PDA

View Full Version : Camp Countdown: Shooting Guards (Pacers.com)

RoboHicks
09-26-2006, 09:40 AM
With a recharged Stephen Jackson and added athleticism in the forms of Marquis Daniels and James White, the shooting guard position may be the deepest on the roster as our five-part series continues.

More... (http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/camp_countdown_sg_060926.html?rss=true)

Putnam
09-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Again, a good review by Bruno. Nothing too sur[prising, but there doesn't need to be. He's right to point out that the Daniels acquisition may be as important as the later Harrington trade that overshadowed it. We're going to be glad we've got Marquis.

Jackson has much to prove in terms of his ability to be a constructive force. No doubt the presence of legitimate challengers for playing time like Daniels and White will not only provide motivational fodder for Jackson but legitimate options for Coach Rick Carlisle.

Bruno is right. The Pacers have more depth of talent here than any other position on the floor.

JayRedd
09-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Bruno is right. The Pacers have more depth of talent here than any other position on the floor.

If that's true, then I'm gonna puke.

At the SG, we have Stephen Jackson, a three-year back-up who can't shoot and a rookie.

Sounds like a can't-miss.

Isaac
09-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Or, you could say that we have a guy who will give us at least 16 a game without getting injured, a guy who when given playing time shined and played outstanding, and possibly the best dunker in the world.

JayRedd
09-26-2006, 02:19 PM
Or, you could say that we have a guy who will give us at least 16 a game without getting injured, a guy who when given playing time shined and played outstanding, and possibly the best dunker in the world.

Nah.....optimism doesn't suit me.

I'll give you the best dunker, even without the possibly. But I'm thinking "outstanding" is a little overboard. (Don't get me wrong....I like Quisy. He just is what he is--and nothing more--to me, until I see him play a little more.)

Dr. Goldfoot
09-26-2006, 02:45 PM
I'd say we're more stacked at the three. Granger, Daniels, White, Jackson and Harrington will all see minutes there. With the exception of White who may or may not get much playing time, the rest will see minutes at the three most likely every game in which they play.

waxman
09-26-2006, 03:10 PM
I don't mind hyperbole or opinions, but when facts are wrong people need to be called out on it. Stephen Jackson isn't a three year back up.

And if you think he should be a back up, need I remind you he played in front of Manu Ginobili on the Spurs 02-03 Championship team.

I believe the 3 year backup was in reference to Daniels... at least thats how I read it.

Will Galen
09-26-2006, 04:45 PM
I believe the 3 year backup was in reference to Daniels... at least thats how I read it.

Duh on me!