PDA

View Full Version : Talked to Donnie Walsh Today

Mr. Sobchak
10-03-2006, 01:16 PM
As I mentioned before I'm at the University of Dayton working towards my degree in sports management. As of right now I'm working on a report about what it takes to be a GM of a professional basketball franchise. I left him a message last night and to my suprise he called me back this morning. We basically just talked about what he did before becoming the president of the Pacers and what his job responisbilites are. I thought it was really funny that when I asked him if he had any hobbies or interests outside of basketball he said he had none. I just thought i would share...I'm still stunned that he called me back. He's a really cool guy.

RWB
10-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks for sharing Peskoe97. Sounds like the Don is a 24/7 guys when it comes to the Ps. This also brings up the point will the man ever get to the point he'll step down?

JayRedd
10-03-2006, 03:52 PM
That's great, Peskoe. Good to hear The Don still has time for us little people.

Hicks
10-03-2006, 04:08 PM
That's cool; thanks for sharing!

No hobbies? Someone better buy him NBA Live and 2k so he has a franchise to look over when he's retired. :D

sweabs
10-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Woo! Sport management!

LG33
10-03-2006, 05:13 PM
That's cool; thanks for sharing!

No hobbies? Someone better buy him NBA Live and 2k so he has a franchise to look over when he's retired. :D

Hahaha...niiice.

Eindar
10-03-2006, 05:44 PM
How would you like to be in a fantasy basketball league with donnie walsh when he retires?

Mr. Sobchak
10-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Ok now Im really freaking out. I just got off the phone with David Morway..I guess the TPTB are on a mission to really win their fans back

Anthem
10-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Wow, nice.

How do you pull this off? Just call the Pacers front office and say "I'd like to speak to Donnie Walsh?"

Mr. Sobchak
10-03-2006, 06:01 PM
well if you call their main infomation line after hours there is an option for a mailbox directory and you just have to type the last name of the person into your phone and it takes you to their mailbox. I just left them messages explaining my project and I asked if I could have 10 minutes of their time and asked to call me back and alas they did :D

Pacesetter
10-03-2006, 07:53 PM
As I mentioned before I'm at the University of Dayton working towards my degree in sports management. As of right now I'm working on a report about what it takes to be a GM of a professional basketball franchise. I left him a message last night and to my suprise he called me back this morning. We basically just talked about what he did before becoming the president of the Pacers and what his job responisbilites are. I thought it was really funny that when I asked him if he had any hobbies or interests outside of basketball he said he had none. I just thought i would share...I'm still stunned that he called me back. He's a really cool guy.

There's very few people like Donnie Walsh. He's a pro's pro - a legend before our eyes!

Good for you, you must have some credibility! ;) :)

Leisure Suit Larry
10-03-2006, 07:55 PM
well if you call their main infomation line after hours there is an option for a mailbox directory and you just have to type the last name of the person into your phone and it takes you to their mailbox. I just left them messages explaining my project and I asked if I could have 10 minutes of their time and asked to call me back and alas they did :D

Did you see if Jermaine O'Neal had a mailbox?

Isaac
10-03-2006, 08:14 PM
What is the main information line? Is that posted on pacers.com?

Mr. Sobchak
10-03-2006, 08:48 PM
What is the main information line? Is that posted on pacers.com?

yea its there somewhere