PDA

View Full Version : NBA League pass & Linux users wanted

able
09-29-2006, 05:09 AM
I know it's a tall order, but I need people who can see the most (preferably all) games, have a puter running under linux (or can set one up) and a decent tv card in that computer.

I will explain at some stage what I want to do to the masses, but for now, those who can help (any little bit is something, having more then one option is good for safety anyway) will be informed

pls pm me

able
09-30-2006, 02:46 PM
:bump:

Anthem
09-30-2006, 04:26 PM
You didn't respond to my pm.

able
09-30-2006, 05:12 PM
I got one??? runs of and goes check

Eindar
09-30-2006, 05:55 PM
I'm also looking for a one-legged albino with orange dreadlocks, preferably with gold teeth and six fingers :D

Anthem
10-01-2006, 12:36 AM
I'm also looking for a one-legged albino with orange dreadlocks, preferably with gold teeth and six fingers :D
See, that's why I don't go to the forum parties. Everybody makes fun of my appearance. :soundoff:

For the record, and for those who haven't met me, I don't have gold teeth, just gold fillings. And my hair isn't "orange," it's just a light red.

JayRedd
10-01-2006, 03:35 PM

Looking for an Aztec warrior with a Charles Manson forehead tattoo, a fu-manchu, and a birthmark in the shape of the former Yugoslavia who rides a unicorn.

PM if you meet the criteria.

able
10-01-2006, 04:47 PM
there's a name for people posting drible in a serious thread

Anthem
10-01-2006, 10:37 PM
JayRedd?

Eindar
10-01-2006, 10:59 PM

Amateur comedians?

Sorry Able, it was just too easy.

I've got a mobo and probably an old graphics card I could use to set up a linux box, but I'd have to learn the O/S, and, more importantly, I don't have league pass :(

able
10-02-2006, 05:38 AM
Not sure whether leagua pass is a pre-requisite, it is "handy" the intention is to re-broadcast but we need as many games as posible, we have one source with approx 30 games, I'd like to bring it up to 108

And i wasn't referring to you Eindar, once is funny, twice and more exorbitant doesn't make it funnier, it makes a nuisance, people seem to forget that even if those receiving the stream are paying pittance to the cost of broadcasting it, the work and a large part of the cost are carried by other people and it is always far easier to "comment" then to do something that solves and creates possibilities.

cheers :D

Naptown_Seth
10-02-2006, 09:02 AM
I will explain at some stage what I want to do to the masses
I'm not sure what your socio-political agenda has to do with Linux and recording NBA clips, but going by the pseudonym of Mr. Hilter isn't helping matters any.

Some more DRIVEL for your thread. :-p

translation - I don't have League Pass and while I could set up a Linux box, I don't have one running right now. Sorry.

MagicRat
10-02-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm not sure what your socio-political agenda has to do with Linux and recording NBA clips, but going by the pseudonym of Mr. Hilter isn't helping matters any.

Some more DRIVEL for your thread. :-p

translation - I don't have League Pass and while I could set up a Linux box, I don't have one running right now. Sorry.

Hilter?

Eindar
10-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Not sure whether leagua pass is a pre-requisite, it is "handy" the intention is to re-broadcast but we need as many games as posible, we have one source with approx 30 games, I'd like to bring it up to 108

And i wasn't referring to you Eindar, once is funny, twice and more exorbitant doesn't make it funnier, it makes a nuisance, people seem to forget that even if those receiving the stream are paying pittance to the cost of broadcasting it, the work and a large part of the cost are carried by other people and it is always far easier to "comment" then to do something that solves and creates possibilities.

cheers :D

Go ahead and PM me. I've always wanted to play around with recording live TV, and this might finally give me the push I need to start up a new hobby.

Naptown_Seth
10-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Hilter?
Monty Python joke.

Mr. Hilter was the rather poor cover name Hitler came up with when he and his main group (Bimmler, Ron Vibbentrop, McGoering :) ) moved to some small British town after WW2 and ran a campaign for mayor or something like that. Of course everyone in town was humorously oblivious despite the names and accent. One of the funniest Hitler sendups ever done.

http://throwawayyourtv.com/2006/02/monty-python-videoroll.html

Use the film roll below the video window to scroll over to the 9th clip with a guy in a Nazi uniform called "hitler monty python".

Transcipt
http://www.ibras.dk/montypython/episode12.htm

"boncentration bamps" :D

JayRedd
10-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Sorry....Bored.