PDA

View Full Version : Artest

Romsey31
10-05-2006, 04:12 PM
I got this from a poster on Indystar. I just thought I'd share it with you guys. Im sorry if its already been posted.

Zoso71
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2006

Ron on the Pacers (Page 2)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was reading a Page 2 article on Artest, and this sidebar made my head hurt:

The Pacers
"When the Pacers gave me $6 mil a year, I was grateful for the money and I thank (GM) Donnie Walsh, but I wasn't getting what I deserved. I should've been getting $14-15 million, so I never wanted to give them that extra $9 mil. That extra nine is my mind and leadership. Sometimes I felt I was giving too much. I mean, I was an All-Star and Defensive Player of the Year, but I never wanted to give them an MVP-type season because they didn't treat me like one. But I'm not worried about the money no more. I'm grateful now and I'm going to give the Kings my all."

http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165720

Jermaniac
10-05-2006, 04:14 PM
What a *****. I hope he gets kicked out of the NBA and doesnt get any money then we would see where his mind and leadership would go. *****.

Frank Slade
10-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Here is the whole article, as it is lengthy

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=alipour/061005

microwave_oven
10-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Not our problem anymore. YAY :yay2:

FrenchConnection
10-05-2006, 04:29 PM
I just understand this attitude among players. But this is all about how much JO made in comparison to him. He is the man now in Sacto, so now all of a sudden the money is much less of an issue. He seems to have an inferiority complex, which is strange given his talent level.

kerosene
10-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Again, we see that anything coming out of Ron's mouth can't be taken at face value. You think that even he can't believe that he didn't give his all on the floor but then you start to wonder...maybe he does believe that.

Even if he does believe that, someone should've pointed out that it shows he misdirected his aggression towards the Pacers rather than himself for signing for such a low, low amount. Ron's always good for a quote though eh?

PacerMan
10-05-2006, 04:34 PM
How could ANYONE expect his heart and soul for 6 measly million a year.
*removed*

Mourning
10-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Some of these players should have had real jobs before they joined the NBA. They talk about millions as if it's nothing.

He had a great contract for the Pacers, but he aggreed to it himself and it's not like he was an All-Star allready when he signed it. A great talent that was coming out, so what's this for nonsense? Just some other BS to somehow make it look like he didn't wrong the Pacers, but the other way around. *removed*

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

ABADays
10-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Uh. Umm. Errr. I guess the only thing I can say is the sweetest music I ever heard was . . . "Thank God, He's Gone!".

Hicks
10-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Guys, the comments at face-value are maddening, but remember this guy makes **** up all the time and thinks he's telling the truth. The man's a nut.

Pacesetter
10-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Donnie went on record saying he tried to tell Ronnie that he may not want to do the contract they set up for him, but apparently Ron's mind wasn't sold on the idea he could do better elsewhere, or that in his mind he didn't think he could ever become a $14-15 million player, and the money he was offered by the Pacers was a safety net for the 6 years he was inked for, or whatever the term was.

$9 million for his "mind and leadership?" :surprised

"Kong will be kong!" - Uncle Reggie

JJ DYNOBYTE
10-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Is this why people think athletes are spoiled??

AesopRockOn
10-05-2006, 05:12 PM
Worse than Rodman with the things that come out of his mouth but I still don't hate him. He does some really stupid things but I still have a place in my heart for this footballer/rapper/basketballer/boxer/mental patient; maybe it's because I just hate Stern so much.

aero
10-05-2006, 05:46 PM
hes a head case, i could care less about him.

Mac_Daddy
10-05-2006, 06:06 PM
I think that Ron is just trying to come up with excuses for him being such headcase here. He did play hard and to the best of his abilities while he was here. I won't even consider this blurb from him until I start seeing his MVP trophies or his maturity coming into play.

Kegboy
10-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Not our problem anymore. YAY :yay2:

QFT

ChicagoJ
10-05-2006, 06:20 PM
And yet Chicago was so desparate to get rid of him that they took Jalen's contract and gave up Brad Miller just to get rid of him.

We've heard many times that Ron has had a very inflated view of his own worth. This shouldn't be surprising.

$9 million for his mind and leadership? Wow, that's funny.

Not sure they're even worth $0.09.

RamBo_Lamar
10-05-2006, 06:43 PM
When Artest was here, I loved the guy, was one of his biggest supporters, and
thought he had more game than almost anybody else in the league.

Now i wish the guy would just fall off the face of the earth and dissapear once
and for all.

He must be one of the most selfish self-centered knuckleheads in the world
to not think of, or acknowledge how many untold millions of dollars worth of
damage he did to the Pacers franchise, or all the fans who stood by him that
he betrayed.

His making statements like that just rubs salt in the wounds, and makes me
sick to think that I once thought the guy was such a great pickup.

:censored:

Evan_The_Dude
10-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Ron who?

skyfire
10-05-2006, 07:16 PM
I'll still love Ron's game no matter what crazy **** comes out of his mouth. It was an awfully traumatic few seasons, but at the end of the day the brawl resulted in us getting Granger, who has the potential to be every bit as good as Ron without any of the crazies.

JayRedd
10-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Great article....Further proving my theory that there aint nothing more entertaining than crazy people.

vapacersfan
10-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Who is this person all of you people speak of?

SoupIsGood
10-05-2006, 09:50 PM
*removed*

;)

Shade
10-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Hey Ron, how about throwing some of that $$$ toward buying back the jerseys you said you would? :rolleyes:

Good riddance, nutjob. :wave:

rexnom
10-05-2006, 10:31 PM
And yet Chicago was so desparate to get rid of him that they took Jalen's contract and gave up Brad Miller just to get rid of him.

We've heard many times that Ron has had a very inflated view of his own worth. This shouldn't be surprising.

$9 million for his mind and leadership? Wow, that's funny.

Not sure they're even worth $0.09.
Are you kidding me? I would have given 9 million for Ron Artest's mind and leadership. If Ron was sane and acted like a leader we would be sitting on at least one championship at this point.

Regarding his comments, wow. The old "Ron Artest for a bag of chips" trade proposal doesn't seem so bad anymore.

SycamoreKen
10-06-2006, 12:12 AM
Are you kidding me? I would have given 9 million for Ron Artest's mind and leadership. If Ron was sane and acted like a leader we would be sitting on at least one championship at this point.

Regarding his comments, wow. The old "Ron Artest for a bag of chips" trade proposal doesn't seem so bad anymore.

There. I made that if as big as I could but its still not big enough. I am so happy Ron is not on this team anymore.

rexnom
10-06-2006, 04:42 AM
There. I made that if as big as I could but its still not big enough. I am so happy Ron is not on this team anymore.
That was kind of my point. The if is so big that I would easily pay 9 mil for it. Sacramento basically just bet their entire franchise on that if.

SycamoreKen
10-06-2006, 10:17 AM
That was kind of my point. The if is so big that I would easily pay 9 mil for it. Sacramento basically just bet their entire franchise on that if.

If you still have that 9 million laying around I'll sell you my if. :D

grace
10-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Some of these players should have had real jobs before they joined the NBA. They talk about millions as if it's nothing.

He wanted to work at Best Buy when he played for the Bulls because he liked their stuff and wanted to get an employee discount.

grace
10-06-2006, 12:05 PM
I'll still love Ron's game no matter what crazy **** comes out of his mouth. It was an awfully traumatic few seasons, but at the end of the day the brawl resulted in us getting Granger, who has the potential to be every bit as good as Ron without any of the crazies.

Just think how much more you'd love him if he'd apply himself for that 9 mil he thinks he's owed.

grace
10-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Hey Ron, how about throwing some of that $$$ toward buying back the jerseys you said you would? :rolleyes:

Good riddance, nutjob. :wave:

If we're sending him a bill he owes me for the t-shirt and the Allure CD I bought.