA champs still would be to much for Euroleague champs, but in 10 years we could have 2 equal leagues, especialy if money wise Euroleague would be able to catch NBA level.

Pingu
10-05-2006, 06:04 PM
It was a pretty good game IMO, much better than what I expected from a preseason game.
The Sixers lost because they missed 22 FTs, that's way too many misses to win against a good european team.

edit: that's way too many misses to win against any team.

ABADays
10-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Where did you see these games? Is NBA TV doing any freebie stuff during the preseason?

Rytas_Jega
10-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Idugagla erased Xisers deficit with that bomb at the end. Barca got 2 or 3 technical fouls because of awful refereeing. Barcelona lost its' last ACB game against Alicante 51-57.

However, the only real World Championship is NBA (according to Sam Cassel and Rytas_Jega, two most intelligent persons I've ever heard). That WBC in Japan was a joke, those European club basketball competitions are nothing at all.

Seed
10-05-2006, 06:25 PM
It just proves that best Euro teams can play even with lottery teams from NBA
I agree. This is pretty much the balance between the leagues.

bulldog
10-05-2006, 06:33 PM
IT ISN'T FAIR. THE EUROPEANS HAD TO PLAY WITH NBA RULES!!!! IT'S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT GAME!!!!

Wait...

circlecitysportsfan
10-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Idugagla erased Xisers deficit with that bomb at the end. Barca got 2 or 3 technical fouls because of awful refereeing. Barcelona lost its' last ACB game against Alicante 51-57.

However, the only real World Championship is NBA (according to Sam Cassel and Rytas_Jega, two most intelligent persons I've ever heard). That WBC in Japan was a joke, those European club basketball competitions are nothing at all.

Cosign

Kstat
10-05-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm sorry, preseason games count for something all of a sudden?

People actually care about the final scores?

It's a nice little gimmick to get revenue for meaningless games. Other than that, nobody cares who wins. The NBA teams aren't exactly going to work their butts off when they have an 82-game season to get ready for.

NBA teams have been playing Euroleague teams for a long time now in preseason. People overlook the fact they are still preseason games, and the teams involved are not trying to get ready for a season first, and win second.

bulldog
10-06-2006, 12:17 AM

Is there any circumstance, and I'm speaking purely hypothetically here, where you would budge on this? Where you would give some credit where it's due, where you would admit a European team is very good and perhaps even better than an American one? Any possible set of circumstances???

It's like talking to a brick wall...

You're telling me that at halftime, with their backs to the wall, Iverson didn't think "Maybe I should step up the hustle a little bit, or we're going to lose to a Euroleague team?" It's pre-season, but it does mean something.

Not saying Barcelona would win an NBA championship, I'm just saying that European teams, both club and national, are getting pretty good and not every loss to them has to be explained away with a set of excuses. It's getting pretty tired and boring.

Kstat
10-06-2006, 12:20 AM
Is there any circumstance, and I'm speaking purely hypothetically here, where you would budge on this? Where you would give some credit where it's due, where you would admit a European team is very good and perhaps even better than an American one? [I]Any possible set of circumstances???

Yeah.

Here's a circumstance: play a game that matters, in a scenario where an NBA team has incentive to win.

Don't get me wrong: I cared about the WBC, and I thought it was a legit competition.

I could care less about the EA Sports EuropeLive tour 2006. :laugh: This isnt the championships of pro basketball. It isn't a torunament of champions. It's a glorified preseason event that the NBA is raking in the sponsorship dollars and ticket revenue from.

Nobody in his right mind is going to wear his body out for a preseason game, with an 82-game season looming over his shoulder less than a month away. To expect a team to play the first preseason game of the year like an NBA regular season game is beyond assinine.

Not saying NBA teams shouldnt win without even trying, because they should (san antonio showed that today, I could swear I saw some of them yawning in the first half), but that anybody would beat some of them shouldnt come as a surprise. It's been happening for decades. Nobody cares except the euroleague teams, who get a nice feather in their caps and a pat on the back for winning a game nobody but them cares about.

This isn't a measure of euroleague vs the NBA, it's a gimmick for the NBA to use some preseason time to make a quick cash grab.

Jermaniac
10-06-2006, 12:27 AM
The Sixers could give 2 ****s about this loss. Nothing but a preseason game.

Eindar
10-06-2006, 12:45 AM
I hate to agree with Both Jermaniac and Kstat in the same thread, but it's true. First off, it's one of the worst teams in the league. Second, they've been playing together again for a total of 3 days. Third, and most importantly, the incentive to play hard for these two teams is completely disparate.

On one hand, the guys playing for Barcelona see this as their chance to prove they can play against NBA competition, and also to show off for NBA scouts/teams against "top competition". Essentially, this is as big for them as a Euroleague championship game. For the Sixers, it's preseason game #1. See the disparity?

I'm not trying to take anything away from Barcelona. In this game, they've proven that the competition level isn't really that far apart. However, having watched the WBC, most of us already knew this. But if you're trying to use this to say that Barcelona would beat the Philadelphia 76ers in a 7 game series in the NBA playoffs, I'd say you're sadly mistaken.

Robertmto
10-06-2006, 12:56 AM
Just when the Euros tought they had something else to gloat about....

:laugh:

Seed
10-06-2006, 01:56 AM
Is there any circumstance, and I'm speaking purely hypothetically here, where you would budge on this? Where you would give some credit where it's due, where you would admit a European team is very good and perhaps even better than an American one? Any possible set of circumstances???
Leave it..

I happened to watch last year the Raptors fighting with all they got just to lose to Maacabi in overtime at home. There is a straight line leading from that loss to the way Toronto is looking this season..

I guess sometimes, when it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, some people will be ready to eat the duck alive than admitting it actually exists. ;)

Kstat
10-06-2006, 02:13 AM
Leave it..

I happened to watch last year the Raptors fighting with all they got just to lose to Maacabi in overtime at home.

:rotflmao:

blow
10-06-2006, 02:17 AM
These are preseason games for Euroleague teams too. Of course, nobody cares, didn't you see the ironic smiles of Barcelona players. I guess our american friends have to wait until Spurs lose to Maccabi, Clippers lose to CSKA and Suns lose to CSKA again. Now tha would be a trend. Barcelona could have easily won by 15, but the referees and amazing AI's acting abilities spoiled the atmosphere in the place.

Peace.

caaprius
10-06-2006, 02:47 AM
I hate to agree with Both Jermaniac and Kstat in the same thread, but it's true. First off, it's one of the worst teams in the league. Second, they've been playing together again for a total of 3 days. Third, and most importantly, the incentive to play hard for these two teams is completely disparate.

On one hand, the guys playing for Barcelona see this as their chance to prove they can play against NBA competition, and also to show off for NBA scouts/teams against "top competition". Essentially, this is as big for them as a Euroleague championship game. For the Sixers, it's preseason game #1. See the disparity?

I'm not trying to take anything away from Barcelona. In this game, they've proven that the competition level isn't really that far apart. However, having watched the WBC, most of us already knew this. But if you're trying to use this to say that Barcelona would beat the Philadelphia 76ers in a 7 game series in the NBA playoffs, I'd say you're sadly mistaken.

the team during offseason hadn't changed a bit and you are saying they are playing together for 3 fays? they had been playing together for whole last season. the problem is they suck. I really see them finishing at the bottom of EC this season, because they are so bad.

what mattered me most, the game was played by NBA rules. longer quarters made it soooo boooring to watch, but thats another story. some Europeans had trouble shooting NBA threes, as line was 1 meter further. but they managed to get through this. Americans didnt get whistled for travelling, which was seen by everyone in Palau Sant Jordi. Europeans got technicals for god knows what. and so on and so on. referees were battling between themselves who would whistle more doubtful calls.

I know that guys like Kstat will never ever admit that European bball is almost equal to NBA ball. but common... Barcelona isn't even the strongest team in Spain...

Kstat
10-06-2006, 02:58 AM
*yawn*

Yep, the NBA sucks, our players are worse, our rules suck and nobody likes how ugly Americans conduct themselves on the basketball court.

...which all begs the question as to why you (the superior, enlightened euroleague fans) are here....

Yeah, it's preseason for the euroleague clubs, but the motivation is still VASTLY different.

Want to know why?

Because they're working their asses off trying to impress NBA scouts so they can leave Euroleague and come to the NBA.

Irony's a *****, eh?

Kstat
10-06-2006, 03:02 AM
And the always-entertaining "Cheating Americans don't get whistled for traveling, while the fundamentally-sound euros sleep with a rulebook under their pillows and wouldn't even DREAM of taking a third step" argument couldn't possibly be any more stale than it already is....

Seed
10-06-2006, 03:09 AM
:rotflmao:
Clearly you haven't seen the game.
I find this funny.

Israfan
10-06-2006, 03:10 AM
It is just proves that best Euro teams can play even with lottery teams from NBA ( funny it was new NBA ball, and NBA rules).

CAN WE ALL AGREE ON THIS?

Beowulfas
10-06-2006, 03:11 AM
No way Barcelona could beat 76ers :mad:
Someone is playing with us :mad:

Allen Iverson alone and injured would beat Barcelona by 50 or so :devil:

Seed
10-06-2006, 03:15 AM
until Spurs lose to Maccabi

Don't count on it.. Maccabi is a completely new team. Only 1 starter from last year is currently playing (Vujcic), they still don't have a PF (waiting in vain for J.Powell), coach has changed..

Eindar
10-06-2006, 04:45 AM
CAN WE ALL AGREE ON THIS?

Not really. I think that a Euroleague team can beat an NBA team one time. But in order to say they're "equal", you'd have to be willing to stay that Barcelona could beat Philly in a seven-game playoff series. Not that they would, but that they could. And I'm not willing to make that bet.

bulldog
10-06-2006, 08:59 AM
*yawn*

Yep, the NBA sucks, our players are worse, our rules suck and nobody likes how ugly Americans conduct themselves on the basketball court.

Really mature.

Because they're working their asses off trying to impress NBA scouts so they can leave Euroleague and come to the NBA.

Irony's a *****, eh?

Fine, good point kind of, I guess. Although it has nothing to do with anything, you just brought it up to stick to the Euro's on this board, it has nothing to do witih the game. Why don't you make a WW2 joke?

I hate to say it, but I think the Sixers had some motivation as well. By the time the fifth random white dude whose name we will never hear again got by Webber like he was an orange cone and threw it down on him, the Sixers were trying to shuffle their feet a little faster.

Embarrasment's a b*****, eh?

BTW, the Spurs beating that other team - that counts as a win for the foreigners, right? Tim Duncan's from the Virgin Islands. ;)

Tony Valente
10-07-2006, 11:28 AM
That does it. Clippers lost 75-94 to Euroleague champs CSKA Moscow. It's true CSKA are the best in Europe, but Clippers aren't Sixers eithe. And the score ... no comment. If until now people kept saying the best European team would be lottery team in NBA, now I come and ask you: Are you so sure CSKA wouldn't be the NBA Champ next season if they were to play in NBA? I mean, there was no accident. They won every quarter, they shot better, dominated the posts !!! and Theo Papaloukas really made fun of all LA's defense.

RIP, NBA!

caaprius
10-07-2006, 11:35 AM
box score: http://www.cskabasket.com/gm/?a=boxscore&id=332&lang=en
report and quates: http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/1395/180/nba-live-report-cksa-moscow-94-75-la-clippers

common Kstat, let us all know that its only preseason and it doesnt mean anything

Calgary Jazz
10-07-2006, 11:53 AM
I may sound like a broken record, but again, Clippers are not elite team of NBA. If CSKA would beat Spurs, Dallas, Miami in May or June that would be something different. Now again, motivation issue is pretty big here as well.
But there is no doubt that Euroleague is getting closer and closer to NBA. It would be nice to organize something like Supercup game between NBA champs and Euroleague champs just after finish of each championship. Then motivation and chemistry would become not an issue.

Calgary Jazz
10-07-2006, 11:56 AM
One thing which stroke me from box score. Clippers dished total of amazing 2 assists:-o :-o :-o . Now thats a team basketball NBA must be proud with:blush: .

Rytas_Jega
10-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Please chill out morons from second-class basketball countries (no offence).

I believe two time "World champion", not some ridiculous exhibition game. I'm sure Sam knows what he told Russian journalists.

Two time NBA champion Sim Calles has no time for some so called World Basketball Championships or some competitions in Europe he has heard from Korolev. The one and only World Basketball Championship is NBA playoffs.
Ham Sassel can't name any basketball player from Europe because he has to think about Steve Nash, Tony Parker and Tim Duncan.

Pitons
10-07-2006, 12:29 PM
"Los Angeles Clippers head coach Mike Dunleavy

"Their team played extremely well, and they should be proud of the way they handled us. We know it was going to be a very tough game, and in no way did we take them lightly. For us, coming in with four days to get ready, we had a lot of respect for them. We knew what they could do. And unfortunately, we couldn't stop it. I think they have a lot of talent. They play really well together. I love how hard they play, how hard they cut. Based on today's performance, I think they'd win a lot of games [in the NBA].""

He lies or shows some kind of respect or what?

Pitons
10-07-2006, 12:38 PM
If "Clippers" want to show something in NBA this season they have to move their asses, couse at this stage they look like band which don't know what to do (2 assists against 17, 5 steals against 16, 3-Pt - 2-16 ? :confused: ). That's too much i think.

Rytas_Jega
10-07-2006, 12:41 PM
This is only pre-season game, Clippers aren't NBA powerhouse, CSKA wouldn't win against Clippers in 27 game series with one non-alien limit.

I hope my answer is comprehensive enough.

Kestas
10-07-2006, 01:27 PM

those are not your regular preseason games (btw, Euroleague starts on October 24th, although some domestic leagues are already underway), this is a completely new project, which was worked on by Euroleague and NBA for years.

regarding the results.. well, the two out of three Euroleague teams that played so far have won (Roma lost by 7). Asvel and Khimki are not Euroleague teams (they didn't make it to Euroleague). in Asvel's roster only two players I have heard of and I have heard of really large ammount of European players, so..

even though Maccabi are only the shadow of their former glory (transitional period of sorts, too many new players and a new coach), I think even they have a good chance at beating an NBA team on October 11th (or be crushed by that team - it happens with two simmilar teams sometimes ;))..

anyways, what Cassel told in Russia... with those quotes NBA is not buying any new fans in Europe whatsoever. Cassel is a dumb****, to put it the mild way. Stern should have a personal talk with this guy, but first Stern himself should reconfigure his brain, he's harming US basketball by the hands of NBA.

BTW! I watched the Roma : Nash game. it was really cool! but only due to the performance of both teams (I liked Suns more). spectators were terrible. if the future of Euroleague is like this (10 or 15 thousands of spectators sitting quietly as if they were at a theater performance) I'd rather switch to watching table tennis. also the Suns cheerleaders were awful - I do not buy any of those smiles (besides, their dances are primitive and they're all short, unfortunately). what else.. ah, yeah, the NBA style broadcast (mooving camera, zooming, not many camera switchings during the action) is very good, I liked it.

Calgary Jazz
10-07-2006, 01:37 PM
where are those Sam I Am quotes? I can't find them :(

Calgary Jazz
10-07-2006, 01:38 PM
(I liked Jazz more).the Jazz cheerleaders were awful

??? Jazz are preparing in Boise Idaho man.

Kestas
10-07-2006, 01:39 PM
??? Jazz are preparing in Boise Idaho man.

Jazz, Shmazz, - who cares..

(fixed, thanks)

Kestas
10-07-2006, 01:45 PM
where are those Sam I Am quotes? I can't find them :(

I read them in the LTU press. someone on the other board translated some of it from the Russian sites. maybe it's somewhere on the net as well..

http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=1879
(love and hugs attached ;))

-------
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
As NBA Europe tournament is about to start, Los Angeles Clippers and Sam Cassell are already training in Moscow. Here are some extracts from interview with Sam Cassell in the Russian press:

- Do you know that CSKA Moscow is the champion of Euroleague?

– This must be something like European champions, right? Yes, my teammate Korolev told me about that. In fact, I have no time to be interested in Euroleague affairs. during the NBA seasons I am mostly thinking about Steve Nash, Tony Parker and Tim Duncan...

– Do you know some of the players in Europe?

– I mostly communicate with players who play in the NBA. On the other hand, there are plenty of my friends who went to play basketball to Europe.

One championship

– In the summer you had some free-time so you probably watched the World championship and cheered for the American team?

– If I'm not mistaken the Americans have lost something once again? I don't care about that. In fact, there's only one true World championship in the world and it's called... NBA playoffs. This World Championship is over in June, every year. After the championship the time is purely mine. The summer starts. Then I give my time to the family, kids who also want to see their daddy. And, by the way, which place did the team USA take in Japan?

– Third...

– Well, that's not to bad... If I were there with them, we would probably have taken gold.

– Would you like to represent the team USA in the Olympic games 2008 in Beijing?

– No, thank you. There's no use for that. Summer is my sacred time. Why should I put extra load on myself?
----------

btw, I so wanted to reply on this trhead, but it was closed. certain, Billy, who is the typical case of why Europeans (and others) hate Americans (ok, citizens of USA) first cals Poland Polen (I presume) and then goes on arguing that Poland and Texas are pretty much the same structures, but Texas is more influential. but there are a couple of his compatriots playing him down, this is happening more and more these days. that's good.

Calgary Jazz
10-07-2006, 06:10 PM
during the NBA seasons I am mostly thinking about Steve Nash, Tony Parker and Tim Duncan...

Are you gay Sam?

Rytas_Jega
10-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Parker, Oberto and Ginobili showed Arnold, Bynum and Buford what NBA is.

NBA haters, don't hide, tell me what is the only one true World championship?

Btw, I have a feeling Bynum and Buford will play for some Ukrainian team in the next 3-4 month.

Kestas
10-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Spurs just beat Maccabi in Paris 97:84 and even though Boner hit two triples in a row in the last minute and a half (you'd think the game was close..), Spurs were in total controll all the time and their win was beyond doubt from the midle of the second quarter (imho).

Maccabi look weaker than ever this season. loss of majority of their stars and also the war in Lebanon did not help them as not everyone invited agreed to go to Tel Aviv. I think that Jasaitis was the top scorer for Maccabi (second friendly game in a row when that happened I think..), although he was not a leader in the LTU club Lietuvos Rytas, where he played last year. although overall it seems that Maccabi may have good offense when they glue, but the poor deffense was what lost them this game.

regarding the atmosphere.. I'm mad at those who chose Paris for this. French have no idea about basketball.. and to think that now the tour will move to Germany, who are even worse in this regard, is maddening. therefore I'm convinced that be there a game in Tel Aviv, the score would be much, much closer (but Spurs would win anyways)...... first of all, fans seemed to be cheering for some Coyote thing (mascot of the Suns, I think) more than for any of the teams.. pathetic. also Spurs recieved much more applauds (because of Frenchman Parker, I presume - he was the best player on court). at least I hope in Germany they will cheer for the European representatives, though I wouldn't bet on it..

now, as I mentioned, the tour will move to Germany, where one should be looking forward to a Suns:CSKA game. that should be a treat.

Kestas
10-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Parker, Oberto and Ginobili showed Arnold, Bynum and Buford what NBA is.

NBA haters, don't hide, tell me what is the only one true World championship?

Btw, I have a feeling Bynum and Buford will play for some Ukrainian team in the next 3-4 month.

Yeap, this was awkward.. NBA team was led by players with European basketball origins and Duncan, while Maccabi were failed by a bunch of newly signed Americans.. :( although Bynum is ok imho, he could be considerably better than Sollomon as time goes by.. Other Maccabi Americans also should start playing better than they showed today.. but so far neither Anthony Parker nor Baston have not been replaced by equal players.. only Bynum is showing signs that he could at least replace Sollomon (not Saras, unfortunatelly), but we'll see how that develops..

Rytas_Jega
10-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Maccabi look weaker than ever this season.

There's no need for excuses.

They have Bynum Superstar. I really don't think they are so much weaker.

Israfan
10-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Spurs just beat Maccabi in Paris 97:84 and even though Boner hit two triples in a row in the last minute and a half (you'd think the game was close..), Spurs were in total controll all the time and their win was beyond doubt from the midle of the second quarter (imho).

Unfortunately, Spurs were in total control from the beginning.

Maccabi look weaker than ever this season. loss of majority of their stars and also the war in Lebanon did not help them as not everyone invited agreed to go to Tel Aviv. I think that Jasaitis was the top scorer for Maccabi (second friendly game in a row when that happened I think..), although he was not a leader in the LTU club Lietuvos Rytas, where he played last year. although overall it seems that Maccabi may have good offense when they glue, but the poor deffense was what lost them this game.

The Israel&Hezb war has nothing to do with this. That just too far away from Tel-Aviv. Jasaitis was OK, but not more than OK. He reminds me a much less coordinated version of Karnishovas may be with better shooting. Maccabi will be a good team, but

- It is a really new team only few games together, 3 new starters...
- They are lacking starting SG Burstein
- Maccabi will buy starting PF.
- I really dislike Buford...

But in any case, SA is really great team and they played like one level above Euroleague. But thats what we were talking about - best european teams are on the level of worst (or in best case medium) NBA teams. So far.

Kestas
10-09-2006, 07:31 AM
The Israel&Hezb war has nothing to do with this. That just too far away from Tel-Aviv. Jasaitis was OK, but not more than OK.

<...>

best european teams are on the level of worst (or in best case medium) NBA teams. So far.

Jasaitis has told that he was regreting his promt decision to go to Israel because of the conflict, so there are some real problems there. and yea, he's not the second coming of Karnisovas or Stombergas, unfortunatelly.

regarding the best teams... Maccabi, as you know very well, is maybe a top-10 Euroleague team at the very best at the moment. they would lose to CSKA or Panathinaikos any day now. their deffense was pathetic. the only good team on this tour, CSKA, have crushed Clippers (edit: sorry, Barca is a good team too, but not on the level of Pnathinaikos or CSKA atm). they did not beat them, - they crushed them just like Spurs crushed Maccabi.
anyways, it's still too little material to judge things by..

on the other hand, as this thread illustrates, some Americans have already lowered the bar saying that Clippers suck and they are not suprised they lost. just a weak ago the same people would probably say that Clips would beat any Euroleague team 9 times out of 10. so now the wall that Americans are hiding behind, appers to be the "beat our top teams at the end of the season" one.. be patient, you haven't got long to wait.

Israfan
10-09-2006, 07:42 AM
Jasaitis has told that he was regreting his promt decision to go to Israel because of the conflict, so there are some real problems there.

Really? I never heard about it not in Israeli or Lithuanian media.

anyways, it's still too little material to judge things by..

on the other hand, as this thread illustrates, some Americans have already lowered the bar

Agree

Rytas_Jega
10-09-2006, 01:46 PM
I still can't understand naivety of interantional basketball fans. Barcelona has no player of Saras caliber, while Saras is much overpaid, one of the worst players in NBA. How could Allen the Superstar lose to that bunch of born-losers under normal circumstances? This was only pre-season game. Sixers wouldn't lose 7 game series of Baseball at Lincoln Financial Field. Sorry for being rude but the truth must be said.

Tony Valente
10-10-2006, 04:58 PM
God. I don't know how this guy Nicola Vujicic doesn't play in NBA. He's absolutely awesome. Haven't seen such an intelligent and productive big man in Europe since Luis Scola impressed me 2 years ago. I know he is 30, and next year he will be 31, but at least we would have 3/5 out of that terrific Maccabi team. Now i wait for the Suns - Sixers game. Maybe I will be impressed even more by Amare ...

Ant btw, you still haven't answered my question. How many guys here believe that CSKA Moscow WOULDN'T be in top 4 NBA teams?

Seed
10-10-2006, 05:02 PM
God. I don't know how this guy Nicola Vujicic doesn't play in NBA.
Just a plain mistake by NBA scouts. But please.. leave something to Maccabi for heaven's sake.

Kestas
10-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Just a plain mistake by NBA scouts. But please.. leave something to Maccabi for heaven's sake.

good point ;)

btw, Sixer beat Suns 103:100!.

man oh man, they were trailing by 21 and then seated Iverson. Surprise, Surprise - they came back and won! Iverson did not play a single minute in the fourth! so did Webber, if I remember correctly (I saw only last ten minutes of the game, but the commentators filled the picture).

what can I say from that last quarter.. Suns played poorly. something happened to them. Stoudemire still looks rusty.. Sixers played freely and hit the basket extremely well.. the winning three was hit by Carney and later Brunson added a freethrow. before that freethrow Nash missed a triple.

clueless German fans were rooting for Sixers and Iverson (I suspect they did that because Sixers were losing, simple as that). at least the crowd was ok and it produced some noticable noise, unlike the anemic snobs of Paris.

this result is dissapointing. CSKA, who beat Maccabi really easily earlier today, are the favourites in tommorows final against Sixers, while Maccabi simply have no guns to beat Suns. Maccabi now are not a top-5 Euroleague team. but you never know..

if we were to believe the commentator, Sixers:Suns game took about half an hour longer than Maccabi:CSKA one (they took all timeouts, while Europeans did not do that). also I watched the timeouts in the aforementioned last quarter. longer timeouts were taking 2:30-2:45 minutes, while shorter ones lasted for around 40-45 seconds. is it always like that? i mean in europe we call timeouts "one minute breaks" (or in Lithuania at least) and they last one minute.

more on www.euroleague.net (http://www.euroleague.net) (new pathetic design there) and www.nba.com (http://www.nba.com) (why couldn't Euroleague just copy this site? ;))

Isaac
10-10-2006, 06:01 PM
I agree 100% with Sam Cassell.

Seed
10-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Sixer beat Suns 103:100!.

man oh man, they were trailing by 21 and then seated Iverson. Surprise, Surprise - they came back and won! Iverson did not play a single minute in the fourth! so did Webber, if I remember correctly (I saw only last ten minutes of the game, but the commentators filled the picture).

what can I say from that last quarter.. Suns played poorly. something happened to them. Stoudemire still looks rusty.. Sixers played freely and hit the basket extremely well.. the winning three was hit by Carney and later Brunson added a freethrow. before that freethrow Nash missed a triple.

clueless German fans were rooting for Sixers and Iverson (I suspect they did that because Sixers were losing, simple as that). at least the crowd was ok and it produced some noticable noise, unlike the anemic snobs of Paris.

this result is dissapointing. CSKA, who beat Maccabi really easily earlier today, are the favourites in tommorows final against Sixers, while Maccabi simply have no guns to beat Suns. Maccabi now are not a top-5 Euroleague team. but you never know..

if we were to believe the commentator, Sixers:Suns game took about half an hour longer than Maccabi:CSKA one (they took all timeouts, while Europeans did not do that). also I watched the timeouts in the aforementioned last quarter. longer timeouts were taking 2:30-2:45 minutes, while shorter ones lasted for around 40-45 seconds. is it always like that? i mean in europe we call timeouts "one minute breaks" (or in Lithuania at least) and they last one minute.

more on www.euroleague.net (http://www.euroleague.net) (new pathetic design there) and www.nba.com (http://www.nba.com) (why couldn't Euroleague just copy this site? ;))

Thanks for the updates!

Seed
10-10-2006, 06:06 PM
BTW - Maccabi signed today Noel Felix from the Sonics as a replacement to Baston in PF.
Can't say I've heard of him.

Kestas
10-10-2006, 06:26 PM
BTW - Maccabi signed today Noel Felix from the Sonics as a replacement to Baston in PF.
Can't say I've heard of him.

yah, this is not the Maccabi we used to know.. signing questionable Americans a few weaks before Euroleague.. talk about not losing ground.. I believe the conflict indeed had the influence on this roster, but maybe that's just the press making things up..