PDA

View Full Version : for those of you who attend pacers games...

aero
10-04-2006, 01:38 AM
do you take signs ever ?

I thought about taking a sign to the Fan Jam on sunday...are we even allowed to take signs ?

if so then I'll make my sign to take

Mr. Pink
10-04-2006, 03:39 AM
I'm going to make a sign. I gotta buddy who's pretty good with art and stuff. Hopefully the Pacers will just stare in amazement, and I'll get to play in the game.

aero
10-04-2006, 05:24 AM
im thinking about making a sign for James "Flight" White that reads:

Im here for the "Flight"

lumber man
10-04-2006, 05:30 AM
"Give Jack A Chance." :)

317Kim
10-04-2006, 06:00 AM
I make signs once in a while for regular season, but when it's Playoff time, I'm my own sign making machine :)

D23
10-04-2006, 09:24 AM
I made an extremely flourescent one out of blue and gold with a neon-yellow border that just says "PACER PRIDE." Nothing fancy but it sticks out a lot lol. I stuck "ESPN" in the corner of it 2 years ago during the playoffs and got myself on TV :D

tinsley#11
10-04-2006, 10:37 AM
A good sign would read, "Welcome to 'New Jax' City"!

ChicagoJ
10-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Generally, no. But at Jay's_Daughter@Section19's request, we took a sign to Reggie's last game in Chicago because we had really good seats.

And, as you might recall, that was the game the day after the bomb scare at the Palace, which Reggie was quite outspoken about. Blane Reicheldt ejected Reggie (and Rick) (and he almost had to eject me) very early in that game.

I was supposed to take that same sign to his last regular season game (again, against Chicago), but I refused. No more signs for me.

Isaac
10-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Generally, no. But at Jay's_Daughter@Section19's request, we took a sign to Reggie's last game in Chicago because we had really good seats.

And, as you might recall, that was the game the day after the bomb scare at the Palace, which Reggie was quite outspoken about. Blane Reicheldt ejected Reggie (and Rick) (and he almost had to eject me) very early in that game.

I was supposed to take that same sign to his last regular season game (again, against Chicago), but I refused. No more signs for me.

I was right behind the Pacers bench at that game, I had a sign as well. However, the sign was under my seat for most of the game after Reggie got tossed.

That game was pretty bad overall, but Jack really got hot at the end and we almost won somehow. He had his career high that game if I remember correctly.

Gervin2Granger
10-04-2006, 09:36 PM
I've only brought a sign once to a game that read "Foster: Thats Hoosier for Rebound". Anyways the Pacers lost to the Pistons at that game, during the playoffs, and I've never made a sign since. But you won't expierence the same bad luck as me I'm sure and your sign idea sounds awesome.

rel
10-04-2006, 10:11 PM
i've always wondered how the person that sits behind the guy with the sign that blocks their vision to see the game felt
:)

PacerFan31
10-04-2006, 10:25 PM
i've always wondered how the person that sits behind the guy with the sign that blocks their vision to see the game felt

If I'm the guy sitting behind you with a sign, you would find out quickly :laugh:

Naptown_Seth
10-05-2006, 01:44 AM
The only time I've taken a sign it was for game 6 vs Boston in 2005 and I was sitting right behind "Sign Guy" Matt (baseline by visitors entrance). It was made to be too, a chance to eliminate Boston from the playoffs for a game being covered by TNT, ie Kenny Smith would put them in the Gone Fishing photos after the game if they lost.

My sign - " 'Toine Fishin' " and sitting right by their path on the way to the tunnel after the game.

And then MF'n Boston won the F'n game! I was super PO'd. That was one of the most perfect matches of signs to moments you could ever hope for, a one time only thing, and I got denied.

A sign I almost did for the Miami playoffs in 04 was "Skip to My Who?" ;)

For White, how about "This Flite is all Business and Class" with a very small "and" :)

ChicagoJ
10-05-2006, 03:22 PM

If somebody is holding up the sign while the ball is in play....

:fight: