PDA

View Full Version : Pacers pursued 'Zo?

D23
10-03-2006, 09:38 AM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/heat/content/sports/epaper/2006/10/03/a5c_heatnotes_1003.html
--

Zo spurns offers: Center Alonzo Mourning, entering his 14th season, said he had "lucrative offers" from San Antonio, Cleveland and Indiana, but decided to return to the Heat because of his devotion to owner Micky Arison and the fans.
"It's only fitting if I decide to retire it's in a Heat uniform," said Mourning, 36.
--

I'm a 'Zo fan and love seeing him finish his career with Miami but still... it could've been sweet if Indiana landed him :drooling:

Kegboy
10-03-2006, 09:48 AM
:(

Skaut_Ech
10-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Despite his age and health concerns, I gotta say, I would be estatic if we could have pulled that off. Imagine what kind of lockerroom presence he would have been? Given the youth of this team, that could have been a HUGE move for us across the board for talent and chemistry and leadership.

What is heartening for me is the fact that we MADE a lucrative offer.

SoupIsGood
10-03-2006, 10:02 AM
man

clownskull
10-03-2006, 11:03 AM
yeh, i think he could still give us a good 15-20 min. a game.
i think we could have used him.

Unclebuck
10-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Makes sense, but I can't blame him for staying down in Miami. I wonder how much we offered him

Hicks
10-03-2006, 11:31 AM
We probably offered the MLE.

Mourning
10-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Damn! That would have been SWEET! Ah well ... he's going to finish his career in the place he played by far the biggest part of his career.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

aero
10-03-2006, 03:47 PM
makes me wonder who else we went after...

travmil
10-03-2006, 03:51 PM
That would have been great to see everyone on this board start raving about his flexing after even the most mundane play, instead of villifying him for it. :D

pizza guy
10-03-2006, 03:57 PM
That would have been amazing.

!Pacers-Fan!
10-03-2006, 04:32 PM
He's a good Center man, blocks, and plays fast.

Eindar
10-03-2006, 05:45 PM
My guess is it would have been a S&T.

8.9_seconds
10-03-2006, 08:56 PM
I Love Zo. He has always been one of my favorite players, but I can't say that I'm not happy he's staying loyal to his team.

Leisure Suit Larry
10-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Not a fan. Glad this didn't happen.

bulldog
10-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Here's a question I have about Zo, it may be controversial, I don't know, let's see what you think:

Why is he still playing? The man got a frickin liver transplant, there's so many people on wait lists, while he puts his liver and health at risk night in and night out. Isn't that a little irresponsible? He's won a ring, he's won millions, why is he still in the NBA?

Sollozzo
10-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Here's a question I have about Zo, it may be controversial, I don't know, let's see what you think:

Why is he still playing? The man got a frickin liver transplant, there's so many people on wait lists, while he puts his liver and health at risk night in and night out. Isn't that a little irresponsible? He's won a ring, he's won millions, why is he still in the NBA?

I thought it was a kidney? Not that it makes a difference to the point you're trying to make.

grace
10-04-2006, 12:30 AM
Yes it was his kidney. He got the new kidney from a cousin.

sweabs
10-04-2006, 12:42 AM
I love his game. He'd probably be one of my favourite players outside of the Pacers if he didn't screw over the Nets and Raptors like he did. What a joke.

vapacersfan
10-04-2006, 12:44 PM

Because he loves getting up and going to work everyday?......

Naptown_Seth
10-04-2006, 04:54 PM

Yes, because playing basketball is one of the checks on the kidney donor list that gets you booted off, right next to drug abuse, smoking and alcoholism.

"At risk"? How many basketball players have lost kidneys from playing ball? They are probably thrilled to have someone keeping their body in shape, rather than losing a kidney from diabetes brought on by excessive weight or something.

Los Angeles
10-04-2006, 05:36 PM

I appreciate what you're trying to say ... but I'm damn proud of the guy for coming back.