PDA

View Full Version : Daniels' status uncertain

RoboHicks
09-27-2006, 04:10 AM
Indiana Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said he isn't sure newcomer Marquis Daniels will be ready to go when training camp opens next week.Comment (http://www.topix.net/forum/link/thread?forum=nba/indiana-pacers&artsig=d21919be8a)

More... (http://topix.net/r/0sgB2ypc4UiiNybykHsA8fRk1q0zMTvEdnG0872XzIREGwsMvW lZ5nKBsYlPZWSWKBfmRJwJKvfSIi6kPRTnbRdYXHkhBHWyDhTh pU9W7cVV8T16uIfT0ghWnQ3Sdxyqojd58=2FKfpLmAD8JLQzFW xpdgkUVwIlS8h3e1QWSSoZPo=3D)

PacerFan31
09-27-2006, 04:23 AM
This really had me worried until I read the article.

Eindar
09-27-2006, 04:27 AM
So, we're still a week away from training camp and we've already got 2 injuries? (Harrison and Daniels)

Business as usual, I guess :(

Unclebuck
09-27-2006, 08:15 AM
That's no big deal

Slick Pinkham
09-27-2006, 08:33 AM
I've had that done, the doc cuts out part of toenail and kills the nail bed on that side to prevent recurring ingrown toenails and accompanying infections.

It hurts bad for a few days, but he'll be 100% in 2 weeks tops.

Unclebuck
09-27-2006, 09:35 AM
What's wrong with Harrison, I've totally missed this?

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24563

He said his lungs weren't expanding all the way. He didn't seem too concerned

Speed
09-27-2006, 09:37 AM

thank you very much, I just saw it. Thats really strange and not very detailed. I would think something like that has to be concerning, though.

Jose Slaughter
09-27-2006, 09:53 AM
With the history of our medical staff, Daniels might have a broken foot, they just havn't realized it yet.

clownskull
09-27-2006, 11:04 AM
With the history of our medical staff, Daniels might have a broken foot, they just havn't realized it yet.

sad, but true!!!

Bball
09-27-2006, 11:15 AM
The Pacers are trying a new approach... Honesty?
Or at least aren't going with the usual snow job this year telling us how wonderfully fit everyone is and all.

Or does this just mean they are hiding something really insidious? The old shell game.
:devil: :tinfoil: :mib:

-Bball

Mav
09-27-2006, 11:19 AM
This is the kind of thing that plagued Quis in Dallas... wierd injuries. I've never thought him to be injury prone ... he just has unbelievably bad luck with his body. Good thing he doesn't have any animals with teeth(referencing one of my favorite Quis quotes).

Expect him to be out more than two weeks.

Los Angeles
09-27-2006, 11:50 AM
September 27, 2006

Daniels' status uncertain

Indiana Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said he isn't sure newcomer Marquis Daniels will be ready to go when training camp opens next week. Daniels is dealing with occasional problems following a procedure to remove a toenail on his left big toe.

"Doctors decided to remove the toenail permanently," Carlisle said. "It's a healing process that's taken time."

Daniels, acquired for Austin Croshere from Dallas in July, has participated in offseason workouts but has been limited.

Daniels averaged 10.2 points and 3.6 rebounds last season for the Mavericks.

NuffSaid
09-27-2006, 02:35 PM
So, we're still a week away from training camp and we've already got 2 injuries? (Harrison and Daniels)

Business as usual, I guess :(

What happened to Harrison?

PacerFan31
09-27-2006, 02:43 PM
What happened to Harrison?

Just a few posts up. It was already covered.

NuffSaid
09-27-2006, 03:11 PM
PF31,

Just noticed...thanks.

Interesting...wonder if the kid smokes?

Putnam
09-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Interesting...wonder if the kid smokes?

The Pacers Digest poster named "blanket" used to have an avatar showing Harrison sitting at a poker table holding a big cigar.

tdubb03
09-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Permenately removed? Imagine how funny his toe's gonna look.

Since86
09-27-2006, 03:33 PM
The Pacers Digest poster named "blanket" used to have an avatar showing Harrison sitting at a poker table holding a big cigar.

Smoking a cigar while playing poker, doesn't nessacarily mean he's a "smoker." I know several people, myself included, that smoke cigars while playing cards, that don't ever pick up a cigarette.

I'd imagine he smokes few and far between. You'd have to be a complete moron to be a smoker and a professional athlete, unless it was NASCAR or you're John Daly.

imawhat
09-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Smoking a cigar while playing poker, doesn't nessacarily mean he's a "smoker." I know several people, myself included, that smoke cigars while playing cards, that don't ever pick up a cigarette.

I'd imagine he smokes few and far between. You'd have to be a complete moron to be a smoker and a professional athlete, unless it was NASCAR or you're John Daly.

It's not the greatest idea, but there were some Pacers who smoked regularly (afaik) a few years ago.

imawhat
09-27-2006, 04:18 PM
And Harrison's condition could be genetic.

Putnam
09-27-2006, 04:18 PM

Right. Only "blanket" knows if the photo is genuine, even. Even if it is, it may be rare for Harrison to smoke.

I almost added a similar qualification when I made the post. Then I decided to say what I know to be true and let others draw their own conclusions.

"People say believe half of what you see
And none of what you hear.
But I can't help but be confused,
If it's true, please tell me, dear."
-- Marvin Gaye

Lord Helmet
09-27-2006, 05:44 PM
I don't care what it is, but I never like hearing about injuries. I've grown to HATE them all......

vapacersfan
09-27-2006, 06:24 PM

I have no clue how much of it is true, but I have heard many rumors about players who smoke (and no, not just jacks). With that said, I would imagine they would not do so during the NBA season.....

Jermaniac
09-27-2006, 06:52 PM
He is fine, as long as he is playing the first day of the season I'm good.

Eindar
09-28-2006, 12:03 AM
By Halloween it's going to be a major toe infection, and they'll probably amputate sometime around Thanksgiving :)

Naptown_Seth
09-28-2006, 12:04 AM

He said he gave up cigarettes but he didn't say he quit smoking.

:D

(relax, just a classic joke, I hope to hell he isn't really smoking his way to lung problems)

"Doctors decided to remove the toenail permanently,"
a) What in the ******* is going wrong that it comes to this?

b) Since when has this option even been on the table? I thought those suckers grew back on their own.

c) When I was a kid I slipped off my bike seat and drug my bare feet till I lost all 10 toenails. That is not something you want happening, especially on purpose because your crackpot doctor decides to try it out for fun.

;)

Also, does anyone see the humor in the fact that often people jokingly say that Tinsley will go town the minute he stubs his toe, etc, yet here is the likeable new guy and he really is down with a toenail issue.

Welcome to the Pacers Daniels, prepare to head to the lockerroom with a severe nosebleed or sit out due to painfully chronic split ends (it does get dry up here in the winter). Have you had chicken pox yet and what's your history with ringworm? Seriously, just get ready for any possible health concern to be on the table, nothing is beyond the realm of chance with this jinxed team.