PDA

View Full Version : Dale Davis argues with GM, leaves practice unexcused.

Roy Munson
01-23-2004, 06:42 PM
DD got into a beef with Portland GM John Nash today and walked out of practice. It had something to do with a fine DD had received from last week.

I'm sure Portland would LOVE to unload him now. Mo Cheeks said today that DD would no longer be a starter for Portland. The starting frontline will now be Wallace-Patterson-Randolph.

DD's season is going through a meltdown.

ABADays
01-23-2004, 06:49 PM
So - the question. Would you trade Scott Pollard straight up for Dale?

Roy Munson
01-23-2004, 06:58 PM
So - the question. Would you trade Scott Pollard straight up for Dale?

I'm really not sure. They are both awful offensively and sometimes adequate on the boards and on defense. Are the contracts similar?

ABADays
01-23-2004, 07:06 PM
Someone wiser than I needs to answer that one.

beast23
01-23-2004, 07:18 PM
Davis $9M signed through 2004/2005
Pollard $5.3M signed through 2005/2006.

It would take more than just Pollard alone. About another $2.5M worth or so.

ABADays
01-23-2004, 07:21 PM
Thanks beast. Too much to bring him back even though I love the guy!

Roy Munson
01-23-2004, 07:25 PM
Davis $9M signed through 2004/2005
Pollard $5.3M signed through 2005/2006.

It would take more than just Pollard alone. About another $2.5M worth or so.

Wow. I didn't realize DD's contract was that high. Considering the way he is playing this year, that is a Croshere-esq contract.

You could look at it this way: do you think that if the Pacers wouldn't pay Brad Miller 7 mil, they'd even consider paying DD 9 mil? I don't think so.

beast23
01-23-2004, 07:37 PM
But it is a short term contract that would free up cap space following next season. If DD were to re-sign after next season, he certainly would not be looking at anything near $9M.

Surely, if DD is to no longer be a starter in Portland, then the 'Blazers would not be looking to receive a starting quality player in return. If they think DD is becoming a problem, maybe they might be interested in a couple of our reserves not named Al. Breaking DD's salary across two other players might make it easier for them to swing additional trades.

Anthem
01-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Pollard? Dunno. But Cro.... :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper:

Odd, though. What's Dale doing getting into fights with management in the middle of the season? Maybe Sheed just rubs off...

On another note, picture this:

Jermaine at Center, Zack Randolph at PF, Sheed at SF.

Scary.

Jose Slaughter
01-23-2004, 07:55 PM
How about DD to Toronto for Murray, Montross & Moiso.

Toronto gets their center & dumps the guys they don't want.

Portland gets another scorer, a young (under-used) athletic big man & a retiring player.

Cactus Jax
01-23-2004, 08:02 PM
How about DD to Toronto for Murray, Montross & Moiso.

Toronto gets their center & dumps the guys they don't want.

Portland gets another scorer, a young (under-used) athletic big man & a retiring player.

That's boring to these people though. They want him in Indy, and I wouldn't mind him for either Cro or Pollard and filler.