PDA

View Full Version : Nets sign Jay Williams 3 years after motorcycle accident (ESPN.com)

RoboHicks
09-28-2006, 02:20 PM
The New Jersey Nets on Thursday signed Jay Williams, who had a promising rookie season in 2002-03 before sustaining severe leg and hip injuries in a motorcycle accident.

More... (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2606187&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines)

tdubb03
09-28-2006, 05:28 PM
Good for him. Unguarenteed deal, but still. He seems to be a classy guy, good to see him get another shot.

PacerMan
09-28-2006, 09:02 PM
"They" say he showed very well in predraft camps. But playing an NBA season is a whole nother thing. I wish him well.

JayRedd
09-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Now all they need is White Chocolate to have had the full set.

I hope this works out for him though. Should be a good situation for him learning from JKidd and getting pushed by Marcus Williams.

This could turn out to be a pretty good off-season for NJ. Marcus Williams, Eddie House, Hassan Adams and Jay Williams should all get the opportunity to crack the rotation. And with Josh Boone and Mikki Moore they got two big bodies that they DESPERATELY needed.

Jose Slaughter
09-29-2006, 02:51 AM
Now all they need is White Chocolate to have had the full set.

I hope this works out for him though. Should be a good situation for him learning from JKidd and getting pushed by Marcus Williams.

This could turn out to be a pretty good off-season for NJ. Marcus Williams, Eddie House, Hassan Adams and Jay Williams should all get the opportunity to crack the rotation. And with Josh Boone and Mikki Moore they got two big bodies that they DESPERATELY needed.

Plus they're bringing in Ilic from over seas to back up Krstic. The Nets should do well this season.